MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look back a page or two her fiance posted on here. I will try and find and share.
Here ya go. Note he isn't verified.
My name is Weston Sutherland and I'm "the BF".... We actually had been dating for over 3 years and she moved in with me after about a year of dating. I have an apartment in Wixom right down the street from the hospital that both of us worked at and that's actually where we met each other.

Ally was the love of my life and my best friend! Both of us were full time students and neither of us had ever been in any trouble with the law. Neither of us had many friends, we weren't big partiers, and we had no interest in drugs or anything like that.
We spent most nights at the apartment just enjoying each other's company. She did the grocery shopping and I did the cooking. While I was making dinner, she was usually writing papers for class or watching Netflix on the couch. Every night we ate dinner in the living room so we could watch/play jeopardy together. Then, if neither of us had homework, we would usually watch our Netflix shows together and play scrabble. Everything came easy.... were best friends and madly in love!

Over time, getting married ASAP became one of her top priorities and we struggled to come to a compromise. She was already a nurse and I was still in nursing school. I was determined to wait until after graduation for marriage, she was determined not to wait any longer. We never had any bad or dramatic fights, neither of us are confrontational that way. We knew we wanted marriage, we just disagreed about the timing and I was just so stubborn.
Eventually she got tired of waiting and she decided to move back home with her mom in Holly. And we never really broke up... we were both really sad right after she moved back home. We eventually decided on a compromise... we would get engaged this Christmas and married after my graduation. She would stay with her mom until after the holidays, then we would go pick out a new apartment together. We still said I love you and talked every day, and she would come over a few nights a week. We had a good plan, we were deeply in love, life was good....

I know that none of you know me... and over the past few months I have becoming painfully aware that "The BF" is always the primary person of interest in a situation like this. Those first couple days hardly felt real... extensive police searches, extensive police questioning and interviews, handing over all my electronic devices, and then agreeing to a 6-hour polygraph.... All the while, trying to gain some kind of mental grasp on reality. In an instant, my entire world was turned upside down and thrown into complete chaos, sadness, depression.
Add to that: During Ally's funeral many of Ally's friends and family, unsure what to think at the time, deliberately ignored and avoided me. Ally's mom was the only one at the funeral that really knew me well enough to KNOW I would never have hurt Alex.

I get it... I completely understand why the BF is always the first person everyone assumes or at least wonders about when a beautiful and amazing woman's life is violently and senselessly ended like Ally's was...
So I get it, but all I want to say is... it hurts! It hurts to be looked at, or thought of, as someone who could even possibly do something that violently evil to anyone, let alone my little Ally! I need the police to find this monster. She really was an amazing woman and deserves Justice! And I need everyone to know, and not just 'know' but REALLY KNOW, that I would never of hurt her in any way and that loved Ally with all my heart!

Thank you, I read that before and that is part of my point. They lived together for two years in his apt. Close to the hospital. They never really broke up, but she moved back home. Then they compromised, agreed to become engaged at Christmas, and marry upon his graduation. Ok, now I see, after the holidays they were going to look for a new apartment together. I understand how she may have felt, engaged, new apt, new beginning. Just go back home for now.

Thank you, I read that before and that is part of my point. They lived together for two years in his apt. Close to the hospital. They never really broke up, but she moved back home. Then they compromised, agreed to become engaged at Christmas, and marry upon his graduation. Ok, now I see, after the holidays they were going to look for a new apartment together. I understand how she may have felt, engaged, new apt, new beginning. Just go back home for now.
Ok. I wasn't sure if you had read. I know I overlook, forget or just get overwhelmed after so many posts over a long period of time.

Sadly someone has gotten away with murdering this young woman. I do hope that changes someday.

If you look back a page or two her fiance posted on here. I will try and find and share.
Here ya go. Note he isn't verified...

Thank you for posting this, Lisa. I'm the OP and have been here since the beginning of the case. I have frequently contributed local media updates (I live in Oakland County; Holly is about 20 miles north of me). Don't know how I missed the boyfriend's post :blushing: There are so many other local cases that I try to follow, and I suppose the lack of news in Alexandra's case kept me from the thread at the time of his post. It truly saddens me that this young man has had to endure such criticism at a time when he is obviously grieving the loss of someone very special in his life :(

Rest in peace, dear Alexandra :rose:

Have the police cleared anyone in this case?

Was Combatmedic2121 ever vetted by WS regarding his status as an 'insider'?

Thank you for posting this, Lisa. I'm the OP and have been here since the beginning of the case. I have frequently contributed local media updates (I live in Oakland County; Holly is about 20 miles north of me). Don't know how I missed the boyfriend's post :blushing: There are so many other local cases that I try to follow, and I suppose the lack of news in Alexandra's case kept me from the thread at the time of his post. It truly saddens me that this young man has had to endure such criticism at a time when he is obviously grieving the loss of someone very special in his life :(

BetteDavisEyes,

I think he posted at the very beginning of Danielle S's case and I know you were very involved.
Myself and wfgodot tried to continue talking with him and get him verified but we failed. :( Still hoping he will return to websleuths and go through verification in helping to get justice for Alexandra.

I dont think he ever went through the verification process. I don't truly know as it seemed he posted once and gone. I can understand him wanting to tell his side of the story.

I wish we had more information on why LE thinks she knew her killer. I don't know which way to think.

I am sorry, BetteDavisEyes, but what is an OP? Thank you.

I am sorry, BetteDavisEyes, but what is an OP? Thank you.
OP = original poster. If you ever come across an acronym/initialism you're unfamiliar with, Google can help you out almost all of the time, although it took me forever to figure out BBM (bold by me), SBM (snipped by me).

HTH (if you haven't heard of that one, that can be your first Google search!)

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Where can I see the post by this person?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm sure most locals already know about the disappearance of Danielle Stislicki. I think the security guard who's the focus of that investigation should be looked at in this case, too. Even though the circumstances were different, both women were very fit brunettes around the same age. I can see them both being the same predator's type.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...anielle-Stislicki-28-Southfield-2-Dec-2016-12

I read about this last summer and thought it would be solved soon. I was shocked to come on here today and see there is no arrest.

I have no idea how LE believes Alexandra knew her killer. Something in the footprints where she may have stopped and turned around before walking toward the shooter? Then saw the gun and ran off? I read where the person who called it in saw her fall in his yard.

If this killer used a shotgun that is unusual. And it also means if they used buckshot then those pellets can't be traced to the gun like a pistol or rifle. (I don't believe a rifled slug would tell us anything either.) 4 shots means it wasn't likely used for bird hunting as the law requires guns with only 3 shots or less - a pump or automatic would have to have a plug in the magazine to restrict the capacity. A gun for deer or bear hunting is not required to be restricted to 3 rounds in most states. (Restricted to 6 rounds in Michigan according to the latest game laws.) If the killer fired from the driver's side of the car and ejected the spent shells into the car, then LE doesn't even have them to obtain a firing pin mark. But pulling anything except a short barreled (18"-20" barrel) with a pistol grip and no stock would be awkward getting out and then back in the car - extra time for a witness to take note of the car and possible the driver. And a shotgun, even a .410 or a 20 gauge is LOUD.

I read about this last summer and thought it would be solved soon. I was shocked to come on here today and see there is no arrest.

I have no idea how LE believes Alexandra knew her killer. Something in the footprints where she may have stopped and turned around before walking toward the shooter? Then saw the gun and ran off?
I wouldn't assume based on footprint evidence that she knew her killer. She might have approached a car if the driver pretended to be asking for directions, etc.

After looking at the road on Google Maps, I realize that section (11000 block) is all gravel. (Now that I think back I seem to remember that in one news article.) The chances of noting the tracks of her shoes seem to be fairly good. They say there were no witnesses, but after looking at the road I can't see it having a lot of travel in the summer (i.e., not hunting season) so the chance of a car being noticed is greater. I remember being on my grandmother's farm in the summers and you could hear a car or two a day coming down the gravel road in front of her house. I'd make note of it sometimes and grandma usually knew who it was, sometimes even it was a visiting relative of one of the nearby residents. We tended to notice the cars on that gravel road.

That car was probably leaving the scene at a rather high rate of speed for a gravel road and that would make it all that more noticeable.

Over in the Danielle Stislicki thread, user newwe pointed out that the South Lyon FD utilizes the hospital where Alexandra worked. The security guard connected to Danielle's disappearance used to work for the South Lyon FD.
https://www.southlyonfire.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/125-Health-and-Wellness.pdf

Looks like south Lyon firefighters have health check ups where alex worked.

Also if you go to Lyon Township fire fighters Facebook page they thank the nurses at Providence in novi because they work so closely with them. It looks like South Lyon and Lyon Township fire fighters work together, too.

I live in Oakland County, MI and follow the Danielle Stislicki case, as well. I don't see an obvious connection to the case at this time. Is the SG known to have a long gun in the trunk of his vehicle? Ally Brueger was shot in the back at close range with a rifle. I'm not aware of the SG owning a weapon or having access to a gun in his work. Security guards who are armed would most likely carry a hand gun, not a hunting rifle.

Are the SG's whereabouts known for the day that Alexandra Brueger was shot? If there is a nexus other than the remote possibility that Ally attended to the SG during her tenure at the hospital, I would be more likely to give this notion some credence. For now, it seems like rampant speculation. :moo:

Whether vetted or not, I do wish Combatmedic2121 would reappear; it's been five and a half months now and answers about many things have not been forthcoming. It would also help if the investigation were more transparent -- it almost feels like they do have a suspect but definitive proof is lacking. I wonder why they may assume they cannot receive more information from the public, and must wait for their (possible) suspect to make a mistake -- improbable if he or she has lawyered up by now.

Bumping for Alex. Prayers sent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members