GUILTY MI - Amy Henslee, 30, Hartford Township, 24 Jan 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
prayers for Amy and her family... I hope they find her soon... and safe!!!! goodnight friends!

I am really missing something, why did they not start searching yesterday? Or did they? And what about today? It seems as though LE knows what is going on but not where she is?

I read that there was family and friends out searching. But whether LE brought in any dogs and did any searching - I don't know. The Mid-Michigan Working Dogs Search and Recovery Team contacted LE and the family to offer their services - and have been put on standby. :waitasec:

for the "he" part (((that is if the reporter didn't leave the "s" out! LOL

LMAO! sorry, thanks for the laugh, it's needed. ( Ok, I'm still laughing)

as for the question about male or female, please see post #209 its just a few posts up.

Again, thanks Nursebeeme!

I wanna know more about the cousin. Why did he stop by? :waitasec:

FWIW, I find it odd that a cousin would just "stop by" without a phone call first...it's almost weird this day in age to just drop by without a call unless you're elderly or very very close. I don't know. Just a thought. The cousin is setting my hinky meter off. If it were one of my close cousins, and they stopped by at that time, I'd ask them what in the heck was going on.

FWIW, I find it odd that a cousin would just "stop by" without a phone call first...it's almost weird this day in age to just drop by without a call unless you're elderly or very very close. I don't know. Just a thought. The cousin is setting my hinky meter off. If it were one of my close cousins, and they stopped by at that time, I'd ask them what in the heck was going on.

I don't know, my house is grand central to our local family who never calls if the are out and about

It seems strange to me that a male cousin would stop by the home of a woman that time of day, unless he needed to pick something up.borrow something. If it turns out that he was just popping by to say hello, then there is something odd there.

It seems strange to me that a male cousin would stop by the home of a woman that time of day, unless he needed to pick something up.borrow something. If it turns out that he was just popping by to say hello, then there is something odd there.

I so want to go there but, then there's this little voice in my head that says

"we don't know if it was just her or James cousin, it could be the cousin and his wife/g/f. We also don't know if there was a call before hand and possibly no answer and figured they were passing by anyway, what are the chances she's not home she doesn't have a car. IMO I do want to hear more about the "cousin" though that's for sure.

And since Amy didn't answer the door when the cousin stopped - why didn't he stop by the welding shop to see if James knew where she was. I'm going on the supposition that James works pretty close to home.

Just thinking out loud again.

I guess I stand alone in still thinking the husband may be involved. I'm not set on him, but he's at the top of my list. Then the cousin. Then a stalker who knew her routine and waited until the husband left...

But the husband... my hinky meter is high. Maybe I've just been jaded and seen how spouses can harm spouses and parents can harm children, even when everyone around them says they would never do such a thing... :(

Hi Belimom!

I guess at this point it could be one of 4 things - stranger abduction, the husband, the cousin, or she left on her own to get away.

Remember the Tiffany Tehan case? Family & friends said there was no way she would leave her child & husband behind, that she was deeply religious, etc. But she did leave, and she left her child behind to pursue a new life with her boyfriend. That one blew me away!

I guess I stand alone in still thinking the husband may be involved. I'm not set on him, but he's at the top of my list. Then the cousin. Then a stalker who knew her routine and waited until the husband left...

But the husband... my hinky meter is high. Maybe I've just been jaded and seen how spouses can harm spouses and parents can harm children, even when everyone around them says they would never do such a thing... :(

I agree and like you feel those closest (spouses) are often the ones who are guilty... especially when there is life insurance to be gained, impending divorce and child custody (none of which I know about in this case) ..... Wonder if husband and/or cousin offered to take a lie detector test?

My hinky meter isn’t exactly going off yet…..but I can’t say that it’s 100% dormant at this point either.

What I find most puzzling is that the husband didn’t notice any unusual snow tracks when he came to check on her. There would have been his tracks from leaving & driving back in. There would have been the cousin’s tracks from driving in & out. As far as we know at this point…..no other friend/family have reported being there during the 7:30a to 9-9:30a time frame.

We know she didn’t just disappear into thin air. Assuming she didn’t leave the premises in the family vehicle OR the cousin’s vehicle…..that means there was a 3rd vehicle that made tracks up & down the driveway. Those tracks would have been made prior to the husband returning home that morning…..so that makes 3 sets of tracks (6 total) up & down that driveway within a two hour span……which is a pretty tight time line by the way.

To me, that many snow tracks on the driveway would have been pretty visible when the hubby turned into the driveway. I realize he may not have been cognizant of the tracks when he initially got there but as soon as he realized she wasn’t there, and few of her key items were…..he probably became acutely aware of the amount of traffic/tracks that MAY have been up and down the driveway. Yet….he didn’t notice any unusual tracks.

The only other thing I can deduce if there wasn’t a third set of vehicle tracks on that driveway is that she walked to the road and met with foul play or walked there intentionally for a “planned” pick up. At this point though……I don’t get the sense she left intentionally.

I have to admit the hubby’s “a bit overly detailed” description of how he left her that morning kind of made the old hinky meter jump some but then……my hubby is the kinda guy that WOULD let me leave the house with toothpaste on my lip so I’m not used to those “touchy-feely” kind of nuances. Still….the comment just struck me as odd.

About all my snow track babble above……I live in the deep south and admittedly have zero experience living in and dealing with snow. I realize it’s likely common practice to “follow in the tracks” left before you when driving in the snow. Perhaps that’s just what happened at the Henslee residence driveway and was therefore not really evident to Amy’s husband that perhaps 2 additional vehicles besides his own had been up & down the driveway that morning and that’s why nothing looked unusual to him.

(LOL....ignore my holiday avatar.....trying to get it changed)

Regarding the snow tracks....since it was accumulated snow and not newly fallen snow, there would have been dozens of tracks in many directions most likely. Kids coming and going from the bus and just from playing in the snow, etc. The dog running around the yard would also make tracks. Even SQUIRRELS make large tracks going through the snow between trees because their whole bodies make a mark as they jump from spot to spot. After a vehicle or two goes in and out of a driveway on snow, the tracks intermingle and blow over and get "smushed" together so it would be nearly impossible to tell one from another. Plus there was a lawn tractor type of thing there on the video being used to clear the snow, so the driveway could have been cleared down to the gravel so that only hard packed snow remained, leaving almost no tracks at all. I personally hate having snow on my driveway and will go out even late at night to clear it all off BEFORE it has a chance to get packed down which makes it even more difficult to clear.
jmo

I'm not sure the lack if tracks is relevant considering the winds and drifting we had Monday , tracks can be covered in minutes

Regarding the snow tracks....since it was accumulated snow and not newly fallen snow, there would have been dozens of tracks in many directions most likely. Kids coming and going from the bus and just from playing in the snow, etc. The dog running around the yard would also make tracks. Even SQUIRRELS make large tracks going through the snow between trees because their whole bodies make a mark as they jump from spot to spot. After a vehicle or two goes in and out of a driveway on snow, the tracks intermingle and blow over and get "smushed" together so it would be nearly impossible to tell one from another. Plus there was a lawn tractor type of thing there on the video being used to clear the snow, so the driveway could have been cleared down to the gravel so that only hard packed snow remained, leaving almost no tracks at all. I personally hate having snow on my driveway and will go out even late at night to clear it all off BEFORE it has a chance to get packed down which makes it even more difficult to clear.
jmo

Exactly and much more precise than my post!

VB Sheriff To Hold Press Conference On Missing Woman

The Van Buren County Sheriff's Department will hold a press conference at 8:30 Thursday morning regarding the disapearance of Hartford Township resident Amy Henslee. Stay with WSJM for more details. Henslee has been missing since Monday morning. Amy Sue Henslee, a stay-at-home mom, was last seen by her husband James Henslee around 7:30 a.m. Henslee is white, 30 years old, 5 feet tall, and 114 lbs. with brown hair and brown eyes. Henslee's other relatives and friends were contacted and didn't know where she was. Henslee lives in the 67,000 Block of CR 372. Henslee tells WSJM News that yesterday morning started like any other day for his wife and two children.

http://www.wsjm.com/VB-Sheriff-To-Hold-Press-Conference-On-Missing-Wom/9067434

Locals...was the weather on Monday conducive to going for a walk? I have lived out in the country on a back roads pretty much my whole life and it has never been unusual for folks to walk by the house...even on really cold days. Those who walk for exercise are out there in pretty much everything except for rain and thunderstorms.

I saw some interview with one of the local LEOs and he said something to the effect that foul play was not suspected at this time.

Maybe she went for a walk, tripped and fell or something, and is lying in the snow somewhere...a la Tanya Shannon. Hopefully not...but the 'no foul play is suspected' thing set that one off for me.

The other option, I suppose, with no foul play suspected would be that she left voluntarily. However, I would think that she would still take her purse and her wallet...even if she wanted to disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member