Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello sluethers...

Finally made an account here after hearing so much about the community here on the Long Island Serial Killer documentary on netflix. I love true crime (other than people missing or hurt). Nice to meet everyone, its good to see people working together towards a common goal.

Hi. I'm new here. I'm glad I found this site. I lost a childhood friend almost 2 years ago in my home state of Arizona and they never told me if it was an accident of if someone had murdered him. It was heartbreaking :(. Ever since then I've been fascinated by cold cases and the unidentified. Does anyone know how to change my profile pic?

To put a picture by your name, click on your name in the upper right hand of this page you are viewing. Then go to "your account" settings and to the area of changing your "Avatar" (Avatar = picture) to upload a photo for such.

As always, when you see something small like below, click on it and it enlarges to full screen.

HTH

Hello my name is Mark and I'm from Thornaby near Middlesbrough in the North East of England. I've been listening to true crime podcasts when out with my dog Fred. Serial was the first podcast I listened to and I was hooked from there. I loved the Making a murder series on Netflix. I've also listened to the Down the Hill podcast and this one affected me the most. This is the main reason for me being here. Anyway glad to see there's a lot of like minded people and good to be here. Feel free to say hi and also point me in the direction of any threads from UK you think I need to see. Thanks for ready Mark.
Welcome to Ws Skram44!
Lots of UK threads to dip into here..
United Kingdom Crime Cases - Links to cases on Websleuths *No Discussion* #2

Hey everyone!

I hope this finds you doing well. I'm a 20-year-old girl from Bangalore, India, and am super interested in True Crime. At one point I was pretty sure I wanted to be an investigator but that isn't the career path that I chose. I thought the closest I could get to solving crimes would be through the web sleuth community and so, here I am. I love solving puzzles, hunting for clues, and putting pieces together.
Other than True Crime, a few of my hobbies include songwriting and playing guitar, and singing. I also love film and TV.
Can't wait to meet you all and work towards achieving common goals. I'm new here so if someone could guide me and let me know which case(s) I can get started with researching about and helping with, that would be great.

Thank you,

Hey everyone!

I hope this finds you doing well. I'm a 20-year-old girl from Bangalore, India, and am super interested in True Crime. At one point I was pretty sure I wanted to be an investigator but that isn't the career path that I chose. I thought the closest I could get to solving crimes would be through the web sleuth community and so, here I am. I love solving puzzles, hunting for clues, and putting pieces together.
Other than True Crime, a few of my hobbies include songwriting and playing guitar, and singing. I also love film and TV.
Can't wait to meet you all and work towards achieving common goals. I'm new here so if someone could guide me and let me know which case(s) I can get started with researching about and helping with, that would be great.

Thank you,

Welcome to Websleuths @MildAura!! It’s great to have you join us all the way from India. :)

If you haven’t already, be sure to read “The Rules” at this link, especially the top four items.
The Rules

I just found this new thread listing unsolved and cold cases in India that may interest you.
I’m tagging @Indian Poirot, another new member, who started the thread and @FrostOwl in Scandinavia who listed all the cases, in hopes they will find you here.
India Unsolved & Cold Cases

“The Unidentified” forum is probably one of the most gratifying to work on, helping to return the remains of those who have died without an identity to their families. This is the main place where you can actually make a huge difference and there is so much to learn. The members who put their focus there are very dedicated and will be happy to help you learn the ropes. Scroll down a bit for a list of cases.
The Unidentified

Or, if you just want to explore a lot of different cases, “New Posts” near the top of the page is a good way to do it and see if something catches your eye.
Recent Posts

For any thread you want to follow and not lose track of, tap “Watch thread” in the upper right corner of the thread. It will be added to a list near the top of the page called “Watched Threads.” You’ll have a choice to receive an email for every new post which I find overwhelming, so I just check my list to see if there are any new posts (dark blue font).

Another area, sort of hidden, is “The Jury Room” in an area for members only to discuss topics mostly unrelated to crime.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forums/the-jury-room.25/

There’s even a whole section on TV and movies!
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forums/television-and-movies.443/

I hope all these links will keep you busy exploring, finding cases and meeting new people. Have fun!

Hi,,,new here.
I've heard of websleuths for years but never joined.
I like true crime I like to figure out who done it.
I have a soft spot for missing people particularly.
Happy to be hear and lots of reading to do

Hi Everyone-

I am new to this forum, but wanted to offer my expertise and assistance to anyone who needs help.

I am an Archaeologist (with a PhD) and teach college Anthropology, including genetics and human skeletal analysis. While I am not a forensic anthropologist, I do know several and have quite a bit of knowledge myself, especially when it comes to determining age and biological sex of a skeleton.

Additionally, I have done extensive research on both prehistoric and historic artifacts, and am willing to do research on any materials found with unidentified remains, etc. Aside from that, I have done extensive personal genealogy research and, in general, am good at organizing and sifting through large amounts of data.

If you need help, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Lisa

Hi Everyone-

I am new to this forum, but wanted to offer my expertise and assistance to anyone who needs help.

I am an Archaeologist (with a PhD) and teach college Anthropology, including genetics and human skeletal analysis. While I am not a forensic anthropologist, I do know several and have quite a bit of knowledge myself, especially when it comes to determining age and biological sex of a skeleton.

Additionally, I have done extensive research on both prehistoric and historic artifacts, and am willing to do research on any materials found with unidentified remains, etc. Aside from that, I have done extensive personal genealogy research and, in general, am good at organizing and sifting through large amounts of data.

If you need help, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Lisa
Thanks a bunch! Welcome to Websleuths!!!

Hello All,

Based in the UK, general interest in crime and as most do, I like a mystery, but prefer to solve them :-)

Looking forward to reading (probably UK cases first) and getting to know a few of you.

RenPoly

I want to discuss something related to this forum, i am new here and i want to know the rules of this forum. Can anybody tell me about this?

Welcome @Arethahamilton and @RenPoly and @SparkyHaze and @Johanne and @zooski81 and others! You will find information in these two threads. The rules (aka Terms of Service)

Terms of Service - Terms of Service - Long, Detailed Version

Terms of Service & The Rules

New to the forums. How do you like it here?

@nnaps - It's a great place! Browse around and enjoy.

Last edited:
My name is Aly and I am a PI out of Las Vegas, NV and also an admitted newbie here. Can anyone advise how to update one's profile? I cant find it. o_O THX

Hello, all!

I'm Ally, a Canadian sleuth who's had an interest in true crime for a number of years.

I'm in the final semester of a Bachelor of the Humanities currently. The skills my degree has given me have given me hope that I can make a difference. I also have experience in junior library positions and can effectively research topics that are buried in academic jargon. I don't know if it'll help much, but I look forward to doing what I can.

I can't wait to get to know the group and to help out

Hello, all!

I'm Ally, a Canadian sleuth who's had an interest in true crime for a number of years.

I'm in the final semester of a Bachelor of the Humanities currently. The skills my degree has given me have given me hope that I can make a difference. I also have experience in junior library positions and can effectively research topics that are buried in academic jargon. I don't know if it'll help much, but I look forward to doing what I can.

I can't wait to get to know the group and to help out
Welcome to Ws kitschybooks, delighted to ''meet you''!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState