Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I got to see some of Mexico and certainly would want to go back. Not to live in such fear but between this and drinks being tainted you just have to be even more careful...

Thank you for posting the info on Mexico. I forwarded it to my daughters warning them to not to plan any trips to Mexico, specifically Cancun and Cabo San Lucas. They both love to travel and are old enough to make plans on their own. The reports now appear to be drug war shootings in tourist areas during broad daylight as well as reports of alcohol poisoning at some all-inclusive resorts.

Snipped...
...Other tourist areas were also included in the advisory: In Oaxaca, where MarketWatch reporter Emma Court was recently robbed at gunpoint on vacation, government personnel are prohibited from using public transportation or traveling on highways due to carjacking and kidnapping risks. The state department warned carjackings are more frequent on isolated roads at night. State officials also advised tourists to take extra precautions when traveling throughout Quintana Roo, which includes Cancun, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, and Tulum, which has experienced an increase in homicide rates since 2016.

Read more: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-americans-should-steer-clear-of-mexico-2017-08-23

Thanks for this article. Looking at the official advisory for the state of Oaxaca, it's noteworthy that the El Istmo region, the very area where Jenny disappeared, is off limits to U.S. Government personnel at all times, not just after dark as some advisories read. Nor are they allowed to use public transportation in Oaxaca City. I'm not sure how many of the advisories for Mexico are recent and how many were in effect last year when Jenny disappeared, but I know that Mexico has been considered dangerous for some years.

I wonder where JR goes and how he stays safe when he travels to Mexico.

Underlined by me....

Oaxaca (includes Oaxaca, Huatulco, and Puerto Escondido): U.S. government personnel must remain in tourist areas and are not allowed to use public transportation in Oaxaca City. U.S. government personnel are prohibited from traveling on Highway 200 throughout the state, except to transit between the airport in Huatulco to hotels in Puerto Escondido and Huatulco, and they are not permitted to travel to the El Istmo region. The El Istmo region is defined by Highway 185D to the west, Highway 190 to the north, and the Oaxaca/Chiapas border to the east and includes the towns of Juchitan de Zaragoza, Salina Cruz, and San Blas.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/mexico-travel-warning.html

Now JR Is calling for everyone to call Corona's attorney and demand to tell them where they are hiding the suspect JS 'who took Jenny'.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/?fref=nf

What does JR think this is going to accomplish?

Ugh. I am cringing hard.

Why would Corona, a HUGE corporation, risk everything to cover up for a 3rd party delivery driver? JR should probably stop making libelous claims before he gets hit with a lawsuit. Actually, I doubt Corona would even bother feeding into him.

Thanks for this article. Looking at the official advisory for the state of Oaxaca, it's noteworthy that the El Istmo region, the very area where Jenny disappeared, is off limits to U.S. Government personnel at all times, not just after dark as some advisories read. Nor are they allowed to use public transportation in Oaxaca City. I'm not sure how many of the advisories for Mexico are recent and how many were in effect last year when Jenny disappeared, but I know that Mexico has been considered dangerous for some years.

I wonder where JR goes and how he stays safe when he travels to Mexico.

Underlined by me....

Oaxaca (includes Oaxaca, Huatulco, and Puerto Escondido): U.S. government personnel must remain in tourist areas and are not allowed to use public transportation in Oaxaca City. U.S. government personnel are prohibited from traveling on Highway 200 throughout the state, except to transit between the airport in Huatulco to hotels in Puerto Escondido and Huatulco, and they are not permitted to travel to the El Istmo region. The El Istmo region is defined by Highway 185D to the west, Highway 190 to the north, and the Oaxaca/Chiapas border to the east and includes the towns of Juchitan de Zaragoza, Salina Cruz, and San Blas.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/mexico-travel-warning.html
What do you suppose is the reason US government officials are banned from these areas and transportation options? I personally think it's because they don't want to have an all out war against the US, knowing they can't contain or control their unruly criminals. I akin it to something sort of like a warning label..... don't blame us if you get cancer from smoking, since we warned you smoking causes cancer and you chose to smoke anyway.....

Now JR Is calling for everyone to call Corona's attorney and demand to tell them where they are hiding the suspect JS 'who took Jenny'.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/?fref=nf

What does JR think this is going to accomplish?

He seems to think it's an "EFFECTIVE TOOL" (his caps, not mine) for getting action from ones they call. Seriously? How has it helped so far?

He also wants callers to ask the attorney how Corona can protect sex traffickers. The attorney speaks English.

I can't imagine what kind of answers JR really thinks the attorney will provide. This just harassment, which JR made clear when they called Kugar. He's like a mosquito buzzing around an elephant. They will just ignore him or swat him.

What do you suppose is the reason US government officials are banned from these areas and transportation options? I personally think it's because they don't want to have an all out war against the US, knowing they can't contain or control their unruly criminals. I akin it to something sort of like a warning label..... don't blame us if you get cancer from smoking, since we warned you smoking causes cancer and you chose to smoke anyway.....

I imagine that US government employees are sometimes particular symbolic targets of some criminals. Or, the general danger is so high that the government is trying to protect their employees from potential harm. I wonder what the consequences are for a foolhardy US government employee who chooses to ignore the directives that say they are not "allowed" or "permitted" to travel in these areas or use public transportation. Those are strong words. If they are found to be violating these directives would they be demoted or fired? Or is it, as you said, just a "warning label" employees might ignore at their own risk of harm from criminals? Either way, I'd be grateful for the warning and take it seriously if I worked there. And I'd certainly take travel advisories seriously, even though they are more like warning labels than enforceable rules.

TODAY: http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article168743807.html

Who in their right mind would travel to Mexico in today's world? I'm sure Jenny met up with unsavory characters, whomever they might be, and they know they will get away with murder and whatever else, even if they tell others about it. She's just one girl in a sea of murders, and no one anywhere except in Seattle and China is looking for her. IMO, No one down there cares about a Chinese girl who was essentially a transient in their country, attempting to travel across their land while taking advantage of the local people's kindness and generosity. Jenny preyed on their good character, then someone preyed on her, and if anyone knows what happened to her they probably think she had it coming. The mindset down there makes me think they have very little respect for human life, unless it's one of their own.

I do not think a sane, logical person would persist in raising awareness of their missing spouse if they had anything untoward to hide. I don't think JR harmed Jenny, but I do think he lacks a certain amount of tact, charisma and logic in the way he has handled her disappearance.
I travelled to Mexico just last week with my husband and Daughter. We have been visiting the Riviera Maya for years. Fwiw.

Three days after arriving home the state Dept issued this travel advisory. The Cancun and Riviera Maya area of Quintana Roo has always been pretty safe with regular smart precautions taken.
And with this new advisory we will be sure to watch the climate before our next scheduled trip.

Now would I have back packed in the very dangerous regions of Mexico that she did? Not even with an Army of cutthroats and pit bulls. Alone? Suicide. Absolute suicide.
Sorry, not victim blaming. She is either the most clueless adult ive ever read about, or she had a death wish.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I imagine that US government employees are sometimes particular symbolic targets of some criminals. Or, the general danger is so high that the government is trying to protect their employees from potential harm. I wonder what the consequences are for a foolhardy US government employee who chooses to ignore the directives that say they are not "allowed" or "permitted" to travel in these areas or use public transportation. Those are strong words. If they are found to be violating these directives would they be demoted or fired? Or is it, as you said, just a "warning label" employees might ignore at their own risk of harm from criminals? Either way, I'd be grateful for the warning and take it seriously if I worked there. And I'd certainly take travel advisories seriously, even though they are more like warning labels than enforceable rules.
It sounds like the demands are issued by the Mexican govt., not the US govt.

Demonstrations: Demonstrations are common and occur in all parts of Mexico. Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. Protesters in Mexico may block traffic on roads, including major thoroughfares, or take control of toll booths on highways. U.S. citizens are urged to avoid areas of demonstrations, and to exercise caution if in the vicinity of any protests. Travelers who encounter protesters demanding unofficial tolls are generally allowed to pass upon payment. U.S. citizens should avoid participating in demonstrations and other activities that might be deemed political by the authorities as the Mexican Constitution prohibits political activities by foreigners; such actions may result in detention and/or deportation.

Public Transportation/Taxis: When possible, travel by bus only during daylight hours and only by first-class conveyance. Robberies and assaults on passengers in taxis not affiliated with a taxi stand (“libre taxis”) are common. Avoid taking any taxi not summoned by telephone or contacted in advance, including “libre” taxis. When in need of a taxi, telephone a radio taxi or "sitio" (regulated taxi stand), and ask the dispatcher for the driver's name and the taxi's license plate number. Application based car services such as Uber are also available in many larger Mexican cities.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country/mexico.html

Demonstrations: Demonstrations are common and occur in all parts of Mexico. Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. Protesters in Mexico may block traffic on roads, including major thoroughfares, or take control of toll booths on highways. U.S. citizens are urged to avoid areas of demonstrations, and to exercise caution if in the vicinity of any protests. Travelers who encounter protesters demanding unofficial tolls are generally allowed to pass upon payment. U.S. citizens should avoid participating in demonstrations and other activities that might be deemed political by the authorities as the Mexican Constitution prohibits political activities by foreigners; such actions may result in detention and/or deportation.

Public Transportation/Taxis: When possible, travel by bus only during daylight hours and only by first-class conveyance. Robberies and assaults on passengers in taxis not affiliated with a taxi stand (“libre taxis”) are common. Avoid taking any taxi not summoned by telephone or contacted in advance, including “libre” taxis. When in need of a taxi, telephone a radio taxi or "sitio" (regulated taxi stand), and ask the dispatcher for the driver's name and the taxi's license plate number. Application based car services such as Uber are also available in many larger Mexican cities.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country/mexico.html
BBM

I wonder if the Carvan JR went on regarding missing people falls under the prohibition of political activities or participating in a demonstration by foreigners.

A few more details on HFJ about calling Corona's attorney next week...

About 10 people needed, a few to call each day.
Ask how Corona can protect a sex trafficker.
We want to know where he is.
Inform them we will be boycotting Corona.

Goal is to pressure Corona to assist in finding Jenny Chen.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/875772295931149/

So far only three people have responded.

A FB page is linked to "Jenny Chen" in his post that I don't recall seeing before. There are just a few posts from 2013 and three friends...not JR. Her hair is very long.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1054143559&fref=gs&hc_location=group

Wow 10 people boycotting corona, that is really going to put a huge dent in their sales. /s

I still don't see why he's so hateful towards corona unless he wants to sue them. Jenny was allegedly seen talking to a third party trucker who was hauling their products. We don't even know if it's true that she talked to that trucker.

JR really needs a new plan of action.

A few more details on HFJ about calling Corona's attorney next week...

About 10 people needed, a few to call each day.
Ask how Corona can protect a sex trafficker.
We want to know where he is.
Inform them we will be boycotting Corona.

Goal is to pressure Corona to assist in finding Jenny Chen.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/875772295931149/

So far only three people have responded.

A FB page is linked to "Jenny Chen" in his post that I don't recall seeing before. There are just a few posts from 2013 and three friends...not JR. Her hair is very long.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1054143559&fref=gs&hc_location=group

We should call him and ask why he still doesn't even know the drivers home address even though he claimed to be using the go fund me on the private investigator and lawyer that supposedly knew all about the suspect taking polygraphs and being interviewed.

So are we supposed to believe that his lawyer couldn't get this guys home address. But the p.i found the exact home of where Jenny last stayed at?

So imo. JR doesn't really want this information because he should have found this stuff out a long time ago when everyone was feeding him information about the drivers gps, and interviews and polygraph sessions. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme