Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning in court in Perugia:

[video=youtube;Vw1p-fb6Tyo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw1p-fb6Tyo&feature=player_embedded[/video]

DNA experts highlight problems with Knox case

By ALESSANDRA RIZZO
The Associated Press

PERUGIA, Italy — The investigators who collected the genetic evidence used to convict American student Amanda Knox of murder in Italy made a series of glaring errors, including using a dirty glove and not wearing caps, two independent forensic experts said Monday.

The experts had been appointed by an Italian appeals court to review the DNA evidence used in Knox's trial, including some found on a kitchen knife believed to be the murder weapon and some found on the clasp of the victim's bra.

But the independent experts told the appeals court that the collection of evidence fell below international standards and may have resulted in contamination. They used slides to refer to international protocols for the collection and sampling of evidence, including one from the U.S. Department of Justice and others from various U.S. states.

One of the two experts, Stefano Conti, cited several cases of forensic police entering the crime scene or coming into contacts with objects there not wearing protective equipment such as masks or hair caps. He said that while evidence should be wrapped in paper or kept in a paper bags, police often used plastic bags, heightening the risk of contamination.

"There are various circumstances do not adhere to protocols and procedures," the forensic expert told the court.

In footage and framegrabs shown to the court, two police officers collected the bra clasp, and the glove worn by one of the two appeared to be dirty on two fingers. Conti noted the bra clasp was collected 46 days after the Nov. 1, 2007 fatal stabbing of the 21-year-old Kercher.

"Over those 46 days several objects were moved, and in at the same time several people will have come in and out," he noted, again stressing the risk of contamination.

The other expert, Carla Vecchiotti, explained to the court that the genetic profile on the knife's blade that was attributed to Kercher is dubious and cannot be attributed with certainty. She said the original testing did not follow recommendations of the international scientific community for dealing with DNA testing.

Vecchiotti said the review concurred with the original testing in saying that the genetic profile on the knife's black plastic handle could be attributed to Knox. The knife was found at Sollecito's apartment.

The independent experts, both from La Sapienza University in Rome, will be questioned and cross-examined in the next hearing, scheduled for Saturday. That will be the last hearing before the summer break.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/dna-experts-highlight-problems-1043176.html

knox_628043a.jpg

they are so slow in italy. why cant the speed this up!

did u see how excited rs looks in this video? good for him!
Yes, I noticed. :)

I guess Saturday is cross-examination, and then Aug/Sep will be reviewing and coming to the verdict. How I WISH this would just be over. :(

according to this article, they showed the infamous inassailable evidence video in court!:great:

http://www.lettera43.it/cronaca/21785/meredith-perizia-sul-coltello-negativa.htm

Bing translation:

Meredith: the negative knife expertise

There is blood on the weapon. Criticized the scientific work.

(© Ansa) Stefano Conti and Carla Vecchiotti surveyors of the Court of Assizes of appeal during the hearing on July 15, 2011 in Perugia of the process to Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito to the murder of Meredith Kercher.
It was opened on 25 July in Perugia the hearing of the appeal to Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito, convicted in first instance to 26 and 25 years ' imprisonment for the murder of Meredith Kercher.
Exposing the genetic expertise on Meredith's Bra hook and knife, considered at first instance the murder weapon, the two professors of the University of Rome La Sapienza, Carla Vecchiotti and Stefano Conti, argued that the scientific police work, according to the acts that have had to evaluate it, is not trusted.
CONTAMINATION OF EVIDENCE. The hook bra worn by Meredith Kercher was murdered when he was touched with a glove ' dirty ' science police operators according to the experts of the Corte d'Assise d'appello di Perugia. They supported themselves referring to judges the results of their investigations.
The experts showed the footage of evidence collecting. Images scanned frame by frame ' ' claimed the professor Stefano Conti. «There are a number of circumstances, "he added" that does not correspond to protocols and procedures».
In particular, from the movie of evidence collecting has emerged, according to experts, "the sign of a dirty glove that touched on the hook '. The two engineers have said that there was no trace of blood on the knife, in first instance identified as the weapon with which she is killed Meredith Kercher.
FAIL. In particular, the experts on 9 February, after opening the finds, the knife and the BRA hook performed on knife test to see if there was or not the presence of blood on the knife track. The test gave a negative result.
The test for the presence of cells had highlighted the presence of starch on cell attachment of blade to the handle, which according to the experts would be rye starch. The experts are then exposed to survey techniques in place of the crime. Classroom Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito who put much hope in this expertise.

Yea! I'm so glad. Now, just show the gift wrapping of the mop!

Yes, I noticed. :)

I guess Saturday is cross-examination, and then Aug/Sep will be reviewing and coming to the verdict. How I WISH this would just be over. :(

I hope saturday, the judge orders to see more evidence. I just want all the evidence refuted so they feel vindicated.

I sure right now AK and RS cannot believe their eyes and their ears that someone is actually defending them and someone else is actually listening!

Google translate article. Don't know if it was posted:

http://translate.google.com/transla...t/web/sezioni/cronaca/PN_20110725_00071.shtml

I don't know what's up with the tension in the court room, but I smell a lawsuit....somebody's gonna be suing....could it be the dirty gloves? Yes, the dirty gloves plan to sue the experts! LOL

Another Bing translation:

http://www.tmnews.it/web/sezioni/cronaca/PN_20110725_00133.shtml

Meredith/Experts: No tracks on knife nor Dna quantification

Irregularities in the process of refertamento

Perugia, 25 Jul. (TMNews)-the experts appointed by the Court of appeal, heard here today as part of Meredith, reiterated some irregularities in the procedures of refertamento-in order to prevent cross-contamination of materials-even in inspections inside the home of Raffaele Sollecito was found where the alleged murder weapon.

"The officers did not wear protective suits and had already used gloves and dirty" explain the experts. "In addition, according to testimony by Gup, two agents have admitted having touched, repertato and sealed the knife believed to be the murder weapon. An unclear situation because one of the agents explained that the knife was sealed in police headquarters, while another-according to tabulations-on the spot ". The change of gloves was not systematic, but discretion based on experience of car inspections. The experts have analyzed the previous to their expertise-author Dr. Stefanoni-unable to make new Dna analysis on bra hook of the victim and the alleged murder weapon because "there is [no] evidence of the presence of blood".

On the previous report have been found some anomalies: no Dna quantification over objects ("essential for the determination of the trace and its ricoducibilità), no explanation on the decontamination of numerous finds study, equipment not suitable for the analysis of human blood."From our studies, albeit in the absence of certified values, the amount of Dna is below the threshold of analysis provided for by the protocols have standard ": here the experts explained that also have added that at the tip of the knife there is [no] blood of the victim, while the grip there is genetic material (cells) of Amanda Knox. Therefore, the experts do not corroborate the presence of Dna on the key findings that have lead (among other elements acquired by Pm Mignini and Comfy) conviction of Amanda Knox and Sollecito Raffale.

I think this article must be leaving out the negatives in the translation. I put them in with brackets because we ALL know that no blood was found on the knife.

apparently the blood and the hair on the window sill were exhibits R and S in RF's room. I looked at the hair. Looks to straight to be RG's for the life of me, I can't see the blood on spot S.

filomenaroom__12_.jpg

filomenaroom__9__op_608x404.jpg

IIRC it did test positive with TMB. Yes it did come to think of it but subsequent tests said it was not

The experts finally brought up the fact the mattress was moved which of course would be filled with MK's DNA!!!

"Another element of non-compliance with international protocols, according to experts, the move would be no finding of many objects in the scene of the crime among the various inspections carried out by Science. The leading experts such as moving the hook - after finding 46 days - and the same mattress which was covered with Meredith Kercher. Mattress that was moved without any reason in another room of the house"

http://translate.google.com/transla...t/web/sezioni/cronaca/PN_20110725_00071.shtml

More from ABC news

"The experts also told the court that there was no DNA on Kercher's bra clasp that was recovered from the crime scene six weeks after the murder. Prosecutors had argued that the clasp contained Sollecito's DNA, a devastating piece of evidence that placed him at the scene of the grisly killing.

Before concluding their testimony today, the experts recommended that the bra clasp should be excluded from the case."

http://abcnews.go.com/International...tory?id=14151113&rss=rss-wabc-snippet-7091254

Well, I'm off work today because our new offices are not ready. I guess Id better find something to do. I'm so glad they showed that video in court. I do not know how Stephanoni can refute eye witnesses video.

I hope they showed the picture of the person standing in MK's blood, too.

The experts finally brought up the fact the mattress was moved which of course would be filled with MK's DNA!!!

"Another element of non-compliance with international protocols, according to experts, the move would be no finding of many objects in the scene of the crime among the various inspections carried out by Science. The leading experts such as moving the hook - after finding 46 days - and the same mattress which was covered with Meredith Kercher. Mattress that was moved without any reason in another room of the house"

Yea! I knew we were onto something with that. they moved it, yeah, it's full of her skin cells, plus, you can't tell me they didn't step in blood and possibly on the bra clasp while moving it.

No! Bra clasp!

I got a song for RS.

"Get your back up off the wall! Dance, come on! Get your back up off the wall! Get down on it, baby, baby!"

:great:

--kool and the gang.

I'm sure that's how he feels, like maybe he can get his back from against the wall for a second.

You know, I cannot help recalling how adamantly Perugia Murder File insisted, again and again, that the review only would mean "the original findings would be upheld". How wrong they were is now clear:

DNA ON TWO KEY PIECES OF EVIDENCE NO LONGER LINK HER TO THE ATTACK THAT TURNED HER LIFE UPSIDE DOWN.

DNA evidence on the suggested murder weapon and a bra strap was not a positive match with any of the suspects, according to independent DNA experts. Furthermore, the experts suggest that investigators broke numerous protocols when gathering the evidence —
putting it in paper bags instead of plastic, and wiping down evidence as they gathered it, doing the opposite of the protocol the experts described. This is a major victory for Knox, who was jailed on that seemingly-faulty evidence.
http://shortformblog.com/world/amanda-knox-dna-evidence/

DNA Evidence Used To Convict Amanda Knox Rejected On Appeal

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/07/dna-evidence-used-convict-amanda-knox-rejected-appeal

AmandaK92.JPG

EXPERTS REPORT NO BLOOD ON KNIFE IN MEREDITH CASE

(AGI) Perugia - Court experts have reported that there was no blood on the knife described as the weapon used to kill Meredith Kercher or on the clasp of the victim's bra.

Experts Carla Vecchiotti and Stefano Conti, from La Sapienza University in Rome, appointed by the Perugia Appeal Court to carry out new DNA tests for the case involving Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito accused of murdering the British student, confirmed at a hearing today the contents of the report presented on June 29th
http://www.agi.it/english-version/italy/elenco-notizie/201107251654-cro-ren1063-experts_report_no_blood_on_knife_in_meredith_case

Forensic experts in Amanda Knox appeal reject key DNA evidence

AP11072511696_244x183.jpg

(CBS/AP) PERUGIA, Italy - Forensic experts have rejected the reliability of key DNA evidence used to convict Amanda Knox, the American student convicted of killing her British roommate in the Italian city of Perugia.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20082917-504083.html

Italy: Knox experts testify that condemning DNA evidence was contaminated
Perugia, 25 July (AKI) - Amanda Knox returned to court Perugia, Italy on Monday as two DNA experts testified that important evidence that convicted the 24-year-old American student is seriously flawed.
http://www.adnkronos.com/IGN/Aki/English/CultureAndMedia/Italy-Knox-experts-testify-that-condemning-DNA-evidence-was-contaminated_312280456461.html

The three days of DNA hearings, today, 30th July and 1st August, will be followed in September by final arguments. The verdict is now expected around 25th September.

My thing is this. What can Stephanoni possibly say? What?

Because If I could question her, my first question is why in the world were you in there gift-wrapping a mop?

Secondly, why in the world were you even in there? Don't you know you are not supposed to both collect and test evidence?

Why did you let Mignini into the crime scene without protective gear?

mignini8.jpg

And who is this dude chilling on the deck and where are his extra set of footies to get back into the house? And who is the guy standing behind him in the pictures with no gear on with tennis shoes on, standing in the murder hallway?

image.php

Then I want to ask, is this you? cause if it is or if it isn't, what the heck are you or this person doing out on the street in your protective gear?

image.php

Okay, this is Stephanoni. She's not the investigator on the street.
From the look on her face, I hear the Brit. Spears song, "Oops, I did it again!"

image.php

Hope this helps AK because I believe in her innocence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990