Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For what purpose, though? There is nothing to be gained from intervening in this for the United States and its politicians. It's not connected to any international treaty, nor any sort of trade agreement/fiscal policy, or, really, anything. I could see if it was the daughter of a Diplomat or Politician, but there was nothing to be gained for them to stick their neck out here. That's why people like Hillary Clinton declined to get involved.

BBM: Why should the child of a "diplomat" or "politician" get any "special treatment" if there was an incident of an American in another country ?

WHAT is one of the first things an American does if they have a problem, or get into any kind of legal or criminal trouble in another country ?

They contact the U.S. Embassy in that country ... again ... IMO, it's all "politically connected" ...

Hmmm ... maybe Hillary Clinton did decline -- BUT the FACT remains she was approached ... there was a "campaign" to get the "politicos" involved ...

No telling what goes on in the "world of politics" ...

MOO ...

just for clarification i HAVE NOT COMPARED THE CASES just commenting on the bbc saying she was misconstrued, supposed to be lighthearted, dont know why people are upset she s free and i think she was involved ..... im entitled to mo

I think alot of people are just sick of hearing the name C**** *advertiser censored******, that's all. She seems to make her way into every damn thread.

I do know for a fact that Hillary Clinton was approached to intervene at some point...

Clinton met with the WA senator. That's all.

Anyone saying the State Dept. did anything needs to back it up.

Justice at last - anyone who considers cases with rationality can see that the evidence presented in this appeal trashed the previous sloppy forensics.

Anyone who still thinks AK & RS are guilty hasn't looked closely enough at the appeal defence evidence (or they don't want to due to prejudice).

Oh, jeeze, over the last year in this thread we've heard nothing but sarcastic chides of "Why hasn't the US stepped in if she's so innocent? Why did Hillary not do anything? The embassy isn't doing anything so they must agree there's no problem" and now it's "Oh well of course the US government must have pressured them into this".

I am thinking of Meredith and her family foremost tonight, for the horror and terror of what Meredith went through, and the pain and grief her family have suffered since, and will continue to do so

it is always great to see a wrong made right (although I still have some lingering questions about who actually murdered Meredith, and for both defendants they can now go on with there lives, and heal and come to terms with what has happened

the Kercher family will never get her back, and now they have to learn to live with the convictions of 2 of the murderers who they believed to be guilty

There is no comparison to the murder of Meredith Kercher and Caylee Anthony? Amanda nor Raffaele committed murder. They were acquitted because there was no evidence they were at the crime scene. Casey Anthony did commit murder. The system clearly failed. See.. there is a difference. If Amanda is going to be dragged through the mud, why is Raffaele not dragged as well?

Justice at last - anyone who considers cases with rationality can see that the evidence presented in this appeal trashed the previous sloppy forensics.

Anyone who still thinks AK & RS are guilty hasn't looked closely enough at the appeal defence evidence (or they don't want to due to prejudice).

Not just what the defense put forth, but what the court appointed INDEPENDENT review brought out. That is really what started to change my opinion. It wasn't the usual smoke and mirrors comes from the defense, it was independent by the court.

andreavogt Andrea Vogt
NBC news producers are reporting big cheers being heard at Capanne prison where #amandaknox is preparing to walk out a free woman.

the Italian court system has been a revelation, it was only the weakest evidence that they had to challenge,

very different to most other legal systems

Interesting news today. I hope this helps everyone, both close to the case and those just following it, to find some closure. That may be more of a wish than a hope, but in any case...

I do think it's offensive to imply, or straight out state, that people whose opinion differ means they are refusing to see facts due to prejudice. Everyone's opinion should be respected.

Whew, I'm just glad to see some resolution. I'm still not sure I agree with the verdict, but I doubt either AK or RS would be likely to re-offend, if they actually are guilty, and I feel comfortable enough with the verdict simply b/c of the issues with the evidence (ie: storing bra clasp in liquid).

Hope I made sense...trying to type quickly on a break at work:)

Where this post lands is random.

We can look at the outcome of this appeal through any of a number of lenses, of which the following are only a few:

- Cultural expectations of young women in Italy vs. USA vs. UK
- Police procedures in Italy/USA/UK
- Criminal trial proceedings in Italy vs. USA vs. UK
- Race as factor in Italy/USA/UK
- Influence of Caylee Anthony trial & verdict on media & media consumers' expectations, esp. in USA but also elsewhere

...and many many more lenses.

And we all come to the table wearing our own very personal set of glasses, as it were, through which we view this and every case we discuss.

WS posters are free and encouraged to debate different viewpoints, and to disagree (even passionately). But what sets us aside is that we agree as a community to do this respectfully. To keep the conversation impersonal & focused on ideas rather than on one another, perhaps especially at times when we feel most personally passionate about a topic. To support our points with facts and links; to avoid sweeping generalizations, assumptions, or stereotypes about players and about one another.

WS posters have proved time and again that a very diverse group of people can indeed agree to disagree respectfully.

Please keep these thoughts in mind as we discuss today's events in Meredith's case.

:tyou:

I am thinking of Meredith and her family foremost tonight, for the horror and terror of what Meredith went through, and the pain and grief her family have suffered since, and will continue to do so

it is always great to see a wrong made right (although I still have some lingering questions about who actually murdered Meredith, and for both defendants they can now go on with there lives, and heal and come to terms with what has happened

the Kercher family will never get her back, and now they have to learn to live with the convictions of 2 of the murderers who they believed to be guilty

While I disagree that 2 murderers have been set free, I think they were not there. I do think about the Kercher family though. What keeps going thru my mind is what exactly have they been told. They supposedly don't speak the language, so everything has to be translated, how can anyone be sure they haven't been told only the biased lies that the prosecutor and civil lawyers have been spewing and nothing more. Have they been given accurate translations of the C-V report and accurate information on what lack of evidence there was outside of the questionable forensics? Seriously, just what have they been told?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip