GUILTY MI - Amy Henslee, 30, Hartford Township, 24 Jan 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our internet is down b/c of snow/ice, so I missed the presser but trying to catch up (surfing slowly via cell phone tether... :():

bbm

found no tracks leading away from property, so they're thinking she got into a car in the driveway. James has been very cooperative. Anything they've asked James for, he has given.

Question about issues in the marriage: "That's a POSSIBILITY. There are many possibilities that we haven't determined. We have to open our mind up. Anything right now related to them personally with their lifestyle, i'm not going to disclose or discuss."

Says James is not a suspect - we have a voluntary missing person. I don't see a reason for a psych exam for him. At the present time do not feel is necessary.

Question about LDT: We have discussed that with James last night. Said he will be more than willing to take one - he wants to take one. Not sure if the time is right in the investigation. Says "We're SURE right now he's telling us the truth". If we give him poly, will hold off on that right now.

"Information we get has said she's a very good mother and her kids are her life. That along with the fact that her and her husband stay in close contact. James says never has a day gone by they haven't talked, no matter WHAT WAS GOING ON.

I know they're saying he is not a suspect but it doesn't mean he's not on their radar, kwim? He can be on their list of folks they're looking at w/o naming him.

I do believe there's a chance it was the cousin, or she chased after the dog if he ran off (big field out back, right?), or something like that. I don't believe she left on her own w/o her purse or some other things.

The timeline is so tight here:
- 7:30: husband leaves
- 9:00/9:30: cousin stops by
-10:00: husband calls then comes home

If cousin did it, he only has about a 30-minute to one hour window before the husband called and then came home.

If husband did it, he had about an 1- to 1 1/2-hr window of opportunity before the cousin stopped by.

If it were a stalker/stranger, they had about that same timeframe as the husband did.

So for there to be no struggle, it was someone she knew: husband or cousin. All MOO...

I do hope she is okay, but not so sure about it -- unless she left on her own, which I think didn't happen. LE may believe that and they may be right (or wrong), or they may be trying to make others feel at ease.

OK look at this one compared to the video. I think this is it and it's actually next door to the mobile home I posted earlier.

picture.php

About the back door being unlocked: it could be a sign that she didn't walk out on her own (or was forced out with gun/knife), and whoever took her used the back door. From the looks of the driveway with the garage and somewhat 'enclosed' area that is mostly hidden from view, that seems like the most logical way to exit the house with her and not be seen. Even if it were the husband who would not arouse neighbor's suspicions at that moment, if he didn't want someone to recall seeing her leave with him, that would be a good place to exit the house.

It also just looks like the normal entry/exitway that they use.

No all I heard was voluntary missing....no car, no cell, no computer, no job....kinda cut off from the world. And that is the way some controlling people like to keep those closest to them....JMO

Yes and that bothers me a lot! If they lived in town I would understand that more.

I live rural and there no way I would not have a car or phone. Now a cell phone does not get signal out here. I have one but only used it when I go to town.

I wonder why the dog was chained:mad: with all the land he should been able to run. I have outside dog and inside dog and trust me my outside dog does not like strangers. I had to put a "Beware of dog sign". He bites.

Plus two little boys that might have accidents it take a long time out here to get medic.

Did she take James to work when boys had appointments? Or did he take off work to go with them.

We still not heard if the boys seen mom that morning? or did I Miss that!

I have so many questions? I hope we heard if LE clear James:banghead:

The little toothpaste thing was over the top to me. Plus no different tire tracks? no footprints? The cousin tire tracks should been notice.

I'm curious if what James calls the front door is actually the one on the side of the house near the garage. IMO there isn't a door on the front of the house facing the street.

picture.php

I don't know why Lt. Lux would say "a relative or an acquaintance came by the home before 10:00 a.m." when it has already been fairly well established by both Amy's husband and TW that it was a cousin who visited the Henslee home that morning at approximately 9:00 a.m. (TW is another of James's cousins. He was quoted earlier in this thread.)

And though Lt. Lux was quite open about most aspects of the case, the one area he was silent about was the cousin who stopped by. To me, there are only two explanations for his silence: 1) the cousin is a minor; 2) the cousin is the only good lead they have. Am I missing something?

JMO

I don't know why Lt. Lux would say "a relative or an acquaintance came by the home before 10:00 a.m." when it has already been fairly well established by both Amy's husband and TW that it was a cousin who visited the Henslee home that morning at approximately 9:00 a.m. (TW is another of James's cousins. He was quoted earlier in this thread.)

And though Lt. Lux was quite open about most aspects of the case, the one area he was silent about was the cousin who stopped by. To me, there are only two explanations for his silence: 1) the cousin is a minor; 2) the cousin is the only good lead they have. Am I missing something?

JMO

Unless there's a report of somebody at the house that they aren't sure is the same cousin.

I watched the presser and am encouraged with this le....asking for help...seemingly intelligent. Hope she is found soon!

I'm getting really suspicious now of the cousin. Someone posted earlier that there is an RSO in the next town over (Lawrence but same county, Van Buren) with the same last name. I've looked on ancestry.com and found newspaper clippings suggesting that he may be a relative.

I'm still looking into it. I won't post how I think it's linked unless it's a sure thing.

updated article references her keys and NOW states house was locked.

snip - In a press conference Thursday morning, police say that Amy may be voluntarily missing because she took her shoes, coat, keys and locked the house before leaving.

http://www.wndu.com/hometop/headlin...Amy_Henslee_114616129.html?storySection=story

To leave behind your purse and not take anything else still says to me that she wasn't planning on walking away for good, that she had plans to return, kwim?

Just because someone left their home voluntarily does not mean that they remain missing voluntarily. There may be more evidence that LE has suggesting she left permanently on her own, but if that's all they have to go by, then I still think there's foul play. MOO

To leave behind your purse and not take anything else still says to me that she wasn't planning on walking away for good, that she had plans to return, kwim?

Just because someone left their home voluntarily does not mean that they remain missing voluntarily. There may be more evidence that LE has suggesting she left permanently on her own, but if that's all they have to go by, then I still think there's foul play. MOO

I am baffled by this case.

But, if she did voluntarily walk away she may have been in a rush and very nervous so could have left her purse. If she walked away, she probably knew that she had so much time to get the heck out of dodge before her husband came looking for her.

Not saying she did because at this point we know not much. I really don't know what to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!