MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall reading that it took a bit of time for the parents to show up for the meeting at the school that morning. So much time that Ethan asked to work on his science homework. Was he allowed to go get his book bag at that point? I am wondering if he hid the gun while he was retrieving the book bag OR did he retrieve the book bag to have the gun during the meeting? I still have so many questions about what happened before the event and why his parents didn't take the schools suggestions and concerns seriously.

I get what your saying. The school was concerned enough to call the parents in for the meeting . They should have went a step further when his parents refused to take him out of school that day.

But what should they have done? A student with no prior concerns, who had not made a direct threat against anyone, hadn't assaulted anyone. If they had involved the police and/or sent him home anyhow, they could be facing action from the parents. Students have a right to an education. I imagine the school was more concerned about sending him home to an empty house and him harming himself. The first thought is not going to be that he might shoot up a school. Kids are struggling right now. The first thought is going to be concern for his own mental well-being and safety.

ETA: we have to look at what the school knew at the time, not what we know now

The parents immediately suspected Ethan was the shooter. They knew he was dangerous.

They turned off their phones while Ethan was sitting in jail! No matter what your child does, they are still your kid. What if Ethan killed himself in jail? What if he attempted suicide, but he was saved and was in the hospital? As a parent, I would have my phone close to me because I would be so worried about my child. Yes, even Ethan, especially so early in this whole awful scenario. So far the parents aren't looking too good in this sad event.
I see no concern on each of their part except for themselves. I have no doubt they’ll even throw each other under the bus to save themselves. The sheriff said they’re not communicating or showing any remorse. It’s unbelievable really.

I agree. But did they inquire about easy access? That should have been asked along with what’s going on at home, has anything changed in his life , does he seem depressed.
I don’t think we know yet what specifically was asked. I’m not sure though. For all we know the subject of guns at home was asked about. They could have lied or something. We don’t know except that the sheriff said there’s no indication the school knew he had access to a gun.

I agree. But did they inquire about easy access? That should have been asked along with what’s going on at home, has anything changed in his life , does he seem depressed.
If the shooters parents told school officials that he had easy access to a gun those officials should have involved LE and not allowed him to stay at the school. JMO.

If the Crumbley's went to Detroit for their safety from vigilantes why did they need $4000 in cash? Seems to me that they needed the cash to avoid LE tracing their whereabouts from credit/debit card transactions. JMO.

Now they're going to need it for the commissary, I guess.

I'm guessing $2k per person was the max they could withdraw from an ATM. However, if it's actually all they own, they're going to have trouble with the bail. So, ergo, commissary.

It also seems to me they quite shot themselves in the foot by not turning themselves in on Friday, i.e. during regular business hours. I don't know how these things work, but if you get booked on a Saturday, you'd maybe have to wait until Monday cooling your heels before you can make any kind of headway with the red tape?
And it might be a while before they can get a bondsperson to kick in some dough, since they're clearly a flight risk.
The required percentage might cost them their house.....

I'm guessing $2k per person was the max they could withdraw from an ATM. However, if it's actually all they own, they're going to have trouble with the bail. So, ergo, commissary.

It also seems to me they quite shot themselves in the foot by not turning themselves in on Friday, i.e. during regular business hours. I don't know how these things work, but if you get booked on a Saturday, you'd maybe have to wait until Monday cooling your heels before you can make any kind of headway with the red tape?
And it might be a while before they can get a bondsperson to kick in some dough, since they're clearly a flight risk.
My understanding is that they won’t be allowed to post a percentage—only the whole amount to get out. I don’t think they’re going anywhere.

School shooting suspect told counselors alarming drawings were for video game, superintendent says

... "At no time did counselors believe the student might harm others based on his behavior, responses and demeanor, which appeared calm," Throne said. ...

If you've made it your mission to commit mass murder, you're most certainly a psychopath and of course, you will be CALM. All lack of normal human emotion and empathy is a top hallmark, as are manipulation and pathological lying. How many stories of mass shootings have we read where the shooter - at that point, an apex predator - is unhurried and methodical? Nearly all of them.

JMO

Exactly what I wanted to say!!! The counselors should have known this, they should be able to recognize sociopathic behavior... I feel that they just did the least amount possible (with the exception of the teacher who reported the drawing) and didn't take this seriously. They had the "it would never happen here" mentality. Such a preventable tragedy

IMO

He would use his backpack to bring books/lunch to school. Would he leave the backpack in his locker? I can't imagine a classroom with backpacks strewn everywhere. He asked to work on his assignment while he waited for his parents. I'm guessing his coat and backpack were somewhere else.

Without the school or the parents probing into this drawing, there would be no reason to look for a gun. The drawing was related to game design and it sounds like everyone accepted this explanation. He was required to have counselling in place within 48 hours, so someone suspected more but did not ask the right questions.

Was there a covid rule that students had to bring their backpacks to the classroom? If so, and he had his backpack with him at the office, then someone should have asked to look in his backpack.

However, its been reported that the gun was already in the school, possibly in the washroom.

IMO the gun was in his bag. COVID had shut down lockers for the kids.

Such a large school. There should be metal detectors.

This is all IMO.

RSBM

THIS!!!!
Yes, to me that screams they had clues/knowledge that their son was capable of committing this violence and I think were aware of that when they were brought into the school that morning which it makes it even more egregious that they did nothing. I understand that they found journals which detailed his desire to kill students but what made them think to go look for those journals, was it just the drawing that morning, I don’t think so, I think there is more evidence. MOO

Last edited:

The 10% is off the table, they would need to come up with a cool million between them to get out. Their house is just $1,200 square feet, an average middle class home not worth enough to get them out in my opinion.

51213327-10262809-image-a-86_1638385363028.jpg

The Crumbley home in Oxford, Michigan

They shouldn't have their jobs taken away and loose everything, they haven't been convicted yet.

PICTURED: 'Bullied' Michigan high school shooter Ethan Crumbley | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Police: Someone helped parents of Oxford shooting suspect hide in Detroit building (clickondetroit.com)

Person of interest identifies themselves, maintains innocence

DETROIT – The parents of the suspected Oxford High School shooter appeared to have fled town Friday following news that they were to face charges in the shooting, and police say they were assisted by someone they knew...

Oakland County resident Andrzej Sikora, 65, is the owner of the Detroit building where the Crumbleys appeared to be hiding out on Friday. The man’s attorney, Clarence Dass, issued the following statement Sunday on Sikora’s behalf:

“Mr. Sikora has not been charged with any crime. Nevertheless, upon learning of the Crumbleys’ arrest on December 4, 2021, he voluntarily contacted the Detroit Police Department and Oakland County Sheriff’s Office to provide information,” the statement reads. “He maintains his innocence throughout this process and is fully cooperating with law enforcement to assist in their investigation.”...

Last edited:
Yes, to me that screams they had clues/knowledge that their son was capable of committing this violence and I think were aware of that when they were brought into the school that morning which it makes it even more egregious that they did nothing. I understand that they found journals which detailed his desire to kill students but what made them thank to go look for those journals, was it just the drawing that morning, I don’t think so, I think there is more evidence. MOO

The prosecutor has alluded to more evidence. I think it will blow our minds when we hear it.

it’s obvious to me the prosecutor is nervous and is trying to make a stand. Good for her.

all IMO

Sorry, but that is not correct for all. We've been back in school in Texas since last October (2020) full time.
You are theoretically correct. But, attending in person instruction was an option that many did not elect to take. There were still online classes being offered. I also live in Texas and I believe too many options were given not just schools, but in other activities. But, that's another thread and really has no bearing on EC'S actions. Except to say that for the children it's been a chaotic time. Hopefully normalcy is returning. Thanks

I don't think we know what all was discussed in that meeting. My guess is that these kinds of questions were asked. Mom texted that he needed to learn not to get caught....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper