Meter Reader

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I've been wondering about all along is how many "Calls for Service" did OCSO receive from the end of July to December 11th re: trash bags on the side of the road? The only reason we are picking apart the MR and his story is that this is the one that ended up being Caylee. How many others called in 2 or 3 times about the same bag that ended up being 2 or 3 bags of trash. Hindsight is definitely 20/20. Had MR not come back in Dec and actually picked up the bag, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now. We would all still be theorizing where Caylee might be. Whether is was a stroke of dumb luck, the hand of God or maybe just a persistant WS'er like ourselves the bottom line is that he was the one to find it. There are probably people all over the Orlando area that have similar stories except for one profound fact, the bags that they found had garbage in them. His hesitency to get involved is apparent in the 2nd call when he obviously wants to stay annonymous but knows it would be impossible if indeed was the body of little Caylee in that bag. His hesitation is now well founded since everyone and their brother is trying to throw him under the AnthonyBus.

My message to him is "Ya did good, Roy!" Thanks for being so persistant, little Caylee deserved it.

Searcher 101 tells you NOT to touch anything which could be evidence in a case. After the 3rd attempt at trying to get someone to check out this area and what he deemed as "suspicious"...he obviously felt the need to investigate further. Bravo. He found Caylee.

So if you shouldn't touch anythin that could be evidence, then how was the officer able to determine the bag was NOI?

One thing I've been wondering about all along is how many "Calls for Service" did OCSO receive from the end of July to December 11th re: trash bags on the side of the road? The only reason we are picking apart the MR and his story is that this is the one that ended up being Caylee. How many others called in 2 or 3 times about the same bag that ended up being 2 or 3 bags of trash. Hindsight is definitely 20/20. Had MR not come back in Dec and actually picked up the bag, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now. We would all still be theorizing where Caylee might be. Whether is was a stroke of dumb luck, the hand of God or maybe just a persistant WS'er like ourselves the bottom line is that he was the one to find it. There are probably people all over the Orlando area that have similar stories except for one profound fact, the bags that they found had garbage in them. His hesitency to get involved is apparent in the 2nd call when he obviously wants to stay annonymous but knows it would be impossible if indeed was the body of little Caylee in that bag. His hesitation is now well founded since everyone and their brother is trying to throw him under the AnthonyBus.

My message to him is "Ya did good, Roy!" Thanks for being so persistant, little Caylee deserved it.

Phew! thank you thank you! I was starting to go into a tizzy there for a minute before you spelled out what I wanted to say. I feel horrible that this man is being thrown under he A-bus. UNTIL proven otherwise...we are sleuthers right??.... he is a hero for being diligent in finding Caylee. Perhaps he is a WS'er? Perhaps his sister is the one who showed him her map with the big red "circles of possibilities" and showed him where she could possibly be? Aside from sheer speculation... what has this man done to deserve being called a participant of her death in any way? FOCUS on Casey. Pure cold heartedness. She BAGGED her little baby up.
Then threw her into the dumping grounds.
Until I hear RK was flanking KC and hiding her childs bones for a lower electric bill, he is a hero in my book.

Ok...here goes. Just a disclaimer, this is info from Orange Co PSAP (911 call center) and I'm sure that their CAD is set up for their Policies and Protocols so my interpretation of it may not be 100% accurate.

One of the first things I noticed was the "Disposition of Call" was "NR" = "No Report"

The call was assigned to Unit 120 who has a badge number of 4783

Name and phone number of the caller are blacked out for release to the media.

ID of the call taker was 4438, the ID# of the person who dispatched the call to the car was 3250

TEXT:CALLER ADV HE FOUND A LARGE BAG IN "THE SWAMP AREA"BEHIND SCHOOL, REFUSED
TOGET CLOSER TO INVESTIGATE, NOI, NEG T56. ALSO GAVE CALLER TIP LINE AS WELL.

The above is kind of self explanitory, there is part of it that is blacked out. I'd be willing to bet that it's also the part that was edited out on the tape.
Don't know what "NOI" means to them, maybe "Nothing of Interest", "Neg T56" may mean "Negative 10-56" which can mean caller is not on scene.

Car was dispatched and car went enroute at 21:11:15
Officer was Elizabeth Collins, badge#4783

Car arrived on scene: 21:22:47

DIfferent dispatcher did a status check at 21:27:20. (ID#3250 To make sure the Officer is OK (standard procedure, 5 min status check)

Car called complete and cleared the scene at 21:29:39 with the following comment.

120 NR, (Car 120 No Report Generated) CANT ACCESS WOODS AT THIS TIME..TOLD COMPL(AINTANT) TO CALL BACK WHEN HE IS ABLE
TO,SHOW DEPUTIES WHERE IT IS..ALSO ADVISED TO CALL TIPLINE

Bolded black added by me. Hope this helps

If he found it on the job why was he there at 9pm?

With bones scattered over an acre, how was that bag a bag anymore? I would imagine that bag would have been shredded to pieces. And in a heavy brush area, how did he see the bag at all back in august....he must have been in that brush back in Aug and if so...why? I also agree with your assessement of his calls....he mentions 'what if a dead body is there', the Anthony's route, etc. It appears to me, after 3 calls and mention of the case, he had very very strong belief that the bag he saw was relevant...how could he have been so sure this was relevant and how the hell was he able to find the exact same bag 4 months later...again....chances of this are very very slim.
His story and the circumstances of the find just do not sit well with me..and haven't since the news broke the story. He's either a very good psychic or something's wrong with his story. JMO

I have my questions about this too and I don't understand the whole "MR is a hero" without at least some investigation. All we have is LE saying they don't think he's involved very shortly after the find. The defense is going to jump all over that. They couldn't possibly have known he wasn't involved by then.

So if you shouldn't touch anythin that could be evidence, then how was the officer able to determine the bag was NOI?

He may have been able to establish that it was filled with trash just by seeing the slight transparency that white trash bags have. When I empty my garbage I can see the vegetable cans and pizza boxes etc. through the bag.

The idea is to not touch anything as much as you can. If the officer needs to look into the bag he might have to use his hands to open a duct taped bag but once he discovers bones inside he shouldn't touch anything else and lead all non-essential people away from the site.

Phew! thank you thank you! I was starting to go into a tizzy there for a minute before you spelled out what I wanted to say. I feel horrible that this man is being thrown under he A-bus. UNTIL proven otherwise...we are sleuthers right??.... he is a hero for being diligent in finding Caylee. Perhaps he is a WS'er? Perhaps his sister is the one who showed him her map with the big red "circles of possibilities" and showed him where she could possibly be? Aside from sheer speculation... what has this man done to deserve being called a participant of her death in any way? FOCUS on Casey. Pure cold heartedness. She BAGGED her little baby up.
Then threw her into the dumping grounds.
Until I hear RK was flanking KC and hiding her childs bones for a lower electric bill, he is a hero in my book.

This man needs to be vetted up down and inside out. If he's not it gives the defense a lot to work with. Vetting him thoroughly keeps the defense from trying to paint him as the killer.

It's sad for him but it has to happen.

I would like to hear the details from the MR himself but it is all very strange. The whole case is giving me a headache. I cant imagine how the OCSO detectives feel!

One thing I am not concerned about is the SA's case against Casey. I believe it is solid and the missing piece they were waiting on was Caylee. Now that they have the body and also evidence which ties back to the A fam's home...I am not worried at all.

If he found it on the job why was he there at 9pm?

He wasn't there at 9:00 pm. It is clear that he is not on the scene since the responding deputy advised him to call back when he could meet the dep at the scene. Which he did the next night on the 13th.

He probably called from home when he got home from work.

Thank you thank you, for speaking up for the meter reader. If LE has cleared the man of suspicion, that is good enough for me. It Is true that when you are searching for a body you are instructed not to touch anything !! If you thought there was a murdered child inside a bag, would you realllllly open it? I would do just as this man did, and make a call.

How many people have experience with rattlesnakes? They can coil and strike TWICE their body length. Think about this. A 4 foot snake could easily strike 4-8 feet. I am not sure about snakes in Florida, as I live in Colo... but in this area snakes shed in late summer and are mostly blind- they will strike at anything. Even stepping on a dead snakes fangs could inject venom into your system. I am not making excuses for whatever was or wasn't checked out that day, I just think that some common sense was used in that situation, especially if the area was reportedly checked by cadaver dogs.

Rk was persistant, but that doesnt mean he is guilty of anything. Being exmilitary he would have had training in being observant. MAYBE in Aug he smelled something - made the calls.. but it wasnt the right bag that was checked? We dont know. Others in the area we complaining of an odor. Maybe he was thinking about missing Caylee as he walked his route and paid extra attention to this area that was so close, and also a dumping ground. I cannot believe he would report a child in a dump if he were in any way
involved in it. He would have kept his mouth shut or talked in A-code like the rest of them.

Everyone needs to focus on what we do know in this case. Caylee lost her life-Her mother did not report her missing- or seem to care or help find her- and in fact lied about nearly everything she said-casey knew she was "close"- she panicked when the body was found, but did not panic over the JB Park discovery.- HER car smelled like death-SHE borrowed the shovel- She partied. No one else, just her, Casey. LE is not on trial, nor is the meter reader.

I am rather disgusted by the medias reporting lately, its easy to get caught up in it.. but when we do we lose sight of Caylee and what she went through. She definitely deserved a better life, and she deserves justice now. Shame on anyone trying to cover up a crime like this.

This man needs to be vetted up down and inside out. If he's not it gives the defense a lot to work with. Vetting him thoroughly keeps the defense from trying to paint him as the killer.

It's sad for him but it has to happen.

I agree this man must be vetted, thoroughly, as would any human involved in this case. I am positive LE knows every single thing about this man from his 10th birthday on.
Until this man has his fingerprints on the duct tape, KC's trunk and by trunk I mean car for now, and his hair is entangled in Caylee's death bag, it feels sacriligious to denounce him as nothing other than a hero for his determination in finding her remains.

I do appreciate and respect all opinions, but there are no new facts presented to dismiss or counterclaim this mans actions at this time.

A couple of things bother me about this meter-reader - he reads the school's (I think?) meter on 8/11 then makes the first call. Why would he call again the next day? What reason would he have to go back to check the area if he had already done his job (read the meter) and reported his suspicions to the proper authorities - unless it was to check on the suspicious "bag" personally. Why would he even care? How would he know that nothing was found unless he went back to check? I mean, if he didn't KNOW it was Caylee, wouldn't he simply assume that the police checked, found it to be trash or whatnot and that is why nothing was on the news? Why go back, check and call for the next 2 days unless he was SURE that it was "something" the police NEEDED to see? This doesn't make sense to me.

Wouldn't it be interesting if turns out he knows someone in the Anthony family? Maybe Casey or Lee? Especially since I remember Casey saying something about she felt that Caylee would come home around her birthday...and Caylee's birthday is 8/9 and the meter-reader calls 2 days later? I just find it all tooooo "coincidental" somehow, but I'm not quite sure what to make of it!

A couple of things bother me about this meter-reader - he reads the school's (I think?) meter on 8/11 then makes the first call. Why would he call again the next day? What reason would he have to go back to check the area if he had already done his job (read the meter) and reported his suspicions to the proper authorities - unless it was to check on the suspicious "bag" personally. Why would he even care? How would he know that nothing was found unless he went back to check? I mean, if he didn't KNOW it was Caylee, wouldn't he simply assume that the police checked, found it to be trash or whatnot and that is why nothing was on the news? Why go back, check and call for the next 2 days unless he was SURE that it was "something" the police NEEDED to see? This doesn't make sense to me.

Wouldn't it be interesting if turns out he knows someone in the Anthony family? Maybe Casey or Lee? Especially since I remember Casey saying something about she felt that Caylee would come home around her birthday...and Caylee's birthday is 8/9 and the meter-reader calls 2 days later? I just find it all tooooo "coincidental" somehow, but I'm not quite sure what to make of it!

You should read post 618. I feel the exact same way as you do. Something is wrong here.

...Until I hear RK was flanking KC and hiding her childs bones for a lower electric bill, he is a hero in my book.
Cracking up!!! Doubt she'd care about the electric bill, but a trip to Target ...HECK YEAH!!!!

Seriously though, I don't think it's wrong for us to be hesitant to trust this guy. This is WS and that's what we do here. Sleuth. The circumstances seem so incredibly odd that it's peaking our curiosity to dig deeper.

In the first call he says he saw 'something white' that he 'doesnt want to say is Caylee' and that's all I heard of a description.

It sounds like he's trying to sound unfamiliar with the area. When asked for the street info he says "Sub??, Sub??" hoping the dispatcher will finish his sentence but she is totally clueless. He says with uncertainty that the A's live on "um, Goodhope?" Everybody in America knows the A's address by now. He was familiar enough with the case to know he read their meter, but he didn't know what street it's on???? In a day to day situation he may only rely on his GPS but this is a national case. No doubt, he knew what street the A's live on.

He makes it a point to say in each call 'WE found a dead 4 ft eastern diamondback rattlesnake'. He was more descriptive of the dead snake then of the bag. And did he and a coworker go in the woods together to relieve themselves? He only says HE saw whatever it was. Or was when he speaking of a previous trip to that area with someone else when he saw the snake?

He mentioned seeing a fallen tree with a white board across it and something white and round under the tree. What about that sounds like it might be human remains?? He said you can tell someone's run a mower over the area but the weeds are still high. (Someone mowed the swamp?)

Has anyone seen crime scene pics that show a fallen tree?

He thinks he can't be traced by calling the sheriff's dept-non emergency? It's the frickin police dept!! I think he called LE because he wanted immediate action and felt calling the tipline wasn't going to get him an immediate response.

He tells the dispatcher on the 13th that he called in the tip the other day and says "I dunno if that's what yall were looking for yesterday..." so was LE looking in that area on the 12th? Was it on the news? Was he reading meters in that area all 3 days and saw LE looking there??

So many questions. But I did hear on NG that clothes were in the bag so no matter how RK came across the remains, KC is GOING DOWN!!!

