MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I’m not completely caught up, but can someone fill me in about the Perigo situation, please. What caused LE to suspect him in the first place? Did they receive an anonymous tip?

I don't recall that it was anonymous, but they said they received a tip.

Here you go it also says he was shown "pictures", not a video.

Suspect in murder of Holly jogger says he is innocent
Last July, someone shot the 31-year-old woman four times in the back as she jogged down Fishlake Road. Police right away say they were looking for a white or light colored sedan.

And when a tip recently came in - investigators thought they had their man.

"I was in shock, I was devastated," he said. "They went to my work, my daughter's school, my folks' house. It has been really traumatic."

While he was taken to jail, Perigo says police interrogated his family, friends and boss, impounded his white car, tore up his home and garage and destroyed his boat..

"They completely ripped them out of the floor," he said. "(They were) looking for gun bullets, whatever."

Police seized a map out of his car - and their phones and his daughter's tablet. No guns or bullets were found.

I don't recall that it was anonymous, but they said they received a tip.

Here you go it also says he was shown "pictures", not a video.

Last July, someone shot the 31-year-old woman four times in the back as she jogged down Fishlake Road. Police right away say they were looking for a white or light colored sedan.

And when a tip recently came in - investigators thought they had their man.

"I was in shock, I was devastated," he said. "They went to my work, my daughter's school, my folks' house. It has been really traumatic."

While he was taken to jail, Perigo says police interrogated his family, friends and boss, impounded his white car, tore up his home and garage and destroyed his boat..

"They completely ripped them out of the floor," he said. "(They were) looking for gun bullets, whatever."

Police seized a map out of his car - and their phones and his daughter's tablet. No guns or bullets were found.

Thanks! At the time of the article he had not been cleared by LE. I don’t see any further info on this. I’d love to know who phoned in the tip. Is he connected to Wes in any way? Not accusing Wes. Just asking.

From your link:

Michigan State Police would only tell FOX 2 no suspects have been cleared and they are looking for any information about Brueger's murder.

The reward has been increased to $10,000 for information leading to an arrest. But Perigo hopes police do a better job when it comes to getting their guy.

"It is ridiculous they are wasting their time on somebody like myself when there is somebody out there who has done it," he said.

Perigo says he wants to take legal action against the person who made the false police report, while investigators say he remains a suspect in the investigation.

Yes, it will be interesting. He seemed extremely confident about his posts, but he really should have hired and consulted an attorney before he took a polygraph and certainly before ever posting here. I sense that he was taking matters into his own hands without feeling the need for advice. The word “hubris” comes to mind.
Definition of HUBRIS

He apparently didn’t disappear from here because of legal advice, since Tricia said his membership was “revoked.” He can’t revoke his own membership. That would have been done by Tricia, since she has the power as owner.

Mi - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #3

Revoke definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary

Indeed. . That's why I said another reason - e.g. he may have wanted his posts removed for example ( from view anyway.)

So, I’m not completely caught up, but can someone fill me in about the Perigo situation, please. What caused LE to suspect him in the first place? Did they receive an anonymous tip?
We can't discuss him. I'll have to find the message.

Found it. Here’s what Tricia wrote on Friday. It went right over my head:

Also off limits is Brian Perigo. He has passed a poly and from what I understand he is no longer a suspect. If I am wrong about Brian let me know.

Mi - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #3

I haven’t found anything yet that says he is no longer a suspect and we only know he passed the polygraph (FWIW) from him. I don’t suspect him and I’m mainly curious about how he ended up a suspect and had his house torn apart, etc. My dh and I were the victims of a false report that we possessed marijuana back in 1969 and our house was torn apart, so I know it happens.

Hi Everyone,

Well, this is an eventful day in the case of murdered Ally Brueger as we are coming upon the 2 year anniversary of her death.

First, the lovely tributes for Ally and then a true bombshell of a story from Vera Hogan of the Tri-County Times.

In Vera Hogan's story, CombatMedic is discussed by law enforcement.

In the story as well is a very clear statement by law enforcement. Franz and Nikki are not suspects in their daughter's death. From the article:

“We do not consider the Bruegers as suspects at this time,” said Shaw earlier this month.

That is because Franz voluntarily submitted to a polygraph test, which was completed in Flint on Friday, April 13. He passed the polygraph conclusively, eliminating him as a suspect."

Since law enforcement has cleared Nikki and Franz they can no longer be discussed as suspects. They can be discussed as to their relation to Ally of course but no more murder accusation

I will personally be speaking to Combat Medic about our rule on Websleuths which is if the police say a person has been cleared then that person can no longer be discussed as a suspect.

While no rule is truly black and white on Websleuths this rule is as close to B&W as you will see on Websleuths

Also off limits is Brian Perigo. He has passed a poly and from what I understand he is no longer a suspect. If I am wrong about Brian let me know.

We will keep this thread open as long as the discussion stays civil.

If Ally's case comes to another standstill might I suggest you take a look at our Cold Cases forum and our Missing Person forum.

So many families could use your help. Just a note of condolence is on a cold case thread could mean the world to someone who thinks everyone has forgotten their loved one's case.

CLICK HERE FOR COLD CASE FORUM
CLICK HERE FOR THE MISSING FORUM.

Tricia
PS. I am typing this while I am melting. I look like a human popsicle half melted. All that's left are my arms, torso, and head. Everything else is in pile of goo. Since it is so hot please forgive and typos.

Bumping from Tricia.
"Also off limits is Brian Perigo"

Found it. Here’s what Tricia wrote on Friday. It went right over my head:

I haven’t found anything yet that says he is no longer a suspect and we only know he passed the polygraph (FWIW) from him. I don’t suspect him and I’m mainly curious about how he ended up a suspect and had his house torn apart, etc. My dh and I were the victims of a false report that we possessed marijuana back in 1969 and our house was torn apart, so I know it happens.

I'm on my way out for a while and don't have time to look it up, but I seem to recall that BP was stopped for a traffic violation that led to inquiries about Ally's murder.

I'm on my way out for a while and don't have time to look it up, but I seem to recall that BP was stopped for a traffic violation that led to inquiries about Ally's murder.

The article says the warrant came first. Very confusing!:

Perigo says his life was turned upside down all because of a bogus tip. According to the search warrants, they were signed Oct. 17th. But Perigo wasn't picked up for blowing through a stop sign until the next day - which Perigo claims never happened.

Bumping from Tricia.
"Also off limits is Brian Perigo"

But as I posted above, she also said to let her know if she’s wrong that he’s not a suspect. I don’t know if LE still considers him a suspect or has cleared him. That’s info I can’t find in MSM. So it seems up in the air.

ETA: But I’ll drop the subject, since he hasn’t been named recently as a suspect and he’s been through enough. My main point was that knowing who called in a probable false tip would be worth looking at. Sorry Brian. :(

Last edited:
I wonder if there has ever been a case where the real murderer called in a false tip to LE in order to cast suspicion elsewhere.

Quite likely, which is why I’ve been interested in who called in the tip about BP.

In my signature case, Stephanie Warner, her boyfriend immediately pointed at her ex-bf neighbor in a TV interview. That set off my hinky meter and within two months the current bf, Lennie Ames, was named the one and only suspect. Sadly, five years later he has not been arrested. Apparently it’s one of those “no body, no case” situations as far as LE is concerned.

It’s 2018. I think most people realize that any document can be retrieved as 'evidence', and that includes all internet communication. I’m not scared.
The two comments you're responding to were speculation about private messages and emails from Wes, not about what might be viewed as evidence from the board. He was hostile to us here where he knew he was being watched, so imagine what he might have been like in private. Maybe you wouldn't be scared by his threats but I hope you can understand how others might.

The two comments you're responding to were speculation about private messages and emails from Wes, not about what might be viewed as evidence from the board. He was hostile to us here where he knew he was being watched, so imagine what he might have been like in private. Maybe you wouldn't be scared by his threats but I hope you can understand how others might.
The trail started with BDE stating "conversation posts or private messages could also be subpoenaed for court proceedings" (alluding to Wes' PMs with other members) and then later stated "with members outside of this forum":
I suppose it's possible that conversation posts or private messages could also be subpoenaed for court proceedings.
That's very interesting because Wes has been pretty hostile on this public forum. I would imagine any private conversations would be even more disturbing.
Not to mention other correspondence (emails, texts, etc.) with members outside of this forum.
It’s 2018. I think most people realize that any document can be retrieved as 'evidence', and that includes all internet communication. I’m not scared.

The trail started with BDE stating "conversation posts or private messages could also be subpoenaed for court proceedings" (alluding to Wes' PMs with other members) and then later stated "with members outside of this forum":
Oh, so you must not have meant to include the two messages - "That's very interesting because Wes has been pretty hostile on this public forum. I would imagine any private conversations would be even more disturbing" and "Not to mention other correspondence (emails, texts, etc.) with members outside of this forum." Because that's why your response ("It’s 2018. I think most people realize that any document can be retrieved as 'evidence', and that includes all internet communication. I’m not scared.") didn't make sense. It has nothing to do with Wes' hostility.

I wonder if there has ever been a case where the real murderer called in a false tip to LE in order to cast suspicion elsewhere.

I'm sure there has. There's a lot of deception in the real world IMO

Oh, so you must not have meant to include the two messages - "That's very interesting because Wes has been pretty hostile on this public forum. I would imagine any private conversations would be even more disturbing" and "Not to mention other correspondence (emails, texts, etc.) with members outside of this forum." Because that's why your response ("It’s 2018. I think most people realize that any document can be retrieved as 'evidence', and that includes all internet communication. I’m not scared.") didn't make sense. It has nothing to do with Wes' hostility.

The only person who would have pm's is Tricia, I would think but if anyone has them we can't delete them anyway, right?

Last edited:
I'm sure there has. There's a lot of deception in the real world IMO

The only person who would have pm's is Tricia, I would think but if anyone has them we can't delete them anyway, right?
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. No, no one can access another member's private messages (other than maybe Tricia and maybe other moderators).

Afaik we can't delete them. If anyone has harassing or threatening private messages from our former VI I would recommend telling Tricia about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliff77