Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, everyone!

I'm still with you all, just haven't been responding, just nodding along as you have been so capable of saying so much of what I have been thinking or posting great insights I hadn't thought of. Thank you everyone, for all your posts on this absorbing, head-shakin', you-can't-make-this-stuff-up-if-you-tried case. The posters here impress me so much!

That lastest article in Spanish that Lilibet posted seems to imply that JR returned home to the US before getting the ball rolling to report his wife missing.

To contrast, I recall one news report http://www.goerie.com/article/20160...rmer-erie-man-says-wife-disappeared-in-mexico
that said, "Reinhard said he "waited and waited and waited" for days at the Cancun hotel where they were supposed to meet, then contacted the American consulate, reported her missing and began searching places like hospitals."

To me, I thought the goerie article inferred that he reported her missing before leaving Mexico, though, who knows--I suppose contacting the American consulate, reporting her missing, and searching hospitals could have been done by telephone while he was back in the US. Hmmm, makes me wonder now...It would be very odd, and one would have to wonder why would he wait until back home before he would report her disappearance to the Mexican authorities. Doesn't make sense.

I wish we had someone here who could translate the Spanish texts, so we don't have to rely on the translation sites and then wonder about the accuracy. Same with the Chinese articles. Frustrating for we who try to piece together the case, using news articles and social media quotes to do so!

Welcome back, slowpoke! :seeya:

I'm inclined to think the article I posted is inaccurate about when he reported Jenny missing, either in the reporting or the translation. It would be unbelievable to go home without reporting Jenny missing. So I think the first report is accurate, although everything we have comes only from JR. And of course, "unbelievable" could be the theme of this whole case, from Jenny traveling solo in Mexico to the Seattle "massage." It's starting to seem like a bad movie.

If he did go home without reporting her missing, the most charitable reason would be that he was too embarrassed and angry to report her missing. The most nefarious reason would be that he had done something to Jenny and wanted to get out of the country before he was questioned...but the fact that he has gone back to Mexico would rule that out IMO. And there could be reasons in between. However, even if he did report her missing and visit hospitals, leaving the country after six days seems totally immature and irresponsible...traits JR has shown. JMO

But the big problem is that we don't have any independent evidence that JR was ever in Cancun waiting and looking for Jenny. We don't have independent evidence that he was not in Mexico before the scheduled Cancun meetup. Some would say that we don't even have independent evidence that Jenny was in Mexico (although I believe she was). We have no independent evidence of ANYTHING!! All we have is JR talking to the media and on FB, expecting belief, help and $$ and being rude when he's questioned or doesn't get what he wants. Even though we want to believe him, along he has done little things to cause us to doubt his credibility, right up to the latest debacle. So what do we have? :dunno:

here is the 4700 section of Roosevelt Way.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=e...ved=0ahUKEwiknYLTqu7NAhVGjz4KHWTRDAoQpx8IdzAO

Looks like a Hookah lounge. At the door to 4701A a sign says "Private Lounge - For Members Only" I read on Yelp that there is a $5 a year membership fee and they have music and a belly dancer on Saturday nights.

going back down the street to other 4700 addresses, there are 2 delapidated homes (easily could be massage palors), next to an Indian Grill and Lounge. Nex to that is a red house with no windows facing the street. The one window has something covering it and there is 1 car with a NO TRESSPASSING signs. Very strange.

Across the street is a VW dealership, I don't think anything would be over there.

I THINK the Indian restaurant is gone now. And the No Trespassing sign may be due to vagrants; for a long time there were people sleeping regularly in doorways along that block. People lived in some of the houses along there. The house are slowly being replaced...

I gather JR does not live in the U District. Would love to know how he stumbled upon this place.

Through cross-referencing, I was able to find "Euro Spa" that was operating in this block ... Plenty of patron chatter elsewhere on the web regarding it ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=e...ved=0ahUKEwiknYLTqu7NAhVGjz4KHWTRDAoQpx8IdzAO

Looks like a Hookah lounge. At the door to 4701A a sign says "Private Lounge - For Members Only" I read on Yelp that there is a $5 a year membership fee and they have music and a belly dancer on Saturday nights.

going back down the street to other 4700 addresses, there are 2 delapidated homes (easily could be massage palors), next to an Indian Grill and Lounge. Nex to that is a red house with no windows facing the street. The one window has something covering it and there is 1 car with a NO TRESSPASSING signs. Very strange.

Across the street is a VW dealership, I don't think anything would be over there.

The houses possibly the Hookah Lounge as a front.
There's seddy parlours throughout this are esp closer to Aurora.

Either was drinking close in the U-District but purposely drove there. There's no way to stumble in this place.

:gaah::dunno:
Hi all !! Just popping in to see if anything new.. took some vacation time off work, computers, SM and spent time with family and friends !! I see the latest news is an arrest of a supposedly drunken stumble into a building looking for "Happy ending".. SMH.
I was hoping there would be some answers by now or some Jenny sightings.
Still praying for some news soon !! Unfortunately, my first impression and thoughts of JR seem to be manifesting and showing signs of reality and I am finding it harder and harder to believe anything posted by him.
WHERE IS JENNY????

My thoughts of a better story for JR was he got a tip from a Corona driver that Jenny was being forced to work there and he went to check on that tip.
Yeah...I know. Either way I still want to hope she is alive.
?If he hasn't communicated with her family in China who would have called them about her possibly going missing?

Sent from my SCH-I545

How come when I click link it says "Leela's massage loft" did you add that?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

snipped by me:
But the big problem is that we don't have any independent evidence that JR was ever in Cancun waiting and looking for Jenny. We don't have independent evidence that he was not in Mexico before the scheduled Cancun meetup. Some would say that we don't even have independent evidence that Jenny was in Mexico (although I believe she was). We have no independent evidence of ANYTHING!! All we have is JR talking to the media and on FB, expecting belief, help and $$ and being rude when he's questioned or doesn't get what he wants. Even though we want to believe him, along he has done little things to cause us to doubt his credibility, right up to the latest debacle. So what do we have? :dunno:

It seems like the police in Mexico don't hold media conferences like they do here and other countries, maybe, in JR's defense? I know in that recent case I mentioned before, that of Australian man Rye Hunt who was mising in Brazil, the police there held media conferences. Mexico is sure not the place one wants to go missing.

Regarding that latest article translating to "possibly spent the night in a truckstop in La Laguna"--I wonder if that is referring to that large Pemex truckstop I saw and posted about before. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...*endangered-American*&p=12593911#post12593911 If you go to the map link I included, do a "u-turn" and "drive" down a couple clicks, you'll see the Pemex truckstop on the right.

How does one spend a night in a truckstop, anyway. It seems to be a true truckstop including a restaurant and even showers. Do you think she could have just spent her time in the restaurant overnight? Do truckstops allow truckers to doze at the tables? Is this a dumb question from me? lol http://www.laistmena.com/presenta.php?id=241

Ugh, you have got to be kidding me Dex! Nice catch! (your posts are on point!)
This guy... I hadn't been able to get on in a few days so I'm just catching up on the latest "developments".

I appreciate people on the thread wanting to give benefit of the doubt but mine is all used up, hubby has jumped the shark with this one and my suspension of disbelief is gone.
You can't tell me that a guy who travels Asia had no clue what he was walking in to. I go for legit massages regularly and have had more drinks than I care to admit, I have never stumbled into a rub n tug lol.

Also, they don't just arrest you for being at the establishment. It's the same as if you hire a prostitute, it has to go to a certain point before they can make the arrest. They would have offered the extra
services, those who declined would get to leave, those that didn't would be arrested.

I have no moral judgment towards the women who work at these places, or their patrons, but how dare someone ask others for money then spend it on that. All the complaining about having to use his OWN funds!!! GROSS.

God, if my guy was missing the last thing I would be thinking about is THAT, especially with people that would remind me of him. :(

I am not having good thoughts about Jenny's whereabouts. It concerns reading that things on her Facebook have been changed/deleted. I felt that was Jenny's account but have been wondering if she truly made all the updates
and posted all the stuff from her trip herself. Anyone with her password could have posted them and we don't really know when the pics were taken. I find it fishy that he has no correspondence with Jenny anywhere but
on social media he has passwords for. That's odd for husband and wife, and an awfully convenient of an excuse for having no phone texts or calls from Jenny for her whole trip. Maybe from much longer than she was reported missing.

Funny, I just messaged my best friend, she lives in Thailand now. I had messaged her about a guy who worked in Asia for some time that was claiming he stumbled into a "massage parlor" for a "back rub" plastered at 5pm.
Her response was "lol, ya". As the honorable Judge Judy would say "don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining".

Now where the heck is Jenny? And how long has she really been missing for? :(

In keeping with your post, upthread someone posted a picture of Jenny sitting in the middle of what looked like a bus or party-bus. The interior was slightly dark, as you would imagine the interior of a bus to be. But there is Jenny sitting in the middle of the smiling crowd, looking like she has a spotlight on her. Pictures can be so easily faked today. I am not saying all of her pictures are faked. But the fact that AFAIK, all info comes from one source, has bothered me for a long time. ETA: The pic is in post #62 on this thread.

I personally believe that media circus that JR has created has little if anything to do with finding Jenny and everything to do with show. There are too many holes in his account of things, IMO. His behavior on two FB pages is questionable at best and his arrest for soliciting a prostititute while his wife is missing, coupled with his long arrest history, tells me enough to know all is not as it seems. MOO.

How come when I click link it says "Leela's massage loft" did you add that?

sorry, that's where I started. That was one "massage palor" I found on Roosevelt, but realized it is not in the 4700 block. To get to the 4700 block of Roosevelt, you have to go down the block (maybe 2 traffic lights?) to the corner of the Hookah Lounge (47th street), across from the VW dealership is the 4700 range of Roosevelt.

sorry, that's where I started. I thought that perhaps could be were he was but that is not the 4700 section of Roosevelt, you have to go down the block to the corner of the Hookah Lounge (47th street), across from the VW dealership is the 4700 range of Roosevelt.
Lol. Ok thanks

snipped by me:

It seems like the police in Mexico don't hold media conferences like they do here and other countries, maybe, in JR's defense? I know in that recent case I mentioned before, that of Australian man Rye Hunt who was mising in Brazil, the police there held media conferences. Mexico is sure not the place one wants to go missing.

Regarding that latest article translating to "possibly spent the night in a truckstop in La Laguna"--I wonder if that is referring to that large Pemex truckstop I saw and posted about before. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...*endangered-American*&p=12593911#post12593911 If you go to the map link I included, do a "u-turn" and "drive" down a couple clicks, you'll see the Pemex truckstop on the right.

How does one spend a night in a truckstop, anyway. It seems to be a true truckstop including a restaurant and even showers. Do you think she could have just spent her time in the restaurant overnight? Do truckstops allow truckers to doze at the tables? Is this a dumb question from me? lol http://www.laistmena.com/presenta.php?id=241

According to this RVer, you can park overnight at a Pemex truckstop if you have a vehicle?

If there is not a park where you are, you can almost always camp at a Pemex station, preferably a 24-hour one like a truck stop. Ask to talk to the manager and get his permission, reminding him you will fill your tanks there. Some now chage a few pesos, some don't. Whatever the case, it is worth it to get off the highway before nightfall.
https://www.mexicomike.com/rv/rvdrivingtips.html

Welcome back, slowpoke! :seeya:

I'm inclined to think the article I posted is inaccurate about when he reported Jenny missing, either in the reporting or the translation. It would be unbelievable to go home without reporting Jenny missing. So I think the first report is accurate, although everything we have comes only from JR. And of course, "unbelievable" could be the theme of this whole case, from Jenny traveling solo in Mexico to the Seattle "massage." It's starting to seem like a bad movie.

If he did go home without reporting her missing, the most charitable reason would be that he was too embarrassed and angry to report her missing. The most nefarious reason would be that he had done something to Jenny and wanted to get out of the country before he was questioned...but the fact that he has gone back to Mexico would rule that out IMO. And there could be reasons in between. However, even if he did report her missing and visit hospitals, leaving the country after six days seems totally immature and irresponsible...traits JR has shown. JMO

bbm
Another scenario I could imagine that would make him leave Mexico w/o reporting her missing is that he thought she might have flown/hiked/driven back home to Seattle without him, maybe because they had a fight or had grown distant prior to her leaving for Mexico (the lack of phone calls to him while she was traveling would fit with this theory).

Many years ago, I once arranged with a boyfriend to meet in Paris, France, for a weekend getaway. I arrived at the hotel we had agreed on, but he didn't, at least not on time. He arrived almost 24 later, but during those hours I waited I thought about flying over to London (where he lived) to find out what happened. Never would I have thought to report him missing in France. (This was before cell phones and email, etc, and the new flat he had rented in London didn't have a working landline yet.)

So yea, I could imagine him getting back to Seatttle first to check if she's there, and then report her missing.

jmo

With the pictures on their sign they're just asking to be raided. Real subtle. Maybe they think if they emphasize "Western European" the vice squad won't be suspicious. :D We don't know for sure what massage parlor JR went to, of course, but given the number of busts on this street (oops bad pun!) it's likely this is it.

4747 Roosevelt Way NE #A

attachment.php

If there's "gentrification" going on in the general area, I'm not surprised that there has been a recent bust here. A lot of these places are generally left alone unless there's 1) some feedback from feds on human trafficking or 2) a complaint from a nearby resident that the place is a nuisance (late nights, patrons are too loud coming/going - literally, not euphemistically). If someone needs the property values to go up, they're going to start being a real pain to law enforcement about hustling them along to another area.

If there's "gentrification" going on in the general area, I'm not surprised that there has been a recent bust here. A lot of these places are generally left alone unless there's 1) some feedback from feds on human trafficking or 2) a complaint from a nearby resident that the place is a nuisance (late nights, patrons are too loud coming/going - literally, not euphemistically). If someone needs the property values to go up, they're going to start being a real pain to law enforcement about hustling them along to another area.

New neighbors are going start complaining about suspicious nighttime activity, lots of cars at a "massage" parlour- Not in my backyard.
I wonder why media hasn't picked up her missing story yet? I think she needs some media help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member