GUILTY MI - April Millsap, 14, Armada, 24 July 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's probably going to come back to a grudge or jealous girl thing, but one out-there theory I have ... there seem to be a lot of boys in that area interested in not just wrestling, but MMA, Judo, etc. Apparently there was some big meet in Fargo(?) at the time of April's murder ... because of the COD being reported "beat to death" ... maybe a boy wasn't invited or allowed to go to this all important meet where he'd be in competition to kick the crap out of other boys so he snapped and decided to do MMA on an innocent girl walking by.

Neither LE nor the ME has released the "official" COD. That April might have been beaten is speculation from her family and friends. COD appears to be one of the aspects of this case that LE is keeping under wraps.

Neither LE nor the ME has released the "official" COD. That April might have been beaten is speculation from her family and friends. COD appears to be one of the aspects of this case that LE is keeping under wraps.

I'm aware of that but it's all we have to go on so far. Alternatively some people suggested strangulation or I would guess possibly even drowning, if there was any water in the drainage ditch.

I'm aware of that but it's all we have to go on so far. Alternatively some people suggested strangulation or I would guess possibly even drowning, if there was any water in the drainage ditch.

Does anyone know whether the viewing was open or closed casket? If closed, it could lend credence to the fact that it may have been a beating.

I think it's probably going to come back to a grudge or jealous girl thing, but one out-there theory I have ... there seem to be a lot of boys in that area interested in not just wrestling, but MMA, Judo, etc. Apparently there was some big meet in Fargo(?) at the time of April's murder ... because of the COD being reported "beat to death" ... maybe a boy wasn't invited or allowed to go to this all important meet where he'd be in competition to kick the crap out of other boys so he snapped and decided to do MMA on an innocent girl walking by.

I've lived in the Detroit tri-county area my whole life and I never knew there was a Fargo Michigan.

I think it is possibly someone the police said is not a suspect at this time (not naming any names). I find the text message about being abducted highly suspect. If I thought I was about to be abducted I would scream, run, or call 911 before sending a text. I think this was someone April (and her dog), knew well. They argued and in a fit of anger this person struck her; perhaps multiple times. I think her killer sent the text message to mislead police.

I've lived in the Detroit tri-county area my whole life and I never knew there was a Fargo Michigan.

Fargo ND. :)

Only found out about it because teens in the Armada and surrounding area were posting about it on social media.

I think it is possibly someone the police said is not a suspect at this time (not naming any names). I find the text message about being abducted highly suspect. If I thought I was about to be abducted I would scream, run, or call 911 before sending a text. I think this was someone April (and her dog), knew well. They argued and in a fit of anger this person struck her; perhaps multiple times. I think her killer sent the text message to mislead police.

I don't think April sent the message either. I just can't imagine a scene where a person would be Able to send that message but not ask for help.

5:00 April was seen on the trail
6:00 Text msg sent
Almost immediately boyfriend notifies Aprils parents of text and they search on the trail for her
8:25 Couple finds April (don't know what time they first passed by her dog)

Why didn't her parents or others find April since the path is so widely used?

She usually was gone 1/2 hour

So where was April from 5:30 or so until maybe 7:30 or 8:00 until the joggers first passed the dog?

I was looking thru some older cases of people being abducted while on a walk in the woods. Several of them involved one of a group being a bit ahead or behind the others and just silently disappearing. I don't know if they used something like ether to knock out the person. Maybe they got ahold of the dog first and knocked her out, then grabbed April.

That's my thoughts most recently.

1/2 hour seems a short time to be found in the area where April appears from reports to have been found. Most accounts seem to indicate that she was found somewhere in the area of woods between Liberty Lane and Omo Rd. That is a far trek from where I believe she lived.

It causes me to question if she was killed where she was found or dumped there after. It is hard to know her route and regular pattern for her walks if there was one. Let's just say I am not sold on the idea that she was not taken by force or by vehicle to the point she was found.

If that was the case it is possible that Penny was left behind and then followed on foot, finally catching up with her girl after she was already dead :(

ARMADA , ..MI -- It's been a few days since there has been any visible action related to the April Millsap death investigation, but the case "is not even close" to going cold, Lt. Mike Shaw, a spokesman for the homicide task force and the state police, told MLive Detroit Tuesday.

"We're still following tips, gathering information and waiting on lab results," Shaw said, adding that, though there is no overt activity, plenty is occurring behind the scenes.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/i...Feed:+detroit-news+(Detroit+News+-+MLive.com)

Fargo ND. :)

Only found out about it because teens in the Armada and surrounding area were posting about it on social media.

Are you sure they didn't mean Fargo MI? It's northwest of Port Huron maybe 20 miles.

I think that's a strange coincidence, because the wrestling event or whatever was in Fargo ND.

I have family that lives in the area not too far from Armada and I never knew there was a Fargo MI either. Looks too small for anything to be held there though?

I don't think April sent the message either. I just can't imagine a scene where a person would be Able to send that message but not ask for help.

5:00 April was seen on the trail
6:00 Text msg sent
Almost immediately boyfriend notifies Aprils parents of text and they search on the trail for her
8:25 Couple finds April (don't know what time they first passed by her dog)

Why didn't her parents or others find April since the path is so widely used?

She usually was gone 1/2 hour

So where was April from 5:30 or so until maybe 7:30 or 8:00 until the joggers first passed the dog?

I was looking thru some older cases of people being abducted while on a walk in the woods. Several of them involved one of a group being a bit ahead or behind the others and just silently disappearing. I don't know if they used something like ether to knock out the person. Maybe they got ahold of the dog first and knocked her out, then grabbed April.

That's my thoughts most recently.

BBM. Does make one take pause at the idea that someone else sent the message. She's usually only gone 1/2 an hour and an hour after she was last seen the odd message comes through.

1/2 hour seems a short time to be found in the area where April appears from reports to have been found. Most accounts seem to indicate that she was found somewhere in the area of woods between Liberty Lane and Omo Rd. That is a far trek from where I believe she lived.

It causes me to question if she was killed where she was found or dumped there after. It is hard to know her route and regular pattern for her walks if there was one. Let's just say I am not sold on the idea that she was not taken by force or by vehicle to the point she was found.

If that was the case it is possible that Penny was left behind and then followed on foot, finally catching up with her girl after she was already dead :(

Did she take a backpack with her and police said it's missing? I was under the impression she was on a normal dog walking routine, but if it was much further away than she normally traveled, then maybe she was going that way for a very specific reason, especially if she took a backpack with her just to walk the dog. Maybe she had plans to meet someone?

I, too, thought it seemed like she was found quite a distance from her normal "1/2 hour walk". I'm not good at the maps, is there a way we can see how long it would take to WALK (not drive) from her home to where she was found??

I'm wondering if it's possible that someone took her from the trail and killed her near where she was found and, like you said, the dog tracked her down.

JMO - I'm still leaning toward it being another teen or teens her age based on no SA and rumor from family/friends that she was beaten to death. Hoping that if it's a teen or teens, that someone will not be able to handle what was done to April and will break.

Did she take a backpack with her and police said it's missing? I was under the impression she was on a normal dog walking routine, but if it was much further away than she normally traveled, then maybe she was going that way for a very specific reason, especially if she took a backpack with her just to walk the dog. Maybe she had plans to meet someone?

LE said they were looking for her backpack. I thought it odd she would take it for a routine 1/2 hr walk. She lived 1/2 mile from the trail.

LE mentioned there was other communication from her phone; no further details.

Yes, maybe she was dumped where she was found.

One thing that has me really confused on this case ... why is LE still asking for tips about the person in the sketch and still say they are looking for a blue and white motorcycle?

JDV looks just like the sketch basically and he has a blue and white motorcycle, right?

He's still in jail according to this article:
http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2014/08/april_millsap_slaying_investig.html

I'm not sure if $75,000 bond is a lot for marijuana plants, but seems like they suspect he was involved but don't have enough evidence yet to charge?

I would still be more than surprised to hear a 30 year old man just decided to beat a teenage girl to death without SA being involved. There must be more to the story if they think he's involved, or maybe he was just in the area or dealing drugs or whatever.

I, too, thought it seemed like she was found quite a distance from her normal "1/2 hour walk". I'm not good at the maps, is there a way we can see how long it would take to WALK (not drive) from her home to where she was found??

I'm wondering if it's possible that someone took her from the trail and killed her near where she was found and, like you said, the dog tracked her down.

JMO - I'm still leaning toward it being another teen or teens her age based on no SA and rumor from family/friends that she was beaten to death. Hoping that if it's a teen or teens, that someone will not be able to handle what was done to April and will break.

Hard to say how fast she walked especially with penny. Driving distance from her home to beginning of trail about 1/2 mile. Doesn't seem to be any shortcuts. My guess to the distance on the trail is 1/2 mile.

I agree with your jmo.

One thing that has me really confused on this case ... why is LE still asking for tips about the person in the sketch and still say they are looking for a blue and white motorcycle?

JDV looks just like the sketch basically and he has a blue and white motorcycle, right?

He's still in jail according to this article:
http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2014/08/april_millsap_slaying_investig.html

I'm not sure if $75,000 bond is a lot for marijuana plants, but seems like they suspect he was involved but don't have enough evidence yet to charge?

I would still be more than surprised to hear a 30 year old man just decided to beat a teenage girl to death without SA being involved. There must be more to the story if they think he's involved, or maybe he was just in the area or dealing drugs or whatever.

yes, based on neighbor statements we thought maybe the blue and white bike brought LE there in part. But they have never really addressed that when they speak to the raid and subsequent arrest. Wonder if it was recently sold or borrowed?

LE are being very tight lipped about many things. Right down to COD. That means something. I wish I knew what. But it means something.

<modsnip>
Another thing I just heard about from my son...I guess teens are on some new craze where they pick someone and rush them and punch them or something and video tape it for kicks...has anyone heard about this sick fad? Possibly there were some kids doing that and it went very bad? Ill google that and find out more and post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl