Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say I blame him.

I will say that I have thought quite seriously about moving to Italy. The people are wonderful and the food is amazing...but i can understand why RS would want to get out of there.

I am happy today for the families of RS and AK...but oh so sad for MK's family. I really don't see there are any winners in this case...two young people have been imprisoned, fortunes spent on attny's and MK is gone forever...RG..rot in pieces.

They shut down their feed some minutes after the verdict. Nothing else to see really.

Your thoughts and opinion.

Respectfully, many, myself included, wanted to see this young women leave prison as she enters her new, free, innocent life.

imo

For those who are committed to the guilt of the two who were acquitted today, I am curious as to possible motive as that, besides a lack of any credible forensic evidence, was what really changed my opinion.

I did not know that Knox only met Sollecito on October 25. Meredith was murdered on Nov. 1st. Why would two people who had dated for one week, who had no psychiatric or criminal histories, decide to brutally rape and murder the other's roommate after being together only seven days? I mean how does that conversation occur? "Hey, glad I met you. This is fun. Having problems with my roommate, want to help me kill her?" And then they proceed to brutalize her horribly?

And how does Guede get into the act. I mean, there is no evidence I am aware of, that Guede knew Sollecito or Knox. So how does that happen? And let's say he was selling pot to Knox, how does that turn into a conspiracy to commit murder or a sudden satanic sex orgy with Knox and Sollecito?

I think the main prosecution theory was that Knox was a sexual sadist into sex orgies (although there was no evidence of that), who got high with Guede and Sollecito and that the pot whipped them into a frenzy which caused them to murder Meredith when she refused to join them in their crazy sex orgy. But pot makes you just want to sit on the couch and jell. Many Italians tended to view Knox as guilty because she smoked pot and was sexually active. Surely, Americans are not as rigid moralistically as to think those things are connected to murder.

It just all sounds so ridiculous to me. None of it makes sense. I guess I'd like to hear some logical reasoning as to the possible motive of three unrelated people who had either just met or didn't know each other at all, in the joint rape and murder of an innocent woman.

I snagged this from a posting on another site but found it pretty concrete on why this judge/jury aquitted AK and RS. It's the translation of part of what the Judge read to the court during the verdict reading and bolded by me.

"Both the defendants for (charges) A, B, C, D (the charges related to the murder, the staging and the theft) are acquitted, because they did not commit the crimes"

There was very simply, very easily, nothing putting them at the crime scene during the murder.

actually evelyn im not new to facts of this case i just havent dicussed them on here
Me either, I left for a long time because it's been such a pro-Amanda board. Gee <modsnip> won after all!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

A sobbing and stumbling Knox was hustled from the courtroom by police officers as members of her family embraced and wept. Sollecito hugged his lead counsel, Giulia Bongiorno. Across the courtroom, the prosecutor, Giuliano Mignini, stood alone while Stephanie Kercher, the victim's sister, consoled her mother, Arline.

Outside, several hundred mainly young people had been gathering since late afternoon. As news of the verdict swept through the crowd, whistles erupted and then a chant went up of "Vergogna. Vergogna" &#8211; "Disgrace. Disgrace.
As defence lawyers emerged from the courthouse, they were greeted with roars of disapproval from the mob, interspersed with the odd cheer."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oct/03/amanda-knox-raffaele-sollecito-cleared-murder?intcmp=239

The rightful murderer is in jail! Rudy Guede visciously murdered MK. The victim has not been forgotten and will never be forgotten.

Now MK can rest in peace with the innocent freed and the guilty in prision!

Thank you!!! Unfortunately, he only got 16 years, but yes... the murderer is in jail!!

Yea! Salem edited our title! finally:

NOT GUILTY!!!!!!

MY OPINION ...

I sure would like to know HOW MUCH PRESSURE was put on Italy by the State Department and U.S. Politics in Washington, DC !

And such a sad day for Meredith Kercher and Meredith's Family !

MOO !
We the people probably paid for this, just like the hikers in Iran! It makes me sick, I believe she had a hand in the murder and as for the hikers what kinda dumb *advertiser censored** goes hiking in a country we are at war with! We American's get mad when other country's ***** about our courts and laws.........but if an american kills someone in another country we are right in there *****ing! Wow

A sobbing and stumbling Knox was hustled from the courtroom by police officers as members of her family embraced and wept. Sollecito hugged his lead counsel, Giulia Bongiorno. Across the courtroom, the prosecutor, Giuliano Mignini, stood alone while Stephanie Kercher, the victim's sister, consoled her mother, Arline.

Outside, several hundred mainly young people had been gathering since late afternoon. As news of the verdict swept through the crowd, whistles erupted and then a chant went up of "Vergogna. Vergogna" – "Disgrace. Disgrace.
As defence lawyers emerged from the courthouse, they were greeted with roars of disapproval from the mob, interspersed with the odd cheer."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oct/03/amanda-knox-raffaele-sollecito-cleared-murder?intcmp=239

Wow. That's the opposite of what I actually saw and heard. I saw and heard people jeering at Mignini as he emerged and the cheer the defense. There were a few boos for them but mostly cheers.

Have RS and AK remained friends ?

The romantic in me wishes they'd go on and take that weekend trip they'd planned so many years ago, but.....I don't think that's gonna happen.

I love the way we can agree to disagree and respect others' decisions here on WS... :peace:

In that spirit, it would be really great not to see "how can you..." and "ridiculous", etc. I don't see how someone innocent can laugh, dance, and show no emotion for almost four years if truly innocent. But that's my prerogative to think that - just as others have the right to totally believe in her innocence.

I'd like to hang out on here awhile and discuss the aftermath of the case in an attack-free environment. :)

I think If Donald Trump was supporting Amanda that much he could send his plan to bring her home. ;) just saying

Just curious. Can Donald Trump's plane make a non stop transatlantic flight. Can't land in the middle of the ocean for refueling.

Wow. That's the opposite of what I actually saw and heard. I saw and heard people jeering at Mignini as he emerged and the cheer the defense. There were a few boos for them but mostly cheers.

Sorry, Gitana, I neglected to get the last sentence copied when I first posted that.

Congrats to Amanda and Raffaele and their families. My prayers are they all heal from this experience. I have been silent on this thread, but after reading 3 books and following the evidence regarding this case, I agree that the jury came to a correct verdict this time.

The romantic in me wishes they'd go on and take that weekend trip they'd planned so many years ago, but.....I don't think that's gonna happen.

I feel the same way! When I heard how sweetly he spoke of her this morning, it made me wonder if they could ever have a chance. I guess I'm a hopeless romantic!!

Vergogna, Vergogna, if that was in fact chanted...more than likely was for Mignini. He does afterall have a disgracefull track record...

While I am very, very happy that AK & RS have been freed, I can't help hurting even more so for the Kerchers at this time. They are now stuck in a catch 22 that will never allow them to find true peace. They must now choose to either keep believing in the prosecutors etc and thus feel that their daughter was cheated out of justice, or they must accept the ruling as a true one, and thus deal with the guilt of having cheered a grave injustice being perpetrated in their loved one's name. I can tell you, it is a horror that nobody should ever have to deal with, and my heart goes out to them.

On a totally different track of thought, isn't it kind of dumb for them to tell the media AK's travel plans? Given the extreme rancor expressed against her in some circles, I really hope some nutter doesn't take advantage and do something violent upon her return home...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc