GUILTY MI - Aundria Bowman, 14, murdered, Holland, 11 March 1989 *located 2020, adoptive father convicted*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank u Richard for posting this. The information police received, re: where to look for my daughter's body came from me. Bowman told them, "we fought and Aundria fell down the stairs and broke her neck!" He told them he put her body in the garbage and she was taken off the next day! I knew he was lying and apparently police did too. The details will all come out in court, I'll leave it at that.

Great article about this incredible story. As an adoptee, I can’t tell you how moved I am by this path to justice and dignity. @Aundria62374, you are a hero and a great mom. While I wish you’d been able to meet Alexis in person, my faith tells me she knows how you fought for her- and I bet she’d love the name you’ve chosen for her. Forgive me if I’m overstepping any boundaries; I just have great admiration and respect for what you’ve done. Peace & happiness to you...
Mom Searched for Daughter She Placed for Adoption and Uncovered a Killer: 'I Had A Gut Feeling'

FEB 22, 2021
Wife: Husband told me where to find remains of missing teen | 13newsnow.com
A judge is holding a hearing to determine if a western Michigan man will face a murder trial in the death of his adopted daughter, who disappeared in 1989.

BB testified Monday that Dennis Bowman revealed the burial site a year ago, before he was extradited to Virginia for a different murder case.

Aundria Bowman's dismembered remains were discovered under a concrete slab outside the couple's home in Allegan County.

In Virginia, Dennis Bowman is serving a life sentence for the rape and murder of a woman back in 1980.

[...]

FEB 22, 2021
Wife: Husband told me where to find remains of missing teen | 13newsnow.com
A judge is holding a hearing to determine if a western Michigan man will face a murder trial in the death of his adopted daughter, who disappeared in 1989.

BB testified Monday that Dennis Bowman revealed the burial site a year ago, before he was extradited to Virginia for a different murder case.

Aundria Bowman's dismembered remains were discovered under a concrete slab outside the couple's home in Allegan County.

In Virginia, Dennis Bowman is serving a life sentence for the rape and murder of a woman back in 1980.

[...]
I think this article must have been updated:

A trial will be held for Dennis Bowman in the death of his adopted daughter. Bowman is already serving a life sentence for killing a Navy wife in Norfolk in 1980.

If Judge William Baillargeon finds probable cause to believe Bowman committed a felony, the case would be bound over to a circuit court judge for trial in Allegan County Circuit Court. If convicted, prosecutors said, Bowman would serve the sentence in Virginia.

Additional witnesses were scheduled to testify in the hearing Monday afternoon, Feb. 22, 2021.

Deputies said Aundria disappeared from her home in Fillmore Township on March 11, 1989.

The disappearance

Brenda Bowman, Dennis Bowman's wife of nearly 50 years, testified that Dennis Bowman showed up at her work that night, March 11, 1989, and claimed Aundria had run away from their home.

"He said Aundria had run away and took money from the baby's dresser," she testified Monday.

Aundria Bowman was never found and leads into her disappearance ran cold until Dennis Bowman's arrest in September 2019. Brenda read out loud a letter during the hearing Monday that Dennis wrote to her in Feb 2020.

" I have confessed to the death of Aundria. I myself, and nobody else," Brenda Bowman testified, reading the letter.

Brenda Bowman also told the court that in follow-up conversations with her husband, he admitted to getting in an argument with Aundria on March 11, 1989, then striking her.

"He said he slapped her, and she lost her balance and fell down the stairs," Brenda Bowman testified.

According to her testimony, Dennis Bowman admitted that he put Aundria's body in a container and later buried her in their backyard.

"He said he put her in a box and put her out with the trash," Brenda Bowman testified.
Mich. man now in Va. prison told wife where to find remains of daughter missing since 1989

Brenda Bowman said she immediately informed police, telling an officer, "He didn’t lie to me this time."

Brenda Bowman said her husband revealed the burial site in a phone call in February 2020, before he was extradited to Norfolk, Virginia, to face a murder charge in the 1980 death of a woman there.

Aundria's dismembered remains were discovered under a concrete slab outside the couple's home in Monterey Township.

“He said, ‘I moved her from the other house.’ ... He told me she was out under the cement slab, left hand corner, front," Brenda Bowman testified

Bowman, 71, said he pushed the teen down stairs in 1989 after she threatened to report that he had molested her, Det. Sgt. Todd Workman of the state police testified.

“He said it was a terrible thing to cut up a human,” Workman said.

In Virginia, Dennis Bowman pleaded guilty and is serving a life sentence for the rape and murder of Kathleen Doyle, who was the wife of a U.S. Navy pilot.
Wife: Husband told me where to find remains of west Michigan missing teen

Last edited:
From the above post:

Brenda Bowman said she immediately informed police, telling an officer, "He didn’t lie to me this time."

*this* time? She infuriates me. She accused her adopted daughter of lying when she was told her husband was molesting her. She KNEW her husband's history BEFORE they adopted.

She may not face criminal charges in this life, but she will face God in the next.

I will never ever understand how a woman could throw her childs safety under the bus for a man.

My heart is heavy learning these details. Keeping her bio mom in my prayers.

Convicted killer confesses to 1979 cold case crime | WOODTV.com

"Police told News 8 that Dennis Bowman confessed to a rape and assault incident in 1979. The victim was a 27-year-old woman from Holland.

The headline from 1979 reads, “Man sought in assault” in October of that year. The Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office was looking for a young man who raped and assaulted a Holland Township woman in her home. The description of the suspect was a white male between 25 and 30 years old with sandy hair and wire-rimmed glasses.

More than 40 years later, Dennis Bowman admitted to police that he “did bad things to her.”"

[More at the link]

Dennis Bowman was on the loose and committing crimes of rape and murder since AT LEAST 1979 (and probably earlier). He was finally arrested in 2019 - some 40 plus years later.

How many other victims are there? Who are they?

I’ve been wondering if this girl might be an additional victim of Dennis Bowman. She went missing the same year as Aundria/Alexis.

The Doe Network:
Case File 191DFMI

AMiller.jpg

Alishia Dachone Miller
Missing since January 4, 1989 from Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan.
Classification: Endangered Runaway

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: August 14, 1975
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5; 115 pounds
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Black female. Brown hair; brown eyes. Miller wore her hair gelled down with short bangs at the time of her disappearance.
    • Scars, Marks: Scar on the right side of her back.
    • Dentals: Available
    • DNA: Not Available
    • Clothing: Multicolored ski jacket; acid-washed jeans; a black and red sweater; and white and yellow gym shoes.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Miller was last seen leaving her family's home in the Outer Drive - Chalmers area of Detroit, Michigan to go to the store at approximately 17:00 on January 4, 1989.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Miller's whereabouts, please contact:
Detroit Police Department
9th Precinct
313-224-1510

All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.

NCMEC #: NCMC719122

NCIC Number: M-341383429
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information: The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children

Return to the Unexplained Disappearances' Index

I’ve been wondering if this girl might be an additional victim of Dennis Bowman. She went missing the same year as Aundria/Alexis.

The Doe Network:
Case File 191DFMI

AMiller.jpg

Alishia Dachone Miller
Missing since January 4, 1989 from Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan.
Classification: Endangered Runaway

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: August 14, 1975
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5; 115 pounds
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Black female. Brown hair; brown eyes. Miller wore her hair gelled down with short bangs at the time of her disappearance.
    • Scars, Marks: Scar on the right side of her back.
    • Dentals: Available
    • DNA: Not Available
    • Clothing: Multicolored ski jacket; acid-washed jeans; a black and red sweater; and white and yellow gym shoes.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Miller was last seen leaving her family's home in the Outer Drive - Chalmers area of Detroit, Michigan to go to the store at approximately 17:00 on January 4, 1989.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Miller's whereabouts, please contact:
Detroit Police Department
9th Precinct
313-224-1510

All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.

NCMEC #: NCMC719122

NCIC Number: M-341383429
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information: The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children

Return to the Unexplained Disappearances' Index
Interesting idea. They have dentals but no DNA on her. I bet they have his DNA in CODIS now tho.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61
Back