GUILTY MI - Amy Henslee, 30, Hartford Township, 24 Jan 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beli my post was the first one on here after the thread-opener and my old cynical brain was already questioning things...but I don't like to say...

We live about 25 mi. from Hartford. And no, it was NOT a nice day for a walk. It was snowing Monday am, and it turned to freezing drizzle by afternoon. It was icky out. JMO

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed but was it ever mentioned if her keys are also missing? The door to the house was locked, and most house doors that lead outside that i know of have to be locked with a key after one exits, they don't automatically lock when shut. If her keys were found in the home, then it seems someone else who had their own set of keys (husband? cousin?) locked that door, and are likely involved somehow. If her keys were found in the home with her id and purse, it's more likely she left on her own, for some reason.

I really hope Amy is ok. I'm hoping this is an overwhelmed young mother with cabin fever who decided to strike out for greener pastures a la Tiffany Tehan. It was said Amy spent the days at home, so I'm assuming she is a stay at home mom, and that there was only one family car so she didn't have access to a vehicle while her husband is at work. From the google pictures, this area looks very isolated and rural, cold winters. What was her routine? What did she do all day in such a rural area without access to a vehicle? It leaves her basically stranded.

Going back to read more on the cousin. He said he stopped by mid morning and no one answered the door, correct? Odd this information wasn't released right away. Although I'm hoping the above scenario is correct and she's taking some time away for herself, my heart is telling me a male relative is involved in her disappearance. Husband? Cousin? Someone else?

How many children does Amy have? Do we know their ages?

I'm kind of thinking that this press conference will not have any surprise info other than what has been told - or even a BOLO of any type. Seems like they would have held it tonight if it was urgent. Maybe they are simply doing it because of being besieged by the media. Crowd control.

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed but was it ever mentioned if her keys are also missing? The door to the house was locked, and most house doors that lead outside that i know of have to be locked with a key after one exits, they don't automatically lock when shut. If her keys were found in the home, then it seems someone else who had their own set of keys (husband? cousin?) locked that door, and are likely involved somehow. If her keys were found in the home with her id and purse, it's more likely she left on her own, for some reason.

I really hope Amy is ok. I'm hoping this is an overwhelmed young mother with cabin fever who decided to strike out for greener pastures a la Tiffany Tehan. It was said Amy spent the days at home, so I'm assuming she is a stay at home mom, and that there was only one family car so she didn't have access to a vehicle while her husband is at work. From the google pictures, this area looks very isolated and rural, cold winters. What was her routine? What did she do all day in such a rural area without access to a vehicle? It leaves her basically stranded.

Going back to read more on the cousin. He said he stopped by mid morning and no one answered the door, correct? Odd this information wasn't released right away. Although I'm hoping the above scenario is correct and she's taking some time away for herself, my heart is telling me a male relative is involved in her disappearance. Husband? Cousin? Someone else?

How many children does Amy have? Do we know their ages?

2 sons - 8 & 10 yrs old.

My hinky-meter has been going off ever since I read the first article that mentioned the cousin stopping by. BUUUUUT... my hinky-meter has never been officially tested for accuracy...

My heart really goes out to Amy's two young sons. What a traumatic thing for them to be experiencing! Hard to process and deal with - so much going on around them.

James did say uptown - I heard him say it on a video.

Where I live - we say going to town. Where the stores, gas station, schools etc. are located. I think that's probably along the same lines as going uptown. And if it's as small a town as it is here - it doesn't take long to drive 3 blocks of the town looking for a car etc.

Ok, TY!
I was trying to get a feel for the distance/time. My point of reference is the "big city", when we say we are going "uptown" - it is opposed to "downtown" -it's also a 4-5 mile distance/15-20 minutes travel time.

I also happen to have spent many summers in this immediate area, and I do not recall anyone saying they were going "uptown" in reference to Hartford Township, or even Paw Paw. But that's just my :twocents:....

WHAT IF: (here I go) she accidentally locked herself out when getting the dog and had to walk to a neighbor to use their phone and something happened?

This is spot on... my biggest concern.
Supposedly the husband contacted friends/family initially, but did he also check with the neighbors? Maybe they...saw something suspicious? Any RSO's in the area?

Where is Amy??

I guess I stand alone in still thinking the husband may be involved. I'm not set on him, but he's at the top of my list. Then the cousin. Then a stalker who knew her routine and waited until the husband left...

But the husband... my hinky meter is high. Maybe I've just been jaded and seen how spouses can harm spouses and parents can harm children, even when everyone around them says they would never do such a thing... :(

okay so I not alone?

Watch the interview of the husband and see how many times he blinks during the interview. People who lie tend to blink a lot. I would love to have the person who has the website Eyes that Lie give us an analysis of the husband. I think he's lying through his teeth. Wonder if the husband had been given a polygraph? Just my observation and opinion. My hinky meter goes off when I watch that interview.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Van-Buren-Co-woman-30-missing

I'm really hoping LE can get the husband & the cousin ruled out as being under any suspicion at all fairly quickly. That's the type of thing that happens with these investigations (I think) that slows down the initial progress in the most crucial hours of an investigation......trying to get immediate witnesses ruled out as suspects. It's detrimental but LE can only focus on so much at one time and when it's in smaller, more rural type areas such as this case....the initial "manpower" (or investigative experience) just isn't there. Vital clues can be lost and/or tainted in a very short period of time.

Watch the interview of the husband and see how many times he blinks during the interview. People who lie tend to blink a lot. I would love to have the person who has the website Eyes that Lie give us an analysis of the husband. I think he's lying through his teeth. Wonder if the husband had been given a polygraph? Just my observation and opinion. My hinky meter goes off when I watch that interview.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Van-Buren-Co-woman-30-missing

Thank you for the link to the video. It validates what I have thought from the beginning, and I stand firm with keeping him at the top of the list for the most likely suspect here.

God bless those kids...

***not at all***

Mine too....toothpaste kiss, fixing coffee, waving at the window....I think we need to make sure he is not quoting a Leave it to Beaver episode instead of what might have really happened. but then again I'm cynical. :)

I'm very curious to know if the home had a computer(s) with internet access. We've already read in msm that amy didn't have a cell phone and no access to a vehicle.....at least she didn't on the day she disappeared. Was she there day-in and day-out with no form of communication other than a land-line phone (just assuming they had that at least)?

I very MUCH realize that dangerous strangers come out of nowhere in remote/rural areas on unexplainable days and snatch people but.....how convenient that this particular "person snatcher" got there and "snatched" this young mother precisely between the time her husband left for work and before the cousin arrived. The timing is almost impeccable. I wonder what the odds are?

20 years ago I was at home w/ 2 very young daughters. Landline phone only / no computer. I never felt like I was lacking anything or "trapped".

Times have changed drastically.

Detectives and sheriff’s deputies from Van Buren County were inside the home of Amy Henslee on Wednesday night, and asked her family to leave.

Her relatives cooperated with investigators, who searched the Hartford Township home around 8 p.m.

The sheriff’s department will hold a news conference at 8:30 a.m. Thursday to announce new information on the case of the 30-year-old missing woman, although they wouldn’t specify any further details.

Detectives say they have a promising lead in the case, which is hopeful for Amy’s loved ones to hear.

“They just said they had a lead and they think it's a good one,” said James Henslee, Amy’s husband.

"The only thing I can think of is that my wife may have gotten into a vehicle with someone she had known, because she's real skeptical about leaving the house or answering the door for anybody she doesn't know," he said.

James reported Amy missing around 10 p.m. Monday. Since then, he has tried to hold it together and remain strong for his boys.

“Don't worry, because we're going to get your mom back and she's going to be safe,” he said he tells his sons. “(It’s) just good things -- that's all I can tell ‘em.”

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Vigil-set-for-missing-Van-Buren-Co-mom

<snip>

Many in the small Van Buren County community knew Henslee, who often cheered on her two sons while her husband coached football, wrestling and baseball.

"Everybody knows her," said her cousin, Tim Wimbley, 21, of Hartford.

Wimbley said Henslee wasn't the type of mother to just disappear and leave behind her children, especially since her oldest son's 11th birthday is on Jan. 31.

"It's like she vanished off the face of the Earth," Wimbley said.

more here

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/01/nearly_100_people_take_part_in.html

My son who is a correctional officer just watched the interview of the father and he doesn't think the husband is hiding anything. He says the guy looks stressed out, extremely worried and tired. Just thought I'd share my son's observations. Guess we need to find out more about this male relative that stopped by the house that morning. I hope my son is right about the husband.

<snip>

Many in the small Van Buren County community knew Henslee, who often cheered on her two sons while her husband coached football, wrestling and baseball.

"Everybody knows her," said her cousin, Tim Wimbley, 21, of Hartford.

Wimbley said Henslee wasn't the type of mother to just disappear and leave behind her children, especially since her oldest son's 11th birthday is on Jan. 31.

"It's like she vanished off the face of the Earth," Wimbley said.

more here

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/01/nearly_100_people_take_part_in.html

Good catch, I wonder if this is THE cousin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laloeromero