Men Who've Murdered Their Wives: A Comprehensive List Compiled by Our Sleuthers

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Richard Sharpe "cross-dressing dermatologist serving life in prison for killing his estranged wife, Karen, whom he shot with a hunting rifle in front of witnesses in 2001 in anger over the prospect of losing $3 million in their impending divorce. Sharpe's case drew national attention when photographs of him wearing slinky dresses and fishnet stockings were widely published after his arrest. He was found hanged in his cell at Masschusetts Correctional Institution in Norfolk, Massachusetts on January 5, 2009."
http://www.lifeinlegacy.com/display.php?weekof=2009-01-10#D10741

Allen Blackthorne -- San Antonio TX millionaire was convicted of a vengeful murder for hire of ex-wife Sheila Bellush. She'd moved to Florida to distance herself from him & his threats.

Sheila was found dead on the floor by her 13 y/o daughter. Her quadruplets were home when the murder occurred & some of the toddlers had her blood on them.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/2000-09-21/news/daddy-deadliest/

Apparently life in the big house was a little hard on ol' Allen. "After his conviction, he was sent first to a federal prison in Beaumont, Texas. He was ambushed there, allegedly by the "Mexican Mafia," and stabbed repeatedly. He eventually recovered from injuries to his eye, kidneys and other organs, and then transferred to another federal prison near Atlanta."

Hans Reiser -- killed estranged wife Nina Reiser & buried her body less than a 1/2 mile from his home. I followed this trial -- He did soooo many hinky things - like a typical sociopath! Hans really thought he was smarter than everyone else & that his lies would be believed. I'm so glad the jury saw straight through this 'duck-billed platypus'.

It still creeps me out that I have to see his name every day (because I work with Linux file systems that he developed).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Reiser

Eddie Davidson -- the "Spam King" escaped from minimum security prison & killed his wife, Amy Lee Ann Hill, & 3 y/o daughter. He also shot a teenaged girl who was in the SUV - in the neck - but she survived. He then offed himself. Coward.

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscent...spam_king_dead_in_apparent_murdersuicide.html

Dr. Visuvalingham Vilvarajah was charged with murder after the April, 1986 slayings of his wife and mother-in-law at their home on Oak Run Cove in Germantown. At the time, he was an anesthesiologist with privileges at St. Francis Hospital.
Vilvarajah pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in 1988, and was sentenced to 20 years. He was paroled in 1993. His license was partially restored in 1993 after his release, and fully restored without restrictions in 2001.
I'm amazed at how little he has been punished. Will definitely have to research this one!

This has just been arrested again.
Vilvarajah and Dr. Mirielle Lalanne, who are in practice together, face three counts of engaging in organized crime, one count of assault and once count of wanton endangerment. They are being held by Nashville authorities waiting extradition to Kentucky.
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/feb/05/doctor-convicted-1980s-germantown-murders-arrested/

Ugh. More on this guy:
When asked if he shot his wife, he replied "Yes sir. Definitely yeah. I was angry. If I had a normal brain, I wouldn't have done it." Vilvarajah says he did it because his wife admitted she used him to gain citizenship in the United States and was going to leave him for another man. He served five years of a 20 year sentenced, then was released. Vilvarajah says what happened in the past doesn't affect his work as a doctor now. "Because I am a talented person...well qualified person. I didn't do any crime related to patients. I didn't molest a patient. I am very nice to patients." says Vilvarajah.
http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache...58+Vilvarajah+murder&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=7&gl=us

How about King Henry VIII of England?? He had 2 of his wives beheaded. His 2nd wife Anne Boleyn was charged and executed for High Treason. Based on trumped up charges of adultery, because he wanted to replace her with yet another wife- Jane Seymour. He didn't kill them with his own hands, but he did order their deaths. In my opinion, this is the same as murder.. Had he not been King, he probably would have killed them himself, but.. he didn't have to. Was easier for him to have them charged with crimes and executed.

It is true that this took place about 470 years ago, but I still find it to be relevant as some men still think it's ok to screw around, but as soon as the shoe is on the other foot.. forget about it! There's still a double standard where adultery is concerned.. Adultery is certainly a form of abuse, psychological abuse. The man might as well turn to his wife and tell her she's not good enough.. pretty enough, etc. It's cruel and unusual punishment...

Scott Petro for killing Corrie Wood leaving behind her little girl. There has been no arrest yet :(

does Drew Peterson count?
We can't count Drew Peterson as he has not yet been charged with any crimes... nor has he been judged in a court of law. Must be they don't have enough evidence against him, otherwise- I would think that he would have been arrested by now, and how many years has it been??

Don't forget.. innocent until proven guilty, folks. That's how the legal system works.

I don't feel that it's fair here to list those men who have not even been charged with anything yet... How would you like it if people you didn't even know were ready to throw you under a bus for a crime when there may not even be any evidence against you?!?!? "Armchair detectives" need to consider the facts in the case and stop pretending they know more than the cops who have access to more information than any of us...

I don't feel that it's fair here to list those men who have not even been charged with anything yet... How would you like it if people you didn't even know were ready to throw you under a bus for a crime when there may not even be any evidence against you?!?!? "Armchair detectives" need to consider the facts in the case and stop pretending they know more than the cops who have access to more information than any of us...

Under normal circumstances I would agree with you. But with all the info that I have on a inside basis and the debacle of the local sheriff in this small town who released the crime scene early - it is apprently obvious who killed Corrie Wood. And it is a a mistep of justice again by letting this vicious felon loose on the streets to wreak havoc on this small Nebraska town. There is PLENTY of evidence! But I will change my quote to ALLEGED killer or Corrie Wood would make another SA to commit murder ;)

I have 0 problem placing Drew Peterson here. If it would make it easier, we can put alleged. :blowkiss:

We can't count Drew Peterson as he has not yet been charged with any crimes... nor has he been judged in a court of law. Must be they don't have enough evidence against him, otherwise- I would think that he would have been arrested by now, and how many years has it been??

Don't forget.. innocent until proven guilty, folks. That's how the legal system works.

This isn't the legal system, Miss Ella. "Innocent until proven guilty" only applies in a court of law. Members of society are free to draw their own conclusions. Look at it this way, if "innocent until proven guilty" were a hard and fast rule for everybody, then it would follow that when people are proven guilty, no one would be allowed to assume or work for their innocence either.

How about King Henry VIII of England?? He had 2 of his wives beheaded. His 2nd wife Anne Boleyn was charged and executed for High Treason. Based on trumped up charges of adultery, because he wanted to replace her with yet another wife- Jane Seymour. He didn't kill them with his own hands, but he did order their deaths. In my opinion, this is the same as murder.. Had he not been King, he probably would have killed them himself, but.. he didn't have to. Was easier for him to have them charged with crimes and executed.

It is true that this took place about 470 years ago, but I still find it to be relevant as some men still think it's ok to screw around, but as soon as the shoe is on the other foot.. forget about it! There's still a double standard where adultery is concerned.. Adultery is certainly a form of abuse, psychological abuse. The man might as well turn to his wife and tell her she's not good enough.. pretty enough, etc. It's cruel and unusual punishment...

I think Henry VIII definitely counts on the list! He's sort of the poster boy for the list.

This isn't the legal system, Miss Ella. "Innocent until proven guilty" only applies in a court of law. Members of society are free to draw their own conclusions. Look at it this way, if "innocent until proven guilty" were a hard and fast rule for everybody, then it would follow that when people are proven guilty, no one would be allowed to assume or work for their innocence either.

Sure, but where's the evidence???
Surely he would be cooling his heals in prison right now if the police had the evidence to charge him... Either he's innocent, or very good at hiding evidence. Did I read somewhere that he's a cop??

Sure, but where's the evidence???
Surely he would be cooling his heals in prison right now if the police had the evidence to charge him... Either he's innocent, or very good at hiding evidence. Did I read somewhere that he's a cop??

There's a whole forum for Drew Peterson here. If you are under the impression that there is no evidence and you vaguely have heard he's a cop, the scales will fall from your eyes!:eek:

BTW, welcome to WS!

Under normal circumstances I would agree with you. But with all the info that I have on a inside basis and the debacle of the local sheriff in this small town who released the crime scene early - it is apprently obvious who killed Corrie Wood. And it is a a mistep of justice again by letting this vicious felon loose on the streets to wreak havoc on this small Nebraska town. There is PLENTY of evidence! But I will change my quote to ALLEGED killer or Corrie Wood would make another SA to commit murder ;)
Who's Corrie Wood?? I was talking about Drew Peterson, who "allegedly" murdered young wife Stacy Peterson... :confused:

Back to the list. Drew Peterson, Brad Cooper & Lewis Joyner (killed both his wife & mistress).

count oj and robert blakely ---alledgedly :eek:

lol
im with you miss patty cake

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members