GUILTY MI - Amy Henslee, 30, Hartford Township, 24 Jan 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wimbley said Henslee wasn't the type of mother to just disappear and leave behind her children, especially since her oldest son's 11th birthday is on Jan. 31.

For me, that's really all the info I need. No mother would voluntarily leave right before a kid's birthday. If she was feeling stressed, depressed, whatever, she'd leave after, in my opinion. To a mom, birthdays of your kids are very special.

Mine too....toothpaste kiss, fixing coffee, waving at the window....I think we need to make sure he is not quoting a Leave it to Beaver episode instead of what might have really happened. but then again I'm cynical. :)

No offense meant, but....yeah, that's cynical. Spouse and I do this every morning and we've been married more than 30 years. Well, not toothpaste every morning, because some mornings we both manage to be presentable :D Not to say he is or isn't lying -- I'm waiting for evidence before I join any lynch mobs -- but just because it's cute and sweet doesn't mean it's a lie.

http://www.wsjm.com/Former-Henslee-Boss-Comments-On-Disappearance/9068827

"Prior to the vigil, friends were out in force posting missing flyers all over southwest Michigan, including her former workplace The Hot Spot restaurant. Henslee was a waitress at the Hot Spot around a year and a half ago. Her parents were co-owners and her husband James still works for owner Gary Jewell -- doing yard work for extra money. He says Amy is an energetic worker...

Jewell doesn't think James has anything to do with her disappearance. He calls him a very good guy. He says his customers are talking about it and speculating on what may have happened"

20 years ago I was at home w/ 2 very young daughters. Landline phone only / no computer. I never felt like I was lacking anything or "trapped".

Times have changed drastically.

So much of it depends on personality and situation. I wasn't even home full time and I felt completely trapped by children, marriage, expectations, burdens. An impending birthday party might have been the last straw. I went through a depression so bad it's only God's grace I didn't wind up as one of those stats of "mother kills self, two children." I was so deep in the situation I couldn't see how to change it. I thought about just running. I almost did. Almost walked out of the gym and kept walking. I would have had nothing with me (didn't take ID or money to the gym where it could get stolen) and would have disappeared in the ten minutes between when I finished early and spouse was due to pick me up.

I couldn't talk to anybody about it, either. There's too much shame to being such a bad mother that you feel like you can't face your kids in the morning, and you just want to leave. You hide it, and it gets worse and worse, and you wind yourself up in the morning with a happy face and stay on top of everything, and then you just...crack...

Fortunately for me, I got love and a life preserver at the same time as the little tiny thing that made me crack, and from then I crawled out of the pit. But not everybody is so lucky.

So much of it depends on personality and situation. I wasn't even home full time and I felt completely trapped by children, marriage, expectations, burdens. An impending birthday party might have been the last straw. I went through a depression so bad it's only God's grace I didn't wind up as one of those stats of "mother kills self, two children." I was so deep in the situation I couldn't see how to change it. I thought about just running. I almost did. Almost walked out of the gym and kept walking. I would have had nothing with me (didn't take ID or money to the gym where it could get stolen) and would have disappeared in the ten minutes between when I finished early and spouse was due to pick me up.

I couldn't talk to anybody about it, either. There's too much shame to being such a bad mother that you feel like you can't face your kids in the morning, and you just want to leave. You hide it, and it gets worse and worse, and you wind yourself up in the morning with a happy face and stay on top of everything, and then you just...crack...

Fortunately for me, I got love and a life preserver at the same time as the little tiny thing that made me crack, and from then I crawled out of the pit. But not everybody is so lucky.

Thank you for sharing this Carbuff, it's a very insightful post
There is so much stigma surrounding depression in mothers and I imagine it is very hard to seek help or even be understood or have a sympathetic ear

Authorities in Van Buren County will have an update Thursday morning regarding the search for a missing woman.

Amy Henslee, 30, of Hartford Township was last seen by her husband, James, in their home Monday morning.

Detectives say they have a promising lead in the case, and will have more details at 8:30 a.m. during a news conference, which will be streamed live on WOODTV.com.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/missing-woman-case

I won't be able to watch... I hope it is good news...

this station will be streaming live

I can't watch either, I'm in the office so if anyone would be able to post a summary for us that would be great! :)

I am trying to keep open mind...

The doors locked! She could lock herself out and walked to use a phone I guess?

Leaving on her own was my 2nd theory:waitasec: Someone would had to pick her up?

I assuming no computer or internet?

I don't understand why they couldn't get fingerprints or tire prints? they could eliminate the family ???

I have doors that automatically lock when they close so I have locked myself out several times by accident and then had to go to a neighbor to use a phone if I didn't have my cell phone. I feel safer having doors that lock automatically for the most part since I'm home alone a lot.

I have live video on now, they're talking about weather. I hope to be able to give an update, my kids have a 2hr delay here in PA, so it's cutting it close as to getting 1 of them out to the bus stop.

other agencies helping,nothing new to offer other then what has been provided to us. don't know if this is an abduction,crime,or volunteer missing.

- They have no idea what they are dealing with.

- She was last seen at 7:30AM by husband. Kids get on bus at about 7:20. He calls her at 10:00AM as it is normal routine and gets no answer. Continues to call and after about a half hour goes home. Front door is locked so he goes out back gets in that way. Hollers to her no answer at all. He calls her parents to see if they had heard anything. A few friends drive around, he drives around looking for her. Parents then come over. He makes a missing report at 4:30 in the afternoon. Is advised by LE to continue talking to people searching for her.

- They are thinking that maybe she is involuntary missing person.

Going over what we already know about time's, James break, calls wife everyday at 10am. Stay at home to raise the kids, doors locked, able to get in around the back. He calls her parents, they didn't hear from her, called friends, they didn't hear from her, they only have 1 operating car right now, he had it. Parents come to house, continue to call friends, he continues to drive around, calls LE at 4pm, was adviced by LE to continue to try to locate her. AT this time what we have is a possible volunteer missing. That night, a Police officer took a report from James.

other agencies helping,nothing new to offer other then what has been provided to us. don't know if this is an abduction,crime,or volunteer missing.

Thank you for letting us know! :)
That's funny I thought they implied they had new info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads