Men Who've Murdered Their Wives: A Comprehensive List Compiled by Our Sleuthers

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Im with you pattycakes and debbie. So yes, Scott Petro - allegedly!!

B B BA BA BA BANNED
sorry bout the stutter

im teaching my special needs child, MANNERS

we gotta sound out the words

lol

Last night on "48 hours mystery - hard evidence" I watched this story: Jeff Krotine (husband)--Ramona Krotine (wife / murdered).

I couldn't decide whether he was guilty or not (they were on his 3rd trial - other 2 were hung) but then the evidence that convinced me he was guilty was her shoes. Did anyone watch this?

He was found not guilty and I was shocked... she was originally wearing strappy / dress shoes (went to a party) and the husband said she never came home but they found her dead in the trunk of her car with tennis shoes on (I think they were on the wrong feet - can't recall) and her dress shoes weren't in the car (they didn't say if her dress shoes were at her home).. I was dying for them to say whether or not they found her dress shoes at home. Anyone know where documents on this case can be found? Probably not, huh? Plus it doesn't really matter b/c he was found not guilty (even though the last jury said they thought he was guilty).

Carlos Medina (has been featured on America's Most Wanted)
IDENTIFIED IN OKLAHOMA COUNTY JAIL 06/25/09
http://newsok.com/oklahoma-county-inmate-identified-as-fbi-most-wanted-fugitive/article/3380584
An inmate booked into the Oklahoma County jail Wednesday on an assault complaint was revealed to be one of the FBI's most wanted fugitives after a fingerprint check, officials said.

From FBI poster:
Carlos Medina is wanted for his alleged involvement in the murder of one woman and the attempted murder of a second woman in Cleveland, Ohio. On February 10, 2002, Medina allegedly confronted his estranged wife and one of her relatives outside a bar in Cleveland attempting to convince his estranged wife to move back in with him. Upon exiting the bar, Medina allegedly slashed both women numerous times with a knife, resulting in the death of his estranged wife and the severe wounding of her relative.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/fugitives/vc/murders/medina_c.htm

Kazuyoshi Miura,

''A Japanese businessman accused of conspiring to have his wife murdered 27 years ago in Los Angeles hanged himself in his jail cell, a few hours after he arrived in the United States to face charges, police said Saturday.''

do we have mark unger, killed wife flo in michigan by bouncing her head off a cement dock into a lake...

PS- as far as I can tell, Mark Unger was one of the few who did not have a girlfriend on the side? it generally seems as though if a woman (wife) is murdered, a girlfriend turns up someplace in the picture, even if not direct motive...
and men wonder why they are always first suspect...

I didn't see this update added yet!

48 Hours Mystery: Lies and Whispers
A Woman is Murdered and a Young Man's Life Hangs in the Balance of an Unprecedented Legal Battle

Feb. 20, 2010
<snipped>
For nearly a decade, Attorney Sherman Powell's faith in the innocence of accused murderer Daniel Wade Moore has never wavered. "If I had had any idea that he did this horrible crime, I wouldn't represent him. It's just that simple," Powell told "48 Hours Mystery" correspondent Erin Moriarty. "I've talked to a lot of defendants," Powell continued, "but after sitting there nose-to-nose with him… there was no doubt in my mind that he was telling the truth that he did not do it. He knew nothing whatsoever about it." How does a man get tried three times for the same murder? We’ll explain, but first we need to go back to the afternoon of March 12, 1999.

Doctor David Tipton, a psychiatrist, was married to Karen, who was a 39-year-old housewife. "She was in the prime of her life," Tipton said. "She was prettier than she’d ever been in her life." Tipton, who was also 39, said he came home from work earlier than usual that day to go to the theatre. When he walked from the garage into the house, he noticed the deadbolt on the door was not locked. Tipton went into the foyer to hang up his coat. "I still think Karen’s upstairs. This is a big house," he explained. "I did call for her… She should have been there with the children. At that point saw a drop of blood. One small drop of blood on the foyer, on the tile. The next thing I saw was more blood in the foyer, toward the door. And I walked up the stairs and was the most surprised person on the face of the earth to get to the top and find a dead body there that looked somewhat like Karen." Karen’s nude body was lying at the top of the stairs.

Tipton called 911: My name is David Tipton. I’m at 2330 Chapel Hill Road and my wife has been killed. There’s blood everywhere and I’m really concerned about my children.

