Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I´ve thought it would be good if we could ask Jenny´s family if they have had any contact from Jenny. But, I´ve never seen Jenny, who had been in regular weekly contact with her family, as being likely to have let her family make the trip to Mexico that the did, in order to search for Jenny. If Jenny had been running away from JR, I doubt we would have ever seen Jenny´s family in Mexico looking for her.

You make good points webant and I expect you are right. I wish her family would speak out.

I do know that people if people are determined enough they will disappear without making contact with family they love. Hannah Thomas-Garner is a case in point. It was only for about three months though.

It's possible that Jenny couldn't have known that her family would come to Mexico, and maybe she didn't know they came, if she was obliviously off backpacking.

Why did her family seem to readily accept what LE said about sightings of Jenny backpacking? Or did they? Was it just Chinese government propaganda to keep good relationship with a trade partner? And why did JR so readily dismiss news of those sightings?

As you said, we really need to know what Jenny's family thinks.

I agree with everything you wrote here, Dex. The trucking company´s owners must be very powerful people, to own a company of such value. They would have power and influence in the US if they were based there, and I´m sure they have it in Mexico.

Kugar's owners are very powerful people with political connections according to a comment by GG on JR's original post about Kugar and GPS on 9/21. I mentioned it on the last thread, and haven't tracked down any info confirming this, but I believe it's true. Here it is again. Check it out and note the connection to Corona.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/676114969230217/

Kugar's owners are very powerful people with political connections according to a comment by GG on JR's original post about Kugar and GPS on 9/21. I mentioned it on the last thread, and haven't tracked down any info confirming this, but I believe it's true. Here it is again. Check it out and note the connection to Corona.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/676114969230217/

I think the p.i was able to track Jennys last whereabouts of the atm that she possibly tried to use.

Then maybe someone told him that Jenny was with xyz that works at the bar or shop or whatever.

So what if the hostess couldn't deny Jenny being with her.

Or what if the hostess has pyscho family members.

So Jr shouldn't let the hostess off that quick.

Btw. Why would Jenny write her name in their book and nothing else?

Was she calling out for help?

Like I was here just in case someone comes across this?

I think the p.i was able to track Jennys last whereabouts of the atm that she possibly tried to use.

Then maybe someone told him that Jenny was with xyz that works at the bar or shop or whatever.

So what if the hostess couldn't deny Jenny being with her.

Or what if the hostess has pyscho family members.

So Jr shouldn't let the hostess off that quick.

Btw. Why would Jenny write her name in their book and nothing else?

Was she calling out for help?

Like I was here just in case someone comes across this?

I don't think her Chinese name in the book is a signal. I always figured that Jenny wrote her name in the book because they were curious how it looked in Chinese. She may have been explaining the characters. There probably wouldn't be anything else she would write that would interest them as much as her name. JMO

It's possible that Jenny couldn't have known that her family would come to Mexico, and maybe she didn't know they came, if she was obliviously off backpacking.

Why did her family seem to readily accept what LE said about sightings of Jenny backpacking? Or did they? Was it just Chinese government propaganda to keep good relationship with a trade partner? And why did JR so readily dismiss news of those sightings?

I also suspect that if Jenny was, as reported by LE, still backpacking, the suspect vehicle would not have ´´been sold´´. Jenny still backpacking = no crime = no need to make the truck dissapear. Mexico uses DMV and vehicle registration...so who was that vehicle sold to, that there was no forensic test done on it?...was it scrapped and now not a trace to be seen of it?

Jenny´s family might have believed what they were told at the time, maybe they were skeptical at the time. It would indeed be good to communicate with them now.

JR alleges the Embassy wouldn't speak to him but says nothing about whether he went ahead and investigated the area she was sighted backpacking in or not.

From last year...
Reinhard recently spent five days in Mexico trying to help the investigation and says he’s similarly frustrated with responses, or the lack thereof, from the Chinese Embassy in Mexico City and police in Oaxaca.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...co-adventure-turns-into-nightmare-for-family/

Where are you Jenny?

Lol.

How in the heck would the Embassy know if a missing Chinese girl was still hiking later on?

Come on.

The Embassy lied.

Especially since they couldn't provide digital or witness proof. Jmo.

So can Jonathan subpoena them to find out what information or informant lead them to this belief.

Because if Jonathan wants to sue someone.

Then I would sue the Chinese Embassy that stopped the search by telling her family that she is fine and still backpacking with no proof to follow up.

So maybe Jonathan should get his lawyer on the Embassy to open up the books on that B.S claim that they fed to her family whom flew across the world to find Jenny. Jmo.

So while needing answers from the trucking company. Maybe he should apply pressure to the Embassy that stalled the case in the first place.

Jmo

Lol.

How in the heck would the Embassy know if a missing Chinese girl was still hiking later on?

Come on.

The Embassy lied.

Especially since they couldn't provide digital or witness proof. Jmo.

So can Jonathan subpoena them to find out what information or informant lead them to this belief.

Because if Jonathan wants to sue someone.

Then I would sue the Chinese Embassy that stopped the search by telling her family that she is fine and still backpacking with no proof to follow up.

So maybe Jonathan should get his lawyer on the Embassy to open up the books on that B.S claim that they fed to her family whom flew across the world to find Jenny. Jmo.

So while needing answers from the trucking company. Maybe he should apply pressure to the Embassy that stalled the case in the first place.

Jmo
I wouldn't go so far to say the embassy outright lied since we don't know what evidence -if any- they were able to uncover during their investigation, but I definitely wonder how they came to their conclusion. But then -and this may just be me- I am not entirely convinced of the credibility of those who claim to have seen Jenny get into the Corona delivery truck, either, so ....

I don't know. Maybe there is something I have missed or JR cannot make public that absolutely convinces him that the witnesses are correct, and that the trucking company employee knows what happened to Jenny.

Does anyone remember if JR has said anything about Jenny's family since her disappearance or the statement made by the Chinese Embassy?

Clearly, JR hasn't had much luck with LE in Mexico, and unfortunately, it doesn't look like that's going to change any time soon (which makes me feel so sad for Jenny :(). Plus, it's expensive to retain an attorney or a PI, and he has both. I see that he has been frustrated with the lack of responses from the Chinese Embassy in Mexico City -according to the Seattle Times article- in the past, but why not try to reach out to them jointly with Jenny's family? They are Chinese nationals and speak Chinese (which I think JR does, at least some). Surely it wouldn't be terribly difficult to hire someone or find someone to volunteer to work as a Chinese-English translator to facilitate smooth communication between all of them. It just seems like a sensible thing to do, while he continues to keep the "truck investigation" going.

I really wish JR would join us here on WS, so that we all can bounce ideas off one another.

I wouldn't go so far to say the embassy outright lied since we don't know what evidence -if any- they were able to uncover during their investigation, but I definitely wonder how they came to their conclusion. But then -and this may just be me- I am not entirely convinced of the credibility of those who claim to have seen Jenny get into the Corona delivery truck, either, so ....

I don't know. Maybe there is something I have missed or JR cannot make public that absolutely convinces him that the witnesses are correct, and that the trucking company employee knows what happened to Jenny.

Does anyone remember if JR has said anything about Jenny's family since her disappearance or the statement made by the Chinese Embassy?

Clearly, JR hasn't had much luck with LE in Mexico, and unfortunately, it doesn't look like that's going to change any time soon (which makes me feel so sad for Jenny :(). Plus, it's expensive to retain an attorney or a PI, and he has both. I see that he has been frustrated with the lack of responses from the Chinese Embassy in Mexico City -according to the Seattle Times article- in the past, but why not try to reach out to them jointly with Jenny's family? They are Chinese nationals and speak Chinese (which I think JR does, at least some). Surely it wouldn't be terribly difficult to hire someone or find someone to volunteer to work as a Chinese-English translator to facilitate smooth communication between all of them. It just seems like a sensible thing to do, while he continues to keep the "truck investigation" going.

I really wish JR would join us here on WS, so that we all can bounce ideas off one another.
BBM

Good post! I think we're on the same page. I don't know why JR is convinced of the credibility of the witnesses (beyond Jenny's signature in Chinese in the tablet). It's taken him down a rabbit hole IMO, but I guess it's the most solid lead he has. One could ask how anyone knows she didn't make it to Cancun if they don't know where the truck went (assuming she got on it).

He commented disparagingly about the Chinese Embassy story that LE said Jenny was seen backpacking in early May. I searched in vain for the FB link on HFJ. I think it was deleted. It was his only comment ever. I've never understood why he didn't mention Jenny's family's visit to Mexico until he was questioned about the article. Why can't they work together? But I just can't see the Chinese embassy bothering with Jenny any more. She was so negative about China, and I don't think they are going to pressure Mexico and risk poor relations and damage their trade deals.

Whether he joined WS or not, JR should have had someone reading here. There has been some great work and smart ideas from the WS team.

Poor Jenny. :(

article about the Embassy's search from last year (google translation):

Since April this year, Wenzhou girl Chen in Mexico tourism lost the news affects the hearts of the majority of overseas Chinese. After hearing the situation, the Chinese Embassy in Mexico attached great importance to this, and has been in close contact with Chen's family, and in the first time to contact the Mexican state government and the police department, informed the situation, urged all around to help find Chen. At the end of May, Chen's parents came to Mexico under the assistance of the embassy. Embassy Yao Fei Counselor and Li Shu consul accompanied them have visited the Oaxaca, Chiapas, Tabasco and other state police department, to understand the progress of the search work.

In addition, the embassy also funded the recruitment of Western translation, accompanied by Chen's parents around the activities. After a lot of investigation, the Mexican police to provide encouraging information to prove that in late May Chen still in the southern part of the Mexican car ride. When informed of the situation, Chen's family was pleased. The search work of the embassy has also been grateful to the President of the Wenzhou Chamber of Commerce in Singapore and the Chinese Embassy, ​​Ms. Huo Hongmei, for their help.

The next stage, the embassy will be close contact with the Mexican state police, through local radio, television, network and other channels to expand the search for the early to find the whereabouts of Chen.

http://www.guancha.cn/society/2016_06_10_363451.shtml

from the Chinese Embassy in Mexico page:

Embassy in Mexico reminded Mexican citizens to strengthen security precautions - 2017/01/04

According to the Mexican local media reports, recently, due to protest fuel prices, the country's 11 states (TLAXCALA, HIDALGO, CHIAPAS, OAXACA, ESTADO DE MEXICO, PUEBLA, SONORA, MORELOS, GUANAJUATO, CHIHUAHUA, JALISCO) demonstrations, 34 roads were blocked by demonstrators, resulting in serious traffic difficulties, in some areas also occurred looting supermarkets and other wrongful acts.

http://mx.china-embassy.org/chn/lsfw1/t1428371.htm

Article quoting her brother and his last contact with Jenny :http://www.guancha.cn/america/2016_04_29_358637.shtml

Does Jonathan speak Chinese since he was sent to China for work purposes?

Now I doubt he does. But did he atleast know her family while in China before bringing Jenny back to the states?

But anyways. Those questions are minor.

But I'm still mad that the Embassy used the gullibility of her family and turned them around so quickly with unsubstantiated information.

Btw. Jenny spoke bad of China.

But even if she didn't. I think the Embassy would have still handled the situation the same.

Jmo.

“Completely frustrating,” says Jonathan Reinhard of his communication with the U.S. embassy in Mexico. “They’ve ignored me, promised to help and then not returned my phone calls.”

Reinhard recently spent five days in Mexico trying to help the investigation and says he’s similarly frustrated with responses, or the lack thereof, from the Chinese Embassy in Mexico City and police in Oaxaca.

He says the most promising leads have resulted from hiring a private investigator, who this week, according to Reinhard, uncovered information about a truck that picked Chen up in Oaxaca.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...co-adventure-turns-into-nightmare-for-family/

it seems to me at the time that JR went with the PI because the PI gave him "promising leads", as opposed to the embassies which he claimed ignored him.

I think the PI was just after his money and he should have continued to hound the embassies to help him

“Completely frustrating,” says Jonathan Reinhard of his communication with the U.S. embassy in Mexico. “They’ve ignored me, promised to help and then not returned my phone calls.”

He says the most promising leads have resulted from hiring a private investigator, who this week, according to Reinhard, uncovered information about a truck that picked Chen up in Oaxaca.

it seems to me at the time that JR went with the PI because the PI gave him "promising leads", as opposed to the embassies which he claimed ignored him.

I think the PI was just after his money and he should have continued to hound the embassies to help him

Me too.

Because why didn't the P.I follow up on the Embassy leads at first.

Or at least follow up on where the driver and his family lives.

Trying to give my thoughts on some recent points, without quoting individual posts (saving Websleuths bandwidth)...

JR and Jenny's family might have been estranged. Maybe they didn't like JR and/or didn't like him 'taking' Jenny so far away from them. Might explain them not working together.

In the only report of a statement from the Chinese Embassy that I've seen, I believe they were just reiterating what they had been told by Mexican LE.

There has not been any activity reported on Jenny's bank account, no use of her mobile phone, nothing...since she was reported by JR to have dissapeared. This indicates that the reports of her still traveling are false.

I believe I read there were witnesses from more than one tienda at Lagunas Crossing, to Jenny having gotten into the Corona truck at Lagunas Crossing. If they were going to make up this story, I think they would have said an anonymous vehicle, not one of a company that could be checked out (and possibly cause problems for them). This, in concordance with the GPS gaps in the provided log when the truck passed through Lagunas Crossing, and the truck having been "sold" and thus not able to be examined...all add up to a decent circumstantial case for Jenny having gotten into that truck, as reported.

The Mexican PI might have taken the case as far as he is legally able...I don't know what Mexican law is, when it comes to tracking down a suspect and interogating him. It could be that the suspect is not to be found and that the Mexican LE reports that they have been trying to find him, without success, are true.

Me too.

Because why didn't the P.I follow up on the Embassy leads at first.

Or at least follow up on where the driver and his family lives.

Did JR delete any reference to the Embassy from Jenny's missing page? He had to have known and read the articles.

Did JR delete any reference to the Embassy from Jenny's missing page? He had to have known and read the articles.

Based on my unsuccessful search last night on HFJ for his one comment about what the Embassy reported, I believe it was deleted. I read through all posts and comments back to May and earlier for good measure. His original comment made clear that he was aware of what LE told the Chinese Embassy. Whether he actually read the articles or based his comment on what he was told by the person asking, I don't know. I recall that the person who asked the question said that the Embassy had been told Jenny was still traveling in May. That may be all he knew.

Trying to give my thoughts on some recent points, without quoting individual posts (saving Websleuths bandwidth)...

JR and Jenny's family might have been estranged. Maybe they didn't like JR and/or didn't like him 'taking' Jenny so far away from them. Might explain them not working together.

In the only report of a statement from the Chinese Embassy that I've seen, I believe they were just reiterating what they had been told by Mexican LE.

There has not been any activity reported on Jenny's bank account, no use of her mobile phone, nothing...since she was reported by JR to have dissapeared. This indicates that the reports of her still traveling are false.

I believe I read there were witnesses from more than one tienda at Lagunas Crossing, to Jenny having gotten into the Corona truck at Lagunas Crossing. If they were going to make up this story, I think they would have said an anonymous vehicle, not one of a company that could be checked out (and possibly cause problems for them). This, in concordance with the GPS gaps in the provided log when the truck passed through Lagunas Crossing, and the truck having been "sold" and thus not able to be examined...all add up to a decent circumstantial case for Jenny having gotten into that truck, as reported.

The Mexican PI might have taken the case as far as he is legally able...I don't know what Mexican law is, when it comes to tracking down a suspect and interogating him. It could be that the suspect is not to be found and that the Mexican LE reports that they have been trying to find him, without success, are true.

All good points as usual. I agree.

I recall JR answering someone on HFJ who asked if they could circumvent LE to get to interview the drivers. He said they had to go through LE for anything to hold up in court. I saw this again while reading every post and comment last night, but I don't have time to find it again. I remember thinking at the time "who cares about bringing charges?! Do what it takes to find Jenny." But he really did/does need LE to get anywhere with the drivers.

Of course he did. He deletes everything, he doesn't want to hear.

Of course he did. He deletes everything, he doesn't want to hear.

Agree. Now let's mull on this.

If she went missing in the states. Then the fbi or police would have subpoenaed her phone and bank records along with her computer / Internet searches.

But since Mexico didn't do that. Than we don't know anything about her pings or atm usage or anything.

Now Jr said she planned on going to Cuba and Ny afterwards.

But poor Jenny had to have Jonathan send her bus fare to make it to Cancun.

So she obviously didn't have her own money handy unless she had a side debit card that him nor us know about.

So my question is. Why hasn't Jr gotten some government to do the forensic digital investigation.

And I am also mad that the U.S haven't done this for him even though they can't physically search for her in Mexico.

Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member