MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case is just so sad.

IMO, this killer’s anger issues will get them locked up. I just pray another innocent person won’t have to die before that happens.

My point was this....
Imagine if it was just released the police found a shotgun hidden in MY closet.... the media would have ****ing orgasm over it! It would be breaking news!
But since the shotgun was found hidden in the parents closet.... no one in the media has ANY interest in bringing that up....
That’s just one example of the double standard in the media that I’m talking about.

Was that shotgun tested? I certainly hope so! You’re guess is as good as mine.

Perhaps the media don't know about the shotgun hidden in the closet. How do you know about it? How could a journalist verify this fact? Anyway, hiding a gun in the bedroom for protection does not seem that unusual or suspicious to me.

Has the police searched your apartment? If so, did they find any gun? It would not be surprising to me, and I wouldn't find it suspicious (unless it matched the murder weapon, of course).

The media knows because I’ve told them repeatedly about the shotgun.
The reason I know about the shotgun is because Nikki told me police found it hidden in their closet and asked her, “Did you know your husband has a shotgun hidden in your bedroom closet”. She said she told them it was “her shotgun”
I agree the shotgun, on it own, wouldn’t raise much suspicion. What raised my suspicion was Nikki claiming it was her shotgun.

There’s something you have to know about Nikki to understand this. Both Nikki and Ally were VERY anti-gun! I personally find it incredibly hard to believe that she own and kept a shotgun in her closet.
At the time the police found this shotgun I believe she, and still does actually, strongly suspected her own husband.
Based on all of nikki’s other attempts I’ve seen to cover for Franz, I believe she just claimed it was hers “in the moment”. At this time she probably wasn’t sure if that was the weapon was used and may not have been thinking about it being tested.
It most Likely was tested and found not to be the murder weapon. But I think Nikki’s had suspicions and was panicked, that’s why she claimed it was hers. I have my doubts.

I'm not an expert so take the following with a grain of salt.... but shotguns generally fire buckshot (pellets), which is very difficult to match. Bullets need to be shot from a rifled barrel in order to run ballistics. Shotguns are smoothbored (unrifled) and don't leave marks on buckshot or even slugs. Perhaps there is other technology that I am not aware of, though.

The media knows because I’ve told them repeatedly about the shotgun.
The reason I know about the shotgun is because Nikki told me police found it hidden in their closet and asked her, “Did you know your husband has a shotgun hidden in your bedroom closet”. She said she told them it was “her shotgun”
I agree the shotgun, on it own, wouldn’t raise much suspicion. What raised my suspicion was Nikki claiming it was her shotgun.

There’s something you have to know about Nikki to understand this. Both Nikki and Ally were VERY anti-gun! I personally find it incredibly hard to believe that she own and kept a shotgun in her closet.
At the time the police found this shotgun I believe she, and still does actually, strongly suspected her own husband.
Based on all of nikki’s other attempts I’ve seen to cover for Franz, I believe she just claimed it was hers “in the moment”. At this time she probably wasn’t sure if that was the weapon was used and may not have been thinking about it being tested.
It most Likely was tested and found not to be the murder weapon. But I think Nikki’s had suspicions and was panicked, that’s why she claimed it was hers. I have my doubts.

I appreciate your contributions and believe you are being truthful but the media cannot print your allegations without getting confirmation from either LE or Nikki/Franz, I would guess.

I'm not an expert so take the following with a grain of salt.... but shotguns generally fire buckshot (pellets), which is very difficult to match. Bullets need to be shot from a rifled barrel in order to run ballistics. Shotguns are smoothbored (unrifled) and don't leave marks on buckshot or even slugs. Perhaps there is other technology that I am not aware of, though.

That's interesting. Thank you for sharing that information. It's kind of sad, though, that it's hard to match ballistics if buckshot was used. I had been wondering if LE would have been able to match anything to a weapon, but it sounds unlikely.

Were the shell casings found at the crime scene? Even a spent shotgun shell can be forensically link to a specific gun by the firing pin impression, the mark from the breech face and - in the case of a semi-automatic - the ejector mark.

It’s possible the shotgun used has been destroyed or discarded in some way. Which would be disappointing.

Were the shell casings found at the crime scene? Even a spent shotgun shell can be forensically link to a specific gun by the firing pin impression, the mark from the breech face and - in the case of a semi-automatic - the ejector mark.

I believe LE stated the shell casings were found. Yes, the firing pin mark and, if a semi-auto or a pump, the extractor and ejector marks can be tied to a gun if they find it.

As with most things... Ally “moving back home” isn’t as black and white as people think.
She had “moved back home” about 3-4 months before she was killed. However, Ally still had many things (clothes, bathroom stuff) at my apartment and she still stayed with me at least 2-3 days a week. I lived right down the street from the hospital so when she had back to back shifts she almost always just stayed with me.
We had talked a lot about her just moving back in with me, but my apartment was very small so we had agreed to look at getting a bigger place together. Maybe even looking at a house or condo.
She really wanted her mom out of that house with Franz, and I agreed that If we found a big enough place that we could both afford her mom was going to come live with us.

This point completely contradicts what Ally's parents are saying (as you are well aware). According to Nikki, the relationship was over but the split was amicable. She also mentioned that Ally was going to Florida in August, to visit a person she casually dated in the past. At this point it is Nikki's word against yours. We know for a fact that Ally was living with her parents, so this supports Nikki's version. Sorry for being so direct, but is there any evidence that you can share that supports your version that the relationship between Ally and you was still romantic and that you had plans to get married? For example, did you keep text messages/emails etc. supporting your story?

I am wondering: Has anyone seen the contents of Ally facebook page?
Privacy settings are such that I can see nearly nothing.

I am wondering: Has anyone seen the contents of Ally facebook page?
Privacy settings are such that I can see nearly nothing.

there was a little more showing just the other day, but not much. Now there is nothing I can see.

I just looked at this (old) report:

https://www.wxyz.com/news/murder-remains-a-mystery-for-alexandra-brueggers-one-year-later

Some interesting observations:

1. The announcer said she was running on private land! Is this true? I thought she was running on Fish Lake rd. Could she
have been running on a different path close to Fish Lake Rd. when she was initially attacked (but ended up on Fish Lake Rd after
running away)?

2. Nikki says (around 1:30): "My daughter would run in the Village of Holly at certain times of the day because there were
so many lewd and crude comments yelled at her from cars that would pass her."
I am not sure what she means.
Is Fish Lake Rd considered part of the VIllage of Holly?
Does she get nasty comments on certain times of the day? Or in certain parts of town?
Is it common for people to yell mean comments from cars in that area? Where I live looks very, very similar (dirt road with sporadic houses) and I nor my female family members ever had any issues with people calling things from cars. (I do insist on people carrying mace while jogging, but so far they never had to use it. The main danger seems to be loose dogs that chase joggers.)

3. A certain suspect is not mentioned by name. But Nikki says that he was talking about "How he was going to sue whoever
gave police the tip." Who did she mean by this? Was this the first suspect (something like "Perigo"?) or Sutherland that she meant?

4. The Brueger's seem to be frustrated with the police investigation and they did not like it that police said that Ally likely knew her killer.
But surely police must have their reasons for believing this...

5. I am also surprised that Nikki says that Ally was shot 4 times in the back. Later statements of police said that she was hit only once.
This keeps puzzling me. Why did it take so long for thruth (?) to come out about how many times she was shot?

I just looked at this (old) report:

https://www.wxyz.com/news/murder-remains-a-mystery-for-alexandra-brueggers-one-year-later

...4. The Brueger's seem to be frustrated with the police investigation and they did not like it that police said that Ally likely knew her killer.
But surely police must have their reasons for believing this...

< Respectfully snipped >

This seems a rather strange thing to say. Why would Ally's parents take issue with LE's observations about the possibility that their daughter's killer might have been known to her? Ally came into contact with many people at the hospital, in her writing classes, and likely other aspects of her life. The fact that she might have known her killer helps narrow the possibilities of who might have wanted to harm her rather than a random shooter who came upon Ally while she was on her daily run. :moo:

< Respectfully snipped >

This seems a rather strange thing to say. Why would Ally's parents take issue with LE's observations about the possibility that their daughter's killer might have been known to her? Ally came into contact with many people at the hospital, in her writing classes, and likely other aspects of her life. The fact that she might have known her killer helps narrow the possibilities of who might have wanted to harm her rather than a random shooter who came upon Ally while she was on her daily run. :moo:

This is sort of answered at 0:28 in the video:
Nikki: "They hurt the case in the beginning when they [MPS] said they felt it was someone that knew our daughter Ally that murdered her."
She said that people with other tips would figure that the case had been solved.

I don't agree with this, though. I don't think it hurt the case.

This is sort of answered at 0:28 in the video:
Nikki: "They hurt the case in the beginning when they [MPS] said they felt it was someone that knew our daughter Ally that murdered her."
She said that people with other tips would figure that the case had been solved.

I don't agree with this, though. I don't think it hurt the case.

Ditto. I suspect that there was something found at the crime scene that convinced LE that Ally might have known her killer. Ally's parents probably haven't been told about many aspects of the investigation and don't know what LE discerned from the location where Ally was shot. Nikki feels strongly that everyone loved her daughter and was likely hurt to learn that the killer might have actually been someone that Ally knew. :moo:

So I have been thinking about the whole LE thinks maybe Ally knew her killer. One possibility that I thought of is that LE got a tip that she was seen in conversation prior to the shooting with someone? And it was only when Ally turned their back on them that the person decided to shoot, although taking a shot gun to such a confrontation implies premeditation. But if that were the case you would think that there would be a description, unless the tipster was far away and couldn’t really get a good look.

Just speculating! Don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Nikki just in denial? Or actively covering up? This great question and something I struggle with still.

I STRONGLY believe there is some version of emotional/psychology “battered women’s syndrome” in play here. In beginning I thought maybe just denial, but as she continued to dig herself into a pit of lies in recent weeks I believe there’s more to it then just denial. I believe if Franz hasn’t flat out confessed to her, she (at a minimum) strongly suspects Franz.

With that said, and even considering all the terrible things Nikki has said about me, I believe Nikki is in danger, and I’m not the only one who thinks this, or told LE this.

If Franz feels he’s lost control of Nikki at any point, or if he feels she’s said too much to me in the beginning (like that text)... I believe he may try to kill her, and/or run off to Germany (if he hasn’t already ran to Germany, but more on this later...). Both are very real possibilities at the moment.

Who also thinks Nikki may be in danger?

Regarding the friend's comments:
I find it odd that the friend brought up Franz taking Ally to Germany when she was younger. Interestingly, Franz also brought that up in his interview.

Over 30 years of family memories, and both people said the same thing? My hinky meter is going off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Plus, appearances can be deceiving. The way this friend that came out of the blue explains her relationship with her family sounds the same as saying “he always seemed so nice” about a guy who just murdered his entire family. Or “they always seemed like the perfect couple” when in fact he was abusing her behind the scenes...I trust a boyfriend of three years that she lived with over a childhood friend. However, it would also be nice to hear from a best friend she had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett