GUILTY MI - Amy Henslee, 30, Hartford Township, 24 Jan 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for sharing this Carbuff, it's a very insightful post
There is so much stigma surrounding depression in mothers and I imagine it is very hard to seek help or even be understood or have a sympathetic ear

Thanks. Yes, very hard -- and the people you most try to hide it from are the people closest to you, y'know? Because you're failing them so badly. You start to think they'd be better off without you.

I'm not saying Amy's depressed or anything. I just don't know. But I won't be surprised, either.

what is an "involuntary missing person" - is that supposing the person is abducted or harmed or had an accident?

Says didn't exercise, says possibly left with someone. Says if she did leave with someone, it was someone she trusted/knew. Therefor, we for the first day and a half concentrated our efforts on talkign to friends/family.

- They have no evidence of struggle, scruffling etc. Nothing looks amiss in the house as if she was taking against will.

- LE said that someone knows something.

-Husband says that she does not go for walks and will not open the door to strangers.

-Common sense tells LE that if she left with coat and shoes that she possibly left with someone she knew because she does not go for walks or open doors to strangers. If she did leave with someone she had to have left with someone she knew. Therefore the first day in a half they concentrated on people she knew. Friends, family, ex coworkers etc.

she doesn't exercise or go for jogs. Many friends and family helped them by letting them know she wouldn't go with someone she didn't know. Had a briefing with Major task force this morning, have about 30 different tips today to work on, not sure what they have yet. Things don't make sense yet. Did a search of house last night, talked to James again last night more detailed, doing another detailed search again at the house this morning.

- Did basic search of house, basic search of property. Last night they did full search of the house. Are speaking more with the husband. They are doing a detailed search this morning with LE from their department and fire department from town.

Good catch, I wonder if this is THE cousin...

IMO, the cousin quoted in this article is a different cousin from the one who supposedly "stopped by".

He (TW from the article) comments on his own FB that the "next door people didn't see anything besides my cuz at 9"...

they believe she is still alive and someone knows where she is. had an awful lot of false sightings the last 2 days which has wasted time.

At that point int ime, had so many friends and family. Public is our eyes and ears. It has created so much work for us, through that, with resources we have, we cannot handle that. Thus why the major task force is (here). We had a briefing yesterday afternoon to discuss where we are and where we're going to go. ... As of this morning, we went out last night and worked late last night on some tips, and....we have approximately 30 different tasks/tips/assignments to do today. Time is of the essence to us. We don't know what we have. Things don't make sense. Did a search of the house last night. Did basics initially, because what we had was a oluntary missing person. We've stepped that up now. Detailed search. Had a more detailed interview with James - so we understand more about her and where we're going with talking to firends/family and any associates in the past. Doing a detailed search this morning at the house with volunteers/people from our department. Important for us to do a criminal search before civilians do. We have no idea what we have. If we do run into something that we need as evidence, it's important that we have that. So that's why we're trying to do the search before anyone else does. We've canvassed that street and talked to neighbors. We're doing more detailed interviews with them. Basically, that's kind of where we are right now. My belief is, someone out there knows and she's still alive and that's why time is of the essence. I urge someone to contact us. We've had an awful lot of false sightings the last few days. Has taken a lot of time, and that's why we need more help. 3 hours worth of telephone calls from media yesterday morning but would ahve prefered to be out working on this. W

Question from woman on FBI. Says FBI is part of their team.

Question from : A lot of things not going to disclose things we've done (a lot of things). Family DID NOT HAVE A COMPUTER.

family didn't have a computer, they got phone records.

found no tracks leading away from property, so they're thinking she got into a car in the driveway. James has been very cooperative. Anything they've asked James for, he has given.

No personal effects taken...coat and shoes only thing missing?

only things they can find missing for sure is her coat and shoes, only a possibility that she got into a car, not going to disclose or discuss any issues in the marriage or family problems.

Question from male about canines: Says "not at this point, but one of our officers is a canine unit and did an initial search. Didn't have initial tracks leading away from property.

Question about James being cooperative: Says "absolutely. in touch with him and his father a lot - anything we've asked for he's given us.

Question about personal effects: "I will tell you through our search last night (very detailed search), did not disclose anything that raises a red flag to us. The only things we can find missing are her coat and shoes, that's it."

Question about issues in the marriage: "That's a POSSIBILITY. There are many possibilities that we haven't determined. We have to open our mind up. Anything right now related to them personally with their lifestyle, i'm not going to disclose or discuss."

QUestion about James getting psych exam: "we're going to run with the major crimes task force. I know you don't understand how MTF works, but we'll have a briefing every morning. Everyone has a file and grab their assignments. We'll have a briefing and everyone disperses, come back. They have reports that they have to do so we know what's been done and what info has come in"

Red flag to me is the front door being locked but back door being unlocked. What the heck is up with that?

James is not a suspect, as far as what they have is a volunteer missing. James offered to take a LDT more then willing to take one, LE doesnt feel its needed at this point.

Voluntary missing person, however major crime taskforce has been brought it? I do not understand that.

Above is quoted "involuntary missing person" and "voluntary missing person". Which one is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member