GUILTY MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* *teen guilty* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the prosecution really soft balled the whole closing. Too many inconsistencies in her statements that they needed to hammer.

I continue to think that they've met the case law for involuntary manslaughter,though, but that's JMO.

Smith is not a very good attorney, I do not understand why she is billed as such. She wasn't very good from the bits I saw from the Larry Nassar case, either, and was pretty victim-shaming towards the young women who had been abused by him.

She just came across in this case like if Lucy and Ethel were trying a case, except it wasn't zany and humorous. It was shrill and aggrieved. It's a very serious case, but it doesn't seem like she took it seriously.

All MOO, though.

I missed the ending.
Smith just said that JC "would be the last person on earth to"?
What

As some predicted in this thread, Smith is using her whole intrepid defense lawyer act to help her client.

This is a good closing by defense imo. Her voice is annoying but the substance of her closing is on point for this case - it’s the only argument. I’ll be shocked if this doesn’t end up hung!

Edited to add : She’s normalizing some of JC’s behavior. Typical parental reaction to a teen. Context is missing. And McDonald didn’t do a good job of arguing what the missing context was. So Smith is driving a truck through that right now.

JMO

Last edited:
As some predicted in this thread, Smith is using her whole intrepid defense lawyer act to help her client.

This a good closing by defense imo. Her voice is annoying but the substance of her closing is on point for this case - it’s the only argument. I’ll be shocked if this doesn’t end up hung!

JMO
She's doing a very good job. She's identifying with all the moms on the jury and I believe they are the majority

I watched snippets of the prosecution closing and was very unimpressed with the attorney. I hate to say that the defense is doing a better job but she is iMO. The prosecution closing was too disjointed. She should have told a story-- and hit salient points while telling that story. We have all seen strong closing arguments by the prosecution- this was not one of them.

I watched snippets of the prosecution closing and was very unimpressed with the attorney. I hate to say that the defense is doing a better job but she is iMO. The prosecution closing was too disjointed. She should have told a story-- and hit salient points while telling that story. We have all seen strong closing arguments by the prosecution- this was not one of them.
To me it's a hell of a lot better than the defense's closing.
The whole trial was lacking due to a judge that had no authority over her courtroom

Defense is frying the prosecutors here! They’re not looking and acting like they’re not listening. They keep whispering to each other. Shouldn’t someone be listening so they can rebut her arguments? They can’t! Their behavior is telling.

JMO

Boom. Defense makes an excellent point. If your kid has a fever you’re called and told to pick your kid up pronto and they can’t be back for 24 hours. So the idea that the school can’t force you to take your kid home is false! So if the school wasn’t alarmed enough to force her to take him home why should she have been? I’ve always said this protects the parents from criminal culpability. The idea that the school didn’t know he had a gun doesn’t fly. The school administrator testified that guns are very common in this community.

Atty Smith to the prosecution’s case right now:

XQHDmWH.gif

The “don’t do it” text is inexplicable. Defense says she meant don’t kill yourself - she thinks that once EC found out about a shooter he would use his gun to kill himself. That’s a stretch!

She just hit the ATF guy for not being able to say whether teens embellish/lie! She looked him right in his face! Lol She makes an excellent point that LE witnesses were all biased and that they intimidated lay witnesses and wouldn’t even answer simple questions she asked them on the stand. They wanted to “mess with me.”

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member