Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Recap:
It has been stated that witness has a video of Jenny on her FB, which I am presuming must have been from when witness spent time with her earlier in Jenny's MX travels, before she disappeared...maybe it was from around Mar 2016?

2016 - Witness joins the HFJ fb page. I don't know when she did, but the fb page was started in Apr 2016.

Feb 2017 - The witness "saw and talked" to Jenny in Zocalo square, Mexico City.

Sept 3 2017 - JR asks witness "please PM me", so I presume this is around the time she reported the Zocalo sighting to JR.

Ok, to state the obvious, in Feb 2017 the sighting is true or it isn't:
The witness saw and talked to Jenny.
Or
The witness saw and talked to someone she believed was Jenny. Or
The witness did not see or talk to such person, yet reported this sighting as having actually taken place.

Thinking of scenarios for the sighting to be believable, in light of the long wait to report it.

It feels like she spent enough time and was familiar enough with Jenny that she would know if it was really her or not in Zocalo. She saw AND talked to her, is the claim. So, what did the witness tell JR? One scenario: That she believed it was Jenny, but Jenny acted as if she didn't know her, so she doubted herself and that's why she didn't report it right away, maybe?

If a sighting is made up, it's because for some reason the person wants others to believe the information is true. What reasons would one want to do that? Wanting to give JR hope, albeit based on false information? Make themselves feel like a important person? Or can a mind come to truly believe that a meeting happened, when it really did not, maybe for desiring it to be true so strongly? Reward?

Recap:
It has been stated that witness has a video of Jenny on her FB, which I am presuming must have been from when witness spent time with her earlier in Jenny's MX travels, before she disappeared...maybe it was from around Mar 2016?

2016 - Witness joins the HFJ fb page. I don't know when she did, but the fb page was started in Apr 2016.

Feb 2017 - The witness "saw and talked" to Jenny in Zocalo square, Mexico City.

Sept 3 2017 - JR asks witness "please PM me", so I presume this is around the time she reported the Zocalo sighting to JR.

Ok, to state the obvious, in Feb 2017 the sighting is true or it isn't:
The witness saw and talked to Jenny.
Or
The witness saw and talked to someone she believed was Jenny. Or
The witness did not see or talk to such person, yet reported this sighting as having actually taken place.

Thinking of scenarios for the sighting to be believable, in light of the long wait to report it.

It feels like she spent enough time and was familiar enough with Jenny that she would know if it was really her or not in Zocalo. She saw AND talked to her, is the claim. So, what did the witness tell JR? One scenario: That she believed it was Jenny, but Jenny acted as if she didn't know her, so she doubted herself and that's why she didn't report it right away, maybe?

If a sighting is made up, it's because for some reason the person wants others to believe the information is true. What reasons would one want to do that? Wanting to give JR hope, albeit based on false information? Make themselves feel like a important person? Or can a mind come to truly believe that a meeting happened, when it really did not, maybe for desiring it to be true so strongly? Reward?
BBM

Yes, to confirm what you wrote...There is a brief video of the witness and Jenny together posted “about a year ago” hoping she is OK and a closeup photo of Jenny and a teasing comment about it her within the first two weeks of March 2016 (when I assume the video was taken). The witness joined the FB group in early May. So the witness would have had no trouble recognizing her face and her voice if they spoke in February.

As to her reasons for waiting to report it, and why she would report it if it wasn’t true, you’ve covered it well.

So the witness never asked her what happened to Cuba and New York nor Cancun when they seen Jenny again in February?

I still think JR reminds me of Daisy's moms that use to post on Websleuths before we found out that they knew their daughter Daisy was alive and well and married with children. While acting like their daughter was a missing model turned druggie and possibly killed by an ex.

So the witness never asked her what happened to Cuba and New York nor Cancun when they seen Jenny again in February?

I still think JR reminds me of Daisy's moms that use to post on Websleuths before we found out that they knew their daughter Daisy was alive and well and married with children. While acting like their daughter was a missing model turned druggie and possibly killed by an ex.

I don't know who that is, but what on earth motivated that behavior?!

I just went looking for that Daisy thread, Dex. I kind of remember it. How do I find it?

I just went looking for that Daisy thread, Dex. I kind of remember it. How do I find it?

Yes maam. It was definitely deleted. People donated time and help on that. Then she blamed Tricia for giving the news that her daughter was located. Things started getting ugly. I truly hope she (the mother) is okay though.

JR posted a last known video of Jenny that I believe is from the witness, taken before Jenny disappeared. Can someone report back here what the video is about? Any useful information?

(I am unable to access the HFJ site fully, so am unable to view the video.)

JR posted a last known video of Jenny that I believe is from the witness, taken before Jenny disappeared. Can someone report back here what the video is about? Any useful information?

(I am unable to access the HFJ site fully, so am unable to view the video.)

The witness is speaking laughingly to the camera and I can’t understand what she is saying. It sort of sounds like “lady bird.” Jenny is in the background focused on her phone. Suddenly she looks at the camera and grins. That’s all. They appear to be in a public place. The video is only 6-7 seconds and in a repeating loop. The witness posted it on May 4 as part of a plea for information about Jenny. Here is the link.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/906014136240298/

ETA: The more I listen to the video, I think she is trying to get Jenny’s attention by saying “lady bird” or whatever it is. Maybe it’s a nickname for Jenny.

The witness is speaking laughingly to the camera and I can’t understand what she is saying. It sort of sounds like “lady bird.” Jenny is in the background focused on her phone. Suddenly she looks at the camera and grins. That’s all. They appear to be in a public place. The video is only 6-7 seconds and in a repeating loop. The witness posted it on May 4 as part of a plea for information about Jenny. Here is the link.

Thanks, Lilibet, you're quick! I think this witness did spend a good amount of time with Jenny. The picture that was in the comments under now-deleted post seemed to be a different time than this one. On that pic Jenny was on a "pumabus". The caption was in Spanish, but translated to something like this: "Like when they look at your American friend weird because she does not know how to eat tacos de canasta and because she does not stop eating even though the pumabus is full." So, it seems like they were friends by what we see.

So do I have this right? This video was taken a month after Jenny went missing? Is the video date a fact or is JR speculating thats when it was taken?

So do I have this right? This video was taken a month after Jenny went missing? Is the video date a fact or is JR speculating thats when it was taken?

I’m pretty sure it was taken earlier and not posted until she went missing. I don’t think JR is speculating that it was taken later.

<respectfully snipped for space>

ETA: The more I listen to the video, I think she is trying to get Jenny’s attention by saying “lady bird” or whatever it is. Maybe it’s a nickname for Jenny.

Not overly relevant, but she's saying, "Jennifer." Although it does confirm a conversation I seem to be remembering on whether Jenny went by the full form of her English name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounded to me she was saying "Jennifer".

Yes maam. It was definitely deleted. People donated time and help on that. Then she blamed Tricia for giving the news that her daughter was located. Things started getting ugly. I truly hope she (the mother) is okay though.
I think it ended up that Daisy's mom had been cut off by her daughter, and she used WS to flush Daisy out so they could reconnect. I'm sure Daisy herself asked to have the thread removed. It was all lies (and the deep probing had to feel invasive).

<snipped for relevanc>
Another possibility to make it up is to force JR to take his attention off Corona. Whether or not that was intentional, it was the result. Would a person such as that Witness get threatened or take a pay off from Mexican LE or a Corona rep in order to get JR to shift focus?

Another possibility to make it up is to force JR to take his attention off Corona. Whether or not that was intentional, it was the result. Would a person such as that Witness get threatened or take a pay off from Mexican LE or a Corona rep in order to get JR to shift focus?

Yes, that&#8217;s what I&#8217;ve been wondering. I&#8217;ve tried looking on her FB friends for some connection to the driver or Corona or Kugar, but it&#8217;s like looking for a needle in a haystack. I think, rather than being threatened or bribed, she would have to be a friend of someone to do this.

My latest thought is that she either is, or is a friend of, the college student (and family) Jenny stayed with for several days too long and wrote so disparagingly about. If it only came to the attention of the witness recently, it might be a motive for revenge of sorts. Far-fetched again, and I haven&#8217;t found anything definite and couldn&#8217;t bring it here even if I had.

Not overly relevant, but she's saying, "Jennifer." Although it does confirm a conversation I seem to be remembering on whether Jenny went by the full form of her English name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for decifering it! To me, the fact that Jenny didn&#8217;t look up immediately indicates that she didn&#8217;t normally go by Jennifer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back