Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations, Amanda and Raffaele!:great::great::great:

BOOOO!!!!! Just like for Caylee Anthony, justice was NOT served for Meredith Kercher- the true victim today!!! Another murderess is acquitted!:behindbar:behindbar:behindbar

And your evidence for this is what?

Folks might want to remember they were acquitted not because there wasn't enough evidence or because the evidence collection was bad they were acquitted because they did not commit the crime.

My thoughts and prayers are with Meredith's family and all those who love and miss her. They must be so confused and heartbroken and were not served well by the Italian police or judicial system.

I do think however that Amanda and Rafaele were truly innocent of this crime and I am grateful that the tragedy was not compounded by their convictions being upheld. I hope Amanda and her family realize that as horrible as the last 4 years have been, they are blessed to have one another. I was sad that their family statement did not mention Meredith or her family in any way.

c1main.knox.exit.pool.jpg

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/10/03/amanda-knox-murder-appeal/

Congratulations, Amanda and Raffaele!:great::great::great:

I agree. IMHO Rudy G committed this crime IMHO not A or R. I'm happy for both of them and IMHO feel they have the right person behind bars.

MOO, and MOO, and MOO! :)

Mel

amanda and raffelle are free!

:great::woohoo::rollercoaster::takeabow::yourock::party::bananalama:

I doubt the State Dept. had any influence on the jury.

MOO ... I would NEVER "rule out" POLITICS in a case like this.

"Politics" is "everywhere" and in "everything".

I would NOT be surprised if the US State Department officials had a "little chat" with Italy ...

ALL MY OPINION ONLY ...

Reports are that our government has refused to get involved. And in cases where they do, like the Michael McCarty/ Liam McCarty kidnapping case in Italy, they have had zero luck. After fours years and a mother deemed unfit by Italian courts, a dad given full custody by the same courts, Mr. McCarty still only has visitation and cannot take his son home, for example. And the government has been involved in his case, exerting pressure. Believe me, they are not cowed by or influenced by such attempts at pressure in what they consider a domestic case.

I know you believe them to be guilty and thus they cannot be found to be not guilty without corruption being involved, but to me it looks like much was considered in the appeal and that the first trial was sham. I didn't feel that way at first, after the first trial, but did after researching a bit. As a lawyer, certain things jumped right out at me upon review, as very wrong, there.

But, even if Knox really was involved, don't you think it's possible that the appeals court there simply feels differently, based on what was presented? Rightly or wrongly? I mean, maybe they just see it differently and if wrong, are not wrong due to influence or corruption but instead because that's the way they see it? You can see there is dissent here among intelligent people so it surely is not as clear cut as the prosecution claimed.

she is arriving momentarily at the prison

ETA she arrived but not in a paddy wagon. Cheers erupted from the prison.

Regarding the passport, she could have gotten it before she turned 16. From the State Dept website:

Q:How long is a passport valid and when should I renew my passport?
a:If you were over age 16 when your passport was issued, your passport is valid for 10 years.

If you were age 15 or younger when your passport was issued, your passport is valid for 5 years.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/faq/faq_1741.html

However, she was 20 when the murder took place, right? So it would be close to expiring. I would be surprised if she didn't get a new one before leaving for Italy. JMHO

I doubt the State Dept. had any influence on the jury.

The "politicos" from the US State Department would contact the "Heads of State" in Italy ... and from there, the "politics" "trickles down" to the Judges, etc. in the Italian System ...

Good Grief ... they even got Donald Trump :sick: on board with the "Free Amanda campaign" ...

I feel for Meredith and her Family ... they did NOT deserve this !

MOO

I'm not a promiscuous vamp. I'm not violent ... I have not killed, I have not raped, I was not there, I was not present," the American told a packed courtroom in Perugia.

"I want to go home, I want to go back to my life, I do not want to be punished and to have my life taken away from me for something I have not done, because I am innocent."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44752948/ns/world_news-europe/?GT1=43001

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member