MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, shooting at Oxford High School, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
from your link:

So now their own butts are in a legal sling they basically completely bail on their minor child who clearly has some issues and is in custody for murder, by going on the lam?

There are no adequate words for these people that can be used here. :mad::eek:

I want to know more about their previous criminal records. I am betting all kinds of money that mom is a "I demand to speak to the manager" regularly sort.

I have a feeling these parents are also running from illegal activities we have yet to find out about.

Moo.

Be On the Lookout alert issued for James and Jennifer Crumbley, parents of accused Oxford High School shooter
By Jessica Dupnack and FOX 2 Staff
Published December 3, 2021 2:56PM
Updated 3:47PM
Michigan
FOX 2 Detroit

The Crumbleys are driving a black 2021 Kia Seltos SUV with the Michigan Plate DQG 5203. Anyone who sees the Crumbleys, pictured below, is urged to call police.

crumbley-suspects.jpg

CRUMBLEY-VEHICLE.jpg

40360635-e0d6-424e-9cbd-45ea5bcff919-CrumbleyArraignment_14.jpg

And a photo from this afternoon.

Ha ha! Im not making a judgment call, BTW. Lots of people in the US are into guns. Hunting. Target shooting. Etc. It’s a part of our culture, in some areas more than others.

I’m glad, however, that the parents were charged here. They armed a troubled kid. We see that too often.

I mean cars are a huge part of American culture as well. But if my child had emotional problems, made threats recently and wanted a car for Christmas, that would be a no go.
Absolutely, we are a big 2A family, husband shoots sporting clays, we live on a rural ranch, sometimes there is a need to be armed. We understand the responsibility that goes with gun ownership, properly secured, support background checks, getting rid of loopholes

According to testimony from Oakland County Lt. Tim Willis announced in court that James and Jennifer met with Ethan and school leaders on Tuesday morning. The parents left the school while Ethan was allowed to go to class.

A few short hours later, Ethan is accused of walking out of a bathroom and started shooting.

As news started to break, the investigators said James and Jennifer both took actions that indicate they knew something could have happened, McDonald said.

At 1:22 p.m., 30 minutes after the first 911 call was placed, Willis stated that Jennifer texted her son the following: "Ethan don't do it".

At 1:37 p.m., Willis said that James went home and searched for his Sig Sauer and then called 911 to report the missing gun. On the 911 call, he said he believed his son was the shooter.

Willis said the gun was stored unlocked in the parents' bedroom and that James had bought the gun on Friday, Nov. 26 at Acme Shooting Goods in Oxford. Willis said that Ethan was with him when he purchased the gun.

McDonald said Michigan laws allow minors to be present when a licensed carrier purchases a gun.

Additionally, Willis said that Ethan was caught in school searching for ammunition on Monday, Nov. 29, the day before the attack. In a text exchange, Willis said that James said "LOL, I'm not mad, you have to learn not to get caught."

“Ethan don't do it”: Parents of Oxford High School suspect sent messages during shooting

Suspect's parents did not flee and are returning soon, their attorneys say

From CNN’s Carolyn Sung and Mark Morales

Two attorneys working with Jennifer and James Crumbley, the parents of the Michigan school shooting suspect, say the couple left town on the night of the shooting “for their own safety” and are not fleeing.

"On Thursday night we contacted the Oakland County prosecutor to discuss this matter and to advise her that James and Jennifer Crumbley would be turning themselves in to be arraigned. Instead of communicating with us, the prosecutor held a press conference to announce charges," attorneys Shannon Smith and Mariell Lehman said in a statement.

"The Crumbleys left town on the night of the tragic shooting for their own safety. They are returning to the area to be arraigned. They are not fleeing from law enforcement despite recent comments in media reports," the attorneys added.
If the Crumbleys are not taken into custody and in court by 4:30 p.m., there will be no arraignment today, according to court administrator Amy Luce.

If they are taken into custody tomorrow, there could be an arraignment from Oakland County jail, as there will be no one at the courthouse tomorrow, Luce said.

Live updates: Oxford High School shooting in Michigan

Ha ha! Im not making a judgment call, BTW. Lots of people in the US are into guns. Hunting. Target shooting. Etc. It’s a part of our culture, in some areas more than others.

I’m glad, however, that the parents were charged here. They armed a troubled kid. We see that too often.

I mean cars are a huge part of American culture as well. But if my child had emotional problems, made threats recently and wanted a car for Christmas, that would be a no go.

I'm a bit confused by the charges. The child is charged as an adult, but now his parents are responsible for that "adult's" decisions? How does that work?

If he's charged as a child, then consider the role of the parents. Since he's charged as an adult, parents cannot be held accountable for their "adult" children's decisions.

It doesn't sound very encouraging. If the attorney is MIA, that's why LE put out a BOLO.

I would like to know when the attorney/s last had contact with their clients. If they left their home for safety reasons, where did they go and why haven't they returned in time for the arraignment?

Suspect's parents did not flee and are returning soon, their attorneys say

From CNN’s Carolyn Sung and Mark Morales

Two attorneys working with Jennifer and James Crumbley, the parents of the Michigan school shooting suspect, say the couple left town on the night of the shooting “for their own safety” and are not fleeing.

"On Thursday night we contacted the Oakland County prosecutor to discuss this matter and to advise her that James and Jennifer Crumbley would be turning themselves in to be arraigned. Instead of communicating with us, the prosecutor held a press conference to announce charges," attorneys Shannon Smith and Mariell Lehman said in a statement.

"The Crumbleys left town on the night of the tragic shooting for their own safety. They are returning to the area to be arraigned. They are not fleeing from law enforcement despite recent comments in media reports," the attorneys added.
If the Crumbleys are not taken into custody and in court by 4:30 p.m., there will be no arraignment today, according to court administrator Amy Luce.

If they are taken into custody tomorrow, there could be an arraignment from Oakland County jail, as there will be no one at the courthouse tomorrow, Luce said.

Live updates: Oxford High School shooting in Michigan
They should be safe with law enforcement...are they scared of the police?

I have a feeling these parents are also running from illegal activities we have yet to find out about.

Moo.

They look like they are drug users, to me. The change from their DL photos to recent photos is amazing. They do that thing where they try to hide their teeth in pictures, and their skin looks really haggard. They look very rough in that later picture.

They should be safe with law enforcement...are they scared of the police?

They're hoping their toxicology results will be better. And they would be, if they can stop using immediately in prep for their eventual arrest. However, hair samples will still reveal the last 90-180 days usages of several common drugs.

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused by the charges. The child is charged as an adult, but now his parents are responsible for that "adult's" decisions? How does that work?

If he's charged as a child, then consider the role of the parents. Since he's charged as an adult, parents cannot be held accountable for their "adult" children's decisions.
Yes.
This.

It feels a bit like wanting to have it both ways.

Hmm, great point, will be interesting to see how this plays out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member