GUILTY MI - April Millsap, 14, Armada, 24 July 2014 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So glad to hear that JV has been charged and they have physical as well as electronic evidence... wonder what the electronic evidence is.
Maybe quick-thinking passers by took photos/video if they suspected that something bad was going down.

During the arraignment, JVC's attorney said that they hadn't received detailed charges yet. DA proclaims his client's innocence, but I have a feeling that they don't realize what they're up against. :moo:

the eye witness evidence is what is most confusing to me. Obviously they did not witness the murder or attack else why such a long delay in charging the POI. So the eye witness evidence most be more along the line of putting accused in specific small defined area of her body at a specific window of time in order for them to state they have witnesses placing him at scene of crime during the crime.

Oh that support site is awful! The grammar! The spelling! The naïveté! [emoji16]

Oh that support site is awful! The grammar! The spelling! The naïveté! [emoji16]
Yes, the ignorance. The cruelty to April's family. The page is set up and reads like a memorial page. The VanCallis family is obviously detracting from (even mocking) the pain April's loved ones are experiencing. They are presenting JVC as the victim to gain sympathy. It's disgusting. :naughty:

In that scenario, why would April not have sought help from the witness? I presume investigators have pieced together answers to these questions and we will eventually learn the series of events leading to April's murder and beyond.[/FONT]
What seems sensible from the armchair isn't always what seems sensible in the moment. I do think that whoever "broke" it up should have called 911. But I wanted to offer a brief anecdote. I'm a professor at a local college; last week I witnessed a domestic spat that bordered on abusive. There were several people standing around who did nothing. I was the only one who called security. In retrospect, it seemed clearly abusive - but in the moment less so. Furthermore, I asked the woman if she was okay, but she refused help and stormed off.

In other words, there are lots of things that differ from how we think of a situation in a moment of cold reflection to when we're in the situation. April might have mistrusted the one who assisted her as much as she mistrusted the POI.

JVC has been surrounded by enablers his entire life. Whenever he's done something wrong, his parents and siblings looked the other way and tried to find someone else to blame for his continued mistakes. JVC has never accepted responsibility for his wrongdoings, and he never will. When this trial is over and Judge sentences James to life in prison, maybe his family will finally realize that they shouldn't have enabled this loser. :moo:

I can't hold it against a family for having a support page. April has plenty of support as does the cause for justice in this case. I don't know how I would feel or choose to respond to a close relative being charged with a heinous crime. I recognize their pain. If they choose to express it via social media they should probably be prepared for people to disagree. IMO they are opening themselves up to more frustration, anger and heartache by opting to have a support page but that is their prerogative.

I also believe that LE has a reason for these charges and hopefully a good solid case against the accused.

^ I agree. That said, the perp's family should refrain from bashing the victim and/or her family, the Armada PD and other investigative agencies that worked diligently to bring charges against JVC for this horrific crime. It's understandable that his family is ashamed, embarrassed, and hurting, but they shouldn't lash out at those who they feel have wronged them. :moo:

I agree, I think the problem with a support page idea is that the very existence of a support page invites comment and I have seen some pretty hateful comments going both directions on that page. They should not be shocked that most people do not support James. They are taking their support public on social media which causes people to want to respond (sometimes in a hateful manner) to their support. I agree that nobody needs to be bashing anyone, especially not the victim.

^ I agree. That said, the perp's family should refrain from bashing the victim and/or her family, the Armada PD and other investigative agencies that worked diligently to bring charges against JVC for this horrific crime. It's understandable that his family is ashamed, embarrassed, and hurting, but they shouldn't lash out at those who they feel have wronged them. :moo:
Agreed. JVC will have due process. Let them analyze for themselves the evidence presented at trial.

If I had a loved one who was charged with such a heinous crime, I can only imagine that I would be extremely upset with the person. If loved one insisted on his/her innocence, I would show restraint in my support until I could fully assess the evidence in the case for myself. If I became convinced of the loved one's guilt, I would be so furious as to withdraw myself from that person. I would be so apologetic toward the victim's family, as many families of perps I have seen on WS have been.

The VanCallis family are only garnering more animosity toward themselves. They are publicly displaying their ignorance and hostility toward the law and the victim, which does suggest that this is a family of enablers. It makes me wonder if there are many other crimes that these people have committed over the years but have avoided detection until now. To me, that would be the only explanation for this family showing such outrage without knowing all of the facts. In their minds, it wasn't supposed to happen this way because they always managed to avoid detection in the past. JMO

Man charged in Armada killing pleads in drug case

Port Huron — A man charged with killing a 14-year-old girl as she walked her dog in southeastern Michigan has pleaded guilty to a separate drug charge.

The Times Herald of Port Huron reports 32-year-old James VanCallis pleaded guilty to manufacturing marijuana Monday in St. Clair County court. His 66-year-old father also pleaded guilty to manufacturing marijuana following their arrest in July...

Associated Press 8:31 a.m. EDT October 21, 2014http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ged-armada-killing-pleads-drug-case/17652823/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back