Mexico Mexico - Rebecca Coriam, 24, Disney Cruise Employee, Coast of Mexico, 22 March 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One of the interesting things from that article was that it says "her credit card was used two months after her disappearance.".. I didn't think i'd heard this before - had anyone else?

Well everyone, it has now been over 6 years since Rebecca Coriam has gone missing. I was wondering if we could have a conversation about our theories now that it has been so long. I am going to post my own and my boyfriend's. I want to make clear that I have no intention of being disrespectful. None of us knew Rebecca, we were not there that night, so these are only theories us strangers have as to what *could have* happened that night. The only people who *may possibly* know what happened for sure that night are Disney, LE, Rebecca's coworkers and/or family.

With that being said.....

My Theory:
I think Rebecca may have committed suicide and I will explain why.

Again, I did not know her or her temperament. But it is *possible* that she was depressed on the ship, either generally or a certain event triggered it. I believe she made that phone call to her friend saying cryptic things that could have implied she was going to do something drastic (not necessarily saying she was going to commit suicide). It's possible she told her friend her facebook password and to change it if anything happened to her. Then the friend was able to calm her down and Rebecca might have said she promised not to do anything and she felt better.

Then I personally believe Rebecca somehow got over the railing a little bit later and jumped off.

I feel this is further confirmed by the password change. Nothing more is said from the family or LE. Nor is the credit card situation (which I do believe was simply an automatic bill payment.)

I feel the family could either be in denial about such facts or are being kept in the dark to prevent what is perceived by some people to be a "bad stigma" of suicide, especially Rebecca's coworkers. Disney I feel might be withholding information for publicity and the coworkers might feel like this could be a good idea just to spare her family pain since they think she might be alive anyways (not saying any of this is right, just saying this could be a possibility). LE might also want to spare the family pain, especially when they don't have any concrete evidence of anything to do with Rebecca so far as we know.

My Boyfriends Theory.
His is short and simple - he thinks Rebecca left at a port.

He believes Rebecca also might have been depressed about something or maybe hiding something big from her family. She possibly entrusted this information with a coworker or two and left of her own accord.

She could have hid/got ready in the following hours after she was last sighted on the ship and simply slipped away at the port unnoticed. Her coworkers could be covering for her this whole time, once again confirmed by the facebook password change. Disney might not be giving anymore information because they simply may not *have* any more information other than what they already provided. And they can't positively say possibly that she wasn't murdered or anything so they want to keep it quiet since they may not know.

He thinks the credit card activity could have been her from one of the towns withdrawing some last cash (I personally think this would be too suspicious for LE/family not to look into but this is his theory lol). He thinks there's a good possibility she is living the life she wants somewhere in the Caribbean away from her family as a new person.

What do you all think?

Well everyone, it has now been over 6 years since Rebecca Coriam has gone missing. I was wondering if we could have a conversation about our theories now that it has been so long. I am going to post my own and my boyfriend's. I want to make clear that I have no intention of being disrespectful. None of us knew Rebecca, we were not there that night, so these are only theories us strangers have as to what *could have* happened that night. The only people who *may possibly* know what happened for sure that night are Disney, LE, Rebecca's coworkers and/or family.

My Theory:

Again, I did not know her or her temperament. But it is *possible* that she was depressed on the ship, either generally or a certain event triggered it. I believe she made that phone call to her friend saying cryptic things that could have implied she was going to do something drastic (not necessarily saying she was going to commit suicide). It's possible she told her friend her facebook password and to change it if anything happened to her. Then the friend was able to calm her down and Rebecca might have said she promised not to do anything and she felt better.

Then I personally believe Rebecca somehow got over the railing a little bit later and jumped off.

I feel this is further confirmed by the password change. Nothing more is said from the family or LE. Nor is the credit card situation (which I do believe was simply an automatic bill payment.)

I feel the family could either be in denial about such facts or are being kept in the dark to prevent what is perceived by some people to be a "bad stigma" of suicide, especially Rebecca's coworkers. Disney I feel might be withholding information for publicity and the coworkers might feel like this could be a good idea just to spare her family pain since they think she might be alive anyways (not saying any of this is right, just saying this could be a possibility). LE might also want to spare the family pain, especially when they don't have any concrete evidence of anything to do with Rebecca so far as we know.

My Boyfriends Theory.

He believes Rebecca also might have been depressed about something or maybe hiding something big from her family. She possibly entrusted this information with a coworker or two and left of her own accord.

She could have hid/got ready in the following hours after she was last sighted on the ship and simply slipped away at the port unnoticed. Her coworkers could be covering for her this whole time, once again confirmed by the facebook password change. Disney might not be giving anymore information because they simply may not *have* any more information other than what they already provided. And they can't positively say possibly that she wasn't murdered or anything so they want to keep it quiet since they may not know.

He thinks the credit card activity could have been her from one of the towns withdrawing some last cash (I personally think this would be too suspicious for LE/family not to look into but this is his theory lol). He thinks there's a good possibility she is living the life she wants somewhere in the Caribbean away from her family as a new person.

What do you all think?

Gosh, I don't know. Except that, considering your specific theory, if I were LE I might at some point want to have a conversation with you. Maybe you should contact LE yourself. Who knows if it could be beneficial for Rebecca's family to have some closure. JMO

My Theory:

My Boyfriends Theory.

What do you all think?

I think it's a difficult one to call. But generally I do agree with you PinkPrincessPoop - I have read a few articles that implied she was depressed and unhappy (although as you say, I'm not intending any disrespect, merely giving my opinion based on what I have read) and I'm sure working on board the ship must have been stressful at times. I've read crew members from Disney cruises talk about their experiences and the overall impression is that you are in the depths of the ship in a tiny cabin. The phone call was probably because she was feeling upset (I've read somewhere it was an argument but I don't know how that could be proved).

I think she either jumped, or fell. I think Disney did wrong in covering it up, but their reasons for doing so was that they didn't want it known that someone had killed themselves on the boat, or that a crew member had had an accident. I don't think there was any wrong doing by anyone else, nor do I think Disney were trying to protect someone, just themselves.

It does make me very angry to think how much evidence they destroyed though - surely the family deserves more than that?

I think her friend said Rebecca used to sit up on the bow rail of the ship, and that it felt freeing to be up there (since they are stuck on the ship... they were able to feel unconfined for a little while...)

I think she went up there to process information and either fell or jumped off...

Just my 2 cents. I haven't sleuthed her case very well...

Thanks, Daily Fail, for yet another non article.

It was well-known Rebecca was gay/bisexual and in a threesome relationship.

So now her parents accuse the other two of murder? A la Meredith Kercher?

I'm not feeling it...

The bottom line is-- most man over board victims are never found. I'm sure the lawmakers hope there is evidence to point to her fate. I doubt there is.

I'm sure her parents are gutted and their minds go to dark places....

"Melissa has her own theory. “Bex was a bit of a risk taker. She was always pouring soap over people. Classic Bex. I was welcoming a family on board one time and she came over and rugby tackled me to the ground!”

Melissa thinks she went to the crew pool at 6am to be alone, with no intention of harming herself. “She loved deck 5. It’s where we always used to go. I bet she climbed on to the wall and sat on the ledge in a ‘I need to feel like I’m off the ship for a second’ way. She wouldn’t have thought, ‘It’s very high. I might fall.’ She’d have just sat on it and thought, ‘Oh crap. What have I done?’ And fell.” She pauses. “Security on that ship is ultra-tight. You can’t get on or off without your ID card. Down by the crew pool there’s HR offices, the crew gym, the crew office that deals with passports, money, documentation. And they’re saying there’s no CCTV cameras?”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2011/nov/11/rebecca-coriam-lost-at-sea

I'd like to add that pouring soap over people and rugby tackling people is not normal behavior.

Gosh, I don't know. Except that, considering your specific theory, if I were LE I might at some point want to have a conversation with you. Maybe you should contact LE yourself. Who knows if it could be beneficial for Rebecca's family to have some closure. JMO

That is an odd reply.

The cctv image are disturbing to me :(

Is she wearing clothing that's atypical?

Is the shorts ripped in the front true/been confirmed?

Was she raped then took her own life in the immediate distress overload, or the attacker tracked her down and got rid of her...?

Any chance there's a human trafficking angle here? Either a successful snatch or an attempt that ended in dumping her overboard? It just feels like there is an air of "crime of opportunity" here. A young woman wandering the deck alone at extremely late hours. Not to mention the possibility of some degree of inebriation can't be ruled out. Seems quite reasonable it would have been a struggle.

Any chance there's a human trafficking angle here? Either a successful snatch or an attempt that ended in dumping her overboard? It just feels like there is an air of "crime of opportunity" here. A young woman wandering the deck alone at extremely late hours. Not to mention the possibility of some degree of inebriation can't be ruled out. Seems quite reasonable it would have been a struggle.

I think the only problem with this angle would be where would she have been kept? By all accounts the crew section on a cruise ship is notoriously tiny, and if she had been hidden in a passenger cabin, then surely someone might have seen something? And it would be hard to get her off the ship. Not saying it isn't possible Indy55 but I think it's more likely she went overboard. JMO

Missing Disney cruise worker, 24, ‘was left traumatised by threesome with colleagues just hours before she disappeared from ship’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rker-traumatised-threesome.html#ixzz4ozPK8gOl

42FB297C00000578-4763192-image-m-31_1501922649019.jpg

She was last seen in CCTV footage on the ship, pictured, wearing men's clothing and looking distressed, holding her head in her hands

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/girlfriend-british-woman-who-vanished-11016694

Not to be judgemental but....

Snipped & BBM
[FONT=&quot]Yesterday Rebecca’s mum said they were unable to comment on the case. Disney were asked to comment but did not respond before we went to press.

[/FONT]
Early 2013[FONT=&quot] Rebecca’s parents indicate they will sue Disney.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]2015 The Coriams settle out of court with Disney for an undisclosed sum at some point in 2015 and agree not to publicly discuss the case[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]■ Why did Disney want to settle out of court? And why did Rebecca’s parents agree to do this if they suspect foul play?[/FONT]

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/girlfriend-british-woman-who-vanished-11016694

Not to be judgemental but....

Snipped & BBM
[FONT=&amp]Yesterday Rebecca’s mum said they were unable to comment on the case. Disney were asked to comment but did not respond before we went to press.

[/FONT]
Early 2013[FONT=&amp] Rebecca’s parents indicate they will sue Disney.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]2015 The Coriams settle out of court with Disney for an undisclosed sum at some point in 2015 and agree not to publicly discuss the case[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]■ Why did Disney want to settle out of court? And why did Rebecca’s parents agree to do this if they suspect foul play?[/FONT]

I've literally been wondering the same thing. Perhaps, they know more than they're releasing to public?

Also curious as to why the "Friends of Rebecca" page is now either deleted or set to private? I would think that would be a great way for them to keep Rebecca's name in the public.

While doing some research on Facebook I have found that it looks like someone had added a family member to her Facebook in 2015. Which seems strange considering the family stated that they were locked out of her facebook and didn't have access.

Lastly, when you search her name on Facebook two Rebecca Coriam's show up. The main one with all of her friends/family and her pics and then there is another one that comes up but this one doesn't have pics, details, or anything. Just two mutual friends from the main Rebecca page.

All of the above are MOO and IMO.

I have read the TOS and I am pretty sure this should all be fine, but if not please remove the comment.

Thinking of Rebecca, her family, and friends deeply today as today marks 7 years since Rebecca's disappearance. Hoping this will be the year they get answers as to what has happened to their loved one.
db248b5d580c78028929ec1d142b8167.jpg
d84a8eac9b2dc717e02383feefed637f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member