Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I read this thread I get so uncomfortable. I feel bad because a major part of me thinks she's given the hubby the slip. But then there's the part of me that is angry at her apparent naivety hitchhiking in such a dangerous place (I go to Mexico , I'm not paranoid). And then the thoughts that we will probably never know for sure. And I can't stand her "husband". Just been lurking and having these weird feelings here.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I know exactly what you mean. I run into these feelings when the missing person is someone who rubs me the wrong way or did something very wrong (John Beck). I usually want to help the family though. This case is hard because both of them annoy me. Not that Jenny doesn't need to be found, for her own sake and her parents' sake if nothing else, but my heart isn't really in it. It's really hard to pull away, though, because I'm curious what JR will do next. This case brings out the worst in me! :mad:

Respectfully BBM.

Or I would love to see someone like Keith Morrison (of Dateline) tackle this case!

Or Rep. Trey Gowdy! (In the interest of full disclosure: I've had a crush on him since his Forensic Files days....)

JR posted on the HFJ page today that he has to change prosecutors due to bureaucratic delays.

Here's the latest from JR. A loyal supporter CC asks why there is a delay with getting the info from Corona. Is it because he hasn't paid the PI? Is he out of money? JR answers that "we" are changing prosecutors, causing bureaucratic delays. She then asks if there is any word from the Chinese embassy. No answer yet, but these comments are quite new.

JR doesn't make clear if money is an issue. He doesn't explain why "we" are changing prosecutors and if that's his team's choice or the government's choice.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/629012047273843/

This same supporter CC previously mentioned bribes several times and seems to have some knowledge of Mexican culture. In this exchange, JR indicates that bribes may be considered in the future.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/626613840846997/

CC also asked what Corona is doing to help. Have they identified the driver? Does he absolutely believe the testimony of the eyewitnesses that she got on the truck? JR replied that he is on the way home and will answer later. He never did.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/626179284223786/

He uses the word prosecutors, not simply attorney. Doesn't prosecutor imply something criminal has happened? Does that mean they believe this driver has done something criminal towards Jenny? I am remembering JR saying something like we have a suspect when referring to the driver, way back.

He uses the word prosecutors, not simply attorney. Doesn't prosecutor imply something criminal has happened? Does that mean they believe this driver has done something criminal towards Jenny? I am remembering JR saying something like we have a suspect when referring to the driver, way back.

I think the prosecutor in Mexico is associated with LE, and is the contact person, but it doesn't imply that anything criminal has happened. I will look for a link.

ETA: I'm not finding a link explaining the role of the prosecutor, but here is a Wikipedia article about law enforcement in Mexico.
I still think the prosecutor is involved simply because Jenny is missing, not because of Corona. But this will have to be JMO for now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_enforcement_in_Mexico

Just ruminating...I may be stating the obvious, but I think part of the problem we have with JR is that he gives answers that raise more questions. Or he doesn't answer at all. Or he makes statements that something will happen and he doesn't report on it. For example, this morning he could have explained the role of the prosecutor and made clear why the change has happened and how long a delay he anticipates before the Corona driver is interviewed. Since he had said that the police would not be involved in the interview with the driver, he could have explained why the change in prosecutor has any effect at all on the interview.

The timeline of his reports about the interview with the driver:

On June 12 he posted about his latest trip and said that police have been no help but Corona would give access to the driver.

On June 13 he posted that his meeting with Corona was productive. No details. Just a photo in a restaurant. In answer to two questions he said that his team would be getting full access to the driver without the police being present in the next 24-48 hours.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/627082370800144/

Days go by with no follow up post by JR. On June 17, under his post about a Twitter launch this weekend, he responds to a question by saying that they are still waiting to interview the driver. Today June 19 he answers a question by CC about the interview and says that the prosecutor has changed and it is causing bureaucratic delays. He gives no explanation.

These brief posts and brief answers raise more questions and make it appear that he is withholding information even if he isn't. Interested people should not have to pry information out of him. He might raise more money if he was more forthcoming with information. If he says something will happen in 24-48 hours, he needs to post again and explain why it hasn't happened, not wait for someone to ask, and then give a confusing answer. I realize that it may be painful to have to post about delays, etc. but this is what you need to do if you want support and/or money to find your wife. JR seriously needs a professional PR person to take over the FB page! But who would want the job if JR won't freely provide information for PR person to post?!

JMO

He mentioned going on twitter this weekend. Im gonna try and find his tweets later unless someone already has...if so TIA

Sent from my SCH-I545

He mentioned going on twitter this weekend. Im gonna try and find his tweets later unless someone already has...if so TIA

Sent from my SCH-I545

His Twitter handle is: @HelpFindJenny

There are two spanish versions: @HelpFindJenny1 and @HelpFindJenny2

You can search the hashtags: #HelpFindJenny #CoronaHelpFindJenny

I think every one of JR's tweets has included a link to the page. It's hardly a campaign for a missing person, IMO.

His Twitter handle is: @HelpFindJenny

There are two spanish versions: @HelpFindJenny1 and @HelpFindJenny2

You can search the hashtags: #HelpFindJenny #CoronaHelpFindJenny

I think every one of JR's tweets has included a link to the page. It's hardly a campaign for a missing person, IMO.

Thanks. I agree with you. I'm not finding anything current on these handles or hashtags. JR said there would be a big Twitter launch on updates to the media using the Buzzfeed article this weekend. I see nothing of the kind.

Ok. I was just informed and didn't realize and indeed his profile pic is not of him and his wife! I'm sorry but if I was missing my hubby better have a photo of me on Facebook.

Sent from my SCH-I545

Just ruminating...I may be stating the obvious, but I think part of the problem we have with JR is that he gives answers that raise more questions. Or he doesn't answer at all. Or he makes statements that something will happen and he doesn't report on it. For example, this morning he could have explained the role of the prosecutor and made clear why the change has happened and how long a delay he anticipates before the Corona driver is interviewed. Since he had said that the police would not be involved in the interview with the driver, he could have explained why the change in prosecutor has any effect at all on the interview.

On June 12 he posted about his latest trip and said that police have been no help but Corona would give access to the driver.

On June 13 he posted that his meeting with Corona was productive. No details. Just a photo in a restaurant. In answer to two questions he said that his team would be getting full access to the driver without the police being present in the next 24-48 hours.

Days go by with no follow up post by JR. On June 17, under his post about a Twitter launch this weekend, he responds to a question by saying that they are still waiting to interview the driver. Today June 19 he answers a question by CC about the interview and says that the prosecutor has changed and it is causing bureaucratic delays. He gives no explanation.

These brief posts and brief answers raise more questions and make it appear that he is withholding information even if he isn't. Interested people should not have to pry information out of him. He might raise more money if he was more forthcoming with information. If he says something will happen in 24-48 hours, he needs to post again and explain why it hasn't happened, not wait for someone to ask, and then give a confusing answer. I realize that it may be painful to have to post about delays, etc. but this is what you need to do if you want support and/or money to find your wife. JR seriously needs a professional PR person to take over the FB page! But who would want the job if JR won't freely provide information for PR person to post?!

JMO

Completely agree. I'm very confused about the prosecutor comment while there is no criminal nor civil court case going on.

Very odd indeed. If he expected to have immediate access to the driver after flying with his lawyer and Corona executives. Then why come back the next day to wait 24 hrs. What if the driver said I dropped her off at xyz.

Then what. Was his p.i suppose to travel to another state with no funds to begin the search by himself while waiting for JR to schedule his next trip?

SS offered on June 16 to send a flier with her friend who is traveling to a part of the Caribbean where kidnapped girls from Mexico are taken. CN said she'd get back to her with an English/Spanish flier. Today June 19 SS posts again asking for the flier since her friend is leaving tonight. SS apologizes to CN for the late follow up. Say what? CN is the one who dropped the ball!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hel...=628271594014555&comment_tracking={"tn":"R1"}

ETA: I see that SS took the initiative to cobble together a flier for her friend to take to this area where Mexican sex trafficking victims are brought. She hopes its OK that she did this. Offers the PDF to anyone who wants it. Way to go SS!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/629851717189876/

Clarification. I think that is him, but not his wife?

You'd think if he changed his marital status during this ordeal, he would also change his profile pic too.

Completely agree. I'm very confused about the prosecutor comment while there is no criminal nor civil court case going on.

Very odd indeed. If he expected to have immediate access to the driver after flying with his lawyer and Corona executives. Then why come back the next day to wait 24 hrs. What if the driver said I dropped her off at xyz.

Then what. Was his p.i suppose to travel to another state with no funds to begin the search by himself while waiting for JR to schedule his next trip?
BBM

Brilliant question Dex! Too bad JR doesn't possess your logical mind!

I will never understand how JR is getting a PI and a high-powered attorney to work for him, essentially for free. Is someone in JR's family mortgaging their home to pay for this or what? People do not work for free. This is just not the kind of case that invites pro bono help. JMO

I would like for Nancy Grace, HLN or anyone willing to give her some TV exposure.
Hmmmm....just thought maybe the corona witness is connected to someone at the last house she stayed at and purposely directed them to Corona to get eyes off them. I can't remember if Jenny did a final recap at the very end of her last stay over.
I hope the team will continue to search for Jenny and not just focus on talking with this driver for Corona.

Sent from my SCH-I545

Agree. What if some of the people that stay at the last house are known abductors or has an uncle that is a known sex abduction predator.

Wouldnt it be best to atleast visit the home for just in case purposes. What if you happen to see her necklace lying around in the house or something.

Btw. He deleted the comment by the buzzfeed writer that suggested posting on Websleuths But he leaves his comment about just sticking with facebook and twitter

I truly doubt the rural areas of Mexico follow neither. So any witnesses will be by actual searching Jmo

This i read or was told and found it on his help find Jenny page that someone mentioned they thought it was reported from another group that she was found. JR said Baloney. He didn't ask dead or alive. Just Baloney! Hinky!

Sent from my SCH-I545

Ok. I was just informed and didn't realize and indeed his profile pic is not of him and his wife! I'm sorry but if I was missing my hubby better have a photo of me on Facebook.

Sent from my SCH-I545
Yes, him but the other person is not his wife. I worded it badly.
I am thinking I need to go and find my pic/pics if I go missing that I want hubby to post.

Sent from my SCH-I545

JMO[/QUOTe)

BBM: make it appear that he is withholding information. Seems like stalling, in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody