GUILTY MI - Aundria Bowman, 14, murdered, Holland, 11 March 1989 *located 2020, adoptive father convicted*

What a sick puppy. I wonder if he planned all along to adopt and raise his next victim. His loathsome wife could not have been unaware of this perv's activities.
Brenda Engweiler Bowman was perfectly aware of Dennis Lee Bowman's history of violence toward young women. Dennis Lee Bowman's high school class mates announced to anyone that would listen that Bowman bragged about raping his sister! Couple that with Bowman's 1980 offense against a teenage girl that put him in prison for 5 years, the 1988 complaint my 14 y.o. daughter made against him for molesting and assaulting her physically, and his1998 offense against a young unsuspecting co-worker who I believe he fully intended to rape and kill, and it's obvious Brenda Engweiler Bowman was fully aware of Dennis Lee Bowman's capacity for evil.

Brenda Engweiler Bowman was perfectly aware of Dennis Lee Bowman's history of violence toward young women. Dennis Lee Bowman's high school class mates announced to anyone that would listen that Bowman bragged about raping his sister! Couple that with Bowman's 1980 offense against a teenage girl that put him in prison for 5 years, the 1988 complaint my 14 y.o. daughter made against him for molesting and assaulting her physically, and his1998 offense against a young unsuspecting co-worker who I believe he fully intended to rape and kill, and it's obvious Brenda Engweiler Bowman was fully aware of Dennis Lee Bowman's capacity for evil.
Based on what you have said and the history of this, I believe police should look at Brenda as an accessory after the fact at the very least. She knew Alexis was murdered and reported her as a runaway which diverted police attention for over 30 years.

just found this case and finished reading it this morning..

some thoughts back in those days didn't they adopt children to almost anyone like were home studies background checks mandatory?
also if she was listed as being disabled when she was being adopted wouldn't the schools know so they could test her which they would then find out she was not.

also my theory is he gave up her whereabouts because he knew if he was convicted of her murder two states would be after him and it would need to be decided where he would pay for his crimes and hes thinking he can get extradited back to Michigan and serve whatever time he has left in jail

this is so sad to aundria62374 i will keep you in my prayers

just found this case and finished reading it this morning..

some thoughts back in those days didn't they adopt children to almost anyone like were home studies background checks mandatory?
also if she was listed as being disabled when she was being adopted wouldn't the schools know so they could test her which they would then find out she was not.

also my theory is he gave up her whereabouts because he knew if he was convicted of her murder two states would be after him and it would need to be decided where he would pay for his crimes and hes thinking he can get extradited back to Michigan and serve whatever time he has left in jail

this is so sad to aundria62374 i will keep you in my prayers
Dennis Lee Bowman didn't "give up" the whereabouts of my daughter. In those days, and likely in these days, money talked and no one vetted the adopters.

I just looked back in this thread to see how long I have been following Aundria's case and it has been since 2010. I just realized I was talking back and forth with a former classmate of Aundria's with the screen name Varye. She seemed to really care to find out what happened to Aundria. May Aundria rest in peace and Kathy I am glad you never gave up looking for her! Sending prayers and hugs to you.

It has been over 41 years since Aundria Bowman went "missing" and was actually murdered by her adoptive father, Dennis Lee Bowman.

Bowman was extradited from Michigan to Virginia to stand trial for the rape and murder of a Naval Officer's wife while her husband was deployed to sea.
CNNNHBZ5ZJGI7EKVKBSTZJQ6RM.jpg

Kathleen O’Brien Doyle, left, and Dennis Lee Bowman.
Man charged in 1980 slaying of Norfolk woman now charged in daughter’s death

ASSOCIATED PRESS MAY 15, 2020
ALLEGAN, Mich. — A man who was extradited to Virginia to face charges in a 1980 Norfolk homicide was charged Friday in Michigan in the death and disappearance of his adoptive daughter in 1989.

Dennis Bowman, 71, was charged with murder, child abuse and mutilation of a body, Allegan County prosecutor Myrene Koch said.

Aundria Bowman was 14 in 1989 when she was reported as a runaway. Her remains were found in February under cement in Monterey Township, near Hamilton.

“I also want to assure Aundria's family and friends that even though this has been a very long road, this is the first step to seeking justice for her,” Koch said....

... Bowman was extradited to Virginia in February and remains in custody in Norfolk. He told a judge during his initial court appearance that he planned to plead guilty in the Doyle case, WVEC-TV reported.

LINK:
Man charged in 1980 slaying of Norfolk woman now charged in daughter’s death

This will be Alexis's 1st birthday after being found. She would have been 46 had dirt bag not killed her. Too bad he's not going to fry but then again, we'll see how long he has to suffer behind bars! Bring on the trial in Michigan!

Decades-old Norfolk cold case closed as man, now 71 and tied to another killing, pleads guilty
Dennis Lee Bowman, now 71, pleaded guilty Wednesday to first-degree murder, rape and burglary. Circuit Court Judge Mary Jane Hall then sentenced him to the maximum: two life terms plus 20 years in prison.

Bowman will now be sent to Michigan, where he faces charges in another cold case: the death of his adopted daughter. Aundria Michelle Bowman was 14 when she disappeared in 1989. In February, police found her remains on Bowman’s property in Michigan, according to the Grand Rapids Press.

Last edited:
Thank u for posting the links Richard. I need to make a correction to the narrative on Delayed Justice, and WoodTV 8, to my knowledge Dennis Lee Bowman never admitted to murdering Alexis aka Aundria. Bowman said, "we fought, she fell down the stairs and broke her neck, I put her body in a garbage can, and she was taken away the next day." The list of charges assert Bowman murdered 14 y.o. Aundria, buried her, then exhumed her and reburied her in his back yard on 136th Ave in Hamilton, MI. As far as I know, Bowman NEVER told police where he buried her body either time. All that information hopefully will come out in the trial.
I was contacted today by the Allegan, MI. detective working on my daughter's case, he said the courts will be in full swing by the end of July and they hope to extradite Dennis Lee Bowman back to MI by then. Bowman murdered my 14 y.o. child 31 years ago, he and is 71 now, needless to say, I'm anxious for this to proceed.

Her adopted father is going to stand trial for her murder.

Man charged with murdering teen daughter in 1989 | WOODTV.com

From the above link:

He has since been extradited back to Michigan and is expected in court Aug. 13 for a probable cause hearing in Aundria’s case.

The 13th is this coming Thursday. I'm glad he doesn't have the opportunity to hide from all of his Michigan crimes in Virginia. Although I am sure that was his intent when he pled guilty to the VA murder. Now he has to face the consequences in MI. I wonder if his wife and biological daughter will show up, and if so will they confront or support him?

The truth aways comes out, no matter how much a person tries to create excuses to ignore it. Justice is coming for Alexis!

Last edited:
ALLEGAN Co., Mich. - A 70-year-old Michigan man accused of the 1980 homicide of a Norfolk woman was charged Friday with the murder of his adoptive daughter.

Allegan County Prosecuting Attorney Mylene Koch charged Dennis Lee Bowman with Open Murder, Felony Murder and Child Abuse - 1st Degree and Mutilation of a Body...

.... Over the course of 31 years, law enforcement officers from the Allegan County Sheriff's Office, Michigan State Police, Allegan City Police and the Village of Douglas investigated the case and followed on a number of leads.

In the fall of 2019, detectives from the Allegan County Sheriff's Office and Michigan State Police began working on a joint investigation with the Norfolk Police Department and Naval Criminal Investigations Service regarding a homicide that happened in Norfolk in 1980.

In November 2019, Bowman was taken into custody for charges in connection with the death of Kathleen O’Brien Doyle. Doyle was 25 when she was found murdered in her Norfolk residence on September 11, 1980. Boyle’s husband, a U.S. Navy pilot, was deployed at the time of the homicide.

Bowman was then extradited from Michigan to Virginia to face those charges...

... On February 4 of this year, new information led law enforcement to skeletal remains found in a shallow grave in Allegan County. After extensive medical and DNA testing, the remains were positively identified as belonging to Aundria Bowman.

Dennis Bowman faces life in prison if convicted. He will be extradited back to Michigan.

Koch is reiterating that Bowman is only charged with these crimes and is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

"I want to thank all of the law enforcement teams both from Michigan and Virginia who have worked diligently on this case with my office over the years," Koch wrote. "I also want to assure Aundria's family and friends that even though this has been a very long road, this is the first step in seeking justice for her."

LINK:
Michigan man accused of 1980 local murder charged in death of adoptive daughter

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm