Members' Theories

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I meant.If it was an accident they would have been devastated,the guilt and the conscience would have eaten them alive,they wouldn't have cared about defending themselves I guess.

Even devastated people can be motivated by self-interest, maddy. They had another child, don't forget. That, and fear gives men wings.

So their behavior tells me it's either they are innocent or they are cold blooded killers and did it on purpose /NO evidence this happened though.

Hmm. The only thing I'll say about that is that these were two people, of two minds. There's a lot of room there.

Jeffrey MacDonald is something different IMO.There is one piece of evidence in that case that makes me be pretty sure HE did it.

Keep in mind that he was only one of many examples I could have used.

And if he did then we're not talking about an accident here but about a sick twisted evil person.

Maybe so. I used him as an example for other reasons.

Even devastated people can be motivated by self-interest, maddy.

Well, duh. You make this irrational leap without batting an eye. Of course they could be self-interested and be devastated at the same time. That is not the point.

Love is a governor on behavior. Love is a motivator. Love is patient and kind. Love is not selfish. Love doesn't destroy, it heals.

They had another child, don't forget. That, and fear gives men wings.

You are saying that the love they had for their son was a motivating factor on the one hand, but dismiss its value on the other.

Love for their daughter caused them unspeakable grief. Love could not lift a flashlight above her head, smash it into her skull and then apply a cord around her neck to stage a spectacular death. Love cannot do that.

Hmm. The only thing I'll say about that is that these were two people, of two minds. There's a lot of room there.

There's alot of room alright.

fear gives men wings.

love casts out fear

Supe,
Just explain the Dissociation, okay? In great detail. Thanks

Well, duh. You make this irrational leap without batting an eye.

It's not an "irrational leap." It's a simple caveat.

Of course they could be self-interested and be devastated at the same time. That is not the point.

Then I have every confidence that madeleine will explain what the point IS.

Love is a governor on behavior. Love is a motivator. Love is patient and kind. Love is not selfish. Love doesn't destroy, it heals.

If it's true, healthy love.

You are saying that the love they had for their son was a motivating factor on the one hand, but dismiss its value on the other.

You're oversimplifying again. I have never dismissed its value. But from a practical standpoint, you can't help the dead. You can help the living.

Love for their daughter caused them unspeakable grief. Love could not lift a flashlight above her head, smash it into her skull and then apply a cord around her neck to stage a spectacular death. Love cannot do that.

I'd like to believe that, Fang. But when love gets twisted, there's nothing worse. You yourself used the example of Stalingrad during the Second World War.

There's alot of room alright.

I already said that.

Supe,
Just explain the Dissociation, okay? In great detail. Thanks

Does this help:

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociation[/ame]

I'd like to see a woman with size and strength/age similar to Patsy's in 1996, attempt to replicate the damage she did to Joni, allegedly. Using something of comparable strength, weight, composition and a flashlight like the one found in the kitchen, let her strike a blow to it. Over and over, let her try until she cracks a crack eight and a half inches long with a punched out portion.

Or turn her loose in a bathroom with the same dimensions and layout as the one in their home where she did the deed, allegedly. Match all the physical conditions as best as possible and record all the results.

It's not an "irrational leap." It's a simple caveat.

Then I have every confidence that madeleine will explain what the point IS.

If it's true, healthy love.

You're oversimplifying again. I have never dismissed its value. But from a practical standpoint, you can't help the dead. You can help the living.

I'd like to believe that, Fang. But when love gets twisted, there's nothing worse. You yourself used the example of Stalingrad during the Second World War.

I already said that.

Does this help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociation

In your own words. Thanks

I'd like to see a woman with size and strength/age similar to Patsy's in 1996, attempt to replicate the damage she did to Joni, allegedly. Using something of comparable strength, weight, composition and a flashlight like the one found in the kitchen, let her strike a blow to it. Over and over, let her try until she cracks a crack eight and a half inches long with a punched out portion.

Or turn her loose in a bathroom with the same dimensions and layout as the one in their home where she did the deed, allegedly. Match all the physical conditions as best as possible and record all the results.

That's not a half-bad idea.

In your own words. Thanks

Is there a point to this?

MF, I have to admit, I got a pretty good laugh out of that!

If I am kind to maddy, it's only because she deserves it. And even if she didn't, she and I go back a while. I won't just turn my back on her.

"Turn her back to the dark side?" You give me far too much credit. Maddy will only come back if she WANTS to come back.

And as for me being lonely, I've never given two hoots about that. I'm not about to start now.

Why would she want to come back to the dark side, now she has seen the light? That's OK, I'm sure maddy can think for herself and if you ask me, she's doing a much better job of that than you are at present.

On December 27, The Rocky Mountain News quoted an Assistant District Attorney as saying, "It was very unusual for a kidnap victim's body to be found at home — it's not adding up." According to Charlie Brennan, the journalist who wrote the story, the police had also indicated to him that they held a strong belief that the parents were responsible. Julie Hayden, a television reporter for Denver's Channel 7, also covered the story on the same day and drew the same conclusion. She later explained that from her first exposure to the case, the police had made it very clear that they were not scouring the area looking for "some mad kidnapper," but instead, concentrating their efforts on John and Patsy Ramsey.

On December 27, The Rocky Mountain News quoted an Assistant District Attorney as saying, "It was very unusual for a kidnap victim's body to be found at home — it's not adding up." According to Charlie Brennan, the journalist who wrote the story, the police had also indicated to him that they held a strong belief that the parents were responsible. Julie Hayden, a television reporter for Denver's Channel 7, also covered the story on the same day and drew the same conclusion. She later explained that from her first exposure to the case, the police had made it very clear that they were not scouring the area looking for "some mad kidnapper," but instead, concentrating their efforts on John and Patsy Ramsey.

That's probably the saddest part of this story. There would have been a very real possibility of solving this killing within the first 48 hours, if only the police had not already decided that they need to look no further than the Rs. It's not ended happily for anyone. Is it still possible to solve the mystery now? I don't really know, but I'm prepared to give it my best shot.

And it steamrolled. And the cops were prepared not to release her body to them for burial. If I found out the cops were going to withhold my daughter's corpse from me, I wouldn't relent until each one of them took up residence behind bars.

And it steamrolled. And the cops were prepared not to release her body to them for burial. If I found out the cops were going to withhold my daughter's corpse from me, I wouldn't relent until each one of them took up residence behind bars.

If the coroner had held her longer, perhaps the question of whether those "abrasions" were made by a stun gun would have been answered. It's too late now. It seems like they were in a real hurry to get JB buried. With so many unanswered questions about suspected sexual assault, stun gun use, and what may have caused the abrasions, etc. it might have helped the investigation.

That's probably the saddest part of this story. There would have been a very real possibility of solving this killing within the first 48 hours, if only the police had not already decided that they need to look no further than the Rs. It's not ended happily for anyone. Is it still possible to solve the mystery now? I don't really know, but I'm prepared to give it my best shot.

Me, too. But I feel it is less and less likely as time goes on.
As far as solving it within that crucial first 48 hours...with the crime scene contaminated and the mistakes made by police in the first hours (moments, actually) that would make it extremely difficult.

WF, I feel exactly the same, very angry for them. Still, as you know there are people on this forum (and probably elsewhere) who believe they were treated 'too kindly'. Some even think they should have both instantly been thrown in jail until one or both of them confessed! Unbelievable!!!

If the coroner had held her longer, perhaps the question of whether those "abrasions" were made by a stun gun would have been answered. It's too late now. It seems like they were in a real hurry to get JB buried. With so many unanswered questions about suspected sexual assault, stun gun use, and what may have caused the abrasions, etc. it might have helped the investigation.

Interesting points but I have some questions/comments. The issue of withholding the corpse wasn't based on anything to do with the coroner, or no?

If the R's had been aware that it may have been more productive for the Coroner to keep the body longer to gather more evidence, I expect they would have been obliging.

The point I was trying to make is the antagonism toward the fuzz that grew and festered seems justified on the R's part.

She died on the Dec. 25/26 and was buried 4 or 5 days later? Seems normal.

Interesting points but I have some questions/comments. The issue of withholding the corpse wasn't based on anything to do with the coroner, or no?

If the R's had been aware that it may have been more productive for the Coroner to keep the body longer to gather more evidence, I expect they would have been obliging.

The point I was trying to make is the antagonism toward the fuzz that grew and festered seems justified on the R's part.

She died on the Dec. 25/26 and was buried 4 or 5 days later? Seems normal.

Seems normal for any other death EXCEPT a murder with possible sexual assault with non-specific injuries (some of which MAY have been caused by a stun gun.
The thing is that the R's did NOT want they body held for further testing. They (and their lawyers and the complicit DA's office) wanted JB to be buries as soon as possible. They did not want her looked at TOO closely.

Seems normal for any other death EXCEPT a murder with possible sexual assault with non-specific injuries (some of which MAY have been caused by a stun gun.
The thing is that the R's did NOT want they body held for further testing. They (and their lawyers and the complicit DA's office) wanted JB to be buries as soon as possible. They did not want her looked at TOO closely.

Funeral 12/31.

Will you cite approximate location where that info is available, ie., not wanting more testing? TY

That's probably the saddest part of this story. There would have been a very real possibility of solving this killing within the first 48 hours, if only the police had not already decided that they need to look no further than the Rs.

Whether or not one agrees with that last part, one thing is sure: back in the day, that was the policeman's mantra: if you don't get them within 48 hours, you probably won't get them. That was back in the days of shoeleather, not just waiting for lab results.

Is it still possible to solve the mystery now? I don't really know, but I'm prepared to give it my best shot.

That's one thing you and I are in 100% agreement on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper