Members' Theories

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't having your closest friends wait with you for a ransom call make it more real. If you've ever lost sight of your child at a store, it makes you feel like someone is squeezing your insides. You find them usually and you don't want a million people watching.

I have considered the possibility that Patsy may have wanted friends there to serve as a buffer between her and John.
How would you respond if you were called in the early morning about a potential kidnapping. I sleep deeply. I might miss it. I would hope you would check your house for your kid.

I've been surprised by how many people believe Patsy wrote the ransom note but don't believe Patsy could have killed JonBenet. The ransom note refers to JonBenet being 'beheaded'.
People don't like to think women especially mothers are violent. Women can be worse than men in some ways.

If you can write a ransom note for your dead you are probably capable of killing them. A two page ransom note with details - come on!

I don't think any neighbors were involved in JonBenet's death but the primary abuser in the Sylvia Likens case was a woman who was supposed to have been acting in the role of a caretaker and who was considered religious.
I didn't mean the neighbor part I meant more how Sylvia was abused by a caretaker. I wonder if Jonbenet was treated more like her than her parents would ever want people to believe. Was the basement where she was punished?

The Ramsey's had an upstairs closet that had a latch on the outside of the door. The latch wasn't high up enough for the kids to not be able to reach it so the purpose of the latch wouldn't have been to keep them out. Some people have speculated that JonBenet might have been punished for wetting the bed by having been locked in that closet.

The Ramsey's had an upstairs closet that had a latch on the outside of the door. The latch wasn't high up enough for the kids to not be able to reach it so the purpose of the latch wouldn't have been to keep them out. Some people have speculated that JonBenet might have been punished for wetting the bed by having been locked in that closet.
It kept someone in. If she hadn't died her life might have appeared picture perfect. Who knows what she would have said as an adult.

JonBenet also had soiling problems.

From Steve Thomas' JonBenet (page 102)

"It is also not unheard of for a child to dirty themselves as a defense against sexual abuse and incest, intentionally making themselves unattractive to the offender."

What I don't understand, is why they just wouldn't have called 911? I just don't get why they would go to the lengths of staging the crime scene, when they could just say she fell down the stairs. I mean they aren't above lying right? Why not say it was an accident? Burke swing around a flashlight and bopped her on the head accidentally? Why go through all the sick torment that JB suffered through?
Think about it. Why wouldn’t they call 911?

I HAVE thought about it, actually overthought it.
If PDI, or JDI. It's mind boggling to me that they could brutally torture their daughter, to save their son, when it would be simple to call 911 and make something up(?). The sexual abuse they could have denied knowing which they did anyway....
moo

They had to come up with a plan to pin the prior sexual abuse on someone else. If they called 911 after the ‘accident,’ there would be no way to do that, no ‘patsy,’ if you will. They thought they could mask the prior abuse with an acute vaginal injury and that the existence of a ransom note that confirmed a kidnapping would divert attention away from them.

They had to come up with a plan to pin the prior sexual abuse on someone else. If they called 911 after the ‘accident,’ there would be no way to do that, no ‘patsy,’ if you will. They thought they could mask the prior abuse with an acute vaginal injury and that the existence of a ransom note that confirmed a kidnapping would divert attention away from them.
That’s why the GJ said they covered up the crime.

Think about it. Why wouldn’t they call 911?
They'd been drinking or doing a mood enhancing substance and were afraid of being tested after an accident where it might seem they weeent watching the kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734