Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks Lilibet! This article on Tumblr is a translation of some other language no? It is so incoherent and difficult to read lol. I don't understand why Jenny's brother's name would have different last name from her.

I don’t know if it was translated from something other than Chinese, Cherry. If you click on the link in the WS post that is quoted in the post I linked, it leads to a page no longer available that references China as shown below. It seems strange to me too that her brother has a different last name. In the U.S. that would indicate a different father, so could Jenny be the child of a second marriage? I know there’s another reference on the threads to her brother’s name, but I haven’t found it yet.

http://big5.chinaqw.cn/m/hqhr/2016/04-29/86991.shtml

Jenny’s brother’s name is Qun Qun Yu according to this link. You have to scroll down to where it talks about Jenny. I didn’t find any posts by him on thread #1 and I haven’t started on #2 or 3 yet. The link below was on thread #1 and will be on the Media/Social Media Thread I’m preparing to launch when time and energy allow. Almost there. :)

https://happykidtriumph.tumblr.com/post/144324795193/original-title-hungary-weatherman

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...axaca-11-April-2016-1&p=12652802#post12652802
I apologize if I am remembering things wrongly. But I'm certain I translated some online posts from him (maybe not weibo), which also included a lot of flaming comments against Jenny. I may not have linked it because it is against TOS. I wish I had saved the link(s).

Thanks Lilibet! This article on Tumblr is a translation of some other language no? It is so incoherent and difficult to read lol. I don't understand why Jenny's brother's name would have different last name from her.
Could his name be different than written? For example, Qun Qun Yu Chen?

Just to bring it forward, here is that portion of the article.
Chinese women’s swim half lost to Mexico Legal Evening News (Reporter Shi Aihua Li Zhihao) Yesterday the net exposure Chinese-American Chen Qun Dan alone while traveling with his family lost contact in Mexico Legal Evening News (WeChat ID fzwb_52165216) reporter contact their families found Qun Dan has 17 days no audio

Currently the family has made contact with the Chinese Embassy in Mexico the embassy is actively looking but so far we have not found the whereabouts of Chen Qun Dan
Woman lost to Mexico travel alone after April 11 no audio Lost contact with the woman called Dan Qun the English name is called Jenny native of Wenzhou 26-year-old

In the eyes of students University she is a smart courageous girl

After graduation she married her boyfriend and the United States and settled in Seattle

The end of March she decided to challenge yourself to travel so alone open a two and a half trip to Mexico before departure she had an appointment with her husband met in Cancun Mexico April 15 to continue the journey together

However in April 11 Dan Qun but with all your friends and relatives lost contact

According to Dan Qun college classmate introduced her last contact is April 11 when she Oaxaca in Mexico said it plans to use three or four days to ride to join her husband in Cancun
Since then no one could reach her

Qun Qun Yu Dan’s brother introduced her last contact with the family is around April 9 when her mother chatted for a while

Qun Yu and her mother had tried to persuade her sister to go back soon from her circle of friends the feeling is not very safe

Circle of friends had described the woods rider narrowly escaped violations Qun Yu worries are not groundless

According to Chen Qun Dan’s friend said before the group had Dan to Mexico alone hitchhiking in the United States more than a month when the period may be off the sofa and other sites are also airbnb booking local houses local residents are living at home in most cases

Two days ago Dan Qun circle of friends mentioned that when riding in the mountains was nearly two Mexican men drinking violations that jumping on the highway to escape

This allows the family are worried about her trip to Mexico

Family advised her to go home but Dan Qun decided to continue to travel as planned

Her circle of friends said the significance of this trip is to learn to face fear which is more important than the museum or learn about their culture

So I decided to ride from Oaxaca to Cancun Mexico across half

she wrote I know just a bad person will be able to ruin my life but having chosen this path rider it can not therefore resist or negative

Qun Yu suspect she was on the road from Oaxaca to Cancun encountered an unexpected situation

Interrupted Embassy is actively seeking Not currently found whereabouts He told reporters he has contacted the Chinese Embassy in Mexico the current feedback message the group did not find Dan’s whereabouts

Chinese Embassy in Mexico Consular Li Shu morning to accept the Legal Evening News (WeChat ID fzwb_52165216) told reporters that the embassy has been learned about the matter we are now actively looking for the missing woman

But he did not disclose the latest developments of events the latest progress of events we are now only missing persons and their families in close contact

Currently Qun Yu has been published in the online news I hope friends from all over the world to help them find the whereabouts of his sister

Sofa-off about In case of homeowners face marijuana pillow under their own self-defense knives Now when backpackers off the sofa hitchhiking his way live local B & B so challenge theelves advocating freedom to travel more and more popular overseas travel enthusiasts

Reporters on the well-known off the sofa Tours website Couchsurfing and airbnb see there are a lot of Chinese ALICE Through these local software houses and booked a comment evaluate

... It seems strange to me too that her brother has a different last name. In the U.S. that would indicate a different father, so could Jenny be the child of a second marriage? I know there’s another reference on the threads to her brother’s name, but I haven’t found it yet

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...o-Jenny-Chen-26-Oaxaca-11-April-2016-3/page28

Post #406 at the above link has a translation that refers to him as Mr. Chen (same last name as Jenny, whose name is Chen Qun Dan). I've become very leary of machine translations...

Could his name be different than written? For example, Qun Qun Yu Chen?

I was wondering about this too. In Chinese, the family name is written first, so I was thinking maybe Chen Qun Yu

just idle speculation though

Yes, it seems the brother's name is "Chen Qunyu" according to the translation of this linked article. But, does knowing his name help locate contact info for him? http://www.guancha.cn/america/2016_04_29_358637_s.shtml
It might be of more help to others than to me. I felt a responsibility to add whatever I could find, as my respect for the sleuthing abilities of those making the inquiry compelled me to do so.

It might be of more help to others than to me. I felt a responsibility to add whatever I could find, as my respect for the sleuthing abilities of those making the inquiry compelled me to do so.

webant, I'm sorry, I hope I wasn't misinterpreted! I very much appreciate yours and everyone else's input here. I was only sincerely wondering if there now is a way to find him (just as some expert sleuthers (not me, that's for sure--) would now have the know-how to find someone via FB or other social media sometimes just from knowing the name).

webant, I'm sorry, I hope I wasn't misinterpreted! I very much appreciate yours and everyone else's input here. I was only sincerely wondering if there now is a way to find him (just as some expert sleuthers (not me, that's for sure--) would now have the know-how to find someone via FB or other social media sometimes just from knowing the name).
No worries, slowpoke. I didn’t know if you were meaning that with just his name it would be difficult to find his contact info. For me it would. For southlanecherry it might be possible, maybe even fairly straightforward.

No worries, slowpoke. I didn’t know if you were meaning that with just his name it would be difficult to find his contact info. For me it would. For southlanecherry it might be possible, maybe even fairly straightforward.

Thanks! I don't do FB--never had an account--so I don't know how it works. So I am always amazed when people can somehow search and find individuals from the site. :)

WOW, a huge thank you to Lilibet for her very detailed and organized posts on the "Timeline Forum and Media links" for Jenny Chen.

Incredible! I am in awe of you. Sooo helpful. THANK YOU again! :loveyou::happydance:

WOW, a huge thank you to Lilibet for her very detailed and organized posts on the "Timeline Forum and Media links" for Jenny Chen.

Incredible! I am in awe of you. Sooo helpful. THANK YOU again! :loveyou::happydance:

Thank you slowpoke! :blushing: It was a fun challenge. I just came over to link the finished product (links to thread #1 only) and you’re already on it! Since you posted I added Jenny’s important posts on Weibo. I’m not sure if you noticed that I used one of your posts extensively. Very helpful!

I will chip away at threads #2 and #3 (unless someone else is dying to do it) and maybe catch up before we ever get near starting #5. There won’t be as much stuff as #1 except the HFJ posts, the radio interviews, important WS posts and the truck GPS...I think. There certainly hasn’t been much MSM in a long time.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...INE-**NO-DISCUSSION**&p=13645530#post13645530

I hope I can get a stretch of time to sit with all of the stuff you put together, Lilibet.

I linked some images above, but they didn't save. :(. I'll try again.

I hope I can get a stretch of time to sit with all of the stuff you put together, Lilibet.

I linked some images above, but they didn't save. :(. I'll try again.

I noticed the little blank boxes. I hope you can find a way to get them here.

Don’t feel like you need to read the whole thing, Gig! A quick perusal of the Media Thread will show you what’s available for future reference. It’s there for those times we are trying to find an article or other tidbit. I got tired of combing thru three threads! I’m trying to do it chronologically by threads so bear with me, everyone, before posting current stuff. Then it will be a free for all!! :D

The link is not working for some reason... But I did notice the reporter's name is in Chinese so I think if I can take a look at the original Chines text, I can find Jenny's brother's name in Chinese characters, which will be much more helpful. Do you think you could screen shot the article and post it here, Lilibet?

I don’t know if it was translated from something other than Chinese, Cherry. If you click on the link in the WS post that is quoted in the post I linked, it leads to a page no longer available that references China as shown below. It seems strange to me too that her brother has a different last name. In the U.S. that would indicate a different father, so could Jenny be the child of a second marriage? I know there’s another reference on the threads to her brother’s name, but I haven’t found it yet.

http://big5.chinaqw.cn/m/hqhr/2016/04-29/86991.shtml

The link is not working for some reason... But I did notice the reporter's name is in Chinese so I think if I can take a look at the original Chines text, I can find Jenny's brother's name in Chinese characters, which will be much more helpful. Do you think you could screen shot the article and post it here, Lilibet?

Maybe this is the correct link. The date and article number seem to match.

http://www.chinaqw.com/hqhr/2016/04-29/86991.shtml

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
friesandchips