MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016

I recall an account of a woman who noticed that a car full of youths playing loud music on regular occasions no longer hung around the area. She was relating it to someone (NB?) who passed on the story and the advice to the woman to call it in.

I don't remember the source though, just the info.

Eta found it. Thread 1 page 44 first post #861 link posted above quote.
Maybe they were frightened away by a shooter on the loose?

This is not a random killing. It is deeply personal killing by a controlling person.

"Why would anyone shoot a 4-foot-9, 98-pound woman, in the back, four times as she is running away?..."

Four shots fired at the back of a petite woman trying to flee her assailant sounds like a rage killing. MOO

Hi Shires:

You asked me a couple questions and responded to a few points in the last thread that I'd like to address.

First, there indeed is evidence that points to Wes' possible guilt. It's circumstantial which is fine. Most evidence in murder cases is. That includes in this case (but is not limited to):

1. He has no confirmed alibi for whenever Ally was murdered. That's evidence.
2. He is a liar and has been inconsistent on various aspects of this case including his access to firearms and bizarrelly, to inside information he thinks LE has given HIM about the case, among other things. His lies about this case are evidence.
3. He had access to firearms. That's evidence.
4. He failed at least on polygraph. While that's not admissible evidence, it is still evidence.
5. The break up. Breaks ups are common motivators for murders by controlling men. The break up is evdience that can be used against him even though motive does not have to be proved. It almost always is presented for a jury to return a verdict.
6. The lack of sexual assault. That is evidence that points away from sexual predation as a motive and more toward random spree killer or someone who knew her.
7. The manner of killing. About 80% of intimate partner murders of a female by a male are via shooting. That stat is expert evidence.
8. His low threshold for anger and extremely controlling nature. That's evidence that fits a profile of a post-break up murderer.
9. Unknown evidence at the scene that led LE to believe that Ally knew her attacker.
10. Ally had no enemies.

To say there is no evidence is false. But your next question had to do with how or when he would be arrested.

They need enough evidence not just for probable cause, which they may indeed have, but to sustain a charge. Most DA's won't authorize prosecution unless they have more than mere probable cause and most LE work with the DA to decide to arrest someone.

I don't know what they have. I've seen cases where they clearly have a lot but the state feels it's not enough to go forward and it never does.

I've also seen cases where years have gone by with no movement and suddenly, LE make the arrest
and the charge goes forward. That could be because of significant new evidence or even something minor that tends to tie it together.

I don't know everything LE has so I can't say what they know.

My personal feeling is the boyfriend is the culprit. And I think he is going to do something else to someone else in the future because something appears very wrong with him and it's unlikely he will be able to maintain control for long with any other woman he dates.

It is quite possible he will never be arrested in this case but I think the likelihood of criminal charges in the future for something unrelated is high with this man. He seemed sadly unhinged in his posts.

Remember though that lack of sufficient evidence to go to trial does not mean a person is innocent, only that they must be treated as innocent by the court system.

Finally, you mentioned previously that because he drives a different car than one that was seen in the area around the time of the murder that means his means and opportunity to commit this crime are extinguished.

That's not close to logical, with respect. There is no evidence that the car is related to the crime. And there's no evidence that Wes was incapable of accessing a different car the night of the murder or that he didn't use his own that night.

Last edited:
Hi Shires:

You asked me a couple questions and responded to a few points in the last thread that I'd like to address.

First, there indeed is evidence that points to Wes' possible guilt. It's circumstantial which is fine. Most evidence in murder cases is. That includes in this case (but is not limited to):

1. He has no confirmed alibi for whenever Ally was murdered. That's evidence.
2. He is a liar and has been inconsistent on various aspects of this case including his access to firearms and bizarrelly, to inside information he thinks LE has given HIM about the case, among other things. His lies about this case are evidence.
3. He had access to firearms. That's evidence.
4. He failed at least on polygraph. While that's not admissible evidence, it is still evidence.
5. The break up. Breaks ups are common motivators for murders by controlling men. The break up is evdience that can be used against him even though motive does not have to be proved. It almost always is presented for a jury to return a verdict.
6. The lack of sexual assault. That is evidence that points away from sexual predation as a motive and more toward random spree killer or someone who knew her.
7. The manner of killing. About 80% of intimate partner murders of a female by a male are via shooting. That stat is expert evidence.
8. His low threshold for anger and extremely controlling nature. That's evidence that fits a profile of a post-break up murderer.
9. Unknown evidence at the scene that led LE to believe that Ally knew her attacker.
10. Ally had no enemies.

To say there is no evidence is false. But your next question had to do with how or when he would be arrested.

They need enough evidence not just for probable cause, which they may indeed have, but to sustain a charge. Most DA's won't authorize prosecution unless they have more than mere probable cause and most LE work with the DA to decide to arrest someone.

I don't know what they have. I've seen cases where they clearly have a lot but the state feels it's not enough to go forward and it never does.

I've also seen cases where years have gone by with no movement and suddenly, LE make the arrest
and the charge goes forward. That could be because of significant new evidence or even something minor that tends to tie it together.

I don't know everything LE has so I can't say what they know.

My personal feeling is the boyfriend is the culprit. And I think he is going to do something else to someone else in the future because something appears very wrong with him and it's unlikely he will be able to maintain control for long with any other woman he dates.

It is quite possible he will never be arrested in this case but I think the likelihood of criminal charges in the future for something unrelated is high with this man. He seemed sadly unhinged in his posts.

Remember though that lack of sufficient evidence to go to trial does not mean a person is innocent, only that they must be treated as innocent by the court system.

Finally, you mentioned previously that because he drives a different car than one that was seen in the area around the time of the murder that means his means and opportunity to commit this crime are extinguished.

That's not close to logical, with respect. There is no evidence that the car is related to the crime. And there's no evidence that Wes was incapable of accessing a different car the night of the murder or that he didn't use his own that night.

Appreciate your response. It will be interesting to see how it progresses.

Just one comment for now - Ally was shot at 2.30 in the afternoon not at night.

thumbnail

Here’s hoping LE is well aware of the threats spewed here and the obsessive, injustice-collecting nature of this suspect.
Yes, he put himself right out there. No FBI profiler needed in this case. That is the only thing that makes me think that maybe he did not do it. Why would someone show themselves like that? Incapable of controlling themselves.

Yes, he put himself right out there. No FBI profiler needed in this case. That is the only thing that makes me think that maybe he did not do it. Why would someone show themselves like that? Incapable of controlling themselves.

I believe he is an enraged narcissist, obsessed with proving his innocence from his first post here. He seems absolutely sure of his ability to fool everyone and convince us that he alone is seeking justice for Ally. So he keeps talking. He has no clue how transparent he is to most of us and how guilty it makes him look.

The suspect boyfriend in my signature case did the same thing, using YouTube to attack even his missing girlfriend, the VI and Websleuths. Clearing his name was his obsession. No one was fooled, least of all the detective.
JMO

I believe he is an enraged narcissist, obsessed with proving his innocence from his first post here. He seems iabsolutely sure of his ability to fool everyone and convince us that he alone is seeking justice for Ally. So he keeps talking. He has no clue how transparent he is to most of us and how guilty it makes him look.

The suspect boyfriend in my signature case did the same thing, using YouTube to attack even his missing girlfriend, the VI and Websleuths. Clearing his name was his obsession. No one was fooled, least of all the detective.
JMO
Yes, they think that if they prove their innocence in the court of public opinion, that LE will just give up. I am not sure that they even know that it does not work like that.
I don't know why he kept trying to prove to us that he did not do it. He needs to prove to LE that he did not do it, but he is (seemingly) not interested in talking to them at all.

Did I miss something? can anyone explain what just happened??

I guess the suspect came on here under a new and different name and immediately began ranting and threatening.

I was working a deadline and missed it live.

The dude is seriously unhinged. He seems like a danger to society. Just a powder keg waiting to go off.

But I must say I'm very interested in everything he has to say. Illuminating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298