GUILTY MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* *teen guilty* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.

From what court to what court? Not sure what that means.

I'm trying to google exactly how the Michigan Court system works within the trial courts, as I'm not exactly sure. I'm not barred in MI, and every state works a bit different.

At this point, what I can tell you is when I was searching the court's website, I went from one website to look up their current case, to another. I know that's not helpful at all. I'm sorry. Maybe someone else in MI understands better and can help you before I can figure it out.

Oxford parents voice safety concerns to new superintendent

With former Oxford Schools Superintendent Tim Throne officially out, the first school board meeting took place with new Superintendent Ken Weaver unanimously being sworn in.

Weaver is no stranger to the district as he’s been principal and assistant principal, but some are saying that now, he is taking on a school system that is still very much wounded.

“I hope that they address some of the differences between what they’ve said in the past and the reality that my kids are experiencing at the high school,” said parent George Stoffan.

At the same meeting, parents voiced their concerns for safety and what will take place moving forward from November’s tragic shooting, including the father of victim Hana St. Juliana.

“There are so many triggers that exist in the school right now,” said Steve St. Juliana.

We also heard from high school students that were present on that tragic day.

“I’m stuck remembering all my classmates running for their lives going ‘this can’t be happening. Run. Shooter. Help us’” said one Oxford High School student. “We’re brave. We’re strong. You shoved that word strong down our throat as if it’s supposed to fix anything.”

Bag checks will continue, and more officers will be brought in to work with the district. The use of lockers will also still not be permitted.

Stoffan just wants to make sure that all students in the district feel safe.

“I hope to gain a better understanding of where the district is when it comes to security in particular at this point,” Stoffan said.

Weapon detection software and the possibility of bringing in ammunition sniffing dogs were also discussed in Monday (March 14) night’s meeting.

Oxford parents voice safety concerns to new superintendent

Prosecutor: Don’t use name of accused Oxford High School shooter (clickondetroit.com)

‘I’m not going to say his name’

OAKLAND COUNTY, Mich. – In the wake of the Oxford High School shooting, Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald is pushing for the court to stop using the name of the accused shooter.

The goal is to not sensationalize the names of shooters. Local 4 Defender Karen Drew sat down with McDonald to talk about her push for change.

The quest for notoriety and infamy is a well-known motivating factor in mass killings and violent copycat crimes. McDonald said if the court, and the public, can stop using his name it could potentially prevent another school shooting.

“There is someone who wants to be remembered and he has contemplated how he wants to be remembered,” McDonald said...

Prosecutor wants accused Oxford shooter's name excluded from filings, hearings (detroitnews.com)

Pontiac – The Oakland County prosecutor wants the name of the accused Oxford High School shooter removed wherever possible from court filings and for participants in hearings to refrain from saying his name, according to court records.

Ethan Crumbley, 15, of Oxford is charged with killing four fellow students and wounding five students and a teacher in the Nov. 30 rampage at the school. His parents, James and Jennifer Crumbley, are charged with involuntary manslaughter connected to the shooting.

Prosecutor Karen McDonald is expected to ask the judge presiding over his parents' case to rule on her "no notoriety" request next week. Prosecutors have referenced writings in his personal journal where he said he wanted to be known as responsible for one of the nation's worst school-shooting crimes so his name would live on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x