MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A "what if" scenario -

What if EC was indeed being bullied? What if his parents encouraged him to defend himself, fight back? The timeline of events was so tight - only five days from when JRC bought the gun to the day JLC took EC to the gun range to the day of the shooting.

Newly "empowered", what if EC let it be known at school he had a brand new gun, either through whispers or perhaps even showing it off to a select few? He did, indeed, post on social media about his "new beauty". Word gets around like lightning these days. Maybe that was the catalyst for the rumors of trouble coming, a shooting coming - rumors so strong that some students stayed home that day.

Considering what we already know about his parents, I believe this theory is not beyond the realm of possibility.

Pure speculation, nothing more. JMO

Were they not safe in the motel they went to first? Why did they not call their attorney for advice if they were being threatened, or even call the police? I call BS. They went to an acquaintance who happened to have a space in a building near the Canadian border… with $4k cash. I would love to see or hear the communications between the Crumbleys and the artist that led up to them heading to the studio.
Plus their phones were off, likely because they didn't want to be tracked.

When Sikora left for the evening, what was the agreement, that they would lock up after they left? If he believed they came for a supposed visit, would he not wonder why they wouldn't leave when he did? Next morning he was surprised they'd stayed all night.
I suspected he may not have known about the manhunt, but surely he knew about the shooting. Or maybe not.

I don't think we know what all was discussed in that meeting. My guess is that these kinds of questions were asked. Mom texted that he needed to learn not to get caught....

About whether or not the school knew he had access to a gun: they knew he was googling about buying ammo. I imagine 99% of people who google about buying ammunition for a gun have access to a gun, it would not be an unreasonable assumption.

Instead of turning themselves in for arraignment Friday, James and Jennifer Crumbley allegedly fled town, and were found overnight Saturday in a Detroit-area building that Detroit Police Chief James E. White said housed “artwork.”

It was Sikora’s studio. The artist’s attorney Clarence Dass said that the Crumbley parents went to Sikora’s studio Friday morning, but that his client did not know about the charges against them, or that they stayed after he left. The artist had had a “friendly relationship” with the couple, Dass said.

“There was a lot of confusion and the Crumbleys went to him for safety,” Dass said, according to The Associated Press. “He didn’t know about the charges. They were there in the daytime. He left in the early evening. He didn’t even know they were still there.”

Detroit Artist Entangled in the Search for Alleged Michigan School Shooter's Parents

Again, their narcissism takes precedence: they didn't care who they involve in their crime of fleeing- this man had no clue what was going on with them- they got him in big trouble- Hopefully he will be able to explain how he was hoodwinked by these disgusting fugitive parents. I am leaning towards thinking they are sociopaths. One of the hallmarks of sociopathic people, is they cause chaos- and they walk away from it without a care in the world, while others are left holding the bag. If their child was not such a cold- blooded killer you could almost feel sorry for him with parents like this. I don't feel sorry for him.

Antisocial personality disorder - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic

Mom faces felony charges after son brought a gun to school

This is an interesting article that initially talks about the charges that an Indiana mother faced following a school shooting by her son, but then reports on other cases and how parents were charged relating to school shootings by their children, in various states, and the factors that played into the decisions to prosecute.

So it is not unprecedented. Good.

Who's Who?
freep.com Dec 1* article quoting Bouchard, the Oakland Co. Sheriff: "Crumbley and his parents have retained an attorney, Bouchard said...." gives impression that one atty or law firm is representing all three on crim charges, the son & parents

Even later articles give impression that both parents are repped by one law firm, Smith Lehman** (sorry no link to stories atm).
Conflict of interest?

Apologizing for posting before reading all the thread.
Anyone have link to court files/website showing who is repping who? TiA.

** Law firm: Smith Lehman, PC

Michigan school shooting: Man identifies himself as person accused of helping alleged gunman's parents

A 65-year-old man has publicly identified himself as the person law enforcement says helped the fugitive parents of the alleged Michigan school shooter into the building where they were later arrested.

Though Sikora knew the Crumbleys were using his workspace, he "did not really know what was going on" and didn't know the couple "had active warrants" when they were discovered by law enforcement and subsequently arrested, his attorney, Clarence Dass, said.

Dass said his client "got roped into it," but declined to say why he allowed the couple to stay in the workspace or provide additional details on Sikora's relationship with the Crumbleys other than to say "he knew them, but not well."

Dass told CNN his client was at the workspace for "a short period of time," but wasn't there late Friday evening and the overnight hours when the Crumbleys were arrested, adding he didn't realize the Crumbleys were in his space for "that long."

"Mr. Sikora has not been charged with any crime. Nevertheless, upon learning of the Crumbleys' arrest on December 4, 2021, he voluntarily contacted the Detroit Police Department and Oakland County Sheriff's Office to provide information. He

Michigan school shooting: Man identifies himself as person accused of helping accused gunman's parents - CNN

IMO, They used him for their own purposes in fleeing, yes they "roped him into it". Lord knows what else they may have done if not apprehended.

Michigan school shooting: Man identifies himself as person accused of helping alleged gunman's parents

A 65-year-old man has publicly identified himself as the person law enforcement says helped the fugitive parents of the alleged Michigan school shooter into the building where they were later arrested.

Though Sikora knew the Crumbleys were using his workspace, he "did not really know what was going on" and didn't know the couple "had active warrants" when they were discovered by law enforcement and subsequently arrested, his attorney, Clarence Dass, said.

Dass said his client "got roped into it," but declined to say why he allowed the couple to stay in the workspace or provide additional details on Sikora's relationship with the Crumbleys other than to say "he knew them, but not well."

Dass told CNN his client was at the workspace for "a short period of time," but wasn't there late Friday evening and the overnight hours when the Crumbleys were arrested, adding he didn't realize the Crumbleys were in his space for "that long."

"Mr. Sikora has not been charged with any crime. Nevertheless, upon learning of the Crumbleys' arrest on December 4, 2021, he voluntarily contacted the Detroit Police Department and Oakland County Sheriff's Office to provide information. He

Michigan school shooting: Man identifies himself as person accused of helping accused gunman's parents - CNN

IMO, They used him for their own purposes in fleeing, yes they "roped him into it". Lord knows what else they may have done if not apprehended.
Was Sikora the one who called the police about the car being in the lot?

Was Sikora the one who called the police about the car being in the lot?
I don't know, but I think it was someone else. Sikora evidently had no clue they were wanted by police.

Here it says:
Police launched a manhunt after the parents failed to appear at their arraignment hearing Friday, later arresting them at a Detroit building after a sighting by a member of the public.

Police said Saturday it appeared the couple had been hiding in the workspace and that someone had helped them into the building, guiding them as they parked their vehicle in back. ( Sikora ? )

I don't know, but I think it was someone else. Sikora evidently had no clue they were wanted by police.

Here it says:
Police said Saturday it appeared the couple had been hiding in the workspace and that someone had helped them into the building, guiding them as they parked their vehicle in back.

I kind of wondered if once Sikora realized they were wanted by the police and the car was still there he called it in. I just somehow remember very early press reports saying the “owner” saw a car that didn’t belong and reported it. I might be confused and this is Moo. I cannot find a link to verify. Maybe there were several tenants in the building? Just my rambling thoughts.

I kind of wondered if once Sikora realized they were wanted by the police and the car was still there he called it in. I just somehow remember very early press reports saying the “owner” saw a car that didn’t belong and reported it. I might be confused and this is Moo. I cannot find a link to verify. Maybe there were several tenants in the building? Just my rambling thoughts.
I also remember the "owner" found the car. Owner of the entire warehouse? I am under the impression that Sikora only has his studio there, but I might be wrong. We may know more tomorrow after he speaks with investigators.

eta. also, Sikora said he didn't know anything until he woke up on Saturday morning. So I don't think he called it in before that.

It isn’t clear who is representing EC. It could be inferred from the article that the same attorneys that are representing the parents are also representing EC.

Ferndale Mich. - During their arraignment Saturday morning, both James and Jennifer Crumbley said few words as they were read charges of involuntary manslaughter brought against them.

But the two-woman team selected to represent them, Shannon Smith and Mariell Lehman, had much more to say.

Defense attorney representing Crumbley parents also defended Larry Nasser

Crumbley and his parents have retained an attorney, Bouchard said. Attorney Scott Kozak, who represented Crumbley in court Wednesday but said he won’t be involved in the case moving forward, declined comment after the hearing.

Oakland prosecutor weighs charging parents of accused Oxford shooter

Ethan Crumbley has been charged as an adult with one count of terrorism causing death; four counts of first-degree murder; seven counts of assault with intent to murder; and 11 counts of possession of a firearm in commission of a felony.

A judge entered a not guilty plea for Ethan Crumbley on Wednesday. His next court appearance is scheduled for Dec. 13.

