Memorial Thread - COVID-19 Coronavirus

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Virginia
Traveling musical minister from Gretna who died from COVID-19 remembered as 'a modern-day Apostle Paul'

......66-year-old husband, Landon Spradlin, who had the virus.

Her husband of 35 years died early Wednesday morning, the family said, because of complications from COVID-19 and double pneumonia. He had been on a ventilator for more than a week at Concord, North Carolina, hospital Atrium Health Cabarrus.

Family and friends will remember Landon Spradlin as a kind man, a gifted musician, and “not just a normal minister” who was well-known and loved by many.

“My father was a very big bunch of people-loving, Jesus-loving dynamite in a small package,” said Judah Strickland, one of Spradlin’s five children.

I want to share this post from MY friend, a teacher and colleague. My heart is broken for him. And for all of this.

This makes it very real.

“This morning my best friend, Josh, died from complications of Covid-19 in a hospital in New York City. My heart is broken. You might know that in nearly all things I compulsively look for the lesson, the deeper message, the bigger meaning. But for this, all meaning is absent. All I have is this...

Josh was my best friend. I never told him that, and he had so many friends I don’t know if he would have returned that title to me. And that’s okay. There was more than enough of Josh’s friendship to be shared. Me, on the other hand... the number of people I’ve allowed to get truly close in my lifetime can be counted on one hand. Most of them have dropped off along the way. Until now, Josh remained.

He was a guide for me in ways he didn’t realize. He reminded me how to have fun. He would be the first to roll his eyes and say, “Oh Lord” when I got too full of myself. In one of the darkest periods of my life I sobbed with my head in his lap, and then he took me to the bars, and we spent an entire weekend alternating between those two things. Josh was my best friend and was my family. Josh felt like home. Now Josh is gone.

Josh, I will miss you for the rest of my life.“

RIP Josh Wallwork
:(

Last edited:
Virginia
Traveling musical minister from Gretna who died from COVID-19 remembered as 'a modern-day Apostle Paul'

......66-year-old husband, Landon Spradlin, who had the virus.

Her husband of 35 years died early Wednesday morning, the family said, because of complications from COVID-19 and double pneumonia. He had been on a ventilator for more than a week at Concord, North Carolina, hospital Atrium Health Cabarrus.

Family and friends will remember Landon Spradlin as a kind man, a gifted musician, and “not just a normal minister” who was well-known and loved by many.

“My father was a very big bunch of people-loving, Jesus-loving dynamite in a small package,” said Judah Strickland, one of Spradlin’s five children.

Thank you for posting this, @Simply Southern . This is only about 45 mins away from me, and he was a very special man. Also, in my tiny county (20,ooo+ some seasonal college students) has already had 2 people test positive for COVID-19 and a lady I used to babysit for (her kids are in school now) has a presumptive positive. It's really hitting home, even in our small, rural areas.

Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan is where, just 3 short years ago (long years ago it now seems) my grandson was born. Such a jubilant day...and now this:

'There's only going to be more': NYC nurse dies after contracting coronavirus

An assistant nursing manager at a New York City hospital, who told his family he believed he had contracted the coronavirus after being exposed at work, died Tuesday evening, his sister told NBC News.

The death of Kious Jordan Kelly, 48, was confirmed by Mount Sinai Hospital. It comes amid an escalating crisis in New York in which hospitals are faced with surging numbers of coronavirus patients and shortages of crucial medical equipment and protective gear for staffers.

69AC5D81-5AC0-4737-9FA1-CD7D99339D40.jpeg

May Freddy Rodriguez, Sr Rest In Peace

Denver jazz legend Freddy Rodriguez, Sr., died Wednesday from complications of COVID-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus, son Freddy Rodriguez, Jr., said Thursday.

“He was our king, our sax man,” Rodriguez, Jr., said. “Not just in music, but in life. He was an old-school, dedicated person who treated everybody with respect.”

Denver jazz legend Freddy Rodriguez, Sr., dies from coronavirus complications

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar
Back