Investigators began searching for clues as officers tracked down the Tipton children, who were still at school where they had never been picked up. "In a case where a woman is found in her own home, murdered in the middle of the day, who is usually the first suspect? Who do you look at first?" Moriarty asked Collier. "You’d start, normally, with either the husband or wife," he replied. "Even from the beginning, I realized that I had to be a suspect. Because, I was the first on the scene and the husband. I knew that," said Tipton. Police believed Karen was murdered sometime between 1 p.m. - after a phone call to a friend - and 2:30 p.m., when she usually picked up the kids from school. Dr. Tipton’s office manager told police that he left his office in neighboring Huntsville at 3:30 p.m. "He had an alibi that we were able, at least that same day, to partially substantiate," said Collier.

It was enough for police to allow Dr. Tipton - the natural suspect by his own admission - to go back into his home the night of the murder. "But if they let him back in the house, the crime scene, they didn’t consider him a suspect who might try to destroy any kind of evidence?" Moriarty asked Collier. "Well, I can’t get into their heads, but that’s a reasonable statement," he replied. Collier said Tipton didn’t have any injuries or anything to indicate to officers that he had just been involved in a brutal murder.

Police needed some answers. There was no murder weapon or fingerprints found at the scene. But there was pressure to make an arrest. "High profile. Rich doctor's wife. Beautiful lady. Brutally slain. Don't you think there was a little bit of pressure on the police department? I think there was a lot of pressure on them. They had to have something," said Powell. Three times now, both the Tipton family and Daniel’s Moore's mother have gone through the excruciating wait - anxious for the jury to announce its verdict on all five counts of murder combined with robbery, kidnapping and sexual assault. The jury would have to find Moore not guilty on all five counts.

"And on the first one, we held our breath," Virginia Byrd said. "And on the last one, Daniel looked at me and he just (sigh) and it was over." Not guilty. It was finally over and Daniel Wade Moore walked out of court a free man.
Not everyone thinks Moore is innocent. The ultimate victim, then, remains Karen Tipton, who can never go home, never watch her children grow up, and whose death now seems destined to remain a mystery.

*Don Valeska remains a prosecutor for the Alabama Attorney General’s office. He is chief of the Violent Crimes Division.

Daniel Wade Moore has moved out of Alabama. He is seeking representation to pursue a civil case against the city of Decatur and its police department, claiming he was denied his constitutional rights related to a fair trial.

**Much More At Link! 5~Page Article!!!

*NOTE: Click on the title of video & a new tab will open. I'll look to see of they have added these to their YT channel & edit if they have them downloaded.
Video: Lies and Whispers
In Full: A doctor's wife is murdered and a young man's life hangs in the balance of an unprecedented legal battle. Erin Moriarty reports
Lies and Whispers - 48 Hours - CBS News

Video: Web Extra: Judge Speaks Out
For the first time, Judge Glenn Thompson sits for an in-depth interview about the Karen Tipton murder case and talks about the journey from death row to acquittal for Daniel Wade Moore.
Web Extra: Judge Speaks Out - 48 Hours - CBS News

Video: 3D Crime Scene Tour
Crime scene analyst and defense witness Bob Tressel discusses the Tipton crime scene using a 3D model.
3D Crime Scene Tour - 48 Hours - CBS News

WHNY Coverage of Daniel wade Moores Third trial
http://www.whnt.com/news/whnt-daniel-moore-trial-log,0,

Article:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/02/20/48hours/main6227604.shtml?tag=cbsnewsSidebarAboveMPUArea.0

:angel:

Michael Peterson killed his lovely wife, Kathleen Peterson. I worked on that appeal (on the RIGHT side - of justice!) He also killed a friend of his in Europe. Her body was exhumed during the trial for the death of Kathleen and what was originally deemed an accident was found to have been homicide. VERY interesting case.

This case was made into a movie on Lifetime.

I was concerned when first dealing with the case on appeal - what if it really was an accident. After reviewing the evidence, I am absolutely, positively certain that he did it. The jury agreed.

May Kathleen rest in peace. Her death tore apart a family.

I've got another one (being a former prosecutor makes this an easy question). Rae Carruth, the Carolina Panthers football player, had his pregnant "girlfriend", Cherica Adams, murdered. Carruth was in the vehicle from which the fatal shots were fired. Cherica later died in a hospital but doctors were able to save her unborn son. He was born with disabilities. This was such a sad one.

Is Michael Fletcher on this list? He is the man convicted of killing his pregnant wife Leeann in order to continue love affair with a judge...he set it up to look as though she shot herself by accident , the much-used picking up his gun story...

I've got another one (being a former prosecutor makes this an easy question). Rae Carruth, the Carolina Panthers football player, had his pregnant "girlfriend", Cherica Adams, murdered. Carruth was in the vehicle from which the fatal shots were fired. Cherica later died in a hospital but doctors were able to save her unborn son. He was born with disabilities. This was such a sad one.

I read Carruth's story and I always hoped he was innocent. It seemed he had so much going for him, and I could never understand ( I do now after doing this for so many years) why he had to kill Cherica and try to kill his baby. It is always about money and getting rid of women. Ray had a career in football and he use to give back to his community. He was a young, successful guy. I don't know why he could not have chosen another way out. Was it that big of a deal to pay another ailmony for him? I know he may not have been playing another season due to an injury but he could afford it.

Shouldn't Carruth be up for parole soon?

Prayers for Cherica and baby.

Ray is/was a coward.

Gozgals

Link on Ray and story

http://crime.about.com/od/murder/p/raecarruth.htm

Snip

Rae Carruth was found guilty of conspiracy to commit murder, shooting into an occupied vehicle and using an instrument to destroy an unborn child and was sentenced to 18-24 years in prison.

Snip

I read Carruth's story and I always hoped he was innocent. It seemed he had so much going for him, and I could never understand ( I do now after doing this for so many years) why he had to kill Cherica and try to kill his baby. It is always about money and getting rid of women. Ray had a career in football and he use to give back to his community. He was a young, successful guy. I don't know why he could not have chosen another way out. Was it that big of a deal to pay another ailmony for him? I know he may not have been playing another season due to an injury but he could afford it.

Shouldn't Carruth be up for parole soon?

Prayers for Cherica and baby.

Ray is/was a coward.

Gozgals

Link on Ray and story

http://crime.about.com/od/murder/p/raecarruth.htm

Snip

Rae Carruth was found guilty of conspiracy to commit murder, shooting into an occupied vehicle and using an instrument to destroy an unborn child and was sentenced to 18-24 years in prison.

Snip

According to Wikipedia he has a projected release date of October 22, 2018. Too soon if you ask me.

Somewhere in this thread is listed Ira Einhorn. I just did a quick search so I'm not sure how far back he's listed.

Actually I don't even like mentioning his name if possible. No need to give this piggy man any more attention. However, he contacted a Philadelphia reporter. She went to interview him. This is a link to the original letter the narcisstic creep face sent to her.

Holly Maddux was the victim of this monster. He's notorious in Philadelphia. At one point we had a cardboard face of him people would throw tomatos at. France kept him over there where he spent a bunch of years roaming free, marrying. Ms. Maddux was a beautiful woman. The Chief Of Police in Upper Darby now was at the time the Philadelphia Detective who found Holly's body in nutter's closet. His name is Michael Chitwood who is one heck of a Detective.

RIP Holly. I'm sorry your poor family suffered so. I'm glad this man is languishing in prison.

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/20101014_Einhorn_on_Einhorn___I_am_a_unique_pariah_.html

Nashville, TN.........Troy Vaughn

Troy Vaughn shot and killed Julie Vaughn (29 yrs. old) and then killed himself in front of their 2 year old. Their 6 and 8 year old boys were not present at the time. Troy and Julie were in the process of a divorce. Divorce was to be final a month after the shooting. Julie had a restraining order against Troy.

I was living in the apartment complex where she worked and died. Police and ambulances were there in the parking lot that evening as I was leaving to go to work. It was a somewhat upscale apartment complex and the violent crime rate in Hendersonville was low, and she seemed like such an unlikely murder victim since she was so clean cut, extremely polite, and very soft spoken.

I didn't know about the details you provided and always wondered how and why that could've happened. I can just remember seeing the flyers up at the mailbox kiosk after the murder asking for donations for her three kids and thinking how it was the most senseless tragedy I had ever heard of. It made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Dr. Kennth Taylor killed his wife Teresa Taylor.

Brad Cunnington killed his estranged wife Cheryl Keaton

Allen Van Haute aka know as Alan Blackthorne had his ex wife murdered

One the other hand women kill husbands and family also.

Cindy Cambell had David West murder her parents while they slept and her children sleeping a the foot of their bed.

Joy Aylor had her estranged husbands girlfriend killed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back