Metro Detroit ME (Dr. Werner Spitz) Will Testify At Casey Trial

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Let's not forget also....

Who was it that talked to Casey that 6/16/2008 afternoon... Tony? Jesse? One of the men. Who heard Caylee in the background. Right around 3pm. George had to be at work at 3pm. This conversation occurred after George left for work.

Caylee was still alive during that conversation about 3pm.

Casey called Cindy that 6/16/2008 afternoon around 4pm to ask her to babysit. She wanted to drop Caylee off at Cindy's work. Something that Casey had done on multiple occasions for the last hour or so of Cindy's workday. Casey had no reason to expect her mother to refuse that day.

What if Cindy had said yes? Was Casey going to drop off a body??

Caylee was still alive when she made that call about 4pm.

I know Cindy mentioned the 4pm phone call in testimony, I don't recall if the 3pm call was mentioned in court. But hopefully the point of that day's schedule will be made more strongly... to debunk the defense's fantasy.
I hope the prosecution emphasizes this more. George was at work, Casey was calling around for a babysitter. Caylee had to have been alive at that time.

The State will handle Dr. Spitz. He has been all over HLN his theory has already been leaked, and LKB won't be there to help him recall tomorrow while he is under oath.

That's right, grandmaj. LKB will not be there to help him and neither will her esteemed husband, Dr. Baden, whom I think she gets trememdous input from.

I think Baez hopes the jury will be so impressed with his past work and his credentials that they will just take his every word as gospel. That will not happen, IMO.

MOO.

You need to link this information up or it will be removed. Perhaps you could link the transcript of the show? You can't tell other posters to go to some station and watch some show and whatever. If you are going to state this as info that came out in the main stream media, YOU need to link it up.

Thanks!

Salem

Aired June 8, 2011 - 21:00 ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1106/08/ddhln.01.html

This does not include the brief comment about children that was on the show. That can only be seen by watching the full video, which I have looked for but have not found yet.

:twocents: Please, please....let him be on the stand when I can watch!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

:innocent: Hopefully the SA cross will be done gently as he does have unique pathology experience but just from that clip, not a complete grip on the facets & facts of this particular case. :innocent:

PS: I am NOT old enough to remember the ":waitasec: duct tape :waitasec: as fly catchers" in the barber shops BUT I do remember barbershop poles...WAY back in the day!:seeya:
BBM I agree. IMO he has unique scientific experience that he is practicing known as SWAG.... Scientific Wild A$$ Guessing (and the defense is all over it) :great:. JMO

:twocents: Please, please....let him be on the stand when I can watch!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

:innocent: Hopefully the SA cross will be done gently as he does have unique pathology experience but just from that clip, not a complete grip on the facets & facts of this particular case. :innocent:

PS: I am NOT old enough to remember the ":waitasec: duct tape :waitasec: as fly catchers" in the barber shops BUT I do remember barbershop poles...WAY back in the day!:seeya:

BBM :twocents: While it is very poor decorum to quote one's self, I believe this link might clarify to others what is general knowledge to some within a specific avocation. :seeya: (and yes, it is definitely a bit self-serving to the subject within the link!)
http://www.med.wayne.edu/wayne medicine/wm98/living.htm

BBM

I sure hope the SA knows this and questions him on it!

Oh,they know :great: The no report was the subject of motions and hearings and spitting and slogfests........
They know. :seeya:

ETA The SA's have this one ; )

Was Dr. Spitz scheduled to testify today? I am curious because it seemed to me that the bug guy was on wayy too long and it looked like JB was buying time. Thanks in advance.

TC, Robin

After reading through this thread,including posts about the bizarre statements Dr. Spitz is saying ,I'm getting a sickening feeling about his testimony.
My dad passed away last June at the age of 84,after suffering (and it was torture) with vascular dementia.He remained well spoken to the end,but his reality was "off".
Dr. Spitz seems to be grappling with the facts of this case,maybe confusing it with another case? I'm seeing some all to familiar signs. I won't say more because we are discouraged from this type of speculation.
I'm not concerned for the State . They'll make mincemeat out of his testimony. I fear we will be witnessing a very sad event in this Dr.s life.

Interesting that Dr. Spitz is going to be testifying, when I *think* it was his son tonight on either Nancy Grace or Dr. Drew giving his opinion that he thinks that Casey is guilty.

Interesting that Dr. Spitz is going to be testifying, when I *think* it was his son tonight on either Nancy Grace or Dr. Drew giving his opinion that he thinks that Casey is guilty.

It was on again just now.. It was Dr Drew and yes I thought it was interesting, as well, that he thinks she's guilty.

BBM :twocents: While it is very poor decorum to quote one's self, I believe this link might clarify to others what is general knowledge to some within a specific avocation. :seeya: (and yes, it is definitely a bit self-serving to the subject within the link!)
http://www.med.wayne.edu/wayne medicine/wm98/living.htm

from the link above...
"Few professions create greater despondency about the goodness of man and the worth of life than the practice of criminal law...The criminal lawyer seeks justice--the forensic pathologist, truth. Noble causes...We must have the courage, indeed the ardent desire, to know the causes of death...A people who will not face death cannot revere life."