You should read post 618. I feel the exact same way as you do. Something is wrong here.

It's just too quirky...he tries repeatedly to get the police out there and then 4 months later, to the day, he finds the skull. If the "bag" was THAT suspicious, then why didn't any other meter readers (or any one else for that matter) find it as equally suspicious in the 4 months lapse between Aug. and Dec.? It's like he knew WHICH bag to pay attention to...in 4 months time, I would suspect the area would have changed due to the nature of "swampy" overgrown areas, including the amount of trash, debris, etc. due to weather and useage.

I think it's silly to say he definitely wasn't involved and silly to say he definitely was. I think questioning his story is not a bad thing and in fact it's what LE should be doing.

I wonder if RK overheard a conversation coming from inside the A's home while he was reading their meter that led him to look in that area.

What I dont get is if he called and reported seeing a bag and the officer showed up and said that the area is to wet to enter. (Then What)!!
The meter reader was there in the spot to see the bag. So why didnt the officer go look??
Plus, what made him so suspicious about the black trash bag that he called the cops 3 times. I know when I'm riding down the road and see a bag of trash on the side of the road. I think oh, well. Someones trash fell off the truck. We see old tires thrown in the woods everyday. But we dont call the cops 3 times in 3 months.
The Cop thing really bugs me when the Meter Reader first called.
Thats like saying my house is burning down , let me call the fire Dept. Then the Fire Dept shows up and tells me that they will be back when the House is burned to the ground to wash away the ashes..

His first call was to report "something suspicious". He knows he is in the Caylee area from all of the media coverage, but even he tells the operator that he doesn't want to send LE on a goose chase or waste tax payer $$. He just thinks it should be "checked out". IMO he probably talked about the call...if not at home then perhaps to his coworkers the next day...kind of like we do here. Friends/family probably told him...just as we would...that due to proximity and suspicion...he should follow up. Which he did on the 12th. But, since he was not on scene when he called, he WAS TOLD to call back when he could meet an officer...WHICH HE DID the following day. I don't find that behavior odd at all. He is probably like each sleuther on this site, the 'curiosity killed the cat' kind of guy. When all of this time passed with Caylee still missing and the "swamp dried up", would you , or I, or anyone else here not go back for a look-see???

His first call was to report "something suspicious". He knows he is in the Caylee area from all of the media coverage, but even he tells the operator that he doesn't want to send LE on a goose chase or waste tax payer $$. He just thinks it should be "checked out". IMO he probably talked about the call...if not at home then perhaps to his coworkers the next day...kind of like we do here. Friends/family probably told him...just as we would...that due to proximity and suspicion...he should follow up. Which he did on the 12th. But, since he was not on scene when he called, he WAS TOLD to call back when he could meet an officer...WHICH HE DID the following day. I don't find that behavior odd at all. He is probably like each sleuther on this site, the 'curiosity killed the cat' kind of guy. When all of this time passed with Caylee still missing and the "swamp dried up", would you , or I, or anyone else here not go back for a look-see???

It's not uncommon that when you lose somebody close to you that your sixth sense is heightened. It's natural to look for a sign from your departed loved one that they are in a better place but still keeping an eye on you.

In my opinion, the MR, who had just lost his wife a year before, was experiencing that. He was probably hyper aware of his gut feelings and decided to report something that he found suspicious.

I think his gut feeling about that property never left him and when he had another opportunity to check things out he found what he believed was there all along.

Most people don't talk about these feelings because there are so many naysayers. I don't consider myself psychic or supernatural, but I do believe strongly in my gut instinct. It's not always correct, but if a feeling hangs on long enough I might take action, if possible, to see if I am right. And I don't always share these feelings because I'm afraid people will think I'm crazy.

Again, I don't think he wanted his name or face involved- he just wanted to report his suspicions. When that didn't pan out- because if it had, it would have been in the news- and his feelings about that place didn't change, he took a closer look.

Once the body was found, he didn't jump out in front of the press. Instead he tried to keep a very low profile. It was only after his coworkers were harassed and his employer and attorney advised him to speak out that he did. He is not trying to benefit from this- he is not on talk shows or other interviews. He was very clear in that he wanted to be left alone and will speak out when he's ready.

I really hate that so much suspicion is being heaped upon this man- the person who is responsible for Caylee being found. His name and face are out there. If there were anything untoward in his history it would have been in the press by December 20. Not one person in his life has stepped forward to say anything negative about him. Nobody who knows him has expressed suspicion or an unsavory history.

I agree. It is insane the way this case drags each and every person that glances at it down to the devils belly. I have a hard time watching the media work on this one. I want the information, but I don't like the way they play. They refuse to have a good guy. Everyone is guilty unless they can prove otherwise...and then they'll just find you guilty of something else!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay