Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox Conviction Overturned #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And from that piece Rose, that you so kindly furnished:

Masonic theory that put Knox in the dock
The Meredith Kercher prosecutor says she was the victim of a ritual crime. But has he been duped by a blogger?

By Peter Popham.

Mr Mignini decided only a few days after Meredith died that the murder was the culmination of an orgy in which Amanda, Raffaele and one other person were involved. And in court on 19 October he explained in more detail what he meant.

The murder, Il Tempo newspaper reported him telling the court, “was premeditated and was in addition a ‘rite’ celebrated on the occasion of the night of Hallowe’en. A sexual and sacrificial rite ... In the intention of the organisers, the rite should have occurred 24 hours earlier” – on Hallowe’en itself – “but on account of a dinner at the house of horrors, organised by Meredith and Amanda’s Italian flatmates, it was postponed for one day. The presumed assassins contented themselves with the evening of 1 November to perform their do-it-yourself rite, when for some hours it would again be the night of All Saints.”

Mr Mignini saw the scene so clearly in his mind that he was able to describe it to the judge in detail: Meredith on her knees before the wardrobe, Rudy holding her immobile, Raffaele grasping one arm, Amanda in front of her, pricking her throat teasingly with the knife – until the blade in her hand struck home. “To prove it,” he told the judge triumphantly, “the only thing missing was a video camera in the room.”
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/masonic-theory-that-put-knox-in-the-dock-981759.html

My first impression of Rep 140 posted above was of a drip going down almost a foot in length. However, the more I look at it, the streak may just be an artifact of the wood. The color of the wood presents some difficulty in making the determination on this. Attaching a blowup.

Attachments

• Rep 140 blown up.jpg
    Rep 140 blown up.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 18
Wow, thanks for that. And for pointing out Burleigh's section on his and Italian suspicion of Masonic sects. I know the Portugese had pointed out similar in the McCann case.

Ugh, Mason conspiracy theories. I feel like I've fallen into a Nicholas Cage movie...a badly written one at that...

The smile that says I'm free: Amanda Knox takes a stroll with a friend as she enjoys her first days of freedom

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...friend-enjoys-days-freedom.html#ixzz1agS8hoY7

Smiling and relaxed she looked a far cry from from her pale and anxious court appearance where her conviction for the murder of British student Meredith Kercher was dramatically overturned.
The 24-year-old appeared to be making attempts to get on with her new life and put her four-year jail ordeal behind he.
A US source told The Sun: 'It's great to see her out and about smiling again.

article-2048758-0E5A7ECB00000578-829_306x730.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/13/article-2048758-0E5A7ECB00000578-829_306x730.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nd-enjoys-days-freedom.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I really cannot believe Quennell cites Wendy Murphy of all people - a known fanatic whom he admits is controversial - to bolster the idea that the evidence, notwithstanding Hellman's authoritative ruling, still points to Knox.

Murphy is all afoul re the facts of the case, and her advocacy is fanaticism which does far more harm than good. Nancy Grace, another hypocrite and fanatic, is his other source. I guess we have entered the era where lust to lynch the guilty trumps the facts. Not good commentary on our era at all.

Another Prominent US Legal Commentator On The Evidence Points That Simply Won’t Go Away
http://www.truejustice.org/ee/index..._commentator_on_the_evidence_points_that_sim/

Wendy Murphy's advocacy for junk science
http://www.cyberussr.com/hcunn/witch/murp-junksci.html

I really cannot believe Quennell cites Wendy Murphy of all people -

Given how sick of a person Peter Quennell clearly is, why would this surprise you?

Oh ok, so he lied on the stand testifying against 2 innocent people while his own appeals are exhausted. Why would he even do that? And then when they are acquitted, he seems upset and says 'why am I the only one left in jail?', but actually he is acting and means 'I am really scared now since I lied on the stand for fun'? Something like that?

http://www.umbria24.it/rudy-amanda-knox/62085.html
Google translate

Just throwing my two cents in about this quote. It was confirmed that Amanda was not allowed to do any interviews from prison and only once she was free would she be allowed to. I would think the same goes for Rudy, in which case this is either a fake quote (as we have learned certainly exist in this case), or it's second hand from his lawyer. And we know we can't trust second hand quotes from Rudy - think the letter written by him which he himself couldn't even read.

Ladies, looking for a beauty tip? Take note, prison has been very good to AK.

Just sayin' :crazy:
I think being released has been good to her.:innocent: And she is very young, and slim, with a good figure, and natural beauty. 4 years was not going to destroy that good genetic material she got from her German father.

Seems like when they refer to someone as an "Angel" face there must be a reason that infers the opposite. Inferred would then be "Devil" behavior.

There is no way, no how I can trust anything Mignini does or says. He lost whatever credibility he started with. Now he is the convicted Mignini. Monster of Florence, indeed!

My impression of the "Angel Face" moniker has more to do with the "she's so pretty and angelic looking she could have never even harmed a fly" than a comparison. Whatever you infer from it is your own inference, but doesn't mean that is what was meant to be implied.

Ladies, looking for a beauty tip? Take note, prison has been very good to AK.

Just sayin' :crazy:

:puke:

I think assuming an "Angel Face" DID commit the murder is just as shallow as assuming that an angel face could not have.

In any case, Judge Hellman ruled that the evidence does not support a conviction, and that the defendants did not commit the staging, attack, murder, or clean-up.

As I am assuming she was wrongfully convicted and rightfully acquitted, I am very happy to see her smiling, and out and about in Seattle.

I recently received an email from Amnesty International criticizing Iran for imprisoning people for insulting members of the government...and the first thing that popped into my head was "wait a minute, they do that in Italy too!" Same goes for insulting religious figures. I guess it just comes to show that it's all about who your allies are, or aren't.

Sorry if this seems off-topicish, but the above issues with Italian Law have come up in this case before, and so this struck me as appropriate to post here.

Yeah, I wish you guys would cool it with the fashion plates.

I was reading a translated Italian article about how the perception of Amanda in the US is of a "chaste" something something. One of the things that really bugs me is the recurrence of the chastity issue.

Amanda clearly wasn't chaste. Does that make her a murderer? It feels like there is still a conservative bent out in some of these magazines that equates sex with murder.

Yeah, I wish you guys would cool it with the fashion plates.

I was reading a translated Italian article about how the perception of Amanda in the US is of a "chaste" something something. One of the things that really bugs me is the recurrence of the chastity issue.

Amanda clearly wasn't chaste. Does that make her a murderer? It feels like there is still a conservative bent out in some of these magazines that equates sex with murder.
Agree with this, but do not understand your first sentence.

Excerpt from OpEd piece: Sherwin at The Philadelphia Enquirer:

Knox's digitally enhanced conviction

By Richard K. Sherwin
An Italian appeals court overturned Amanda Knox's murder conviction and ordered her immediate release from prison earlier this month. In 2009, Knox and her former boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito, were found guilty of the 2007 sexual assault and fatal stabbing of Knox's housemate, Meredith Kercher. Knox was sentenced to 26 years in prison and served four before being released.

The acquittal was based largely on serious questions about the DNA testing that allegedly linked Knox to the murder weapon. Less discussed than the suspect DNA evidence, however, is whether a graphic digital animation also contributed to Knox's conviction.

<modsnip>

In Italy, the acquittal triggered a wave of self-recrimination. Outside the courthouse, groups of onlookers shouted "Vergogna!": "Shame!" Vittorio Zucconi, writing in La Repubblica, adopted a less accusatorial tone: "In the end, it was ... a clash of cultures more than a legal case. The same girl whom prosecutors depicted as a she-devil starved for sex and orgies was, in inverse proportion, perceived in American public opinion as a chaste diva who fell into a hornets' nest of inept, evil men."

But this assumes that law and culture are separate. They aren't. Effective lawyers mine the popular imagination for stock characters and scripts to frame their stories. And, increasingly, their advocacy begins well before the courtroom opens, through leaks, interviews, social networking, and websites aimed at the public.

<modsnip>

This helps explain why Knox's family hired a public-relations firm soon after her arrest. As the appeal approached, strenuous efforts were made to rehabilitate her character. In place of the she-devil, we got the familiar tale of an American innocent abroad, caught up in a Kafkaesque nightmare.
http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion/131835123.html

Miss Knox, who went into hiding upon her return to her hometown, has yet to be signed up by any of the US networks clamouring for the first interview since her release.
The front-runners are thought to be the veteran ABC broadcasters Diane Sawyer and Elizabeth Vargas.

The Knox family has hired a leading Seattle PR firm, Gogerty Marriott, to handle bids which are expected to be as much as $10 million (£6.5 million) for her first TV interview since she was cleared of murdering Meredith Kercher.

Before she makes up her mind, Miss Knox wants to spend time at home with her family, savouring such simple pleasures as sleeping in her own bed.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-after-Meredith-Kercher-murder-acquittal.html

From Nina Burleigh's
"The Fatal Gift of Beauty: The Trials of Amanda Knox";
p. 12:
Random House, c. 2011, True Crime:

The face, placed next to the depraved crime, is one element that makes the story intriguing. . . She was "angel-faced" or "fresh-faced", the eerily smiling soap and water girl who went mad one night....The story came to resemble a fairytale of what happens to good girls and to bad girls.

I think assuming an "Angel Face" DID commit the murder is just as shallow as assuming that an angel face could not have.

In any case, Judge Hellman ruled that the evidence does not support a conviction, and that the defendants did not commit the staging, attack, murder, or clean-up.

As I am assuming she was wrongfully convicted and rightfully acquitted, I am very happy to see her smiling, and out and about in Seattle.

I agree that assuming anyone committed any crime simply because of their level of attractiveness is not an intelligent nor fair or reliable view.

I'm sure you weren't implying that I ever assumed AK was a murderer b/c of her supposed "angel face."

In any case, I didn't mention anything about people indicating AK was a murderer because she was "pretty." However, numerous people, online and in person (ie: my friends and co-workers) have stated that they don't think AK could murder anyone because she is too pretty. And I do find that sad and shallow.
:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member