GUILTY MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* *teen guilty* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll admit I used to have an account on the website adult friend finder. It is not (imo) your typical "dating" site. It is typically used as a site to find other adults to do meetups of a more physical nature.
Interesting she was on that website with a husband and a boyfriend.! She was very busy.

Moo/Moo

I'll admit I used to have an account on the website adult friend finder. It is not (imo) your typical "dating" site. It is typically used as a site to find other adults to do meetups of a more physical nature.
Interesting she was on that website with a husband and a boyfriend.! She was very busy.

Moo/Moo
Bbm

200w.gif

That's heartbreaking to hear: EC's best friend leaves the state abruptly right before Halloween, and the two had plans that day. He was very sad, but the parents went to two parties without him and left him alone at home.

Sun Nov 28th, 2 days before the slaying .
She doesn't recall that date or what she did that day

Keast says that she spent some of that day arranging a date with somebody via that App.
Keast says that this also took her energy and her focus. JC disagrees.

EC's 'seeing demons' text and ' can you please text me back?'. Spring 2021.
JC reiterates that the signal is often poor at the barn, and testified yesterday that she hadn't seen EC's texts at the time.
Keast counters that other evidence shows she can hold extensive conversations from the barn ( He refers to exchanges including photos)
Keast also notes Spring 2021 was when she started affair BM.

She testified yesterday that EC was ' just messing around' re seeing demons.

School comms
Morning of 30th Nov.
The worksheet. She says that it was concerning. I saw a cape. I didn't analyse it. She says that although she posted it on Insta, she didn't recognise it as THE gun. The ' thoughts won't stop' phrase was not really concerning for her.

She claims she wasn't aware that the 9mm was more powerful.

Ethan's friend leaving.
Keast says school records show that he missed school for a couple days thereafter. She claims that she didn't know about absence nor whether EC was particularly upset.
Halloween 2021 - the friend doesn't come despite scheduled. JC calls friends' mum and finds he's goen to Wisconsin. EC was home alone and presumably upset. JC continues with her plans and goes to a few Halloween parties.
JC tries to maintain that EC had plenty of friends in school. ( She accepts she's never met them, Keast says he had no peer support left)

Keast impeaches her on bowling testimony yesterday. It wasn't really available in 2021
Keast impeaches her on her exaggerating the amounts of shifts he'd done at work.

You claim you're a ' helicopter parent' but you never looked at his phone? No.
' The one thing which was consistent with Ethan was his desire to get another weapon. ' She disagrees. ( I'm not part of the conversations between EC and his father)

Keast : You said taking care of that gun was EC's responsibility? She agrees
Keast : Do you agree that you were the last adult to have possession of that gun? She agrees
Keast : You were at the range, he showed you, you saw his stance was the same as the CCTV shows of the murders?
Keast Do you agree that owning a gun is very responsible thing? Yes she agrees
Now does a very effective set of statements. All the times she did not trust James
- getting up in the morning?
- mowing the lawn
- holding down a job
- update you on his whereabouts
- to turn on ring camera

She agrees to almost all of those.
This is the person - James - who she entrusted to buy a gun.

Sun Nov 28th, 2 days before the slaying .
She doesn't recall that date or what she did that day

Keast says that she spent some of that day arranging a date with somebody via that App.
Keast says that this also took her energy and her focus. JC disagrees.

EC's 'seeing demons' text and ' can you please text me back?'. Spring 2021.
JC reiterates that the signal is often poor at the barn, and testified yesterday that she hadn't seen EC's texts at the time.
Keast counters that other evidence shows she can hold extensive conversations from the barn ( He refers to exchanges including photos)
Keast also notes Spring 2021 was when she started affair BM.

She testified yesterday that EC was ' just messing around' re seeing demons.

School comms
Morning of 30th Nov.
The worksheet. She says that it was concerning. I saw a cape. I didn't analyse it. She says that although she posted it on Insta, she didn't recognise it as THE gun. The ' thoughts won't stop' phrase was not really concerning for her.

She claims she wasn't aware that the 9mm was more powerful.

Ethan's friend leaving.
Keast says school records show that he missed school for a couple days thereafter. She claims that she didn't know about absence nor whether EC was particularly upset.
Halloween 2021 - the friend doesn't come despite scheduled. JC calls friends' mum and finds he's goen to Wisconsin. EC was home alone and presumably upset. JC continues with her plans and goes to a few Halloween parties.
JC tries to maintain that EC had plenty of friends in school. ( She accepts she's never met them, Keast says he had no peer support left)

Keast impeaches her on bowling testimony yesterday. It wasn't really available in 2021
Keast impeaches her on her exaggerating the amounts of shifts he'd done at work.

You claim you're a ' helicopter parent' but you never looked at his phone? No.
' The one thing which was consistent with Ethan was his desire to get another weapon. ' She disagrees. ( I'm not part of the conversations between EC and his father)

Keast : You said taking care of that gun was EC's responsibility? She agrees
Keast : Do you agree that you were the last adult to have possession of that gun? She agrees
Keast : You were at the range, he showed you, you saw his stance was the same as the CCTV shows of the murders?
Keast Do you agree that owning a gun is very responsible thing? Yes she agrees
Now does a very effective set of statements. All the times she did not trust James
- getting up in the morning?
- mowing the lawn
- holding down a job
- update you on his whereabouts
- to turn on ring camera

She agrees to almost all of those.
This is the person - James - who she entrusted to buy a gun.
In addition I remember JC saying that James was drinking a lot since losing his mother in April 2021.

Keast- goes back to Nov 30th.
why didn't she tell the school's Hopkins that they'd bought him a gun
( not very effective segment)

Keast - you have prescriptions for anxiety yourself but you didn't get help for EC, even though you know how to get help for yourself.

Explosive fights with husband mentioned

Her testimony about EC and the word ' love' ( He didn't feel comfortable saying that, she said)
Keast says, looking through all their communications, word love only used three times.
Various objections. Messy again.

Keast turns to her statement that when there's a crisis she ' goes into planning mode'
Accepts that her texts following Nov 30th, she plans around horses and getting cash & attorneys

Ten days later is the first time she shows concern for her son!
Later, of Ethan she says ' He needs to man up'

Keast makes various quips about 'planning mode' from herein:
- The fund raising appeal. A call played between Jenn and her Dad about setting that GFMe up
- Another call is played. Again with Dad, she wants him to google calories in specific jail food. PB & Jelly sandwiches, baloney sandwiches etc.
Jennifer looks uncomfortable
- Another call is played. Again with Dad, she wants him to check child tax credits? Most of the calls are inaudible to me, hope they're better for the jurors!

Last edited:
Keast reads thru her testimony from yesterday wrt to the raid and arrest

Yesterday you said ' it was after 11 we finally went to bed'
' we each took 4 Xanax, we hadn't slept for 4 days'
alarms were set for 6.30am and 6.45am to ensure they woke to surrender themselves the next morning

' I recall my husband screaming... officers with guns' etc ( this woke her up, she'd claimed)

He reminds her that she was under oath.
She is adamant that she didn't know the cops were at the studio until she woke up.

Keast relays the testimony of the SWAT team - the noise, the 35lb

LOL Keast skewers her on the alarms - all your phones were switched off and stashed in boxes. ( I hope jurors caught that, Keast needs to catch a breath to alert jurors imo)

Keast demonstrates she wasn't asleep. a text from 11.14pm, ' Laying low'
11.16pm JC to SS : ' I think we' might've been found, please check ' ( She's asking Shannon to check)
11.16pm Shannon text replies : Oh! Sh...!

Officers, hundreds of them were on scene before 11pm

She claims she didn't write these texts ( Husband under bus again)

Keast confirms that as of yesterday, JC didn't know these texts were going to come in to trial . She agrees

Last edited:
I wish the prosecutor would have spent more time on the night prior to the shooting and the fight. And she DID say they took away the gun, implying very strongly that EC had free access to it. She denied it later, but the prosecutor delayed pouncing on that immediately after she said it. These imo were missed opportunities.

Locking EC out of the house.
Nov 29th - night before murders

She testified she got into a fight with EC about his grades. She denies she locked him out. She told X that she also took his phone.
Keast: that's not true is it?
JC : It is true
Keast: we have a video which EC took outside, saying what he was going to do tomorrow
JC: erm, what time was that video shot?
Keast: 10pm
JC: erm, he may have got it back

She denies she locked him out but when pressed, she doesn't deny that he had walked outside of the house. She is sooooo slippery, she tries to cover everything by back-tracking, if she can't wriggle out of it

she also now claims she ' took his gun away and took the shooting range away'
Keast returns to that point. Penny dropped with Keast.
Quickly, JC says that she didn't say that. She just said that she took the shooting range away.

SMH!

Last edited:
DBM.. hadn't finished transcribing and somehow hit "enter"!

Last edited:
Cross exam was underwhelming. The state showed she’s a self-absorbed and negligent parent. He also touched on what happened the night before the shooting but left it hanging. EC made a video on his phone saying what he was going to do the next day. State alleged they locked him out of the house but she denied that was true. She said his gun was taken away and then denied it when he came back to that a couple minutes later. She admitted he was distraught that evening. What happened the night before the shooting? The state buried the lede. It seemed like her saying they took his gun away was monumental. Because why would they if they weren’t concerned about him hurting himself or others???? They clearly didn’t take his phone away. They locked him out and took his gun away because he was acting out of control maybe? I wish state had asked her answer be played back when she DID say they took his gun away. I’m sure he will argue that in closing!

JMO

Defense rests. Closing arguments today, most likely. If I heard correctly, prosecutors requested a break to discuss whether or not they were going to call any rebuttal witnesses to JC's testimony. They were under the impression that there were going to be 2 additional witnesses called today by the defense.

Prosecutor reading text (from 12/3/21 at 7:02 p.m. between JC and Smith/Mariell): "From Shannon: ‘Mariell and I are going to come get you guys in the morning, we do not think it will help to make a statement that you’re coming back now or that it will be tomorrow a.m. We can say that we told everyone that you were coming back and as of tomorrow a.m. you are back.’

Good catch @wyome - if the gun was only given to him to use in the shooting range as she testified why would it need to be taken away from him the night before the shooting? She slipped up!! And then a bald face denial! I hope jury caught it. She also threw her husband under the bus about the texts to the lawyer prior to their arrest. It was her burner phone but he was using it according to her. She’s slippery!

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member