BBM....
I do hope this 'forensic pathologist" speaks the truth for Caylee...he's sitting on the other side of justice this time, I just hope he doesn't make an idiot of himself for the SA's will prove him wrong...I don't see how he ruled this other than how Dr. G did, but again....the DT's spin...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Makes me :puke: that he broke her skull.

Poor Caylee! Even in death she had so much to endure! :cry:

Anthony Expert: Duct Tape No Murder Weapon
Pathologist Says Duct Tape Put On Caylee's Mouth After Body Decomposed

"Snip" By the CNN Wire Staff
Updated: 2:18 pm EDT June 18, 2011

ORLANDO, Florida (CNN) -- Duct tape found on Caylee Anthony's skull was placed there after the toddler's body had decomposed, not before she died, a forensic pathologist testified Saturday.

Dr. Werner Spitz said he believes the tape was placed on the body long after the flesh had disappeared to hold the jaw bone on, perhaps because someone wanted to move it.

Spitz also criticized the Orange County medical examiner, Dr. Jan Garavaglia, for conducting what he termed a "shoddy autopsy" by failing to cut Caylee's skull open to look inside.
Full Story: http://www.wftv.com/news/28279935/detail.html

:maddening:Oh my heavens, I just don't understand :banghead: is it normal to cut skull in half during an autopsy? If Dr.G would of cut it in half then the defense could of claimed there was no way the tape could of been on there. I just don't know, but this Dr.Spitz really discussed me today with what he had to say...I had to walk away and didn't even listen to the rest of the trial I just pray that Ashton was able to put him in his place. I guess the jury can think about poor little Caylee's skull not being cut in half for an autopsy. Heck, she was all bones..not even marrow left, the scavengers/animals ate her flesh and she was just skeletal remains. What more torture did the defense want for this little girl. Sorry..had to vent..:truce:

After reading through this thread,including posts about the bizarre statements Dr. Spitz is saying ,I'm getting a sickening feeling about his testimony.
My dad passed away last June at the age of 84,after suffering (and it was torture) with vascular dementia.He remained well spoken to the end,but his reality was "off".
Dr. Spitz seems to be grappling with the facts of this case,maybe confusing it with another case? I'm seeing some all to familiar signs. I won't say more because we are discouraged from this type of speculation.
I'm not concerned for the State . They'll make mincemeat out of his testimony. I fear we will be witnessing a very sad event in this Dr.s life.

and having watched it all take place, that is 4 hours of my life I will never get back ... waste, HUGE waste having Dr. S testify... I can't say I saw any redeeming value in paying him for his services.... sorry about your luck Floridians who are footing the bill for this tripe... you dont even get to keep the pigs from the previous witness...no value whatsoever for your espenditures...

what a pointless exercise this DT CIC has been so far.. meh

I don't even want to watch the rest of it, such an uneccessary assault to my senses and intelligence... better ways to spend my time that are more pleasant. I think I will wait until its time for the prosecution to give their closing, and leave this painful torture to you younger and more committed and courageous folks to report back....

Wow! can you say "Not Ready For Prime Time." MG, Dr. Spitz made a complete fool out of himself and the DT. He was very convincing in the OJ civil trail, but here, he was definitely
absurd.

MG- drilling an empty skull open? For what? There was nothing inside it. And Aston made him look ridiculous intimating that they should have also used "rib spreaders" on the skeleton's ribs!!

And a conspiracy? based on what? Your perception of a picture?

First it was Child abuse, then GA called a convicted kidnapper 4 times and now a pathetic presentation from a once renowned forensic pathologist.

This is just sad. Really sad!

Last Updated: June 18. 2011 5:47PM

Metro Detroit forensic expert: Caylee Anthony autopsy 'shoddy'

Kyle Hightower/ The Associated Press

Orlando, Fla.— A renowned forensic expert says the autopsy done on 2-year-old Caylee Anthony was "shoddy."

Former Metro Detroit medical examiner Dr. Werner Spitz gave testimony today in the trial of Casey Anthony, the Florida mother charged with murder in Caylee's death...

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110618...ny-autopsy-‘shoddy’#ixzz1PfP5u2zB

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28239316/detail.html

Spitz Testifies In Casey Anthony Trial Saturday Morning
Spitz Is Grilled By Prosecution During Testimony

POSTED: Tuesday, June 14, 2011
UPDATED: 3:50 pm EDT June 18, 2011

Dr. Werner Spitz
DETROIT -- Former Macomb and Wayne counties Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Werner Spitz said he picks and chooses the cases he does now, and the Casey Anthony murder trial was one he was particularly interested in.

Spitz, a world-renowned forensics pathologist, was in Orlando Fla., to continue his testimony Saturday in the ongoing murder case against Anthony, who is accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Anthony...

I almost swallowed my tongue when he accused the Medical Examiner's office and the crime scene investigators of STAGING the scene by placing hairs over the skull for the photographs! This man used to be fairly intelligent, but his days of that are long over!

If I didn't dislike that whole DUHfense team and client so much, I would have felt sorry for him! But this guy is in it solely for the MONEY and in my book, that's sleazy! Well....this is yet another part of Casey's KARMA payback! LOL!!! All I can do is shake my head! I hope no one else ever hires this doddering, senile old man to testify as an "expert witness"!!! This was an insult to little Caylee's memory!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back