Meet & Greet for New Members #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi WebSleuths,

I'm Micaela from Australia. Very interested in what you are doing here. I'm a journalist by trade with a focus on crime and criminal justice - I'm here as a layperson though. Just thought I'd introduce myself and get the ball rolling!

Hey WS!! I must say its exciting I am here now! I have always had a true crime obsession, and a desire to help solve crime. I have in the past checked out some of the information on the site but never signed up as a member until today!!! So Nice to be here and thanks for having me!

Hello all! I recently joined but have been interested in true crime since religiously watching Dateline and 20/20 as a kid with my mom. I'm in the medical field and especially interested in the forensic pathology of certain cases. I find it really exciting to see the way genetics will play a role in solving cold Jx Doe cases - granted there is a way to get more funding. I also love true crime podcasts - The Vanished, Crime Junkie, and Morbid are some of my favorites.
Hello and Welcome.
As soon as I read "Crime Junkie" the theme music played in my head....
lol.

Hi WebSleuths,

I'm Micaela from Australia. Very interested in what you are doing here. I'm a journalist by trade with a focus on crime and criminal justice - I'm here as a layperson though. Just thought I'd introduce myself and get the ball rolling!
Welcome @Dybuk! I recommend first checking out the media-only/no discussion thread for any case you are interested in as a good place to get acquainted with the facts of a case. We have some very dedicated members that do their best to keep the media threads current for member reference. :)

Hello everyone!

I'm Alexander Fretheim from the Seattle area and recently read about this site in the Atavist article on the Aundria Bowman case. This site, and especially its potential for good, intrigues me greatly. I hope to be an active participant in this community, and to help in any way I can!

Hello fellow sleuthers! I joined this site in order to follow the Suzanne Morphew case. I lived in Colorado for many years, am familiar with the area. I am close to Suzanne’s age and have been in a relationship much like the one she appeared to have with her husband. Luckily I’m out!!
I just identify with her in so many ways that I am deeply interested in helping justice be served in her case. i appreciate the respectfulness and knowledge of this forum.
I currently live in Arkansas and have also been following the Summer Wells case as it’s somewhat close to home.
I’m so thankful for everyone on here trying to help these victims. ❤️

Can someone tell me what the most current thread is on the Summer Wells case? Thanks.

Hi all! I started getting into true crime a few years ago when a friend recommended the Sword and Scale podcast to me. That was the first time I heard about the Luka Magnotta case. So I was pretty surprised when I saw the documentary about it. I was very intrigued by the web sleuth aspect, because this wasn't the first time I had heard about web sleuthing, but this time it had a bigger impact on me.

Anyway I'm looking to get into this because I want to make a meaningful and positive impact on other people's lives if I can. I have spent a lot of time thinking about ways to help other people, but I never quite get around to it. I'm hoping to change that by contributing to this site.

Any advice on where to start would be helpful, in the meantime I am going to check out the site to see where I can help out.

Hello everyone! I have been intrigued with “true crime” for decades. Partially the science but I think mostly the want and need to solve puzzles. My wife told me about WS, as she is probably an even bigger mystery/crime buff.
I have a question for some of the verified professionals. Would it be acceptable etiquette to reach out to some of them privately or would creating a post be the preferred method? Thanks!

Hello everyone! I have been intrigued with “true crime” for decades. Partially the science but I think mostly the want and need to solve puzzles. My wife told me about WS, as she is probably an even bigger mystery/crime buff.
I have a question for some of the verified professionals. Would it be acceptable etiquette to reach out to some of them privately or would creating a post be the preferred method? Thanks!

Are you wishing to reach out to the criminals through posts here?

I am a new member - I've been very interested in true crime for many years. Until this past year, my interest in true crime was limited to reading about it and watching ID and other true crime networks and programs.

In February I released a video about a local unsolved murder cold case from 2005 that I researched. I interviewed some surviving family members, and spoke with detectives in the local police department that has jurisdiction. I was hoping the video would generate some new interest and perhaps even leads in the case, but it remains unsolved.

I am now researching a different local unsolved murder case, also from 2005. I am still in the very early stages. I want to focus on local cold cases, because I can visit and photograph relevant locations, and also because my skills at doing local research, for example, press reports and news coverage, interviewing friends and family members, etc. are better at this point than my rather limited cyber sleuthing abilities, although I am trying to improve those skills of course.

I would appreciate any tips, techniques, links to online data sources, advice, etc. that anyone might be willing to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly