Deceased/Not Found MI - Bianca Jones, 2, Detroit, 2 Dec 2011 - #2 - *D. Lane guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's starting to sound like that.

Which reminds me of Casey Anthony - there is a supposition there that an accident occurred (drowning in the pool) and the mother covered the accident, making it look like a kidnapping/murder.

If this IS a drug deal, an issue of a drug debt is made worse by turning it into a car-jacking/kidnapping/hostage situation and involving so many people, LE, resources, media, etc. Why not just go to LE in the beginning and ask for their help.

Possibly, Bianca was taken and will be held until DL pays a debt to the dealers, but they are making a lot of work for themselves. A two-year-old needs a lot of care, diapers, special foods, naps... and how do they know he wants his daughter back. Maybe I am naive, but why turn over your child as collateral.

Drug dealers are in the business of aquiring and selling drugs - not daycare/kidnapping. Are they set up for that? Is there some baby daycare where babies are held until the debt is paid? If there are witnesses who say they saw him leaving his car - alone, when was the baby taken, or did he just hand her over to them. Do drug dealers sell on a pay-plan or is it cash up front.

Strange we haven't heard more about this practice. If it is found that parents knew this was not a stranger abduction, they both have a lot of explaining to do.

moo
I have personally never heard of that ever happening. If a drug dealer wants revenge on someone for a drug debt they sometimes shoot up the debtor's home, and a child may get shot. But I have never heard of them taking a 2 yr old and babysitting until the debt is paid.

It's starting to sound like that, but I doubt it.

Possibly, Bianca was taken and will be held until DL pays a debt to the dealers, but they are making a lot of work for themselves. A two-year-old needs a lot of care, diapers, special foods, naps... and how do they know he wants his daughter back. Maybe I am naive, but why turn over your child as collateral.

Drug dealers are in the business of aquiring and selling drugs - not daycare/kidnapping. Are they set up for that? Is there some baby daycare where babies are held until the debt is paid? If there are witnesses who say they saw him leaving his car - alone, when was the baby taken, or did he just hand her over to them. Do drug dealers sell on a pay-plan or is it cash up front.

Strange we haven't heard more about this practice. If it is found that parents knew this was not a stranger abduction, they both have a lot of explaining to do.

moo

It happens in Mexico all the time where people are held for money. D will be in deep crap if the police know he still has drugs ties because then it is back to prison for him. All these dealers have baby mamas that will do whatever they say.

Now, I am up in the air about this case, but nothing should be discounted. This are of town is not a safe one and most of us live in areas where we do not have to worry about theses type of things so it is infathomable to is.

I pray she is found safe, but given the timeline and search areas, she should have been found by now if he dumped her somewhere. IMO. If a cadaver dog was brought in, and he threw her in the trash, the dog would have picked it up there, in the house, and in the car. IMO

Thank you

This explains what the description "provided to the police" was, I had not seen it before.

Anyone know if this Uncle OJ the same one who spoke with her on the phone the prior evening? Or another Uncle?

~

I am pretty sure it is the same guy - younger, very involved in the search and very fond of Bianca.

I saw a clip where the mother and uncle OJ (Orlando Jones) talked about their last conversation with Bianca. They had previously talked about how smart she was and what a good vocabulary she had and was outgoing, but when the reporter asked him what Bianca had to say (and she asked each of the adults in turn and each responded the same way - eyes slightly lowered - thinking) they seemed to frown slightly, look a little confused (if that is the right word) shrugged and said, "Words...she talked...she just said words".
That was an immediate red-flag, I thought. They looked like they knew, too, that something was not right.

jmoo

In this video they show the car as it was found parked in the alley, driver door open. I can't get a screenshot but it's in the very first few seconds of the interview.
http://news.yahoo.com/video/detroitwxyz-20910802/interview-with-d-andre-lane-27510198.html

--a shot from this video...@ 2:00.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/year-girl-missing-armed-carjacking-detroit/story?id=15083624

biancacarinalleydooropen.jpg

I imagine drug dealers have girlfriends who would take care of Bianca until D'Andre coughed up whatever it was they needed him to cough up. HOWEVER...with all of this publicity? If I were said drug dealer? I wouldn't be hanging on to that baby. What if she got sick or the girlfriend didn't take good care of her or she had a peanut allergy they didn't know about? Not a good plan...if I were a GOOD drug dealer? (Again, I am taking my drug dealing knowledge from "Breaking Bad", "Law and Order" and "Weeds") I would be dropping that baby off in an ER or fire station or somewhere. Seriously. She is too "hot".

I am pretty sure it is the same guy - younger, very involved in the search and very fond of Bianca.

I saw a clip where the mother and uncle OJ (Orlando Jones) talked about their last conversation with Bianca. They had previously talked about how smart she was and what a good vocabulary she had and was outgoing, but when the reporter asked him what Bianca had to say (and she asked each of the adults in turn and each responded the same way - eyes slightly lowered - thinking) they seemed to frown slightly, look a little confused (if that is the right word) shrugged and said, "Words...she talked...she just said words".
That was an immediate red-flag, I thought. They looked like they knew, too, that something was not right.

jmoo

---the Chief speaks well of the family and uncle orlando..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...apped-carjackers-fails-lie-detector-test.html

The missing girl's uncle, Olando Jones, 20, recently attended a summit in Washington on youth violence prevention.

http://www.freep.com/article/201112...for-her-safe-return-after-reported-carjacking

[Chief] Godbee described the Joneses as a quality family and said Bianca's uncle, Olando Jones, is a young community leader.

The only information released to the media regarding the nephew is that she was in the car that morning. No where has media stated whether she was seen, covered with a blanket, alert and awake, sleeping.

MSM has reported D'Andre was using a paddle on Bianca and someone had to ask him to stop. I'll repost if I can find it.

The nephew would be the last 'independent' witness to see Bianca. He is a 15 year old male - doubt they notice much about babies, but I bet uncle was talking up a storm and trying to give the impression that Bianca was alive/asleep/doing something cute and funny, that nephew could not see. There is some reason that we are not hearing much regarding this important witness to Bianca and her uncle's behavior and conversation.

I am not sure if he was staying with DL or if he was picked up somewhere. If he was staying with DL, he would have even more to tell.

I imagine drug dealers have girlfriends who would take care of Bianca until D'Andre coughed up whatever it was they needed him to cough up. HOWEVER...with all of this publicity? If I were said drug dealer? I wouldn't be hanging on to that baby. What if she got sick or the girlfriend didn't take good care of her or she had a peanut allergy they didn't know about? Not a good plan...if I were a GOOD drug dealer? (Again, I am taking my drug dealing knowledge from "Breaking Bad", "Law and Order" and "Weeds") I would be dropping that baby off in an ER or fire station or somewhere. Seriously. She is too "hot".

I think it would be more likely, if this were truly the one and only case where a child was abducted for drug money, that the dealer would likely kill her the moment he realized that the police were involved. MOO.

JMHO but we aren't hearing a lot about what the minors saw or reported to LE is because they are minors. That usually happens when minors are witnesses but sometimes you do get their parents speaking to media on their behalf relating what was seen or heard. JMHO

While possible given that in Mexico cartels will take children and infants to compel a debtor to pay a debt, I really havent' seen that a lot in the USA. Not a kidnapping. I'm not saying it's impossible. Because it's always a possibility. I'm just thinking it improbable at this time. The taking of Bianca is the sole reason I have issue with the carjacking story. Car jackers want the property not the baby. IMHO they wouldn't want to have to tend, care for or in other words tend to a baby or child. JMHO.

Why not just abandon the car and leave Bianca in her car seat? Where do they have her stashed? Who's taking care of her (as another poster said Babysitting her).

This just isn't making sense to me at all. None of it. Is it possible that there was a car jacking? sure. Is it probable that a random carjacker took the car, drove it about a mile, abandoned it and took Bianca? Doesn't set well with me is all.

All JMHO

DPD, FBI. Way too hot. Suffice to say if this were drug related as soon as the dealers learnt the FBI was involved they would have dropped the child off somewhere she would have been found wandering alone. Since that hasn't happened and there has been no ransom note, nor has D'Andre come up with any possible suspects who might have a beef with him, I think we can safely rule those options out.

In fact, if D'Andre KNEW he owed anyone drug money, wouldn't he have found a way to take the heat off HIM, paid off that debt and his daughter would be found, wandering where she would have been noticed by an adult who would bring her to safety?

jmoo

Is the link still available for that clip?

DPD, FBI. Way too hot. Suffice to say if this were drug related as soon as the dealers learnt the FBI was involved they would have dropped the child off somewhere she would have been found wandering alone. Since that hasn't happened and there has been no ransom note, nor has D'Andre come up with any possible suspects who might have a beef with him, I think we can safely rule those options out.

[/b]In fact, if D'Andrew KNEW he owed anyone drug money, wouldn't he have found a way to take the heat off HIM, paid off that debt and his daughter would be found, wandering where she would have been noticed by an adult who would bring her to safety?[/b]

BBM - that would be congruent with Lane's statement about "if this is about me - then come after ME"...going from memory here...

