MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do feel sorry for Ethan. How can his mom send him to work like that and then brush it off after she was called about his fall? As a parent, I would have been very concerned. This is not normal behavior for a 14 year old (at the time).
Where I live we do not send 14 year old's to work menial jobs.

I do feel sorry for Ethan. How can his mom send him to work like that and then brush it off after she was called about his fall? As a parent, I would have been very concerned. This is not normal behavior for a 14 year old (at the time).
Unless she knew he was high as a kite, to save herself it was ok cause parents could face drug charges? JMOO

Severed Deer Head on Campus, Rumors of Violence Preceded Michigan School Shooting

Treshan, for his part, says that on Tuesday he showed police a screenshot of a threatening Snapchat message from an unknown sender that circulated among students at Oxford High School the day of the shooting. Treshan says he received a screenshot of the message after the shooting, when he was standing in a McDonald’s parking lot with other students and families from the school, waiting for more information from local police. He had gone to the area near the school after he heard about the shooting, and says that a number of other students said they received it that day, too. “Everybody screenshotted it, and then, my brother, he posted it like, ‘What the heck is this?’ So I screenshotted it,” Treshan said. “I was probably a couple of feet away from the detectives and I was like, I’m just going to go show them because they probably need this for like evidence or something.” (The Oakland County Sheriff’s Office did not respond to a request for comment about the message in question, and at a press conference on Wednesday, the county prosecutor would not comment on which social media posts allegedly suggested Crumbley had planned the attack.)

According to Treshan, the message was passed around after administrators at the school issued two separate statements seeking to reassure parents that there was no threat to campus safety in the weeks that preceded the shooting.

bbm

Hmmm, "Ouch!!"

The lawyer for the artist AS was on Dan Abrams show tonight.
Lawyer said that the Crumbleys were already at the warehouse when
they said they needed an escape ( a place to stay) away from the press and death threats until they turned themselves in - that afternoon.
AS was busy, in and out all day from his warehouse. It was his understanding that their lawyer was going to pick them up later in the day. He had no idea they were still there at 2am. According to the lawyer , the couple deceived this man. He’s turned over everything he has to L.E. to support what happened.

Attorney downplays warrant for artist Andrzej Sikora
MOO

This particular firm has already associated themselves with high profile cases, Shannon Smith represented Larry Nassar. (Whom if you read some of the articles about her during that time really disgusts me). I could see them doing this to get more publicity, not just to have their names on high profile rulings and precedent setting cases, but also to just get more business. Though, if Larry Nassar was their client, I don't seem them hurting for business.

bbm
<shiver> and <wretch>

I don’t think so. I think the issue is they may be co-defendants and unable to speak to one another and because they’re in jail.

Also, in general, the same issues that led to them being charged can lead to the state taking the kid into the system/taking away their parental rights.

Seems to me, his parents have already started to desert him.

Wow. If it gets to the point that both parents blame their child, and vice-versa, the parents on so many levels have more power.

Edited to add: not to say that the shooter no responsibility. I don’t think the guilt is a finite size, and if we give the parents each a big slice, we are carving away at the shooters guilt. Each person who brought about this murder and terror spree have their own pie.

Yes, indeed.

Does this hold true in all 50 states? I know many laws are state-specific but I'm unaware of the laws in this situation outside of my own state.

Also, @gitana1, so you're saying that the fact that the parents are both in jail does not further impact their rights? A court must first determine if they lose their parental rights due to alleged negligence and fairly obvious recent abandonment?

TIA

ETA: I need to amend my post. I've been talking so much about the Crumbleys and I don't want to forget what should be my focus here:

Tate Myre, Hana St. Juliana, Justin Shilling and Madisyn Baldwin.

God help their families.

People typically do not lose their parental rights “merely“ because they’re in jail. There has to be more. Like they’re in for life and the child has no one else to care for them. Or they harmed the child.

I do not believe being in jail right now or having apparently fled would likely impact their parental rights. I believe their negligence with respect to their son, as well as the high probability of being co-defendants with him, definitely could.

Wow. If it gets to the point that both parents blame their child, and vice-versa, the parents on so many levels have more power.

Edited to add: not to say that the shooter no responsibility. I don’t think the guilt is a finite size, and if we give the parents each a big slice, we are carving away at the shooters guilt. Each person who brought about this murder and terror spree have their own pie.

Agreed. Is a huge, horrific mess with a ton of culpability on the part of various people.

Oakland County prosecutor and sheriff clear the air over coffee

Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald and Sheriff Michael Bouchard met for coffee Sunday, clearing the air between them after a public dustup over their roles in the Oxford High School shooting case.

"I've been on the phone with Mike Bouchard at least five times since this morning," McDonald told the Free Press on Monday afternoon. "We made a point of sitting down yesterday afternoon to try to open the lines of communication to make sure that we are on the same page."

It was common in the area of the US that I grew up for 14/15 year olds to work in local stores and diners. I started bagging groceries, stocking candy, sweeping, etc. when I was 14 at a grocery store until I turned 15 and could run the register. The money earned was needed because I had a desire to go to college.
Believe it or not, high school students used to provide the manpower for most bus fleets in South Carolina and North Carolina.

Last edited:
We do, developing a work ethic, advancing thru use of that work ethic is a valuable tool to learn. We rodeo, I see 10/11 years hustling trying to earn extra spending money offering to clean stalls/trailers. These kids can make $200/300 in a day because most appreciate the try/effort and give them work. They don’t have a need for the money, have great attentive parents but want more than the $20 mom or dad gives them and have figured out a way to earn it.

I am a bit worried about the CPS involvement. If Ethan was neglected as a child, it may go to his defense. It may bolster the case against the parents, but I’m not sure of that either. If they were already neglecting their son, would they have been aware of his emotional and mental status? They should have been as his parents, but I can envision this backfiring legally. As in, Ethan had issues due to parental neglect and parents were not aware, because.. they were neglectful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member