Mexico - 10 members of Polygamist LeBaron Family murdered, Sonora, Nov 2019 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
A Queen Creek family is mourning the deaths of at least 10 relatives, including three mothers and their young children, killed Monday in an ambush in Sonora.

The three mothers who were killed lived in a Mormon community in the state of Sonora and had dual U.S. and Mexican citizenship, according to Leah Staddon, who grew up in the same Mormon community, Bavispe, before moving to Queen Creek.

The three mothers were driving from Bavispe to a wedding in LaBaron, another Mormon community in the state of Chihuahua, when their three vehicles loaded with children were attacked by gunfire, causing one of the vehicles to explode in flames.

Staddon said her nephew's wife and her four children, among them twin 4-month-old babies, died in the blaze.

She said her brother discovered the bullet-ridden vehicle still smoldering with the charred bodies inside and shot a video as evidence.

"It's devastating," Staddon said. "It's incomprehensible, the evil. I don’t understand how someone could do that."

More at link:
Queen Creek woman says at least 10 relatives murdered on way to wedding in Mexico

I was just getting ready to post this, so thank you. I’ll definitely be following...

I think there may be more to this story but the cartels are ruthless and unforgiving. It’s not just the drugs that kill people...it’s the operations that do.

(getting off my pharmaceutical high horse now and sitting on my hands)

Last edited:
There are some reports the community had received threats recently.

I don't know how many people live in the compound, but I wonder if some gang decided they wanted it for themselves and were starting to try to drive them out.

I wonder why they had dual citizenship since that sect has lived in Mexico for more than 40 years? Just curious. I just cannot imagine living in a Mexican/US border area with children right now. Terribly dangerous—so sad. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back