Parents of Michigan school shooting suspect plead not guilty, held on $500K bond each - ABC n

Attorney: LOFTIN, PAULETTE MICHEL

https://micourt.courts.michigan.gov/CaseSearch/Court/D52-3
The 52-3 District Court is located at 700 Barclay Cir, Rochester Hills, MI 48307

52nd District Court - Division 3
Case Detail

Criminal
Case ID: 21-006611-FY
Court Location: 52-3 ROCHESTER HILLS
Judge of Record: CARNIAK, NANCY TOLWIN
Name: CRUMBLEY, ETHAN, ROBERT
Year of Birth: 2006
Case Status: PENDING
Venue: OAKLAND COUNTY
Officer/Agency: WILLIS,T-OCSO / OAKLAND COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
Due Date: 12/20/2021
Date Filed: 12/1/2021
Offense Date: 11/30/20
Next Hearing: 12/13/2021 1:15 PM - SCHEDULED FOR PROBABLE CAUSE CONFERENCE

Charges (24)

Charge Count: 1
Original Charge: TERRORISM CAUSING DEATH
Current Charge: TERRORISM CAUSING DEATH
Amended Or Reduced:
Charge Level: F

Charge Count: 2
Original Charge: HOMICIDE - MURDER 1ST DEG - PREMEDITATED JUVENILE DEFENDANT
Current Charge: HOMICIDE - MURDER 1ST DEG - PREMEDITATED JUVENILE DEFENDANT
Amended Or Reduced:

Charge Count: 3
Amended Or Reduced:

Charge Count: 4
Amended Or Reduced:

Charge Count: 5
Amended Or Reduced:

Charge Count: 6
Original Charge: ASSAULT WITH INTENT TO MURDER
Current Charge: ASSAULT WITH INTENT TO MURDER
Amended Or Reduced:

Charge Count: 7
Amended Or Reduced:

Charge Count: 8
Amended Or Reduced:

Charge Count: 9
Amended Or Reduced:

Charge Count: 10
Amended Or Reduced:

Charge Count: 11
Amended Or Reduced:

Charge Count: 12
Amended Or Reduced:

Charge Count: 13
Original Charge: WEAPONS-FELONY FIREARM
Current Charge: WEAPONS-FELONY FIREARM
Amended Or Reduced:

Charge Count: 14
Amended Or Reduced:

Charge Count: 15
Amended Or Reduced:

Charge Count: 16
Amended Or Reduced:

Charge Count: 17
Amended Or Reduced:

Charge Count: 18
Amended Or Reduced:

Charge Count: 19
Amended Or Reduced:

Charge Count: 20
Amended Or Reduced:

Charge Count: 21
Amended Or Reduced:

Charge Count: 22
Amended Or Reduced:

Charge Count: 23
Amended Or Reduced:

Charge Count: 24
Amended Or Reduced:

Court Actions (24)

Action: ARRAIGNMENT HELD
Date: 12/1/2021
All Counts
Action: MISCELLANEOUS ACTION
Count 18 WEAPONS-FELONY FIREARM
Count 17 WEAPONS-FELONY FIREARM
Count 16 WEAPONS-FELONY FIREARM
Count 22 WEAPONS-FELONY FIREARM
Count 7 ASSAULT WITH INTENT TO MURDER
Count 6 ASSAULT WITH INTENT TO MURDER
Count 20 WEAPONS-FELONY FIREARM
Action: PROCEEDING HELD
All Counts
Count 14 WEAPONS-FELONY FIREARM
Count 23 WEAPONS-FELONY FIREARM
Count 11 ASSAULT WITH INTENT TO MURDER
Count 13 WEAPONS-FELONY FIREARM
Count 9 ASSAULT WITH INTENT TO MURDER
Count 8 ASSAULT WITH INTENT TO MURDER
All Counts
Count 1 TERRORISM CAUSING DEATH
Count 10 ASSAULT WITH INTENT TO MURDER
Count 15 WEAPONS-FELONY FIREARM
Count 12 ASSAULT WITH INTENT TO MURDER
Count 21 WEAPONS-FELONY FIREARM
Count 19 WEAPONS-FELONY FIREARM
Count 24 WEAPONS-FELONY FIREARM
Date: 12/3/2021[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Last edited:
https://micourt.courts.michigan.gov...ypeNumber=D01&caseType=FY&petitionNumber=null

Case Detail
Search > Search Results > Case Details
Criminal
Case ID: 21-006611-FY
Judge of Record: CARNIAK, NANCY TOLWIN
Name: CRUMBLEY, ETHAN, ROBERT
Year of Birth: 2006
PIN:
Due Date: 12/20/2021
Date Filed: 12/1/2021
Offense Date: 11/30/2021
License Suspended:
Balance: $0.00
Next Hearing: 12/13/2021 1:15 PM - SCHEDULED FOR PROBABLE CAUSE CONFERENCE
Charges (24)

Charge Count: 1
Original Charge: TERRORISM CAUSING DEATH
Current Charge: TERRORISM CAUSING DEATH
Amended Or Reduced:
Disposition:
Disposition Date:
Charge Count: 2
Amended Or Reduced:
Disposition:
Disposition Date:
Charge Count: 3
Amended Or Reduced:
Disposition:
Disposition Date:
Charge Count: 4
Amended Or Reduced:
Disposition:
Disposition Date:
Charge Count: 5
Amended Or Reduced:
Disposition:
Disposition Date:
Charge Count: 6
Amended Or Reduced:
Disposition:
Disposition Date:
Charge Count: 7
Amended Or Reduced:
Disposition:
Disposition Date:
Charge Count: 8
Amended Or Reduced:
Disposition:
Disposition Date:
Charge Count: 9
Amended Or Reduced:
Disposition:
Disposition Date:
Charge Count: 10
Amended Or Reduced:
Disposition:
Disposition Date:
Charge Count: 11
Amended Or Reduced:
Disposition:
Disposition Date:
Charge Count: 12
Amended Or Reduced:
Disposition:
Disposition Date:
Charge Count: 13
Amended Or Reduced:
Disposition:
Disposition Date:
Charge Count: 14
Amended Or Reduced:
Disposition:
Disposition Date:
Charge Count: 15
Amended Or Reduced:
Disposition:
Disposition Date:
Charge Count: 16
Amended Or Reduced:
Disposition:
Disposition Date:
Charge Count: 17
Amended Or Reduced:
Disposition:
Disposition Date:
Charge Count: 18
Amended Or Reduced:
Disposition:
Disposition Date:
Charge Count: 19
Amended Or Reduced:
Disposition:
Disposition Date:
Charge Count: 20
Amended Or Reduced:
Disposition:
Disposition Date:
Charge Count: 21
Amended Or Reduced:
Disposition:
Disposition Date:
Charge Count: 22
Amended Or Reduced:
Disposition:
Disposition Date:
Charge Count: 23
Amended Or Reduced:
Disposition:
Disposition Date:
Charge Count: 24
Amended Or Reduced:
Disposition:
Disposition Date:
Show More
Court Actions (24)

Action: ARRAIGNMENT HELD
All Counts
Count 18 WEAPONS-FELONY FIREARM
Count 17 WEAPONS-FELONY FIREARM
Count 16 WEAPONS-FELONY FIREARM
Count 22 WEAPONS-FELONY FIREARM
Count 7 ASSAULT WITH INTENT TO MURDER
Count 6 ASSAULT WITH INTENT TO MURDER
Count 20 WEAPONS-FELONY FIREARM
Action: PROCEEDING HELD
All Counts
Count 14 WEAPONS-FELONY FIREARM
Count 23 WEAPONS-FELONY FIREARM
Count 11 ASSAULT WITH INTENT TO MURDER
Count 13 WEAPONS-FELONY FIREARM
Count 9 ASSAULT WITH INTENT TO MURDER
Count 8 ASSAULT WITH INTENT TO MURDER
All Counts
Count 1 TERRORISM CAUSING DEATH
Count 10 ASSAULT WITH INTENT TO MURDER
Count 15 WEAPONS-FELONY FIREARM
Count 12 ASSAULT WITH INTENT TO MURDER
Count 21 WEAPONS-FELONY FIREARM
Count 19 WEAPONS-FELONY FIREARM
Count 24 WEAPONS-FELONY FIREARM
Date: 12/3/2021
All Counts
Show More
Sentencing (0)

Good find.
Michigan Indigent Defense Commission
Managed Assigned Counsel Coordinator

https://www.linkedin.com/in/paulette-michel-174a6735

I also remember the "owner" found the car. Owner of the entire warehouse? I am under the impression that Sikora only has his studio there, but I might be wrong. We may know more tomorrow after he speaks with investigators.

eta. also, Sikora said he didn't know anything until he woke up on Saturday morning. So I don't think he called it in before that.
Good points! Thanks for your thoughts. I will also look forward to hopefully more info tomorrow.

Ethan Crumbley ‘could receive a lighter sentence if he turns the blame on parents for giving him gun,’ expert claims

As for Ethan who has been charged as an adult for allegedly killing four students at Oxford High School, Barhoma thinks it’s likely the teen could receive a life sentence without parole.

But Barhoma says the teen could get a lighter sentence if he shifts the blame to his parents.

“After all, he is a 15-year-old child. Usually, no one exerts a greater influence on a child’s life than their parents,” he said.

Barhoma added that Ethan’s best possible defense is to “claim delusion or insanity for the upbringing his parents gave him.“

'Shooter could get lighter sentence if he turns blame on parents' expert says

https://micourt.courts.michigan.gov/CaseSearch/Court/D52-3
The 52-3 District Court is located at 700 Barclay Cir, Rochester Hills, MI 48307

Case Detail

Criminal
Case ID: 21-006651-FY
Judge of Record: NICHOLSON, JULIE A.
Name: CRUMBLEY, JAMES, ROBERT
Year of Birth: 1976
Attorney: SMITH, SHANNON MARIE