MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, shooting at Oxford High School, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder the last time they have had contact with anyone? The last time they were seen in the area? Trying to figure out how far they could have gotten in all directions since that time.

Do they have more guns? Could they be planning a murder suicide as a last resort?

They probably have a burner phone now. They'll need to go into gas stations to pay with cash so they could have/can pick one up there.

Yup. I am also wondering if they are contemplating a shootout with police...awful thought, but they seem like the type that would love the drama and its clear that they have basically abandoned their son for the time being. They have to know that if/when they are caught alive, they have forfeited being out of jail on bond from here to trial and beyond. Crazy scary people. I'm in Michigan, and sooo angry about this. jmo

I had the same thought, based on my own speculation. It's not unusual for parents to threaten to call their lawyer, or threaten to sue, when confronted with any difficulty their child is having, especially when in a meeting with admin.

I even had students say their parents would sue me. Where would they get a comment like that? I would usually laugh and say , "Ok." I never had any parents follow through with suing me.
Anyway, I don't know what happened here, but it's possible the parents reacted with hostility or threats. Just speculation.

My speculation only:
And when the parents push back and say "oh he's a good kid we have no problems at home. Just do your damn job." And they don't offer that they just bought him a gun. And there is no other evidence except the day before and the day of?

It's like progressive discipline at work. You jump to fast to termination and you get sued for wrongful termination. Do we know that the parents didn't threaten legal action over the edict that he get counseling within 48 hours as a form of defamation? We don't. Let's see if more doesn't come out about that conversation. Then we can parse blame.

This tragedy just seems to have been entirely preventable. I feel terrible for the parents and families of the victims.
Absolutely. All two often we see failures on multiple fronts that allow for events like this to take place.

The parents were the first line of defense, and they failed on several different levels.

As soon as that drawing was found though, there should have been protocols in place that would allow for a search of his bag, and required that his parents remove him from the premises.

The school had a resource officer, right? I mean, this is precisely why he/she is supposed to be there.

Breaking:

WXYZ) — 7 Action News has learned that police have found the car the parents of Ethan Crumbley may be traveling in.
The couple's black 2021 Kia Seltos SUV with the Michigan license plate number DQG 5203 was reportedly found in the 1100 block of Bellvue on the east side of Detroit.

At this point, we have no information that the couple has been located.

The Oakland County Sheriff's Office says they are actively searching for the fugitive parents of the suspected 15-year-old shooter in the Oxford High School tragedy.

James Crumbley and Jennifer Crumbley are each facing four counts of involuntary manslaughter. The suspect's father purchased the gun that was used in the deadly school shooting.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/oakland-c...hool-shooter-after-charges-filed-against-them

Breaking:

WXYZ) — 7 Action News has learned that police have found the car the parents of Ethan Crumbley may be traveling in.
The couple's black 2021 Kia Seltos SUV with the Michigan license plate number DQG 5203 was reportedly found in the 1100 block of Bellvue on the east side of Detroit.

At this point, we have no information that the couple has been located.

The Oakland County Sheriff's Office says they are actively searching for the fugitive parents of the suspected 15-year-old shooter in the Oxford High School tragedy.

James Crumbley and Jennifer Crumbley are each facing four counts of involuntary manslaughter. The suspect's father purchased the gun that was used in the deadly school shooting.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/oakland-c...hool-shooter-after-charges-filed-against-them
Hmmmm. Heading to Canada?

Prosecutor lays out disturbing timeline in explaining why school shooting suspect's parents were charged - CNN

This is very disturbing. But I think I know why the shooter was not immediately dismissed from school. As a former Special Education teacher, Counselor, my personal opinion is that he may have been classified with a disability. It isn't that easy to automatically suspend a child covered by IDEA.

The school has to follow "progressive discipline", the first is notifying the parents of the behavior, because at this point in time, the student had not actually done any violence towards another person.

The next step is getting the team together, and agreeing to "change in placement" for three days. That is suspension. The parents don't have to agree.

My personal opinion, is that IDEA protection goes too far and school officials should have more latitude.

I cannot believe they didn’t search his backpack before sending him back to class! They’re always searching backpacks in high school—left and right! That shocks me that they didn’t.

I had the same thought, based on my own speculation. It's not unusual for parents to threaten to call their lawyer, or threaten to sue, when confronted with any difficulty their child is having, especially when in a meeting with admin.

I even had students say their parents would sue me. Where would they get a comment like that? I would usually laugh and say , "Ok." I never had any parents follow through with suing me.
Anyway, I don't know what happened here, but it's possible the parents reacted with hostility or threats. Just speculation.

:eek::oops::confused::mad:

I cannot believe they didn’t search his backpack before sending him back to class! They’re always searching backpacks in high school—left and right! That shocks me that they didn’t.

Because few school officials see children with a disability as a threat.

However, this is not verified. I don't know anything about the shooter. But I do know a lot about school procedures.

Has it been confirmed that he had a backpack at school?

I went to high school in the Mesozoic age so I have no idea what high school is like these days. Do all HS students have backpacks?

It's scary. But then most CM episodes are.

Has it been confirmed that he had a backpack at school?

I went to high school in the Mesozoic age so I have no idea what high school is like these days. Do all HS students have backpacks?
You’re right, I don’t think it’s been confirmed. But I think pretty much all kids carry backpacks at school. All ages. I don’t know about this school, but most schools around here don’t even have lockers anymore.

I just can't get over these parents. Only interest in this point is saving their hides rather than doing whatever they could to assist their son.

Agree with the poster (which one I can't remember, my apologies to that person) who said earlier they thought the parents were fleeing because they were afraid the investigation would reveal worse crimes on their part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ricardo55