Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wouldn't everyone consider this an example of cherry picking...

more from The Conti-Vecchiotti Report

This recommendation was entirely disregarded by the Technical Consultant, where she states “So as you correctly say, the height, or rather the indication, to put it better, is, as you rightly point out, not recorded for certain peaks appearing in this electropherogram; it’s obviously true that we can see that they aren’t there, but this is for a simple reason, because since I interpreted this mix, I obviously took it as my responsibility to regard these alleles, so to speak, or these peaks, as insignificant, because from my point of view they’re stutter, they’re artifacts that are absolutely described and measured, quantified both in the literature and in the kit that I use.” (GUP 10-04-08, p. 100-101).

Applying Recommendation No. 6 of the ISFG (that is, where in a mixture the alleles of the minor contributor are of the same height or area as the stutters and thus the alleles and stutters are not distinguishable, the alleles in stutter position that do not support the prosecution theory should be included in the assessment_) to the present case, and taking into account the analogous consideration regarding the possible occurrence of allelic drop-out (ISFG, point no.7), it follows that all the peaks present in the individual DNA markers, as reported in the attached electropherogram, should be considered alleles.(read more at link)
(translated by komponisto)

Actually this is inaccurate as has been cited and pointed out by numerous individuals. The only time their stories changed was the night of the 5/6

Individuals that want Knox to be released from prison can say what they want, but that doesn't change the fact that the pair lied regarding their activites on the night of the murder from their first interview onward. For example, they originally stated that they ate dinner as late as 10 or 11 PM and slept until 10 AM. The dinner time that they gave changed three times before Dr Sollecito's testimony proved that dinner was at about 8:30 PM. Neither Knox nor Sollecito offered the correct, truthful time about dinner.

Why not? They sent 2 patrols of 8 ILE to collect a DVD from the experts without a search warrant..

Should evidence entered into court proceedings be withheld from the prosecution?

NOPE it was not

We'll have to see how the court rules in September, but that decision has not come down yet. No point in getting ahead of ourselves ... is there?

This information has been cited and provided for you many times but one has to read the information and yes it is in English

The contents of an appeal affidavit are not evidence. Everything except three appeal points were rejected by the court, so the remainder of he appeal application is irrelevant.

Should evidence entered into court proceedings be withheld from the prosecution?

That is ridiculous. ILE are the ones that streamed the collection of the bra clasp live and took the other video. They already have it so much for that theory

We'll have to see how the court rules in September, but that decision has not come down yet. No point in getting ahead of ourselves ... is there?

Never know...A decision could be handed down at anytime

The contents of an appeal affidavit are not evidence. Everything except three appeal points were rejected by the court, so the remainder of he appeal application is irrelevant.

Of course it is evidence. Most of it had already been presented in the first trial...

That is ridiculous. ILE are the ones that streamed the collection of the bra clasp live and took the other video. They already have it so much for that theory

So, you think that evidence entered into court by the defense should not be available to the prosecution? Is that how it is in the US?

Letter read by Hellmann

At the opening of the hearing, the President of the Assize Court of Appeal Claudio Pratillo Hellmann, read a letter he sent from the manager draws a central section of forensic crime. In the letter the manager defends the scientific work of defining the expertise of professors Stefano Conti and Carla Vecchiotti "damaging" the image of the police

http://translate.google.com/transla...ttera-dirigente-scientifica_312299830701.html

ETA

"A letter from Piero Angeloni, head of the Italian forensic police service in Rome, was read to the court Saturday defending the work of his department, for which Stefanoni works.

The service had never been subject to criticism before and used state-of-the-art equipment, his letter said.

Stefanoni is expected to question Vecchiotti and Conti on how they reached their conclusions"

http://www.news4jax.com/news/28714145/detail.html

the prosecutors still haven't followed the judges instructions regarding the dna files - your huge fondness for a judicial system, they make a mockery of

after Frank posted his copy of the 'evidence' collection (a long time ago) he had over 6500 comments - it wasn't a secret (prosecutors, they all read over there) ..on youtube too

now, suddenly the prosecution wants a copy? they send (8?) policemen to retrieve a tiny dvd they could have easily downloaded off the internet...

all eyes are on Hellmann

She mourned in that funny way that isn't the same as regular people.

Until you experience the brutal, unexplained murder of your flatmate in a foreign country at the age of 20, then you cannot possibly comment on the 'normal' mourning process in said situation.

If you have experienced this I am very sorry for your loss, but I would imagine you have been blessed enough for this NOT to be a part of your life.

The Judge's Summary documents the lies regarding time of dinner.

I think you already have the link bug let me know if you need it again.

Sollecito is the one that admitted telling police a "load of rubbish".

Knox and Sollecito are two admitted liars, having admitted lying to police throughout a murder investigation. No wonder they were found guilty!

Each made a statement he or she quickly recanted.

When did they "admit lying to police throughout a murder investigation"?

That's a really wild invention, even for this case.

Sollecito has no alibi for the night of the murder. The things he said he did have been proven untrue. He lied to police. He claims he was with Knox, and she claims she was at the cottage. Sollecito wrote, while in jail, that Meredith's DNA got on his knife because he cut her when she was at his apt., which is a very irregular lie. We have his footprint on the bathmat ... and I'm sure there's plenty more.

So, in answer to your question about whether the only evidence used to convict the murderers is the knife and the clasp ... no, I don't believe that.

This is deliberate misstatement of the evidence.

1. Knox does not "claim" she was at the cottage.
2. Sollecito's reference to Meredith isn't "very irregular." It's a to-be-expected response to being told erroneously that MK's blood was found on his kitchen knife. If you misrepresent reality to people, you have to expect their responses won't conform to reality.
3. Nobody has ever testified that the bathmat footprint is Sollecito's. Nor can they. At most they can claim it is consistent with his foot, but even that has turned out to be unlikely.

I'm still trying very hard to believe that your misstatement of the evidence is accidental, but you don't make it easy.

English is a germanic language. German should be easy to learn for a native English language speaker ... and this can be easily googled ... perhaps it is you that is misinformed.

So is Knox completing courses towards a degree like Sollecito, or is she toodling around with Harry Potter books in German?

I beg to differ. As an English speaker who studied German for 7 years it is not that easy. The grammar is extremely contrary to the grammar of English. Spanish and Greek are considered two of the easier languages for English speakers.

Please bare in mind that I have also studied French, Dutch and Japanese and have a BA in Russian so I know my languages.

Speaking of Knox, I'm surprised she hasn't made better use of her time in prison. Sollecito managed to do a degree behind bars - a computer degree without a computer. Any thoughts on why Knox hasn't done anything towards her dreams about getting a degree? I realize that all she wants to do now is get married and have babies, but what happened to those aspirations about writing and being a translator?

It's time to stop telling falsehoods about Amanda Knox.

While she's been in prison, she's become fluent in Italian, proficient in German, and also studied Japanese and one other language (I've forgotten which).

I don't know if she's done any creative writing, but I would doubt it. A short story that doesn't even have her name on it has been used as evidence against her in the press, if not in court. She really isn't in a position to write freely.

I was talking about my dog who died last year. She drowned in her own blood and her lung was pierced. Most awful thing I ever went through. Completely helpless while she suffered. I just didn't know what the problem was because she'd had a chest xray and the idiot doctor said the lungs were clear.

I'm very sorry about your dog, w_m. I know that feeling of helplessness and it is the worst!

What would it even matter if Knox hadn't done much for herself in prison?

That would be entirely her choice and many people who are free make the same choice.

I also find it objectionable to speak about time well spent only in measurable terms... I would imagine prison is a place where people can use their time to come to some very important emotional, spiritual or philosophical conclusions which would serve a person better than a degree.

I guess what I'm saying is this is totally irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966