GUILTY MI - Amy Henslee, 30, Hartford Township, 24 Jan 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Says James is not a suspect - we have a voluntary missing person. I don't see a reason for a psych exam for him. At the present time do not feel is necessary.

Question about LDT: We have discussed that with James last night. Said he will be more than willing to take one - he wants to take one. Not sure if the time is right in the investigation. Says "We're SURE right now he's telling us the truth". If we give him poly, will hold off on that right now.

"Information we get has said she's a very good mother and her kids are her life. That along with the fact that her and her husband stay in close contact. James says never has a day gone by they haven't talked, no matter WHAT WAS GOING ON.

Quesiton about cousin coming by: can't comment on it - we're following up on it. Not going to disclose that at the present time

Question about SAR: "Basically, they're going to do a search from the area and two to three houses to east/west they live and to the north. The area behind their house is an open field, agricultural field, covered in snow right now.
Says he doesn't KNOW if that has been done yet. Says citizens looking too.

Saying between an 1/8 - 1/4 mile search around house will look.

To be involunary missing person, they would have to have some proof that she was abducted? I would think....JMO

Red flag to me is the front door being locked but back door being unlocked. What the heck is up with that?

Pretty normal for rural areas. You go in and out through the back door to get to your yard, car, etc. The front door is only used by door-to-door salesmen, Jehovah's Witnesses, and other strangers. So mainly the front door stays locked all the time.

She did have access to a computer occasionally but not at the house. No record that they're aware of on James.

Give me a second. Typing fast and will clarify.

Says are going to do a grid search today with canines and will discuss different types of canines.

Question about where Amy worked: Says worked there Oct 09 - Sept 10.

Question: Does amy have access to computer? (Says she DID have access to computer she used occaisionally - not at the house, though)

Question about search: James consented. We searched the entire property.

Question about civil/domestic filings: says none of that in their county.

Question about public helping: "The family jumped on it and got fliers out. Very tight knit community. It's been a great help to get those fliers out. We've really had our hands full for a day and a half. .... Trying to get a background on her from family/friends and hit on that one person who knows something.

Pretty normal for rural areas. You go in and out through the back door to get to your yard, car, etc. The front door is only used by door-to-door salesmen, Jehovah's Witnesses, and other strangers. So mainly the front door stays locked all the time.

I agree, I live in a rural area, and right now the front door is locked as always, deadbolt and all, but the back door in not locked unless I leave or taking a shower ect....

got a lot of leads, none of them have produced anything.

Says James is not a suspect - we have a voluntary missing person. I don't see a reason for a psych exam for him. At the present time do not feel is necessary.

Question about LDT: We have discussed that with James last night. Said he will be more than willing to take one - he wants to take one. Not sure if the time is right in the investigation. Says "We're SURE right now he's telling us the truth". If we give him poly, will hold off on that right now.

"Information we get has said she's a very good mother and her kids are her life. That along with the fact that her and her husband stay in close contact. James says never has a day gone by they haven't talked, no matter WHAT WAS GOING ON.

Seems to be saying that even those times (like any couple) when they were mad at each other they still talked so this is completely out of the norm. Not like she has gone off with a friend before even with an argument, so since there is apparently no argument its bizarre.
She is gorgeous and exactly the sort some sicko could decide was "his".

With the husband working so close i don't think the car is an issue, also makes sense of her calling if she wanted to run an errand..then he could get her and give her the car for it.

Gosh..can you believe people live without computers????

Question about have leads produced anything: NO. We've followed up on every sighting, even out of the area.

Says pulled up videotape from places, and we don't have anything right now.

Says at least 30 people they've talked to. I'm sure it's more.

Question about number of tips: At least 30 assignments today. They keep coming in.

SHE"S A VOLUNTARY MISSING. I HAVE NO REASON TO BELIEVE SHES NOT ALIVE.

Question about credit card usage: No evidence of that.

Question about cell: Did not have a cell

Question about James not noticiing tracks around the house: basic search was done by sergeant who took initial complaint on Monday night. Didn't see any tracks. Talked to James father who said he went out and found nothing too.

Still think that cousin is suspicious.

Hubby seems to be uninvolved imo which is a relief because to often by the 2nd day we find all sorts of reasons he is likely.

imo

I don't understand why this LE guy is saying they are focused on her being alive. I think they should focus on both possibility's. Who is to say someone didn't come in that back door and said "Get your f* shoes and coat on and you won't get hurt" and forced her out of there with a gun held to her head or held to her in general? I mean anything like that could have happened.

Had a detective who has had some contact with kids. One of them doesnt understand why Mom's not home. One of the kids doesn't seem to understand. They are 8 and 10.

(Kinda complaining about fielding media calls - says he was doing that for 3 hours yesterday when needed to be working). Says will update via email. I will plan on every morning to throw out media updates to media, whether we have anything or not. We will have someone internally assigned to take calls, info, etc and sort those out)

END OF PRESSER.

I agree, I live in a rural area, and right now the front door is locked as always, deadbolt and all, but the back door in not locked unless I leave or taking a shower ect....

Same here....if someone comes to my front door, then they don't know me very well...and I would not answer a knock at the front door without peeking out the window first....

Okay =) Sorry it's jumbled. Was literally typing as he spoke. I can't udnerstand why he keeps emphasizing "VOLUNTARY" missing person and then contradicted himself earlier.

I don't understand why this LE guy is saying they are focused on her being alive. I think they should focus on both possibility's. Who is to say someone didn't come in that back door and said "Get your f* shoes and coat on and you won't get hurt" and forced her out of there with a gun held to her head or held to her in general? I mean anything like that could have happened.

They pretty much always say the missing person is alive until they have real evidence otherwise. Doesn't mean they aren't looking at all possibilities, that's just the way they frame it. May help to keep people looking for the missing person in case they are alive. and also it's important for the family and loved ones to still hold on to that hope and not hear dire stuff from LE.

Well, seeing as they're saying James is not a suspect and they have no problem talking about him but won't go into details about this cousin causes me great concern.

So they are saying "voluntary missing"? Or not? How confusing.
I thought they had a good lead yesterday-maybe it is the cousin, that is the only thing they would not comment on...but then he is available, so she did not run off with him apparently...
I can kind of see why she might take off...it sounds as though she was very isolated. No matter what anyone thinks about not having a computer or cell phone or car, these days you are isolated without them.

Okay =) Sorry it's jumbled. Was literally typing as he spoke. I can't udnerstand why he keeps emphasizing "VOLUNTARY" missing person and then contradicted himself earlier.

WillenFan21 heard "involuntary" -is this guy mumbling?

Same here....if someone comes to my front door, then they don't know me very well...and I would not answer a knock at the front door without peeking out the window first....

AND I too do not answer the door to anyone that I do not know (unless husband is home), where I live no neighbors can see my front door. So I have the thought of someone just barging in when I open the front door. These days one can not be too careful...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member