MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only seen the Oxford High School principal's name mentioned once in local and/or national media reports. Steven Wolf has never made a public statement regarding the shooting incident.

Odd, isn't it? Wonder if he went to any of the vigils or the other gatherings?

To give him the benefit of the doubt, he may not have been up to it emotionally.

Is it possible they could get reduced bail or get out?

Eta with no law on this what could they be held on?

There is no law in my state to lock up poisons, but depending on the circumstances, I could be brought up on charges for leaving poisons where a child could reach them in a reckless way. I don't see how "there is no law against storing antifreeze in the fridge in a reused juice bottle," is going to take me to acquittal on all charges if my child drank it and died.

Last edited:
I feel like the parents case is more….challenging? It’s got the gun law stuff all wrapped up in it, so these attorneys are willing to take on that challenge. Unfortunately EC’s case might not be as challenging so not as much interest for pro bono representation? Just speculation….
I feel at this time, the parents cases are purely a distraction. Nothing should take the focus off EC and his victims. I hope these crimes can be separated and proper attention be paid to each of them.
I'm glad the parents were charged. It's way too common for them not to be. MOO

Odd, isn't it? Wonder if he went to any of the vigils or the other gatherings?

To give him the benefit of the doubt, he may not have been up to it emotionally.

School personnel and Board of Education members have probably been advised by their respective legal representatives to not speak publicly or issue statements about the case. If I were a parent whose children attended Oxford High School, I'd want to hear from the administration and school board members. JMO

I do find it interesting that the parents hired attorneys for themselves but their son has a court appointed one. Wondering what type of arrangment the parents attorney's agreed to for compensation?

The parents could have court appointed attorneys that are in private practice.

I'm following a case where all 4 defendants have attorneys in private practice but they are indigent and court appointed.

Private practice attorneys take State cases sometimes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211206-135627.png
    Screenshot_20211206-135627.png
    193.9 KB · Views: 25
Man—the kids’ anger in this school and EC’s parents’ anger (indicated by her letter to Trump) really reflects our country at the moment. IMO So divisive and angry. It’s really sad.

I agree we don’t know he was actually bullied. It wouldn’t surprise me, but sometimes kids aren’t directly bullied, but they just feel like they don’t fit in. Sometimes for good reason b/c high school is hard and kids can be mean. It seems to me there was a general angry vibe both at his school and his home.

I still get an injustice collector vibe for Ethan and his parents. Imo, injustice collectors see themselves as victims of their circumstances. And it is usually not validated. I see these types as not taking personal responsibility for the positions they put themselves in. For instance, due to their own fault, many are probably not likeable, off putting, and don't have many friends. They do not fit in because they are odd. I wouldn't blame my kid for not wanting to be friends with someone like that either. Of course the injustice collector would blame that on me and my kid.

Imo, The narrative for too long has been, oh, that poor shooter was bullied into it. I don't buy it. That line of thinking needs to change.

Imo, shooting up a school sounds like what a bully would do.

Moo.

I still get an injustice collector vibe for Ethan and his parents. Imo, injustice collectors see themselves as victims of their circumstances. And it is usually not validated. I see these types as not taking personal responsibility for the positions they put themselves in. For instance, due to their own fault, many are probably not likeable, off putting, and don't have many friends. They do not fit in because they are odd. I wouldn't blame my kid for not wanting to be friends with someone like that either. Of course the injustice collector would blame that on me and my kid.

Imo, The narrative for too long has been, oh, that poor shooter was bullied into it. I don't buy it. That line of thinking needs to change.

Moo.
Agree, "victims of circumstance"is a common narrative with no personal responsibility, injustice collectors is a great term for it, always looking for opportunity to blame others.

The parents could have court appointed attorneys that are in private practice.

I'm following a case where all 4 defendants have attorneys in private practice but they are indigent and court appointed.

Private practice attorneys take State cases sometimes.
In Texas the Bar did require an accredited attorney serve as a court appointed. This was the case in the 70's and I don't know if it's still a requirement or not. Course this is Michigan...may not apply in this state.

In Texas the Bar did require an accredited attorney serve as a court appointed. This was the case in the 70's and I don't know if it's still a requirement or not. Course this is Michigan...may not apply in this state.

All attorneys are State Bar accredited or the attorney could not practice. Whether your in private practice or work for legal aid or are a court appointed attorney.

All the Crumbley attorneys have to be accredited by the
State Bar of Michigan.

When the artist is interviewed, does LE take his version of events, or do they investigate him? Like look at this phone/text/search records, talk to his family and friends? I’m curious how much time they will spend on him (I hope enough to prove his involvement one way or the other, as I think it’s really important to the case against them).

The artist's version of events seems fishy to me. He claimed that they were supposed to lock up after they left his studio later that day, but in the police video of the arrest there was a large Tempurpedic mattress on the floor of his studio. I think he knew that they planned to sleep there.

The artist's version of events seems fishy to me. He claimed that they were supposed to lock up after they left his studio later that day, but in the police video of the arrest there was a large Tempurpedic mattress on the floor of his studio. I think he knew that they planned to sleep there.

I think the mattress was for him and he was duped.

f11841e1369262abea7d9c3ec5c85c.jpg

Artist Andrzej Sikora. He will be interviewed by the police today.

Michigan school shooting: Police to interview artist whose studio was where Crumbleys were arrested

https://heightzone.com/who-is-artist-andrzej-sikora-and-why-did-he-sheltered-ethan-crumbleys-parents-in-his-studio

Last edited:
That's a really great question. One I wish I had the answer to. I haven't seen anything regarding a guardian, but you make an excellent point. @gitana1 - I haven't really seen you on here, but if you're able to weigh in, please do!

Wow. It is an interesting question. I do think they would have to appoint a guardian to represent his interests.

Moo.
bbm
Exactly.

Wow. It is an interesting question. I do think they would have to appoint a guardian to represent his interests.

Could that person be a relative, like an aunt, uncle, grandparent? Or would that be a conflict of interest, since his parents have their own charges relating to the case? (I have no idea if there are such relatives.)

If it's a non-relative, would it be a MSW, or psychologist or a team of people?

This case is breaking a lot of ground and I think will have a wide influence in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!