Memorial Thread - COVID-19 Coronavirus

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Gone From My Sight
Henry Van Dyke

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship, at my side,
spreads her white sails to the moving breeze and starts
for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength.
I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speck
of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then, someone at my side says, "There, she is gone."

Gone where?

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast,
hull and spar as she was when she left my side.
And, she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me -- not in her.

And, just at the moment when someone says, "There, she is gone,"
there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices
ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"

And that is dying...

Gone From My Sight
Henry Van Dyke

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship, at my side,
spreads her white sails to the moving breeze and starts
for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength.
I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speck
of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then, someone at my side says, "There, she is gone."

Gone where?

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast,
hull and spar as she was when she left my side.
And, she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me -- not in her.

And, just at the moment when someone says, "There, she is gone,"
there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices
ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"

And that is dying...

Oh, but this is beautiful. Thank you.

E7D9437C-3317-40B8-B4D9-5361A4272286.jpeg 60232F76-2101-4742-861B-BD9CC15B9313.jpeg

Second member of New Jersey family dies after coronavirus diagnosis - and four of the other five are in critical condition from the virus

Second member of New Jersey family dies after coronavirus diagnosis | Daily Mail Online

• Rita Fusco-Jackson, 55, a religious education teacher who had been hospitalized at CentraState Medical Center, was the first to die, on Friday
  • Her brother, Carmine Fusco, a horse trainer, died on Wednesday at Luke's University Hospital-Bethlehem Campus in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
May Rita Fusco-Jackson and Carmine Fusco Rest In Peace

FDNY fire marshal dies of coronavirus complications

Longtime New York City fire marshal John Knox, who investigated hundreds of blazes during his 36 years with the FDNY, died on Long Island Monday from complications from coronavirus.

Knox died at Mount Sinai South Nassau Medical Center in Oceanside, after spending nearly three weeks in the hospital with what first appeared to be the flu. Knox, of Queens, was 83 years old.

Knox, who investigated the 1975 FALN Fraunces Tavern bombing that killed four and injured more than 40, struggled with respiratory problems after working at Ground Zero in the wake of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center.

It was not clear how Knox became exposed to coronavirus.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Rantz: Costco coronavirus death days after 'equity' telecommuting ban

A Costco employee at the Issaquah (Washington state) headquarters has died after testing positive for the coronavirus. This news comes days after Costco initially said they wouldn’t allow head office telecommuting due to issues around “equity and fairness.”

The Costco Travel employee died this past Sunday evening.

When the announcement was initially made, Costco officials downplayed a potential coronavirus connection. When it became clear the employee had contracted the coronavirus, the messaging changed.

Coronavirus: Costco Corporate Employee Dies But Campus Remains Open

This is a heartbreaking story from WA. :(

Mom of 6 who survived breast cancer dies from COVID-19 in Snohomish Co.

The community is now rallying behind her children—ranging from middle school to college— who are now left without any parents.

Family and friends remember Sundee Rutter as a fierce fighter and single mom of six who beat stage four breast cancer. She lost her husband some years ago.

Her life of beating the odds—was ended by Covid-19 at the age of 42.
https://katu.com/news/coronavirus/b...-mom-of-6-latest-snohomish-co-covid-19-victim
Mom of 6 who survived breast cancer dies from COVID-19 in Snohomish Co.

This is the memorial thread for the people who have died from the COVID-19 Coronavirus. Please post your tributes and prayers for all the people who have tragically lost their lives here.

May they all Rest In Peace

View attachment 238627

It just occurred to me, albeit late, that we need a place for people to say hello one last time. Scary, ey.

Second member of New Jersey family dies after coronavirus diagnosis - and four of the other five are in critical condition from the virus

Second member of New Jersey family dies after coronavirus diagnosis | Daily Mail Online

• Rita Fusco-Jackson, 55, a religious education teacher who had been hospitalized at CentraState Medical Center, was the first to die, on Friday

• Her brother, Carmine Fusco, a horse trainer, died on Wednesday at Luke's University Hospital-Bethlehem Campus in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
May Rita Fusco-Jackson and Carmine Fusco Rest In Peace

N.J. family loses 3rd member to coronavirus as devastation continues

The mother of the New Jersey family that has already lost two members to the coronavirus has died after being infected with COVID-19.

Grace Fusco, 73, of Freehold, died Wednesday night at CentraState Medical Center following the deaths of two of her children — Carmine Fusco on Wednesday morning and Rita Fusco-Jackson last week.

QFGJL53SFFD3DK7T32E32GNIPI.png

Members of the congregation of The Church at Liberty Square in Cartersville (Georgia) are in mourning today as one of the choir members, Beth Wells, succumbed to coronavirus Wednesday afternoon.

Another patient died Wednesday afternoon at Emory.

Coronavirus: Rome member of Liberty Square choir, 66, dies; probable fifth victim in Georgia. Today: Floyd, Rome commissions ‘to declare a public health state of emergency.’ Also: 197 ‘positive’ cases in the state, up 35% in a day. Local hospital reports. | Hometown Headlines

Last edited:
Two other people died at Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital in Albany (Georgia).

The patients were a 42-year-old woman and a 69-year-old woman who both had preexisting medical conditons.

“We’ve been able to tie it to two funerals in a funeral home of how it spread,” Steiner said.

3 more patients die of coronavirus in Georgia, bringing death toll to 4

19BD5DC8-9780-4A97-82A1-0AF3E965D835.jpeg

CORONAVIRUS CA MAN DIES AT 34 Recently Visited Disney World In FL

A 34-year-old man has died in California after testing positive of coronavirus just days ago, and 2 weeks after visiting Walt Disney World and Universal Studios in Florida ... TMZ has learned.

Jeffrey Ghazarian died Thursday morning at a Pasadena hospital after spending 5 days hooked up to a ventilator and battling for his life ... according to his family.

34-Year-Old CA Man Dead of Coronavirus, Recently Visited Disney World

May Jeffrey Ghazarian Rest In Peace.

0_Susan-Martin-Geoff-Martin.jpg

May Susan Martin Rest In Peace

Coronavirus: Darts player's heartbreak as he loses wife of 48 years to Covid-19

Susan Martin, from Warrington, Cheshire, "lost her battle against the deadly coronavirus", her devastated husband Geoff, a former semi-professional darts player, announced

Darts player's heartbreak as he loses wife of 48 years to coronavirus

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopE
Back