BBM - that would be congruent with Lane's statement about "if this is about me - then come after ME"...going from memory here...

But they didn't go after D'Andre. They had a chance to come after D'Andre when they allegedly took off with his car. They had him right there!!

But instead they let him go, take the child and ditch the car a few blocks away in a place it took police 15 minutes to find the car? And then hold onto the child for a week while the FBI is involved?

What would drug dealers have to benefit from this type of situation? This a guy who is likely ordered to pay child support to 7 different mothers. He's not the custodial parent of any of those children. He's not employed that we know of.

Nah, the only thing this big, imo, is D'Andre's ego and financially that isn't worth anything to drug dealers who would be willing to kidnap and hold onto a child for a debt while leaving the car in an area LE could find it in 15 min.

ETA: We have to consider for the above type of scenario to even be possible, D'Andre would have such a signifcant debt, the drug dealers would have floated him enough drugs to make repayment worth the risk of being charged and convicted with grand theft auto AND kidnapping. And that would have been more valuable to them than bruising D'Andre up a bit.

JMO

But they didn't go after D'Andre. They had a chance to come after D'Andre when they allegedly took off with his car. They had him right there!!

But instead they let him go, take the child and ditch the car a few blocks away in a place it took police 15 minutes to find the car? And then hold onto the child for a week while the FBI is involved?

What would drug dealers have to benefit from this type of situation? This a guy who is likely ordered to pay child support to 7 different mothers. He's not the custodial parent of any of those children. He's not employed that we know of.

Nah, the only thing this big, imo, is D'Andre's ego and financially that isn't worth anything to drug dealers who would be willing to kidnap and hold onto a car for a debt while leaving the car in an area LE could find it in 15 min.

JMO

Sorry Cubby - I just meant that is was in line with Lanes statement NOT logic or common sense! LOL

Sorry Cubby - I just meant that is was in line with Lanes statement NOT logic or common sense! LOL

I know, I took it the way you meant it. I was using your post as another spring board. Sorry I wasn't more clear. Kiddo is home so I am multi-tasking while posting.

This is wierd - the search area is Poletown East (named for the Polish immigrant who settled there).

Source: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...arch/-/1719418/4895018/-/ig6jxfz/-/index.html

This is where the GM Detroit/Hamtramck assembly plant is....

I was talking to a friend - also on the site is Beth Olem Jewish cemetary - which is walled off and only open two days a year (Sundays preceding Rosh Hashana and Passover) Loooong story as to why...but I digress

Would he maybe put here there thinking nobody would be there anytime soon/ I was thinking little Tyler Dasher in the cemetary...

Also there are railroad yards...maybe in an empty rail car???

I know, I took it the way you meant it. I was using your post as another spring board. Sorry I wasn't more clear. Kiddo is home so I am multi-tasking while posting.

No worries! :rocker:

What gets me in that transcription is how many times he says "safe". Over and over and over, both in his own words, and in the words that Banika supposedly said to him. He is just stuck on "safe" and "you know".

ANd another thing. In that interview that I typed out, he says that they had their problems like any couple...but according to Banika's brother (Bianca's uncle), they were never a couple in that sense to begin with.
He talks about what Banika supposedly said to him when he talked to her and she told him to stay strong, I find it hard to believe that she told him she loved him at least twice. Even if he were my child's father, even if I really believed he was innocent, even if he was an ex I wanted to get back together with...I can't see telling them I love them. I would be sending all my love to my child, not him. I don't believe that Binaka said half of that, including the statement about her being the "flaky one".

And, how would the "point" of Banika calling the night before Bianca disappeared have anything to do with both of them trying to work together to be better parents. He tried a segue there, and it failed. he didn't make his connection between those two things very well.

I also transcribed that interview back on page 14 and listening to him that closely, while transcribing, really makes you realize what a smooth talker he is. He says words that don't really answer questions and then starts talking about what he really wants to say, which is what a great guy he is. I can just hear him talking to all his baby-mamas exactly like this, smoothing things out without saying anything at all.

On another note, I agree with the people who think mom should be talking more. She is upset and she has made a public plea or two, but she also said that she hadn't talked to DL, yet there is a photo of them talking, and he says "they" called the police together. I don't think she has anything to do with Bianca's disappearance, but I do think she feels guilty because she was letting Bianca stay with him for so long. I don't know why a mother who's barely two-year-old child didn't know that father at all would allow the two-year old to move in for such an extended period of time, a month. Obviously, she has a reason to regret that decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214