Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox Conviction Overturned #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my point. In court, Knox said that she just wanted to go home. Dr Sollecito has recognized the importance of taking his son home to familiar surroundings and experiences. The Knox family first propped Knox in front of the media and then whisked her off to their "secet" location. I think that Sollecito will recover better and faster under the care of Dr Sollecito, who is providing a familiar home environment to his son rather than keeping him away from home.
Well, Sollecito's fame, for whatever reason, is not so great as Amanda's. So there is less of a mob swarming him - it was reported that only a few went to his home, while a huge crowd showed up for Amanda.

Well, Sollecito's fame, for whatever reason, is not so great as Amanda's. So there is less of a mob swarming him - it was reported that only a few went to his home, while a huge crowd showed up for Amanda.

That's true. Knox not only accused an innocent man of rape and murder, but she was identified as the ringleader - which certainly placed more responsibility on her for the murder.

That's true. Knox not only accused an innocent man of rape and murder, but she was identified as the ringleader - which certainly placed more responsibility on her for the murder.
No, I think it was because she is a young, pretty, American female. :innocent: And the reasons you state, would hardly be cause for the media to shout as they did at the airport, "Welcome home, Amanda!":furious:

No, I think it was because she is a young, pretty, American female. :innocent: And the reasons you state, would hardly be cause for the media to shout as they did at the airport, "Welcome home, Amanda!":furious:

So justice for "young, pretty, American female" is different than for everyone else?

The shouts outside the courtroom were anything but supportive. After the first verdict, there were cheers throughout the streets, after the appeal verdict, there were shouts of "shame" with applause for the Kercher family. A handful of supporters at the airport doesn't mean much in the big picture.

So justice for "young, pretty, American female" is different than for everyone else?

The shouts outside the courtroom were anything but supportive. After the first verdict, there were cheers throughout the streets, after the appeal verdict, there were shouts of "shame" with applause for the Kercher family. A handful of supporters at the airport doesn't mean much in the big picture.
Nothing to do with justice, Otto - it 's called media hype. And those were off-duty Polizia in Perugia, who shouted and booed. In the U.S. - which is her home - Knox has a lot of support. And that was no "handful" at the airport. She has tons of support. :seeya:

Nothing to do with justice, Otto - it 's called media hype. And those were off-duty Polizia in Perugia, who shouted and booed. In the U.S. - which is her home - Knox has a lot of support. And that was no "handful" at the airport. She has tons of support. :seeya:

The crowds that filled the street at the reading of the appeal verdict were off duty police? They must have come from all over Europe to fill the streets! Is that spin or fact ... and if fact, surely there is a link?

The crowds that filled the street at the reading of the appeal verdict were off duty police? They must have come from all over Europe to fill the streets! Is that spin or fact ... and if fact, surely there is a link?
JREF:snooty:

I'd like to see how the Marriott PR machine could manipulate the verdict in the Michelle Young murder. I doubt it would take much to convince the public and the media that he is being framed by the police.

Marriott PR machine? Huh? :headscratch:

Once again the attempt to correlate any of these U.S. husband/wife murder cases to the Kercher Italy case is a futile exercise with no validity.

The public is easily manipulated by the media--that is not really earth shattering news to anyone who stays informed. With attention spans down to 140 characters or less combined with an increasing inability to critically examine and separate facts from rumors and beliefs, most people only know what they're told to believe. And if it's something wild, fantastical, and salacious, all the better. It's fires the neurons in their brains like nothing else. Once a belief takes hold it's not something easy to change because it's not basic on logic.

Marriot PR machine? Huh?

Once again the attempt to correlate any of these U.S. husband/wife murder cases to the Kercher Italy case is a futile exercise.

The public is easily manipulated by the media--that is not really earth shattering news to anyone who stays informed. With attention spans down to 140 characters or less combined with an increasing inability to critically examine and separate facts from rumors and beliefs, most people only know what they're told to believe. And if it's something wild, fantastical, and salacious, all the better. It's fires the neurons in their brains like nothing else. Once a belief takes hold it's not something easy to change because it's not basic on logic.

It seems you are unaware of the fact that the Knox/Mellas family spent upwards of a million dollars on a PR campaign. They hired the PR company in November 2007, as soon as Knox's status was changed from witness to suspect, and that company controlled and managed the information that was available through the US media for the last four years. The influence was not restricted to the media, but also infiltrated discussion forums across the internet.

Judge Hellman: "If you are not familiar in detail with all the files, and in this case there was great amount, you cannot express an opinion."

http://qn.quotidiano.net/cronaca/2011/10/05/594591-rimarra_giallo_insoluto_solo_guede.shtml

I think that Dr Sollecito certainly has the right idea about how to help his son. Sollecito is at home; not on some getaway with his family, he was not propped in front of TV cameras immediately after arriving home, he is protected from intrusion by the gated community, his father says that he is having it calm and he is readjusting to life. He is not being treated like some celebrity with offers from *advertiser censored* companies, or entertaining ways to profit from the murder of Meredith Kercher.

The difference is he's not as cute. Nobody is beating down his door anyway.

The fact of crime and the media and the public is that stories with pretty, white girls sell.

Nancy Grace weighs in, finally:

"Nancy Grace, HLN host and ... told Access Hollywood that she was “very disturbed, because I think it is a huge miscarriage of justice,” when asked about the release of Amanda Knox.

Grace said, “I believe that while Amanda Knox did not wield the knife herself, I think that she was there, with her boyfriend, and that he did the deed, and that she egged him on. That’s what I think happened.

[People] want to believe [that Amanda Knox is innocent] and I don’t blame them,” she explained. “I’d like to believe it too, I just happen to know the facts.”

http://www.thirdage.com/news/nancy-...x-release-a-miscarriage-of-justice_10-07-2011

"If Grace's crisp verdict on the matter sounds familiar, that's because her reaction to another massive case starring another young woman was even more fierce. Grace famously didn't hold back when it came to her opinions on the trial of Casey Anthony, who was acquitted of murdering her young daughter, Caylee. Said Grace at the time: "The devil is dancing tonight."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20534097,00.html

Nancy Grace is about ratings not facts of a case. End of story

It seems you are unaware of the fact that the Knox/Mellas family spent upwards of a million dollars on a PR campaign. They hired the PR company in November 2007, as soon as Knox's status was changed from witness to suspect, and that company controlled and managed the information that was available through the US media for the last four years. The influence was not restricted to the media, but also infiltrated discussion forums across the internet.

Judge Hellman: "If you are not familiar in detail with all the files, and in this case there was great amount, you cannot express an opinion."

http://qn.quotidiano.net/cronaca/2011/10/05/594591-rimarra_giallo_insoluto_solo_guede.shtml

The PR firm was hired in 2008 to help the parents of AK handle the media requests. There is no PR campaign, never was, except in the minds of a few

The truth of the matter is they spend over 1 million dollars on her defense not on a PR campaign. This again is a fallacy that grew wings and misrepresents the facts

That's a forum. Could I post here that the streets were filled with Russian clowns and then it could be linked as fact?

I sincerely would never equate the JREF forum to clowns. They are very informed individuals with respect to this case and deserve more than name calling

Brad most likely murdered his wife in her home, same as Meredith Kercher's murder. There was no blood in Nancy's home, no forensic evidence indicating that there had been a murder. In Meredith's home, there were bloody footprints and DNA connecting all three suspects to the murder.

Regarding credible evidence, it has been discussed for the last four years. To step in after fours years and make a blanket statement that there was no evidence surprises me. The debates on this forum have covered all of the evidence against Knox and Sollecito. IMO, there is ample evidence, but each piece of evidence has been argued in isolation to attempt to discredit it.

One simply cannot compare these 2 cases. The dynamics alone are not even close

That's a forum. Could I post here that the streets were filled with Russian clowns and then it could be linked as fact?
Well, I trust them implicitly. You do not need to. But why should there be shouts of "shame" and booing, if Hellman says there is not enough evidence to convict? I thought this was a universal standard of jurisprudence? Or can you convict, even though evidence is not sufficient? Please clarify??:waitasec:

I think that Dr Sollecito certainly has the right idea about how to help his son. Sollecito is at home; not on some getaway with his family, he was not propped in front of TV cameras immediately after arriving home, he is protected from intrusion by the gated community, his father says that he is having it calm and he is readjusting to life. He is not being treated like some celebrity with offers from *advertiser censored* companies, or entertaining ways to profit from the murder of Meredith Kercher.

RAFFAELE SOLLECITO A BISCEGLIE, ECCO LE DICHIARAZIONI DEL PADRE - YouTube

I believe both sets of parents are doing what they feel are best for both AK and RS. They both must take time for themselves to adjust.

As well do you have cite that AK is on some kind of "getaway"?

Well, I trust them implicitly. You do not need to. But why should there be shouts of "shame" and booing, if Hellman says there is not enough evidence to convict? I thought this was a universal standard of jurisprudence? Or can you convict, even though evidence is not sufficient? Please clarify??:waitasec:

Obviously, there is disagreement about the evidence. Hellman isn't God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654