Mexico - Shanquella Robinson, 25, American, Beaten to death in apparent “femicide”, San Jose del Cabo, 28 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In one of her father's interviews, he said he noticed swelling, a knot on her head and a busted lip.
Thanks.

I got to see some more of the mother's interview, and she said similar. She also said that the friends did tell her about all the medical activity. I saw a news broadcast with the timeline, and it indicated that the mother had spoken to Shanquella Saturday. So if that's accurate, I guess it all happened after that. I assume that it happened in the morning, just judging from how the skyline looked through the terrace doors.

Another person who was observing the video said it seemed as if the others in the room, the ones filming, were blocking the exit. So she had to go through her assailant or through them to get out of the room. I have to look at a diagram of the room to be sure of that, but it sounds plausible that people would gather near the door, even if not intentionally blocking it.

It adds a new level of horror if they were intentionally blocking it.

Below is the timeline video. I don't recall where I saw the mother's interview.

Also, I don't know the best way to put this, but....

In watching the attack video, I hate to say it because it sounds bad, but the assailant doesn't seem to be putting her all into punching and kicking SR. Like I said, I know it sounds bad, but the reason I say this is because I don't think what she did in that video -- that we can see -- caused the injuries SR sustained. There is either more to this video or maybe other people, feeling that the first assailant wasn't getting the job done, decided to jump in and do worse.

Am I making sense?

Just my observations. I hope I don't sound callous because what we see is bad enough. I just don't think what we see caused her injuries.

I also wonder about the charges against whoever did this because SR was alive for a period of time after sustaining the beatings. Does Mexico have manslaughter or is it murder or femicide even if time passed before the death? And I wonder if a defense attorney might argue that the doctor should have sent for an ambulance. The defense might argue that the Cabo 6 did call for help, and it was medical incompetence that caused the death.

Now, I'm not defending these people. I feel that whoever did it or filmed it or let it happen needs to be held accountable. I'm just working through what might possibly be said or proved in this case.

I wonder how they prove the case against the one in the video without there being more video to show exactly how spinal and neck injuries occurred. I have not been privy to another video showing more of the attack.

Last edited:
LE need to confiscate all of their phones and look for the possibly deleted footage.
Disgusting monsters who murdered this woman .
I wonder if they weren't that close, the friends, and if they lured her there ?

Rest in gentle peace, Shanquella !
My utmost condolences to her grieving loved ones !

Also, I don't know the best way to put this, but....

In watching the attack video, I hate to say it because it sounds bad, but the assailant doesn't seem to be putting her all into punching and kicking SR. Like I said, I know it sounds bad, but the reason I say this is because I don't think what she did in that video -- that we can see -- caused the injuries SR sustained. There is either more to this video or maybe other people, feeling that the first assailant wasn't getting the job done, decided to jump in and do worse.

Am I making sense?
Yes I would agree but watch the video again. Two things I noticed. One when she knocked her back onto the bed there is a wooden frame. The corner could have injured her spine. Then watch the way she grabs her and spins her by the head/neck area. This is definitely enough she basically decapitated her internally.

Yes I would agree but watch the video again. Two things I noticed. One when she knocked her back onto the bed there is a wooden frame. The corner could have injured her spine. Then watch the way she grabs her and spins her by the head/neck area. This is definitely enough she basically decapitated her internally.

Could be. Another thing I wanted to add since you mentioned the bed. I don't think SR or anyone else slept in that bed. We have a video of one of the Cabo 6 videoing her while she slept in a hammock. If you look out the terrace, that hammock is there. I wonder if SR spent Friday night in that hammock.

I'll look again at SR's movements as she struggled. I would expect her to cry out in pain for something like that, but maybe not.

Sometimes adrenaline will mask severe injury. Maybe she was so scared, she didn’t at first react to the injury by crying out.

I am still curious where these videos were located? Were they stupid enough to post them?

I think there is underestimated damage that is caused by repeated blows to someone. This attack on someone’s head and neck area absolutely imo could cause spine separation. Take a moment and feel your own spinal neck area. It isn’t titanium.

I think there is underestimated damage that is caused by repeated blows to someone. This attack on someone’s head and neck area absolutely imo could cause spine separation. Take a moment and feel your own spinal neck area. It isn’t titanium.

I don't think anyone said it was titanium. I said I don't see -- in this short footage -- where she had her spine severed or neck broken. I am not a doctor, but I'm assuming she wouldn't be able to sit up or hold her head up with those types of injuries. Maybe she can sit there like that and operate her limbs with a broken neck and severed back. IDK.

If others think she can sit up-right and hold her head steady with a broken spine and neck, I respect that, but I'm of a different opinion. I think there were further beatings.

There could even be beatings before this video.

Last edited:
I am somehow missing where she hits the corner of the bed. You have a timestamp from the video to help me locate it? Thanks!

ETA

I found a video on twitter to watch in the slowest motion possible, and what I see is the assailant hugs her around her head and shoulders and spins her. Her butt hits the floor in front of the corner of the bed. I don't see her body actually hit that corner.

What strikes me is that, at the start of this video, SR doesn't wear a hair bonnet or wrap and her hair is messy while the assailant is wearing one. Being African American and female myself, I can say from experience, it's common that we wrap up our hair at night. So I wonder where SR's hair wrap or bonnet is when this video starts. Of course, it's always possible that she'd been too drunk the night before not to wear one, but that is also a clue because the assailant had the presence of mind to put one on her head.

Or, it could be that SR' hair bonnet has already been snatched off her head before the start of the segment of video we see.

Last edited:
Past summer my FIL fractured his shoulder and neck. They didn't realise about his neck at the hospital, they treated his shoulder and sent him home. Next day he returned to the hospital and they discovered the other injury. He was instantly given one of those head cage thingies and it still makes us shiver to think what could have happened. I assume something similar happened to Shanquella.

My heart truly breaks for Shanquella and her family. I haven't stopped thinking about this case. This was so brutal, she must have been terrified. I can't imagine what their defense will be.

I don't think anyone said it was titanium. I said I don't see -- in this short footage -- where she had her spine severed or neck broken. I am not a doctor, but I'm assuming she wouldn't be able to sit up or hold her head up with those types of injuries. Maybe she can sit there like that and operate her limbs with a broken neck and severed back. IDK.

If others think she can sit up-right and hold her head steady with a broken spine and neck, I respect that, but I'm of a different opinion. I think there were further beatings.

There could even be beatings before this video.
I agree with you. I think there was more violence directed towards her than that one video. It really upsets me.

When I was in the first grade, I had a group of neighborhood friends. We always played together. Then one day, one of the older girls turned on me and started bullying me out of the blue. After awhile, the others joined in and I had no idea why they were all being so mean. I remember being so confused and hurt by that situation and it was nothing at all compared to this. I cannot even imagine how betrayed and gobsmacked this poor woman must have felt. It's so sad and senseless.

I agree with you. I think there was more violence directed towards her than that one video. It really upsets me.

When I was in the first grade, I had a group of neighborhood friends. We always played together. Then one day, one of the older girls turned on me and started bullying me out of the blue. After awhile, the others joined in and I had no idea why they were all being so mean. I remember being so confused and hurt by that situation and it was nothing at all compared to this. I cannot even imagine how betrayed and gobsmacked this poor woman must have felt. It's so sad and senseless.

Sorry that happened to you. It can be very disconcerting and it can affect your view of the world growing up.

I'm wondering about whether the confrontation we see cooled down, allowing SR to get dressed, and then maybe it escalated elsewhere in the house, which might be the reason she was in a common area of the house when the doctor arrived.

I have been wondering, since she was naked in this first confrontation, if it coolled down to allow her to dress or if these people dressed her while she was with a broken neck and back. I can't imagine them handling her that way to dress her was anything but detrimental to her spine.

A few observations that I wanted to share. Some people have mentioned that based on the light coming into the room that it was likely morning in the video circulating. However, based on the autopsy results, what Nazeer said, and even the police report, something happened and or people arrived around 3:00 pm. So, why would they have still be in their pajamas at 2-3pm on a birthday/vacation getaway? What was the initial plan for the day? Could the initial video have occurred in the morning, then something else happened later on in the day in which the back injuries occurred?

Also, was this Shanquella's room where this fight occurred. Many have speculated that she paid for the trip and that she ended up in the larger suite. However, why would she have paid for a villa that she was invited to? Also, on the Cabovillas website it shows that there are multiple king-size suites in this villa. It would make sense that the birthday girl would have been in the nicest suite. Could Shanquella have walked into this room naked? We know that she slept naked and felt very comfortable with her body.

Additionally, all the speculation about Shanquella having $6000 or $17000 stolen is ludicrous. Most people don't carry that kind of cash on a trip abroad, especially not to Mexico. Most things can be paid for with credit cards. And, whether she was a small business owner or not, most 25 year olds don't have $20k just lying around or even in an account.

A few observations that I wanted to share. Some people have mentioned that based on the light coming into the room that it was likely morning in the video circulating. However, based on the autopsy results, what Nazeer said, and even the police report, something happened and or people arrived around 3:00 pm. So, why would they have still be in their pajamas at 2-3pm on a birthday/vacation getaway? What was the initial plan for the day? Could the initial video have occurred in the morning, then something else happened later on in the day in which the back injuries occurred?

Also, was this Shanquella's room where this fight occurred. Many have speculated that she paid for the trip and that she ended up in the larger suite. However, why would she have paid for a villa that she was invited to? Also, on the Cabovillas website it shows that there are multiple king-size suites in this villa. It would make sense that the birthday girl would have been in the nicest suite. Could Shanquella have walked into this room naked? We know that she slept naked and felt very comfortable with her body.

Additionally, all the speculation about Shanquella having $6000 or $17000 stolen is ludicrous. Most people don't carry that kind of cash on a trip abroad, especially not to Mexico. Most things can be paid for with credit cards. And, whether she was a small business owner or not, most 25 year olds don't have $20k just lying around or even in an account.
Regarding any cash stolen, that can be cleared up via investigators, as you have to declare how much cash you have when you travel to Mexico. Her mother said in an interview that they used her credit card to pay for their hotel rooms and expedited flights back, after killing her (they decided to leave early). Her mother alleged that this cost just over $10,000, which is believable to me (last minute international flights are expensive!). If this is proven to be true, those involved can face criminal charges here in the US For theft, credit card fraud, etc.

It is not easy to sever a spine, but it is easy to do major and/or fatal damage with the right blow in the right place at the right time. One punch can kill. It can and it has.

That said, I am confident there is additional video, and additional evidence of the violence.

So so sad for those who love this beautiful woman.

And sad to know that this behavior and total disregard for life and inhumanity continues... perpetuated...

I'm not sure who said they were still in their PJs at 2 or 3 pm. But if they were, it wouldn't surprise me if they stayed in PJs because there was an even bigger concern at that point -- someone they seriously messed up. That, to me, would be a reason not to worry about dressing for the day. That's just my opinion, but I hadn't heard they hadn't put on day clothes.

I do agree that something else occurred after the fight in the room with the hammock on the terrace. I conclude that it's her room because I saw her in another video sleeping on a hammock. Other rooms could also have hammocks. The news, who had the floor plans for the house, reported that this was the master suite.

I don't know if she was comfortable sleeping naked or not. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure who said they were still in their PJs at 2 or 3 pm. But if they were, it wouldn't surprise me if they stayed in PJs because there was an even bigger concern at that point -- someone they seriously messed up. That, to me, would be a reason not to worry about dressing for the day. That's just my opinion, but I hadn't heard they hadn't put on day clothes.

I do agree that something else occurred after the fight in the room with the hammock on the terrace. I conclude that it's her room because I saw her in another video sleeping on a hammock. Other rooms could also have hammocks. The news, who had the floor plans for the house, reported that this was the master suite.

I don't know if she was comfortable sleeping naked or not. I heard rumors.
Her family I believe confirmed that she sleeps naked. They attacked her while she was in bed, from what I can tell. She didn't stand a chance.

I am somehow missing where she hits the corner of the bed. You have a timestamp from the video to help me locate it? Thanks!

ETA

I found a video on twitter to watch in the slowest motion possible, and what I see is the assailant hugs her around her head and shoulders and spins her. Her butt hits the floor in front of the corner of the bed. I don't see her body actually hit that corner.

What strikes me is that, at the start of this video, SR doesn't wear a hair bonnet or wrap and her hair is messy while the assailant is wearing one. Being African American and female myself, I can say from experience, it's common that we wrap up our hair at night. So I wonder where SR's hair wrap or bonnet is when this video starts. Of course, it's always possible that she'd been too drunk the night before not to wear one, but that is also a clue because the assailant had the presence of mind to put one on her head.

Or, it could be that SR' hair bonnet has already been snatched off her head before the start of the segment of video we see.
You are correct and I did not see what I imagined. I still think damage was done in this video. She is not sitting up IMO. I believe she is slumped forward and her legs are split wide supporting her weight.

Shanquella's hair was perfect the night before with "baby hairs" & a long curly wig that is not in the assault video. It may be her real hair it's hard to tell. I think there is a fight before this one because I can not fathom someone touching her after this.

I am glad that article put "friends" in quotes.

With "friends" like those, you don't need enemies.

Would US LE be able to do anything officially here in the US since (I assume) the assaulters and victim are US citizens? But the assault and death occurred in Mexico? Or would Mexico have to decide to pursue a case and try to get the perps extradited to Mexico?
q anon dad was deffo charged federally in US for killing his babies in rosarito.

They can be prosecuted in America for death of an American citizen abroad like in this case:

and this one

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back